EDH/Commander General

Control edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Ever run permission-style control in a multiplayer EDH setting? How'd it turn out?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/834928
edhrec.com/commanders/gu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-have-nothing-left-to-give/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lightning-strikes-again-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Bruna

Reliquary Tower/Library of Leng

Would Yavimaya Hollow be good for Ruric Thar since once he's out people will be trying to kill him?

>Thread question

I run permission to protect my combos or to stop game-winning spells. 1-for-1 permission is a losing fight in multiplayer otherwise.

Permission based control is just worse than prison/board control in multiplayer. I run 8-13 counterspells in my control deck but they exist to stop game winning bombs or as protection. Wraths, especially Merciless Eviction style ones, are the way to go.

>Ever run permission-style control in a multiplayer EDH setting?
Yes, I ran Dralnu for a while. Doomsday wincon.
>How'd it turn out?
Not well. I tried being judicious with counters and removal but just got dogpiled

How does it feel playing Ruric? Do people dislike playing vs him? Does he bring a lot of hate?

>thread question
If I even see a deck with blue in it that seems like stax or control I wont play against it

>Hating on Ruric
Haha I'm hiding behind 7 Possibility Storms take 12 fuckboy

As the blue mage at my table, yes. But he's a 1 man army and ruins a combo/control decks day.

>aggrobabby

Here's your >you now go back to your Ur Dragon all 6 drop deck.

>Ever run permission-style control in a multiplayer EDH setting?
Sure. My favorite deck is more or less a "Draw-Go" deck with Kruphix at the helm.
>How'd it turn out?
Pretty well for me. I love getting to slam big dumb fatties like Vorinclex and Hydra Broodmaster while denying my opponents any impactful plays - and that's the key to permission-based control, I think: in multiplayer you're never possibly going to be able to counter everything so being able to assess what's actually worth countering is super important.
My playgroup isn't a big fan though.

What's your favorite control wincon?

Bonus points if it's not an infinite combo.[\spoiler]

Bonus points if it's concession.[\spoiler]

>t. blue players

I run azami with tons of counterspells and it's the most powerful deck I've made by far, despite not being an optimized build

Obviously azami is a broken card so you have to take things in context, but counterspells have been very good for me

The key is to mostly use them to protect your investments, like a board of wizards or some mana rocks/doublers, or both

But you also want to not be afraid to use them to gain tempo when you don't have another relevant play that turn. Being mana efficient is important, leaving up counterspells and not having another instant speed play could leave you behind in mana spent

100 100/100 Hydras.

He's the most anti-blue Commander ever made

do i have to go either all out aura or equipment if i want to play volron?

Yes
Creature tutors (SFM) are good though, especially if they have edicts against you.

That doesn't sound like Jaya

I have 13/14 equipment in my voltron deck. Finding the right piece and ensuring you have a body to wear it is more important desu

Post your favorite promos.

What staple cards can easily fit into any deck?

such as?

Planeswalkers + MLD

It's so pretty, and it always gets me compliments

Sol Ring
Ugin

Mana Crypt.

Is Nahiri deck any good?

Not really no, if she was 4 mana it would be different

Literally any X spell
>millsunszenith
>cometstorm
>mana geyser+many casts of fanning the flames

Do you mean only equip/aura and no creatures?
I have something like 10 creatures in mine, all caring about aura/equipment, so if the guy plays a sheoldred or something that forces me to sac a creature I'm not locked out of the game.

What decks that aren't W/G enchantress does this bad boy slot into?

>hes too stupid to play reb or pyroblast

kind of all 3

im switching from nazahn to sigarda and want to switch out of equipment into aura but i dont have all the super strong auras yet

also would assault suit be meme tier on her?

Is Teysa, Orzhov Scion a good commander? I'm aiming for a stax-y attrition build with token backup.

Blaxos, run an anthem or two if you're afraid to lose your spirits
Or be a man and run Demonic Pact

>Tracer
>meme slut
Hirame pls

I don't speak moon runes senpai.

Cutting this card for the strictly better Nissa’s Pilgrimage in my monogreen deck was painful.

Nothing, it nonbos with blaxos by killing his tokens and thats the only non gw enchantress deck it would make sense in.

>guy plays sundering titan
>mention that it's banned in edh
>guy says "whatever"
>kick rite of replication on sundering titan blow up half his lands
>someone else board wipes
>destroy the rest of his lands

is that karma

I’ve seen people use it and a discard outlet to cheese in Omniscience in WU decks. M

Yes.

She says she is a meme slut.

There are plenty of B/W enchantments worth recurring over having your spirit tokens staying in play. Recur/cast an anthem enchantment or play eldrazi monument first if tokens the wincon you're foing for. They still enter the battlefield, which is all that matters for the best nonland card in every Blaxos deck: Skybind.

