This is a game about larger-than-life, impossibly competent superheroes in a high-magic, high-powered...

>This is a game about larger-than-life, impossibly competent superheroes in a high-magic, high-powered, high-fantasy setting.

>The protagonists are impossibly competent both in and out of combat, highly skilled at fighting in some way, and gifted with a cornucopia of preternatural superpowers. They adventure in a reality wherein magic and other mystical phenomena are ubiquitous, the many planes of existence and their myriad inhabitants frequent impact the lives of the masses, and gods and similar cosmic lords are known entities and major power players.

>There are always beings of far greater might, magic, wit, and influence than the heroes; yet fate conspires to ensure that said heroes are those who regularly dictate the fate of entire regions, nations, continents, worlds, and planes. More often than not, the protagonists must do battle to resolve a climactic conflict and save or damn countless souls.

Why is it that if you described a game this way to D&D and Pathfinder crowds, you would get players and GMs (though mostly GMs) balking at it for being unbelievably ridiculous and over-the-top, when this is a description of the baseline assumptions of D&D and Pathfinder?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#alterReality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The game failed to give that impression.

>The protagonists are impossibly competent both in and out of combat, highly skilled at fighting in some way, and gifted with a cornucopia of preternatural superpowers.
You seem to be forgetting about the existence of Martials.

>>There are always beings of far greater might, magic, wit, and influence than the heroes

You seem to be forgetting the existence of Wizards.

For real though, if you're gonna complain about DnD, just play something else, before the DnDrone defense squad shows up to throw a fit that someone dares say anything bad about their game of choice. Even when they're the ones who make half of these topics in the first place.

>You seem to be forgetting the existence of Wizards.
Gods and outsider lords beat wizards.

Only one of those is me though.

>you would get players and GMs (though mostly GMs) balking at it for being unbelievably ridiculous and over-the-top
Few people care cares about DM opinions, far less about GM opinions.

Sounds like fun to me. Exactly what I want out of a game like D&D.

Then again, my favourite edition is 4e, which IMO is the version which most embraces that sort of pulpy high fantasy, rather than just accidentally supporting/implying it.

4e has no world changing wizards.

...yes it does?

It just ensures that other classes have the potential to change the world, too. High level rituals, utilities and epic destinies have all kinds of cool shit in them.

I'm a Pathfinder GM and I don't see how any of the things you listed are wrong or bad.

>bumping a troll thread

Who, but trolls themselves?

Wrong. The only thing that beats Wizards is GM. Wizards can easily overpower even the strongest gods.

>falling for memes about a game you don't play

Look, if we're talking about 3.x/pf, then Wizards can absolutely BTFO an entire universe with relative ease. Or are you going to argue that a wizard can't defeat a god by pummeling it to death with three exact clones of said god?

>The protagonists are impossibly competent both in and out of combat, highly skilled at fighting in some way, and gifted with a cornucopia of preternatural superpowers.

This is only true in heretical WotC editions. True AD&D does not suffer from such hubris.

>if we're talking about 3.x/pf

Then gods still beat out wizards by a mile.

~99% of the deities in Deities and Demigods have Alter Reality.

d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#alterReality

I don't see what's wrong with your description, granted I play 4E and enjoy the pulpy, big damn heroes moments. I do have a problem with your shitty weeb crap though.

>pulpy, big damn heroes
>shitty weeb crap
We go hand in hand.

Honestly, sounds more like basic assumptions behind playing game of FATE rather than anything else.

I've got the former without the latter in my game.

>implying Touhoufag is trolling

>ads
lmfao my dude

You don't play low-powered fate?