Flames of War General: "A diffirent kind of airborne" edition

Flames of War SCANS database:
mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current Veeky Forums fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

400gb.com/u/1883935 odd resources

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
panzerfunk.podbean.com/

vimeo.com/128373915

flamesofwar.com/Portals/0/Documents/Briefings/CariusNarva.pdf
flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
discord.gg/drZbxvm

docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
strawpoll.me/12127794/r

Soviet Brainstorming Batalon Discord
discord.gg/BfbxDSp

Other urls found in this thread:

btassault.wpengine.com/bf-qa-team-yankee/
youtu.be/1mG3BvkT6YQ
panzerfunk.podbean.com/e/panzerfunk-episode-22-the-mail-call-extravaganza/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>worst girl in worst tank
We've got some shit taste here boys.

JUST GOT KICKED OUT OF A STORE FOR RUNNING A T-55 LIST

THE OWNER LITERALLY TROD ON ONE TO PRIVE THEY WERE WERE “PSC KEKMASTER TRASH”

EVERYONE FUCKIN LAUGHED AT ME

IM GOIN BACK TO AGE OF SIGMARRR

So seeing how I'm new to TY but just now learning how fucking shit the devs are in regards to history how do you guys deal with it. Honestly it puts me off from the game a tad.

Well, that's what comes of shopping at home depot

t. economist

Good bye

Cool story bro.

You meme but playing against East German MSU T-55/T-72M is one of the experiences that have ruined TY for me. It was during the operation firestorm campaign (so victory points don’t matter lol). You think people would realize that maybe getting a 50-66% discount on tanks and being able to throw those points directly into BMPs or overwhelming air support isn’t fun for the other player. Then again the guy had to play against milan spam his first other games so, I can’t blame him to much.

Anyone want to buy a West German armored recon company?

I deal with it the way I deal with any game.

I go in to play because it's a game, for fun, not just historical accuracy. TY is based on common misconceptions and popular images, yes (and it pisses a lot of us off), but it is a quick-play blow-everything-up game that choose the stay well on the arcade-y side of the arcade-simulator scale. People play it because it uses a (simplified) popular system from a relatively big company and people in the FLGS are already playing it or looking at it as a new game to play, not because it is accurate.

Also TY cannot be historically accurate, it takes place in an Alternate History (something they do not say often enough, although WWIII is sort of a big flag).

If historical inaccuracy puts you off the game, that is fine, there is probably a game that better suits your taste out there (take a look at /hwg/ for various rulesets, TY is hardly the first or last cold war/modern era game to do company-battalion fights).

Now, if you asked how I deal with the lack of options and releases for Soviets and their allies compared to NATO, then I would say hard liquor.

Armored Cavalry HQ / 1 point, 1x M113
IPM1 platoon / 24 points, 3x IPM1s
1st Scout platoon / 2 points, 1x M113 and 1x M901
2nd Scout platoon / 2 points, 1x M113 and 1x M901
3rd Scout platoon / 2 points, 1x M113 and 1x M901
4th Scout platoon / 2 points, 1x M113 and 1x M901
M109 platoon / 8 points, 3x M109s with minelet

Mech HQ / 1 point, a M113 and a M16 team
1st Mech platoon / 6 points, 4x M113s, 4x M249 teams and 3 dragon teams
2nd Mech platoon / 6 points, 4x M113s, 4x M249 teams and 3 dragon teams
M60 platoon / 16 points, 4x M60s

VADS platoon / 6 points, 4x VADS
HMMWV stinger platoon / 4 points, 4x stingers
A-10 flight / 20 points, 4x A-10s

a total 100 points list, what do you think about this?

Right... That totally is something that actually happened...

Honestly, they get enough right that the things they get wrong aren’t really an issue for me.

I know that might be different for other players, but I honestly think that most of what they put out is rather good.

The only example of blatant historical bullshit for me is them arbitrarily just deciding that the US miraculously somehow got the Sgt York to actually work.

New hauls. Am I wasting my time and money playing the japanese?

It's never a waste if you're enjoying it user.

Do other people in your area play the Pacific theatre?

btassault.wpengine.com/bf-qa-team-yankee/

Get used to V4, TY's rules are getting changed to match soon.

What about grenadier division of waffen SS? i didnt find any briefings.

The rules are already 90 to 95% similar. It wouldn’t be that big of a change.

>Q – With the cheapness and effectiveness of AT missiles will we see any balancing to encourage the use of MBTs rather than infantry forces?
>A – Every model (including Infantry AT) should have an effective role to play in the game otherwise there is no point including it. Lets see what the new options in Stripes do to change the game.
What a massive non-answer. Don't want to admit you fucked the game up, huh?