Beautiful

HIS
POWER
IS
MAXIMUM

Mogis decks. Post em

This just makes me wish this guy were real more.

I wanted to believe too, user.

GAAIV stax. Run anthem effects.

anyone have that broly pic?

Also True Conviction, Noble Purpose and Boon Reflection. I like having green handy too though because Starfield + Sterling Grove allows you to tutor missing pieces 1 at a time.

She's good desu. Built a budget list with her, grind out value with Eldrazi Temple and token producers.
Win with Darkest Hour.

And by Temple I of course mean Eldrazi Monument.

Got the list on ya?

was looking for the full image, but thanks

mtggoldfish.com/deck/834928
This was challenging myself to keep going lower. After this you start missing out on key pieces like Monument. Should be easy to upgrade, Swords and good reanimation and shit.

Is Thrasios top tier on his own or does he require the W/B lady to be good? I just want a good U/G commander.

>this entire post

Nah you need Tymna.

But don't play UG.

Here's a guide on good Simic commanders.
edhrec.com/commanders/gu

Build Sultai.

>when you just notice the jaw isn't his nose

Oy Vey!

His nickname is Jin the Chin for a reason user.

Why would you think the jaw is his nose, there are other cards that have him at different angles.

Dafuq?

Sauce?

Silly goy

>when you're literally blind

No, I get it's in Terrorist, but I don't recognize the card.

>dafuq
Please go back to reddshit.

I've noticed that my deck descriptions in tappedout aren't changing after I modify and save. Decklist updates fine but my outdated description seems locked in place. Anyone else experiencing this?

Its not in terrorist, its in jewman's runes you dumb fuck.

This guy

One of the better Incarnations

But that is terrorist

>not in terrorist
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀██▀▄▄▒
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀▀░░░▒▒▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▐░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░▌▌▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░▄▄▄░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▄▄▄▄░▄░░▌
░░░░▄▀░▄░▐▐▒▒▒▒▒░░░▀░░░░▀░▄▀▐
░░░█░▌░░▌░▐▐▀▄▒▒░░░▒▌██▐░░▌▄▐
░░▐░▐░░░▐░▌▐▐░▒░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░▀▌
░░▌░▌░░░░▌▐▄▀░▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▀▄░░▐
░▐▐░▌░░░░▐▐░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▄▄▄░░░▌
░▌░░▌▌░░░░▌░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀
░▐░░▌▌░░░░▐░░▌▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▄▄▄▀
░▌▌░▌▌░░░░░▌░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▀▀▀▄
▐░░░▐▐░░░░░▐▐░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀░▄▀█
▌▌░░░▌▌░░░░░█▐░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▀░▄▐▄▄
▌░░░░▐▐░░░░░░▀░▐▒▒▒▒▒▄▀░░░▀▀▄▀▌
░░░░░░▌░░░░░▄▀█▄█▄▀▀░▀▄░░░░▀░▀▐
░░░░░░▐░░░░░░░▌░░░░░░▐▐░▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
░░░░░░░█░░░░░▐░░░▌░░░█▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
░░░░░░░░▀▄░░▄▄▄▀▐▄▄▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀

For a short time, prerelease promos Foil Abnormal Language (as in a foreign language they don't normally print cards in. Or didn't). That's Glory in Hebrew. The others are
Invasion - Raging Kavu in Latin
Planeshift - Questing Phelddagrif in Classical Greek
Apocaypse - Fungal Shambler in Sanskrit
Odyssey - Stone-Tongue Basilisk in Arabic
Torment - Laquatus's Champion in Russian

Aw man that's cool as fuck

check the unhinged thread

It just feels good to slam down on the table.

Bosh burns and beats in my Feldon deck.

>end game
>value towned all the way
>survived
>finish it with fatties and burn

Mono red control is hipster as fuck and I love it. Of course, sticking It That Betrays attacking t3 is also a thing. Once took a guys crystal ball on t4 and kept it the whole game.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-have-nothing-left-to-give/

Feldon is my baby.

>tfw like the "standard" prints of WoG and Damnation more than their full art promos
Feels weird man

is vampire tribal decent enough with ixalan or is edgar still better off being aristocrats + the cheap vampires and a couple of the good expensive ones

Damn /b/ro you really told him XD

just
play whatever cards you like man

Sure, the nu-border is ugly as fuck. oldWrath is timeless.

Judge me
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lightning-strikes-again-1/

>Jews
>Not terrorist

Found the globalist.

Yeah, the art is better and more iconic in the standard prints. Centered text "Destroy all creatures" is pretty spiffy too. Still, there's something to be said for a full-art foil Wrath. Everyone knows what it says, and it's fun to reveal with a flourish.

That is goddamn neat.