Yugioh thread

Yugioh thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/G3AKsPY
youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810
yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/SPYRAL
yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/6742
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the deal with that shitty links monster with cute art?

discord.gg/G3AKsPY

Even shit cards deserve nice art

Yugioh is on topic though.

But what exactly does Pot of Greed do?

Lets you summon two Man-eater Bugs instead of just one.

youtube.com/watch?v=cp4fxe75810

I will never not find this funny

Thanks man, btw have you ever herd of Negate Attack? That's another card I just can't figure out.

Negates the effects of Man-eater Bug.

I know, but look at the thread. You're not gonna get any discussion here.

How would one go about negating Negate Attack?

You dare go against the ruling of the Wizards of the Coast!?

>Yugioh thread
I never thought I'd see one ever again.
Running Monarchs and Cyber Dragons without Link shit.
How about you guys?

Why are Yugioh cardfus so much better than Magic cardfus?

Running a lot of decks because I mainly play online.

you have 30 seconds to explain why you think updated rules, balancing, standardized mechanics, consistent judging, and the addition of game mechanics to balance out both the meta and casual scene were bad changes to the game.

What's everyone's Archetype?

I'm a sucker for the Kaiju cards. Really thematic, diverse appearance, easy to learn rules, and a fair bit of depth to them. Plus, they're good cards without being overly bullshit overpowered.

playing inzektors again thanks to the new link, as well as vampires.

messing with trickstar players is fun.

Are card prices still both cancerous and volatile?

>It's always better to go second 'cause you can't attack on your first turn

The nice thing about volatile prices is they don't stay cancerous for long

Because no amount of checks and balances can ever iron out the cancerous fanbase that takes itself way too seriously.

that doesn't make the attempts bad though.

What is a simple deck to practice Link summons with? I stopped when ARC-V was in Synchro hell so I'm familiar with the other methods.

What does a T1 Deck go for?

Because the meta changes are awful
>it's now mandatory to have half your deck be hand traps

yugiohtopdecks.com/decks/SPYRAL

Lightsworn.
I must gorce dredge.

>I must gorce dredge.
What?

Trap jammer.
Koa'ki Meiru.

Been out of the game for about a year and a half now. How are HEROes doing? They're the only deck I ever truly loved.

tell me about gladiator beasts

>all caps
Get out, newfag. I have an E-Hero deck with none of that bullshit, the only crapitals in it were in HERO Flash.

My friend's most irritating deck. Especially Gyzarus, fuck Gyzarus. Overpowered.

as opposed to 7/8ths of your deck being the exact same staples everyone else runs?

oh wait, people like GOAT.

Volcanics were something that I started with when I got back in and had a ton of fun with later I love those guys.

Aside from them I really enjoy lightsworns and venoms which eventually turned into worms.

Summoning Man-eater Bug.

Face up, and in Attack Mode.

near as I can tell they're mediocre at best, but that honestly applies 99% of the possible deck types in this game, Duel Links is a little better in that regard though(with HERO's being overall a lot more viable, if still not quite optimal)

>someone else here actually plays Venoms

wat.

they got an archetype-locked Honest, and they're pretty good with links.

nothing amazing, but they weren't as neutered as some fun decks.

they killed Fluffals with links and a whole bunch of other fluffy decks that were terribad that could eek out tops at locals. The thing that would have saved Yu-Gi-Oh would be having a standard block with the average power level being something like the Qli/Doll/BA or Mermail Firefist metas.

Infernoids. Been thinking about picking up Invoked - love the aesthetic and have a lot of fun playing it on YGOPro, but not sure if I feel like spending the huge amount of money on 1-2 copies of Invocation.

But Fluffals wasn't affected by links at all. You can still easily OTK without using any links.

DESKBOT
E
S
K
B
O
T
S

Still hovering around "Might as well play Modern or even Legacy" mark. How long do prices stay at that and how long does a deck stay T1 after that?

I want this game without the powercreep

Just want to buy a deck and play it for a long fucking time

No, Veeky Forums sucks and card games belong on Veeky Forums.

