King Arthur returns to begin a campaign of genocide against the English people

>King Arthur returns to begin a campaign of genocide against the English people

Other urls found in this thread:

bettermyths.com/the-holy-grail-is-exciting-galahad-is-not/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astolfo
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
youtube.com/watch?v=Fs105n836l8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess he was supposed to 'return in their darkest hour'.
That isn't exclusive with causing it.

>Only targets pakis.

>his armies are entirely composed of englishmen

>Using outdated depictions of King Arthur

>inb4 Saber

They are the greatest threat facing England, after all.

>Not using the superior TH White depiction of Arthur as the son of a conquering Norman and having to piece together a kingdom from an island torn apart by race wars, needless violence, and abuse of power

How many other legends are supposed to return?

>y draig goch comes back from the dead to purge the world of those who make sheepfucker jokes

I was actually thinking about this a few days ago.

I mean, isn't it explicitly stated that King Arthur (fake or not) is a Brythonic King, aka Celtic, aka not Anglo, Saxon, Norman, or Jute.

Bear in mind, I'm a burger, so not familiar with the legend.

Well, depends on your version of the legend. I think in Malory the point's not really raised.

Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth era of England, At dawn of the era, look to the east.

Arthur can go for the long game: Magic sterility upon his enemies
Its far more beneficial to the crown and peace as well

The original legend was Welsh in origin. Given that Wales had quite a few cultural influences at the time, he could have been anyone.

Why is Arthur so famous anyway?

>Arthur
>full plate
XIX century was a mistake

a dead king trying to take back his land for the descendants of his subjects i can dig it

>prehistory + celts
>anglo-saxon heptarchy and vikings
>normans and the middle ages
>age of discovery, colonialism and the new world
>Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, saves Britain from the hands of Napoleon in a battle near Waterloo, which is a place east of England
>modern age
Checks out.

He was an underdog warlord who held off the inexorable advance of the angles, jutes and saxons for far longer than anyone expected him to, and is as such possibly the reason that welsh and cornish cultures still exist to the modern day.

Sure, ultimately his kingdom crumbled and all his works came to naught, but the cultural impact of a stalwart defence of western Britain can't be overstated.

It'd be hard to have a claim to anything when the Celts were merely one of the waves of inhabitants of the UK that got conquered.

Where do you start/stop? Killing anyone with Roman ancestry? Gaels? Normans?

Original legend spread into Anglo Saxon literature canon, very long ago.
So it also spread to Frankish literature canon.
And when those 2 language end up taking over the world during early industrialization, combined with USA as one of 3(2) superpowers of most of the modern times...
You basically got a widely spread legend, combined with a lot of poetry of the Matter of Britain and its translations.
And top of that, it did occasionally get adaptations, meaning it stayed as a part of "current living literature canon" in the Anglo world, at the least since 1200s.

And for its time, its competing with stuff like Tristan and Isolde, literal legend sagas, and more.
None of them really penetrated the mainstream literature canon as hard.

Francis Drake for one. The King Under the mountain is a very old concept.

Normans, anglos, jutes, all get out!

>Francis Drake
Wait seriously?

Whenever the Spanish get their shit together to become a world power again, he will be there.

According to one of the legends, his drum will sound of its own accord should England be threatened from the sea, and he'll return to lead the defence

what, to harass and rob them?

also
>implying the spanish could get their shit together

Catalonia says hi

I would too, considering how many Islamic assholes are over there right now.

What's he doing with the Swedish royal insignia?

There was a medieval retrospective about some other welsh king and the author said he was great but not as great as Arthur
So the legend grew especially as no one could really say who he was

>what, to harass and rob them?
Only the best for the Spaniards

>Catalonia says hi
i'm surprised Franco hasn't risen from his tomb to slap them back into place
fucking red catalonia

>Catalonia says hi
Who do you think was behind it?

