My ""hard"" sf game is set in a world where the electric universe theory is mainstream

>my ""hard"" sf game is set in a world where the electric universe theory is mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fOByLWspJ4w
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Time_Cube
web.archive.org/web/20150818094035/http://www.timecube.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's more common than you think.

>stealth in space exists in my “””hard””” sci-fi setting

Real life is a hard sf setting and some pretty retarded theories are mainstream.

youtube.com/watch?v=fOByLWspJ4w

>your syfy will never be this powerful

I can't lose.

Someone mentioned that having so many sensors around would take a lot of computation abilities AND be extremely expensive.

So Stealth would be more about reducing your signature and sneaking in during blind spot times, like the way the Bugs in Starship Troopers were able to destroy Buenos Aires despite our Moon being turned into the Death Star

Wasn't it heavily implied--in the movie at least--Buenos Aires was a natural disaster which the government simply blamed on the bugs to drum up the warhawks?

It's a fan theory at least, mostly because of how a bunch of somewhat-dumb bugs, whose method of reproduction is just shooting spores into space and hoping it gets somewhere, somehow manage to accurately hit a city on Earth when their homeworld is on the other side of the galaxy.

Yo... How would you turn Time Cube into a hard-scifi setting?

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Time_Cube
web.archive.org/web/20150818094035/http://www.timecube.com/ (main website is down)

>rational wiki
Stop

It's a neat theory, and it makes sense given the Federation's aggressive jingoism. It just seems like the kind of thing Verhouven would put in one of his movies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube

Here's you're (you). Does this please your autism?

It's definitely a step up.

that mouth makes my sci-fi hard
Sadly no just a fan theory. The director himself confirmed it was the bugs. Which is dumb but w/e.

Mind you that doesn't mean the government didn't know it was going to happen, and that they didn't LET it happen.

Good old time cube. Makes me sad the page can only be gotten with wayback now.

Even if it was the Bugs, we are shown the Moon base meant specifically to destroy incoming objects.

Combine it with the throwaway comment in the recent animated movie and the way the Federation acts in the other sequels...

Utter nonsense.

Think about it, we can barely safeguard our planet with our current telescopes and satellites

Your lying dice cannot handle the power of 5-dimensional polyhedral WorldCube science

That's because there's no need to safeguard the planet. Large asteroid strikes are already exceedingly unlikely, and any that would cause and extinction event are large enough to be easily noticed with current capabilities. What telescopes capable of asteroid detection are actually used for is basic science, like studying the chemical and physical charasteristics of asteroids, and nobody cares about funding science. Different priorities.

There are large countries like the US and China that monitor all communications by their citizens just because they want to. (Well, the NSA programs did drop from billions of records a day to 150M per year after Snowden happened, according to official figures, if you're inclined to believe them).
Facebook has profiles and shadow profiles of a quarter to a third of the entire world's population, and their image detection algorithms can correctly identify even those who don't use the site by their body proportions and pictures of the backs of their heads. Computing power is not the limiting factor, money is.

It's always really obvious when the OP made a thread because they learned some term or theory that day and want to show off that they know things other people dont. Google exists, it's not impressive.

>The director himself confirmed it was the bugs. Which is dumb but w/e
>War is only pointless if one side is entirely the aggressor
Christ, it's already enough of a complete rewrite of the original book, do you need it to rape every single aspect of the story?

The entire point of the film was satirizing the themes the book expressed. Suggesting the dumb, violent, jingoistic government did something dumb, violent, and jingoistic to justify a pointless war is completely the point of the movie.