twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oy vey, i forgot my question

>Question:
Stat me /CofD/ & /wodg/

>mages can make anti-fae weaponry
>this angers the changeling fags

>mention that mages don't exist in my setting due to power imbalances
>mageniggers spreg the fuck out

Cold iron antithetical to Fae and their magic. Nothing says it is antithetical to Supernal magic.

I am magenigger and I am all for it. Mages will rule the world in which they exist, it's inevitable. If you don't want that - scratch the mages, enjoy your other gameline.

Who would win an Autistic Murder Savant? Or passive aggressive amish bloggers with cellphone cameras?

A very high exp, very disturbed Hunter.

Why don't Werewolves use perfected materials?

>mages can make anti-fae weaponry

Mages can pretty much make anti-anything weaponry with a little knowledge and time. There's even a Prime 2 or 3 spell that lets anything count as something's bane.

Nevertheless, these powers must be viewed in context. While mages are scary powerful, their intended adversaries are equally or more powerful. Mages might run roughshod over vampires or werewolves, but they mages start to look far less impressive when fighting symbols of human oppression or sentient evil timelines.

>There's even a Prime 2 or 3 spell that lets anything count as something's bane.

Going to need a citation for that.

>Why don't Werewolves use perfected materials?

Because the shaggy flea bags normally limit their tactics and strategy to little more than bite, bite, claw, bite.

>Ruh Ro

If they ever manage to actually make perfected iron I welcome them to invade the Hedge with us Magefags.

But only this once.

Huh, Changelings use their social stats to determine their dream form.

You've obviously never played Forsaken. Being able to exploit Banes and Bans is vital, and nothing does it better than perfected materials. Heck, Werewolves should have independently discovered it a million times do to the manufacturing process.

Mage, p. 169

Ephemeral Enchantment (Prime •••)
Practice: Weaving
Primary Factor: Duration
Suggested Rote Skills: Crafts, Occult, Weaponry
The symbol-forms of the Aether are real enough to cut
through all layers of reality. This spell enchants the subject to
be as solid to Twilight entities as to physical matter. This spell
is equally effective against all forms of Twilight; the subject
may interact with ghosts, spirits, angels, and stranger things
with equal facility.
+2 Reach: If the enchanted object is a weapon, it may be
enchanted to act as the bane of a specified being in Twilight
for one Mana. Extra subjects may be added with the Scale spell
factor, but each costs one extra point of Mana.

Of course, a mage can also use Creative Thaumaturgy to expand and adapt the spell.

>Twilight

Yeah, fae aren't in Twilight. Wouldn't work on gentry.

Ah, so not anything's bane, just Twilight entities.

Werewolves don't deal with platonic forms and perfected ideals, and generally lack the inherent frame of reference to discover and understand perfected materials.

I agree that some perfected items may be useful to werewolves, although not nearly to the extent you suggest, and I imagine a few woofs here and there have unknowingly picked up "magic" items that were made of perfected materials, it's unlikely perfected items would be part of the culture of uratha.

This is a specific spell. There's nothing preventing a Mage from using Prime to conjure a bane for anything else.

Interesting question.

A mage grants a sword the properties of silver. He doesn't turn it into silver, but grants it all its metaphysical and physical properties. A werewoof uses the sword to slay another werewoof. Has the woof sinned against Harmony?

>Ah, so not anything's bane, just Twilight entities.

That's one Prime 3 spell. What do you think is possible with Creative Thaumaturgy, no less at Prime 4 or above?

Also, regardless of whether something's a bane, don't forget that every mage is capable of inflicting aggravated damage at range (and potentially area of effect) at any Arcanum at 4 dots.

>all the metaphysical and physical properties of silver
>not silver
Choose 1

>He doesn't turn it into silver
>but grants it all its metaphysical and physical properties
And just how this material is different from silver in any way?

There are spells that can temporarily make one thing act in all ways like another thing without changing the actual material form of the thing itself.

That makes no sense, but regardless, if it "acts like silver in all ways" then it should obviously have the same effect on Harmony that silver does.

>That makes no sense

It's how the Practices work. A Mage can make water burn like fire.

You don't need to understand something to discover and use it though. Perfected materials can be created by making the material ephemeral andthan solid again over and over again. Werewolves would have ended up accidently doing this a bunch of times.

