How broken is a Centaur Death Domain Cleric Necromancer in 5e?

how broken is a Centaur Death Domain Cleric Necromancer in 5e?

She'd be a Tier 4.

so not broken in the slightest

5e has a centaur race?

Not in the official books, but I'm sure someone has homebrewed one.

>Centaur
Saddle broken?

mind broken

i was thinking of caring a saddle with me if a companion needed time to rest or maybe to team combo attacks

if you fucked a horse, would you get pregnant?

depends on how bad her childhood was

You can move really far, and you can kick like a mule should anyone get too close. So that's a nice bonus. Plus Centaurs are stronger and hardier than most other races so getting stabbed to death by a kobold isn't too much of a concern.

Though Centaurs don't make as great magic users as Humans or Elves, so it's a hit-and-miss. That said, you could probably carry your skeleton archers on your back so you'd be a galloping turret - plus those skeletons can act as meat shields against enemies.

If your DM permits this (I would) then you'd be very broken, but it would be hilarious.

Im not sure how offensive ill be with my magic, I think for the most part Im gunna use it for dead raising and healing (when I get to the point were I can do that regularly).
I want my main form attack to be a scythe

go into wizard to get a melee cantrip so you don't succ
Scythes are stated in the DMG with the death enemies, 2 handed slashing damage simple weapon that does 1d8 damage

Scythes do 1d8 damage? Centaurs do more damage with their hooves alone (2d6).

As user mentioned, they want to play Cleric for their ability to heal. So I figure sticking with Cleric is better. Plus they can use armour. So that's an advantage to Wizard, and saves on getting spells for protection.

Anyway, I'm not DMing your game so I can only throw in my own speculations for how to play a Centaur. But best of luck on your Centaur NecroCleric.

>centaur hooves do 2d6
post centaur racial stats please, that sounds broken that they get an unarmed 2d6 strike.
Just go monk so you can get do 2 hoove attacks a little one and be broken

playtest minotaur had 1d10 horns. Those were natural weapons that did NOT count as unarmed attacks. Probably the best approach for a centaur race.

As broken as a winged elf sun monk.

That's a cute centaur

I wanna fuck that centaur

yeah that makes sense in that case

Get a lance. It does 1d12 at a range of more than 5 feet. It has disadvantage on attacks within 5 feet, but that's when you get to use your hoof attack (2d6). Thats what I'm gonna do with my centaur barbarian. Also, take the mobile feat asap

I took the stat directly from the Monster Manual (pic related). I don't know that there is an official Centaur player race published for 5e, however.

God I love the playable centaur race idea

Not even cos of waifu-shit, I just think it's fun.
>More mobility options
>Other players can mount you, allows new ways of teamwork
>Whole field of weird class combinations that opens up new possibilities (fucking Centaur Monk)
>should take 2 spaces on the board, allowing new strategic ideas. (How do you even back stab a centaur?)

I just love the idea of a race being different mainly thanks to it's body type or size being different from the human one.

Would you a chivalrous, loyal centaur knight who is part good boy

Yeah, it'd be their natural weapon, and it wouldn't be used as a bonus move. It would be a full action, since it requires so much effort to perform.

That sounds pretty rad, actually. I'm more tempted to play a Centaur by the day - but I doubt my DM would let me (also we're in the middle of a campaign already).

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

It does sound fun, but you'd need to balance their natural powers with some detriments. First of all they are Large creatures. And because of the large part of them that constitute flanks, they should be fairly vulnerable to back/flanking attacks. So stay armoured, or stay out of extended melee.

Definitely they should be able to carry other players as their riders and count as mounts. And a player with the Mounted Expertise (I think that's the one) could effectively tank the Centaur's damage as if it was a regular horse.

I don't even know what you'd call that thing. Cantaur? Dogtaur?
Either way, it's part dog, so you know it's a good boy. I trust it with my life.

Why did that image rotate when I posted it? :T

>large race
Yeah no.
Good luck being stuck outside of dungeons and in the way moving through them.
There is a reason no one has mounted characters. Too much of a hassle.

They're called dogtaurs, and there's a set of 9 images by the author. they'e pretty good imo

That's not even an issue. Just don't put your campaign in a cramped tunnel dug out by Goblins.

I haven't heard anyone say it had anything to do with spelunking. I think people not riding on horses has more to do with them not wanting to place points into Animal Handling and put perks towards it, which they could instead commit to other handy skills and combat feats.

Kobold Press has centaurs in their Midgard Heroes book

Oh yeah, that's actually pretty decent.

Though if you can't roll out the cash for that one, you might also rely on freely available homebrews, on discuss with your DM about possible options.

I've loved the idea of centaurs as a player race since shining force on the Sega genesis had your main Frontline fighters as centaurs

is there a spell or ritual one can perform or have performed on them that will give the player wings?

Not an issue unless you play the DnD/Pathfinder stereotype. I've been playing a Centaur in a Pathfinder game for about... 60 sessions now, my large ass (she''s slim for a centaur thanks) has troubled the group exactly 0 times. Hell, I'm not even the biggest person in the party, there's a huge (gargantuan effectively) sized fire giant... half dragon... thing... in the party.

If not in the core rule books, then you can homebrew it. It shouldn't be any harder than a polymorph spell.

In 5e, I think Alter Self can give you a Fly Speed?

No, RAW doesn't let you do that. It isn't even listed as one of the possible uses for it.

The spell that lets you fly is the Level 3 spell Fly, which makes you fly - but it expressly does not give you wings to do so with, you just... fly.

Alter Self on its own is fairly limited. You can't change much of your natural composition. You will stay mostly the way you are (which is to say a Centaur will remain a quadruped whatever they do to themselves).

Centaur fucker's bump

Is it normal for 6 HD, CR 2 creatures to only have +2 to hit?