Stripes not steamed yet?

It both is and isn’t an answer.

He clearly says that the intent is that all units should be viable choices and have roles to play.

Which is exactly what should be the case. Even though it kinda isn’t the case at the moment.

Where it turns into a non-answer is where he comments on waiting and seeing what Stripes does to effect the balance.

While I do think it’ll add some positive changes to the game, I don’t think that eliminating missile spam will be one of those changes.

Morale in V4 is terrible and the artillery rules are really going to fuck the more economical soviet arty over. Also zero reason for copperheads so those are wasted points.

>He clearly says that the intent is that all units should be viable choices and have roles to play.
He says "Even infantry AT", implying he thinks the issue is ATGMs aren't good enough.

>Q – British Infantry Milan spam is sort of a problem right now, what is being done to bring MBTs back on the board?
>A – Every unit is supposed to be useful, otherwise we can't sell them. Lets see what Stripes does to balance those Brits.

>Q – What books can we expect next year?
>A – A book covering more Western forces.

Welp, it is clear BF thinks the 'Asiatic Hordes' are doing very well in game and sales.
Opinions?

You’re projecting.

“Every unit (including X) has a role to play” means exactly what it says.

Nowhere does that say “You think X is far too good, but X isn’t anywhere as good as we’d like it to be.”

That’s all you.

But ATGM spam is quite realistic scenario.. Whole 1973 war was ATGM spam vs proto-MBT affair, for example

>Entire 1973 AIW was ATGM spam vs tanks

>The 3430 Arab tanks were not important.
>The combined 892 combat aircraft were not a factor.
>The total of 2665 artillery pieces had nothing to do.
>Arab ATGM and Isreali Tank was whole war.

It’s funny they say “all units should have a place” that when MBTs are overcosted and ultimately have no place in a game dominated by spam and ATGMs.

Morale rule is same for both TY and V4.
And no economical Soviet arty in TY, there are only cheap as fuck Britbong mortar and MMG bombardment.

Still waiting on PSC plastic Valentines so I can do LL spam at a snails pace

Soon...David Pentland has recently completed the box art, so hopefully they're not too far off.

In V4, you keep checking every turn you are in bad spirits, but in TY you only check in turns after an opponents turn in which you had a team killed or bailed AND the unit is in bad spirits. Big difference for 2-strong units.

Morale is totally different. TY, you test end of phase you went down under threshold. You can make two checks, shooting and assault phase, and things that're dead before assault don't get to shoot you. V4, you test during your starting upkeep if you're below threshold, every turn. World of difference. And the economic artillery is the hail. It's the best they have and it suffers from the new range-in penalty (which incidentally makes no sense).

Does someone have a new(v4) German command cards on Afrika in pdf?

/NVA/
youtu.be/1mG3BvkT6YQ

Oh god damn it

>Oh god damn it

Inb4 resin.

Just buy the Zvezda Maus. It’s kinda light but if you stuff it with random sprue bits it will be okay. $4 well spent.

>Maus
>not the T-44 which entered service in 1944 but wasn't sent to the front due to logistical concerns
>choosing the casual baby what-if tank
That said, I'm staggered it took them this long, dingdongs were mentioning it at the Team Yankee launch event to players.

I’m kinda planning on buying 1 or 2 of those myself.

Sure it is the absolute beginner tier of paper panzers, but they’re a fun “what if?”, and by even having 2, you’ve got all of them that were ever actually produced.

The real question is: V3 points and stats, V3 points but V4 stats, or V4 points and stats?

There's no way they're dumb enough to do V4 points and V3 stats.

The ugly duckling finally became a sitting duck, to be hunted by hinds.

Nicely done!

If you weren't looking for it, there would be almost no way to tell.

What the fuck is going on with late war, have they not changed any of the points costs for V4? What the fuck's the point (no pun intended), this half arsed shit will probably do more damage than it fixes.

Anyone know some good places to find some 1980's Era European camo for marine vehicles and armor? What with stripes coming out I'm highly interested in doing a marine force as my first army.

is it just me but do all the plastic tanks look really fucking flat and uninspired? Especially the TY stuff. I very much prefer resin tanks personally.

I've had thoughts about this but it's because Resin tanks can have individual details that vary between tanks in the same box. Like the three King Tiger box with the separate levels of battle damage to their zimmerit. Plastics can't have the same level of variance.

plastics are just too perfect I suppose. I also love how sturdy metal/resin tanks feel. Luckily I play japan, doubt they're getting plastics any time soon.

Yeah it's just you, resin is a pain in the arse to prepare.