But if a mage makes water have "all the properties" of fire then it stops being water. Are you talking about if a Mage made iron have the property "deals damage to werewolves as silver does" but otherwise left it with the normal properties?

Mage metaphysics is inherently Gnostic. That is to say that reality is made up of clusters and patterns of symbols that reflect supernal truth.

So a Cat to a Mage appears as a cluster of concepts (Cat, bone, sinew, pet, cute, fur, mammal, mass, density, thermal energy, etc.). With sufficient skill in an Arcana those values can be edited, deleted, or added to.

Which is why you can turn steel into liquid without heating it or whatever.

This isn't science.

It would have properties of both water *and* fire, yes. It's still water, but burns like fire.

Different guy, but think of it as changing the stats of something in an computer RPG by accessing the game's code. The item still shows up as "steel sword" but you've made it function as "silver sword." It will have the weight, durability, etc, of silver for as long as it the spell lasts, but it's still steel.

That said this is a finickly spell for generating a bane. It would, as you say, be much easier to just grant an object the spiritual properties of silver.

What would happen if I turned the air around a True Fae into perfected iron?

Would it be kill?

But the initial post said
>He doesn't turn it into silver, but grants it all its metaphysical and physical properties.
Having ALL the properties of silver means it would also have none of the properties of iron or steel or whatever (except those properties shared by both). Or can a Mage make it so the sword is both iron and silver (i.e. it has the weight of iron and silver, it reacts chemically as iron and silver would, etc.)

I'm aware, but generally there's some sort of logic to these things.

Anyway, I assume if you gave the sword the concept "works like silver against werewolves" then a werewolf using it would still be acting against Harmony, unless the mage specifically made it "acts like silver against werewolves but also doesn't act against Harmony". I get the impression that Mage isn't really a game about loopholes, but I could be wrong.

Nothing happens, the air doesn't change because if you're fighting an actual True Fae, you're in Arcadia and playing by their rules. You literally can't win if you're fighting one in Arcadia unless you have Fate 7+, or you find a specific condition in their Legend that lets you win (i.e. there's a True Fae who grants wishes, and can only be 'destroyed' - it's not clear what happens here, they might just become mortal or you might replace them - if you wish for their hand in marriage, at which point you have to win it by completing several harrowing tasks).

If you're talking about an Actor, that's different.

Technically there's a loophole built into this interaction - i.e. the metal may act like silver but it is not, in fact, silver.

ALL properties would make it that thing entirely, yes.

This isn't needed though. Why turn water into fire when you can just make it burn instead?

>Having ALL the properties of silver means it would also have none of the properties of iron or steel or whatever

Well, you could give it all the practical properties of silver while keeping its actual composition steel. Like its weight, its conductivity, etc. Tha's probably what was meant.

You can still lure a True Fae out on Ironside and beat it. It just won't put it down permanently.

>You literally can't win if you're fighting one in Arcadia unless you have Fate 7+
Other Imperial Arcana would work as well.

>Fate 7+,

Why seven? Dynamics(six) would be enough to create a Wyrd-eating plague and decimate countless True Fae.

Could you make a contract with true fae so they can't kidnap people anymore?

>all these low-Wisdom motherfuckers with their air to perfect metals and rampant property switching

Just find the True Fae's legendary stipulations for defeat and fulfill them. That's the classy and permanent way to do it. Y'all niggas will never walk your Golden Road if you act like a blunt instrument.

What do I have to sacrifice to get Mr. Gone to make a 20th Anniversary Chimera sheet so I don't have to look at the unsightly dodge stat I'm never gonna use.

Hunter.

Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 3, Presence 3, Manipulation 2, Composure 5, Intelligence 3, Wits 4, Resolve 5.

Area of Expertise (Criminology), Danger Sense, Indomitable, Patient, Professional Training (Soldiery) 5, Hardy 2, Quick Draw, Relentless, Allies 3, Alternate Identity 3, Anonymity 2, Closed Book 2, Fame 2, Iron Will, Resources 3, Safe Place 3, Armed Defense 3, Cheap Shot, Choke Hold, Close Quarters Combat 5, Defensive Combat (Brawl), Firefight 3, Grappling 3, Improvised Weaponry 2, Light Weapons 5, Marksmanship 4, Martial Arts 3, Police Tactics 3, Shiv 2, Street Fighting 5, Unarmed Defense 5.