>franco

as if that manlet could pull himself out of a shallow grave

t. muh heritage burger who is 99% khazar kike

>as if that manlet could pull himself out of a shallow grave
which is why he made his commie slaves built it in the side of a mountain.
nigga can just walk right

my God

, John the Evangelist, Muhammad al-Mahdi, Kōbō-Daishi, Bernardo Carpio, a bunch of Latvians, Vytautas the Great, King Arthur, Merlin, Thomas the Rhymer, Harry Hotspur, Bran the Blessed, Owain Lawgoch, Owain Glyndŵr, Fionn mac Cumhaill, the Fianna, Gerald FitzGerald 3rd Earl of Desmond, Gerald FitzGerald 8th Earl of Kildare, King Harold (England). Sir Francis Drake, Charlemagne, Frederick I, Frederick II, Henry the Fowler, Theseus, Typhon, Enceladus, Constantine I, Constantine XI, John III Doukas Vatatzes, Prince Csaba, Stephen I, Ladislaus I, Matthias Corvinus, Boabdil, King Pelayo, King Rodrigo, Sebastian I, the Golem of Prague, King David, Vlad the Impaler, Ogier the Dane, Olaf I, Väinämöinen, Alexander Suvorov, Taras Shevchenko, Prince Marko, Matija Gubec, Kralj Matjaž, Napoleon Bonaparte, Ječmínek, Giewont, St. Wenceslas, the Knights of Sitno, William Tell, Key-Khosrow, Montezuma, The Sleeping Ute mountain, Tecumseh, and Emperor Norton all team up to _____________________________________________

Find the holy Grail

bettermyths.com/the-holy-grail-is-exciting-galahad-is-not/

>Fionn mac Cumhaill, the Fianna,
that include otis?

Did someone say King Arthur?

Galahad is indeed the absolute worst knight in the conventional mythology, followed closely by Lancelot.
Bors is top tier, though, as is Gawain.

Personally a fan of Kay

Post comfy king

>Welsh Detected
I think it ends after Roman conquest, but before Vikings. Again, burger, so inform me please if there's a d'Arthur before that point.

Truly the hero we need.

You're correct, but you forgot a very important element: the romanticist revival. In England this led to glorification of two very, VERY ironic heroes: Arthur (the Welsh king who fought against the Angles, Saxons and Jutes) and Richard (the king who spoke two dialects of French but not a single word of Saxon and claimed he'd sell London if he could find a buyer). This led to revived interest in the Matter of England. France's Romanticist movement on the other hand didn't result in revived interest in the Matter of France and instead they wanked off "muh Gauls" like a bunch of fucking idiots.

Imagine an alternative timeline where they revived the Matter of France and we'd have a whole bunch of cool movies, RPGs and vidya about Charlemagne and his Peers. I cry evertim. This shit is literally worse than the fall of Constantinople.

Because the Normans liked stories about an ancient king of Britain who kicked those anglo-saxon hicks around.

They also liked the Chanson de Roland though, to the point where some troubadour sung that during the Battle of Hastings while juggling swords.

#BardGoals

Never forget who saved Europe from moorish conquest.

Summon the history teachers and slavs!

Oh great, new campaign idea.

That new doujinshi where his futa master spends several hours pounding his ass is great.

>Charlemagne died for this.

Who would be safe? The Welsh?

Maybe that guy who's the last speaker of Cornish in the world and talks to his dog to keep the language alive.

>And when those 2 language end up taking over the world during early industrialization, combined with USA as one of 3(2) superpowers of most of the modern times...

I came here to laugh at you.

We know for a fact that Arthur myths were already popular in Germany during the 1200s.

Then he gets his head kicked in by Offa's Dyke.

Who is this suppose to be a gender swap of?

Not a genderswap, just Astolfo.

source? looks like hellboy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astolfo
Also that's a trap, not a chick.

>ctrl+f friedrich
>ctrl+f barbarossa
>0 results
Veeky Forums confirmed plebs that are uneducated about medieval tales and myths

Do go on...

Charles Martel?

... eh, not the worst trade ever

..... you are correct. Well done.
[/spoiler]>You will never understand the glories of being in a game of Trap Crusaders versus Catboy Saracens.[/spoiler]

But he was German, and therefore barely counts as a man, let alone a legend.

>Trap Crusaders versus Catboy Saracens

I... might be interested.

>But he was German
Not really, there was no Germany as such back then. It was more a regional designation based on language. He was a Holy Roman Emperor though.

Anyway, Germany is the heartland of Europe and by extension the heartland of european mythical fantasy. I guess it's hard to accept for eternal anglos which don't know anything beyond the boundaries of their own culture and their own myths though.

>If I wanted to move little bits of wood around a checkerboard with no dice or killing people I would've been born German instead of Human.

Let's just get this over with..
youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

Actual tradition kicking the fuck out of "muh heritage! muh tradition!" safespace-seekers would be a fun and enjoyable setting.
I'm honestly surprised that no Welsh or Cornish nationalist party has rolled out a #wexit, "they have to go back (to Lower Saxony)" campaign.