I much prefer plastic. Much easier to work with.

And you can decide for yourself how much or how little stowage you want to model on your tanks.

It's the lack of modeled-on little touches like loose stowage, cloth, damage, etc. I can tell each of my resin T-34s apart from a distance because all 5 are unique.

It’s Tanksgiving, you turkeys. Let us give Tanks!

Here's a Thanksgiving gift for everyone...

The newest episode of Panzerfunk is finally ready!

panzerfunk.podbean.com/e/panzerfunk-episode-22-the-mail-call-extravaganza/

Panzerfunk Episode 22: The Mail Call Extravaganza

In this Episode the Funkmeisters answer a TON of questions from YOU, our listening audience.

- Intro and Recent Hobby Activities (00:00 - 34:19)
- "How do you think Battlefront is doing as a company? What areas would you like to see them improve on?" (34:19 - 1:01:13)
- "Do you think Battlefront will still exist in 5 years?" (1:01:13 - 1:07:06)
- "Do you think that stat changes for some units are forshadowing the direction of the game?" (1:07:06 - 1:16:40)
- "Have you guys considered Attacker vs Defender, or Mission Selection, in regards to the power level of the British in Team Yankee?" (1:16:40 - 1:25:03)
- "What do you guys think of Multiple Small Units, or Minimum Strength Units, of T-55s in Team Yankee?" (1:25:03 - 1:36:01)
- "What do we know about Armies of Late War and how it differs from the Late War Conversion Books?" (1:36:09 - 1:50:22)
- "What are your thoughts on the Flames of War community vs the communities for other games?" (1:50:22 - 1:59:45)
- "What are your favorite miniatures that you have built from Battlefront, The Plastic Soldier Company, and Zvezda?" (1:59:45 - 2:26:11)
- "What unit are you most excited for from Stripes? Please don't say the Sgt York..." (2:26:11 - 2:38:32)
- "Have you played with, or against, any of the new Soviet units from Red Thunder? What did you think of them?" (2:38:32 - 2:46:55)
- "Which kind of Mid-War US Tank Formation would you play? Lee, Sherman, or Stuart?" (2:46:55 - 2:54:58)
- Bonus Question - "What does everybody think about the Sgt York?" (2:54:58 - 3:07:55)

Enjoy!

And Happy Thanksgiving!

:D

>that gif
i like you, reminds me, this is Thanksgiving and i still have alcohol...

too bad my Maus will be either Zvezda or Forged in Battle

they do have a T-44 mold, why not both? go invade the company forum and bitch there.

also, Happy Thanksgiving!

Awesome. I look forward to listening to this.

read the Q&A the Breakthrough Assault chaps ran on Team Yankee

i say based on this,
>Evan has taste.
>Wayne is an interesting fellow,
>Phil, why?

I like you too.

>They do have a T-44 mold, why not both?
I'd be interested in a T-44, but looking at their online store I can find the T-43 (under Midwar monsters) but not the T-44, is it not available online?

>Evan has taste.
Agreed, not enough love to wargaming the Iran-Iraq war.

So /fowtg/, what is something you'd like to see?

>cuban fights in africa

>Iran-Iraq war.
How will Phil cheers that one with USSR/USA backing switching mechanics

You cannot imagine how he will cheers it.
>Inb4 Elite Iranian Revolutionary Guard Child Soldiers

wishlisting in flames of war thread???

gentlemen, start your engines!
>T-80's and Bradleys
>Hungarians show up in V4 Mid War ASAP
>Tanks is a deeper tactical game instead of X-wing
>Pz1 E in an actual list for LW
>The Nam NVA Sappers (Dac Ho, is it?) get their own models w Mao Hats and a few bare chests
>After Commonwealth we get a surprise: Czechs next for TY, with a full book.
>The Berlin compilation took so long because it's actually a new book for V4 w' V4 points, no bullshit.
>Fate of a Nation has separate North and South Command Tank and Infantry Lists for more historical acc'
>IDF female infantry figs
>Phil demoted to playtester.

are those...fake guns?

>T-80's and Bradleys
Duh

>After Commonwealth we get a surprise: Czechs next for TY, with a full book.
That would require effort on their part (read unlikely), although I wish for it too. OT-64, DANA, proper ATGM-firing T-55AM2Bs (from the original makers of it), and more...

>Phil demoted to playtester.
sadly but a dream

>are those...fake guns?
pretty sure they are fake, they are too small to be real AKs, probably some cheap plastic toy.
Class 'em as elite training tools.

>wishlisting in flames of war thread???