Integrity 4.

You can't have Fame 2 AND Anonymity 2, user.

Mages are too powerful

Sure you can. It means you're famous but off the grid.

>Anonymity
>Prerequisite: Cannot have Fame
>Drawback: Can't purchase the Fame Merit

Yeah, that's silly though. The actual mechanics of Anonymity just make your paper trail harder to track. There are plenty of famous people who are very hard to track that way.

Can I use this thread for custom splats?

If you have Alternate Identity at 3, which can stand up to federal scrutiny, Anonymity is kind of pointless anyway. And also nonsensical.

Go ahead, it's new content, better than the same old shit flinging.

Yes, don't be dismayed by the fags.

No. Fansplats are sick ass.

Fuck off, rodent.

Yeah sure.

Do you idiots ever get tired of mage supremacy?

Yeah, it's obviously true that mages are the highest-power splat but that's a juvenile reason to jerk them off

Not when Changeling retards intentionally stir things up, no.

>valid complaints about why mage shouldn't muddle with other splats
>stirring up shit

Fuck off. Please. You're the reason why WoD is so fucking terrible. Isn't it amazing how the power level of jizzwizards is due to a fucking typo? yeah me too

>Isn't it amazing how the power level of jizzwizards is due to a fucking typo?
That's really only applicable to Archmasters.

Whatever fag

What mage supremacy? Mages only actually get to untouchable tier at the cost of never really being able to interact meaningfully with most of the setting until their final endgame, which is fucking off forever.

so I know that CofD isn't the kind of setting to have AI messing with shit, but theoretically which of the factions would be most likely to have an AI that starts running amuck

It's fine, mages are the least sexy so they get to be the most powerful.

Mage

Mind 5 is just that

>mages are the least sexy

They're arguably the most attractive if they work for it.

didn't mean splat, meant things like the Cheiron group

Free Council then

Yet, there will never be as many filthy novels with shirtless mages on the cover as there are with werewolves, vampires and changelings.

Aren't Demons just robots made by a AI god?

>implying that's a bad thing

Isn't it?

I actually really like the World of Darkness

Then what are you doing in this terrible place?

My faith in VtM is strong, no amount of Magefags can cause it to waver

None of them really fit. I guess guys like Cheiron are the most likely simply because they're more probable to have the resources required.

However, the Unfleshed are actual AI.

As long as you acknowledge wizards as the strongest in the boxing ring they won't bother you.

Hunted > Vigil > Reckoning

You fucking idiot.

youtu.be/MzlK0OGpIRs

>piracy

>too cheap to spend 20 bucks on Steam

More like
>to intelegent to google what torrents are

what the hell are the Unfleshed?

Can vampires form friendships with each other or are they all backstabbing gossip girls?

its definetly possible to maintain strong friendships if you have high humanity/path/road ratings

God Machine 100%.

A type of Promethean.

Being a Vampire sucks. Can't trust anybody.

Werewolves and Mages have it easier, what with Packs and Cabals sharing closely related ideals and trust.

Of course. It's just all the drama that comes with being an unaging barely contained bloodsucking monster under the thumbs of even worse bloodsucking monsters makes forming and maintaining lasting friendships difficult.

Gossip girls, 100%

So would it be easier for a vampire to befriend mortals and other creatures then? Are werewolves and vampires spiteful of each other like stereotypical fiction?

Assuming were talking Masquerade...
Werewolves absolutely despise Vampires. At best, they might use them momentarily, but they would never ever form a friendship
Befriending Mortals is sure to cause troubles when you start getting hungry
The closest thing most vampires get to friendships are coteries, especially the Sabbat kind
Some older vampires are friends with Mages

I don't remember seeing something about it in VtR/nWoD,

but in VtM vampires carried the taint of the Wyrm thus pretty much marked for death in the eyes of the Garou, and for the Vampires the werewolves were just kindred killing machines.

Some Orders don't like their fellow Awakened to befriend vampires.

Only the Mysterium.

Yeah the Free Council just has turned the idea of vampires into one of institutional disbelief

An ogre player can turn into a size 15 flying --but not fire breathing-- dragon for a scene at the cost of 2 glamor.

How would you stat a bloody dragon?

carefully, of course

Mages can do this too, and they don't stat such a beast either. Just wing it.