Any good TCGs left?

>Magic has become garbage.
>Yugioh had some good periods, but has overall been garbage.
>Hearthstone requires no strategy and killed pic related.
>Pokemon TCG also requires no strategy once you sit down to play, deckbuilding is everything.
>Cardfight Vanguard was fun for a few sets if you are a weeaboo like me, but then turned to shit from Legion era on.

If you want to play card games now you have to either get into dogtrash mobile games or play some extraweeb garbage like Force of Will.

Is anyone out there producing any good trading card cames with physical cards any more?

Pic related was the GOAT. Fuck you Blizzard for killing it off in favour of your shitty mobile game.

You can always join us over at /anrg/

sirlin's game codex is pretty good, but it isn't a ccg. There's plenty of good online ccg's aside from the one's you listed.

Isn't netrunner pretty much a withered husk now?

Go with LCGs bro. Android, Doomtown, and L5R are good. Though L5R might qualify as weeb trash, it isn't all anime like FoW.

MTG became shit once they added Planeswalkers and set target audience to be 9 year olds, and also when they added more 3D-ish than hand painted art!

I hoped that The Eye of Judgement or something like BattleForge willbe the next thing but both failed

Star Wars Destiny is pretty good

Look at Dragoborne or Star Wars Destiny.

>>Magic has become garbage.

Whatever weeb. I have a friend who likes Weiss Schwarz but I dunno I thought it was pretty shit.

I've had a lot of fun with Elder Scrolls Legends.

Goddamn OP, I loved that game. Bought into it because "lolwowmerch" and had a blast. Friend had an annoying-ass pirate deck I used to play against.
I happened across the Scarlet Monetary deck in target once and bought it, but by then, the game was long dead, and my friend long-gone.

This. SWD is a card game that also uses custom dice in its core mechanic. It's pretty deep, and has a lot of tactical nuance. And starting soon there'll be draft and sealed formats.

>Hearthstone requires no strategy
Objectively untrue, spoken like a true Shieldbearer.

New World Order. They have a term for this. It's New World Order. Commons can't have complexity, etc.

Didn't the SMITE guys make sort of a CCG? Hand of Gods or something?

literally the most luck dependent tcg out there. please dead yourself.

I'll be the poor lonely FoW defender in the thread. Even though some of the fun decks require a bit of chasing to do right. I'm also playing DBS, and that's fine. I don't play DragoBorne, and I know nobody who does.

Disregard current meta and cardpool, play with cards up to the pack before Faust existed.

There is a new DB Super card game, but I know nothing about it or its gameplay.

Wrong on every level, end urself, weeb.

What about Doomtown? Is it dead? Was it good?

It's a shitty hearthstone clone, also it isn't physical like OP wanted

>all this shit- tier taste
Shift CCG is obviously the superior card game

It's pretty good BECAUSE it's not a CCG.

CCG (and LCG that keeps releasing packs) is a format that is good at making money, bad at making good games that stay good.

play duel masters, the true man's card game

There's skill behind knowing how to play around RNG.....

Nobody here has ever heard of that and I sadly lost my Gemini.

Are there any games simillar to Shift? One card games I mean. I love such experimental design.

Force of will?

It’s not a game of luck. It’s a game of mitigating luck. If you’re playing in the hopes that the RNG will save you, you’re playing the game wrong.

Is Star Wars Destiny anything like DiceMasters? I see it gaining a lot of traction at my FLGS. Having tried dicemasters I thought it was a little bit lame how you could get dice that didn't match the card in the booster and essentially have a bunch of crap you can't use. I did enjoy the mechanics of DM, but no on\e around here plays...

>and killed pic related
it was a mercy killing

yea almost like the naruto ccg dieing

>Duel Masters
>Managed to die twice outside of Asia because of WotC's incompetence

Obligatory reminder that WotC's acquisition by Hasbro was a mistake

Dragoborne

>card game
>custom dice
Fantasy Flight Games is a cancer that will kill us all.
Then again, so is Star Wars, so it all makes sense.

Magic is still perfectly playable, its Magic players who suck.

Just play ANR aka the thinking man's card game.

>Implying Dragoborne wouldn't eventually die just like Duel Masters and all its clones in the English market

I sometimes wonder if a TCG having a similar mechanic to Duel Masters is doomed to fail

I'm curious as to why you think that way I don't do LCGs or play anything from FFG so I want to know

Star Wars Destiny is actually a CCG. The dice are fine and are easy to get honestly.

The new artwork for Magic is all garbage. It's incredibly unappealing to me, especially all of those high fantasy steampunk designs. But so is Yugioh and Pokemon with their trashy weeb aesthetics, so I guess I'm fucked either way.

Fucking hell. I loved that game son much. I even still have my decks together. The raids were fun as shit.

I bought into it on both shots, even certain that the second one would similarly fail. I just love the mechanics so much.

Not at all. Dice Masters is a dice game, it's all about those dice. Destiny is a card game which uses dice as its core mechanic. I played some Dice Masters and as I recall you don't have a hand, a discard pile, a deck etc... In Destiny your cards function like in any other CCG (MtG/FoW) except rather than functioning to play creatures or directly attack your opponent (although these exist) they're primarily concerned with manipulating a pool of dice. Every die in Destiny has an associated card, and when you activate (tap) that card you roll its die into your pool. The dice have a number of symbols. While your dice are in your pool, both you and your opponent will try to manipulate them to your own advantage, and when you're happy with them, you resolve them, executing their effect against your opponent.

The game is very quick, taking on a fast-paced 'you go, I go' style of play. There are ways around that, of course, but in most games you get to have your turn uninterrupted, and your opponent gets to have their turn uninterrupted.

A typical round of Destiny might look like this:
>Roll in Rey
>Rey gets 1 damage showing on one die, and 1 resources showing on another die
>Opponent rolls in Kylo Ren
>Kylo gets 2 damage showing on one die, and 1 Special showing on his other die
>Rey's player plays Guard, removing her melee damage die to remove her opponent's melee damage die
>Kylo resolves Special, executing his card-specific ability.
>Rey resolves her resource die, gaining one extra Mana (she now has three)
>Kylo claims the Battlefield, ending the turn for himself
>Rey uses her resources to play "Rey's Lightsaber" on herself, executing its character-specific synergy. Rey's Lightsaber has an associated die, so the next time Rey rolls in she'll have an extra die with better damage faces to play with.

And yes, if you open a pack and you see a Millennium Falcon die, you definitely got that card.

You don't really want to learn about new CCG's at all do you? You're just here to moan and kvetch about your dead card game! I'm on to you, boyo.

Why the second try took out the mana symbol and turned the evolution symbol into a 5 pointed star I will never know.

I wanna play it along with FoW, and Dragoborne or Caster Chronicles. Just lots of YGO/MTG/PKM everywhere in this town.

OP here, none of those you cited were me.

But you are right.