Here's some hot opinions:
>V4 killed, a V5 comes out that's mostly V3 with the good ideas from V4 added in.
>BF gets their act together so it doesn't take 8 books to play EW/LW.
>100pt scale is taken out back and shot, 300pt scale is introduced instead.
>V4 stats are revised to be more focused on history than "we feel like this unit should suck because we want to point it lower".
>Berlin book is fully V3 compatible so those not playing V4 can still use it.
>TY stops sucking off NATO and gives Warpac accurate stats.
>Plastic armored cars.
>more BF hard plastic infantry, soft plastic completely fixed or ended.
>BF listens to playtester feedback.
>Planes stop being retarded.
>PSC gives us plastic Valentine/Archer

I expect I will get 1 of 11.

Hue

>wishlist

I just want Eastern Front in MW and for the ‘Nam remake to not be complete cheers.

Wayne and Phil are live streaming a game of Late War on the BF Facebook page.

>link
Veeky Forums things I am spam

>cheers

If that's true, you should burn down their shop. They forgot the F in FLGS.

So uhh... hows the ww1 version of flames of war?

Dead

Ayep. So that'll make 4 different companies that produce the Maus in 15mm scale. If anyone is interested in fielding it, I suggest Zvezda's. It costs the least and has good detail, and isn't resin. Also the plastic can be carved up, so you can make exploded maus just like real life

Dunno what that user is talking about. Forged in Battle has T-44 in 85 and 100mm flavors.

I would just like to know though, why it is that TY is based on a book with the same name, which features Bradleys, instead has Sgt Yorks and still no Bradleys after the second wave of releases.

Seeing as infantry vs. infantry in V4 tends to turn into WW1 artillery duels, I think it’s work great for the Great War

Because I think you need to realize the devs for TY have no real care for the book nor the actual history of the period and instead base their decisions on fucking memes.

Plainly so, but even then, it's the fucking Bradley. Sheep fuckers, the lot of them.

>Forged in Battle has T-44 in 85 and 100mm flavors.
Just looked at those, adorable chibi tanks.

>Why Sgt York but no Bradley after the second wave of releases?
b/c they want to leave something to sell for a third (and fourth, and etc) wave of releases, while handwaving the real world issues of the US military which players might complain about in-game (ie lack of ground AA) because NATO ist Übermensch.

I think we need to also acknowledge the fact that I'm pretty sure phil is a fucking troll and genuinely doesn't care.

NATO isn't perfect? LIES!

>hows the ww1 version of flames of war?
>Dead

Well, he’s not wrong...

Great War was a bit of a prestige project for them. The did it as a side game for the 100 year anniversary of the start of the war.

But it never really took off.

Neither did Vietnam or Arab-Israeli.

Other than the original Flames of War, Team Yankee is the only other game they produced that grew into a widely played game.

I'm having a 2000 point game tomorrow...

First game in two years I've had of Great War :(

Shame, I personally love it but there's just such limited interest

>War dog gun crews available in new LW Germany supplement list "Achtung Schweinhund!"

We hope this accurately reflects the German use of animals in the army. Cheers.

So, any idea when to expect armies of late war digital on mediafire?

I don’t know. There’s little demand for many of us to even buy the book.

I'm just curious to look at what they've done there.

As far as I know it hasn’t even been released yet.

The same with Stripes.

Let the books actually come out first, and then we’ll see about getting scans of them.

They released it on fow digital today

Ah. Okay. I was not aware.

I’ve been a bit preoccupied with dealing with family in town for Thanksgiving.

But like I said, it usually takes us a little while after a release to get it into our scans database.

I doubt it, everyone will like you if you play rare armies.

How good are the Nam ZSU57-2 resins? Tempting to buy some and pant them as (real) NVA.

they are good enough.
see the original T-55 resins for similar build type

Love the camouflage.

Did you paint those?

Seconding this.

Rare armies are cool.

Found these on Facebook. Berlin brigade tanks that somebody actually took the time and effort to paint identically.

You have no idea how much this pleases me.

Plenty have people have done Berlin Brigade inspired camo, with every tank painted differently, but this is the first time I’ve seen it done 100% identical, like it was meant to be.

This satisfies my grognardy autism.

Not going to lie, I LOLed.

Anyone know of some good TY black friday deals.

They've said it'll get the TY treatment. So it might make a comeback.

As it stands it's unplayable unless you still have a V3 rulebook.

>Black Friday deals
>posted at 2am on Saturday

I think you’re a bit late for that my friend...

That being said, I think Wayland Games in the UK has 30% (?) off of all Battlefront stuff right now.

The War Store in the US has 5% off all orders if you use a specific code, and free shipping on Battlefront orders over $100 if you use another code.

And PSC has 25% off most of their kits.