>The Two Queens has been in development limbo forever
>no historical cartoon like Once Upon A Time... Man anymore
animation took a dark turn somewhere in the 90s.

I would watch the fuck outta an anime revisiting history with fantasy elements or without, but I don't think the pitch would sell as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fs105n836l8

>Varus was betrayed by his Germanic allies, preventing him from bringing them Roman civilization
>Charlemagne failled to thoroughly civilize/genocide the Germanics
>Phillip II didn't finish the job after Bouvines
>Francis I didn't destroy the Holy Roman Empire
>Louis XIV never became Holy Roman Emperor
>Napoleon's most decisive defeat was dealt to him by German troops. HIS OWN FUCKING GERMAN TROOPS. THEY FUCKING DECLARED "FUCK THIS LIBERTY SHIT, WE WANT TO BE OPPRESSED BY A PURE-BLOODED GERMAN KING" HOLY FUCK WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW MAD THIS MAKES ME
>Napoleon III failed to hold back the Prussian tide
>Everyone ignored Foch after WWI
>De Gaulle was excluded from Yalta (seriously, the Am*ricans told the French that they could shop up at Yalta on the condition that De Gaulle didn't represent them), preventing Germany from being forevermore destroyed
>The Am*ricans pressured Britain and France to accept German reunification after the fall of the Berlin Wall
Now we just have to place our faith in the hands of Jupiter to rid us of the G*rmanic menace forever.

>As they rode, kynge Arthur seyde, 'I have no swerde.'
>'No force,' seyde Merlyon, 'hereby ys a swerde that shall be youre, and I may.'
>So they rode tyll they com to a laake that was a fayre watir and brode. And in the myddis Arthure was ware of an arme clothed in whyght samyte, that helde a fayre swerde in that honde.
>'Lo,' seyde Merlion, 'yondir ys the swerde that I spoke off.'

>genocide against the English people
Just wait twenty years and the Arabs will be throwing acid in their faces in the street. The genocide is now inevitable and they're unarmed weak cuckolds who like the idea of going extinct.

Arty's gonna have to race if he wants his slice of the Albionic pie.

doubtful given he was based off of a roman cavalry commander
the welsh covered a lot more territoy back then all the way to strathclyde: where Merlin came from (Partick)

Why the fuck would a full-plate knight be scared of a crossbow?

You're probably part German, if you are indeed European.

Wasn't Merlin originally called Muradin, or Myhraddin?

>Why the fuck would a full-plate knight be scared of a crossbow?
Memes.

what the fuck

PRAISE OUR KING!

>You're probably part German, if you are indeed European.
The problem with Germans is not genetics per se, it's their autismal culture that teaches unconditional obedience to the in-group's leader du jour. If it's a monarch, then it's hoch der kaiser and death to the liberals. If it's a one balled Austrian, then it's Sieg Heil and wir müssen die Juden ausrotten. If it's a childless BLACKED granny, then it's Wir Schaffen das and Toleranz. Remove the German from Germany and you export this mindless obedience. Remove Germany from the German and you get a decent human being capable of critical thought. Exhibit A: Alsace. They're hardworking, hyperpatriotic Frenchmen. The most common last name there is Müller but nonetheless they will jump high and low and insist they're not German. And they're not, the fact that they're civilized proves it.

Your argument is invalid, my 1/16th Prussian-American friend.

It’s called Der Untertan syndrome.

That's a funny joke ano-
>Google it
>It's legit
with every passing day, the line between memes and reality blurs ever further.

>Bluebeard
>Doesn't actually have a beard

>Whenever the Spanish get their shit together to become a world power again, he will be there.

So, never.

Spain is unironically the strongest country on the planet: centuries of self-sabotage, yet it still stands.

>Sebastian I
Never forget 1578

Holger Danske.

I thought he was a French child molester, not Bluebeard

Yeah I'm seconding that call for source.

>The problem with Germans is not genetics per se, it's their autismal culture that teaches unconditional obedience to the in-group's leader du jour.
This is a misreading of my culture. We're not obedient to leaders per se. We're obedient to general consensus, that's point. We're mostly spineless opportunists who go with whatever the majority endorses. And that makes us highly exploitable by, yes, unscrupulous leaders.

Long live the king.

And it's still the heartlands.

Basically is. When the world goes to shit good ol pendragon comes back to keep england safe.