Magic is going hard on the "diversity is good"!

Plus nonanime.

depends on how long it takes konami to get the chainsaw out

Because it's balanced as shit.

Constant 0tks and unbeatable boards on turn one.
Plus decks being 40%+ of the meta.

It's shit.

Seriously, what the fuck happened to this game?
I stopped playing around the time Synchros were introduced and only recently came back into contact with it through videogames.
There's like nothing left from the original way you played the game. I was hoping to play some older decks, but against xyz it's pretty much impossible to win (didn't even play against pendulum yet). You can summon big beaters with 2500+ Atk. and/or great effects with only a single monster, with no additional resources required. Like pretty much every turn. Who thought that was a good idea?

Thoughts on Isolde?

LVP1-JP051 聖騎士の追想 イゾルデ Inspiration of the Noble Knights, Isolde
Link 2 LIGHT Warrior Link Effect Monster
ATK 1600
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Warrior Monsters
You can only use this card’s name (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: you can add 1 Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Normal Summon or Special Summon the monster added to the hand by this effect or monsters with the same name, or activate that monster’s effect, during this turn.
(2) You can send any number of Equip Spell Cards with different names from your Deck to your Graveyard; Special Summon a Warrior monster from your Deck whose Level equals the number of cards that were sent to the Graveayrd this way.

Its fucking BROKEN thats whats going on
>stop playing before cyberdragons
>now people can wipe the board and wipe out 3k attack monsters with effects without any effort
>turns also last half an eon
Why???

CHAZZ

IT

It's a viable rouge deck but all it is is a dark law turbo + handtraps.

try Duel Links, it's probably more to your speed, even if it does have some odd quirks of it's own

Pendulums werent relevant when they came out, only 1 deck was T1 and now we have another. They may seem broken at first but they really arent.

I've been playing duel links for like 2 months and dropped it as soon as i realized that they'd just pile set upon set so i cant enjoy a format but have to grind to keep relevant

Fiends. Dark World, usually, but every now and then I'll bust out Archfiends too.

Also, it's been a while since I bought any Yugioh tg. What's up with these hand traps you guys mentioned? Also, why do those link monsters not have a defense number?

Kozmo

Do I need to say more

HAHAHAHAHA

Now that magic lost 40% of it's playerbase does that make yu-gi-oh the biggest TCG on the planet?

Probably

>magic lost 40% of it's playerbase
is that true?

If only this game had formats

There's a huge Goat community

Formats as in more than 1

I want to play with heroes or early cyberdragons too

bump

I suspected that too but frightfur are good at getting into your normal monster zones.

I want to play YuGiOh, but there's no decent online interface and I don't wanna spend big money.

But ygopro exists. If you want manual, DuelingBook exists.

>ygopro
Let me try that. BRB

Dark Scorpions and D.D. Warriors.

>This music is fucking garbage and so god damn annoying
>Turns off enable music and sounds
>Music still plays
>Drags the music and sound bars to 0
>It's still playing
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That shouldn't be happening? What version of ygopro did you get?

The most recent one off Google. Weirdly enough it just fixed itself.

P.S. Is this deck any good for someone with paper thin knowledge of YuGiOh?
yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/6742

Did you get it from Percy's discord?

Nope, it was some off looking website. Is there a YuGiOh discord for idiots like me to try and learn this game? I'm fucking sick of MTG.

You could join the discord that was posted earlier.

Blue-Eyes is pretty easy to pilot.

confirmed for never playing prior to the release of synchros.

Jesus what is going on and why is it taking so long

oh, that's the current best deck, SPYRAL. Their turns take forever.

Oh Jesus, he killed me on that same first turn.

>SPYRAL
>Best
not after the banlist they aren't.

Look at the top 32 of the recent GP.

Try hosting on the USA server

Anecdotal at best.

Also from the lips of MaRo, he never said '40%', anons and YouTube just estimated that number.

MaRo just said that there's 12 or 16 million (Forget, don't care) ACTIVE players.

What are they playing?

Strip Poker with them

Batterymen, since the Lost Millenium, when they only had a few cards to their name.