Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

We star wars edition.

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-matched-play-updates-nov-22gw-homepage-post-3/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=1RnhihILJXo

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754
youtube.com/watch?v=8_KQ4xagJSg
regimental-standard.com/2017/11/22/another-mystery-conclusively-solved/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anybody try running 6 agressors?

Im thinking of picking up those leaked easy to build ones do we have an ETA on that?

First for the first legion

Too slow heretic.

Probably before Christmas I'd imagine.

Quick, tell me about yourdudes

They are space marines who's armour is mostly grey but whos shoulders, knees and a few other spots are dark green

J'onnson the Lobestar, striking scorpion exarch, fear his claw.

Hey, so I don't know about what counts as "quality", but I've been fiddling on and off with the mathhammer sheet, starting out of curiosity on who would win in a 1v1 out of all the TEQs. Long story short, it kinda got out of hand, and I ended up making a new tab with all the various TEQ and quasi-TEQ (all multiwound infantry, really) in the game and how they stack up against various targets, point efficiency, all that jazz. I did it manually instead of just copying the values from the sheet because I found it relaxing, for some reason, and wanted to change a couple things. It's still only half finished, because I want to do the defensive side too, but that'll have to wait.

Anyway, here it is, under the "Heavy Infantry" tag. Thoughts, suggestions, accusations of homosexuality?docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit#gid=528950754

How are shooty terminators in a marine list? worth grabbing?

This is thebest legion ever

An IG player in: The Primaris Experiance
>Guy brings 10 Hellblasters and a Lieutenant
First Turn Moves up and fires 10 shots, overcharged since S7 D1 merely tickles a Russ.
>Rolls 2 ones, rerolls, rolls one more 1.
>Leman Russ soaks up 8 damage
>Techpriest+Strategem=3 health back
>Total Trade: 1/2 of a Russ for a single 33 point soldier, and its not even the Guard's turn yet.

Seriously, give the poor newbies something that won't explode 1 of the squad once every 3 turns!

Pre-heresy Thousand Sons.

Uses alpha legion rule since TS suck right now and Amon, the secret service man is a pretty cool dude.

Shield them with Intercessors to make sure they reach a target. A better idea is to put 5 in a repulsor

Teal and Orange Fist Successor stuck in the ass end of no where getting by on atomics and a Forgeworld that makes old Mk III armor and Cataphractii.

Loyalist Emperors Children Successors born of Heretech tinkering.

Aaa

anyone else think that Winters SEO's latest batrep opponent was using loaded dice? saw way too many sixes.

OH SHIT

NUT

Fucking neat.

Inquisitor and friends investigating the Legion of the Damned.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nah, winter just has shit luck.

How do I get into the lore of WHMR/WHMR40K

The 3ed Petrovast Volunteers. A homebrew guard reg that uses valhallan rules. They're suppose to be a peasant army inspired by the Russian civil war/WWI. Not dirty commies but White Russians devoted to the emperor. Spent way too much time at work dreaming up bs fluff for them.

Lexicanum and 1d4chan. 40k wiki a shit

Not even a guardfag but fuck the hell YES.

Welcome back Frank.

>that guy rerolling his dice when it wasn't even cocked

it's beautiful

Well that's one back. Now we just need another.

FEED ME SEYMOUR

I would love to see her come back

imagine if they brought back the last chancers

OH BABY

>That thing next to his foot
OH GOD ITS A CATACHAN BARKING TOAD!

SOMEONE GET VULKAN AWAY FROM HERE!!

Rogue Trader's private mercenary army. Will fight literally anyone for profit - even the Imperium.

Uses Astra Militarum rules but all models are entirely 3rd party to give them distinction from the IG.

The good thing about 40k is basically every trope and genre can play out in it. Star Wars pulpy adventure sci-fi would fit fine in this context, especially with rogue traders

Imagine what would happen if she came back in a full plastic sister release, would this break Veeky Forums?

I overloaded with excitement, I am glad to see him back and in superior fashion. Time has been amazing to him.

Yes. Yes it wood.

I want one of those models so bad. How was the kit? I'm kinda salty over having to buy expensive sponsons separate.

Khorne worshipers who have been raiding and capturing everything that'll put up a good fight to throw into a tournament that's not allowed to end.

They did republish her comic last year, so GW has not forgotten her.

2 movies homaged in 1 infantry mini.
Neat.

It would and I would love every minute of it.

Sir, I can only be SO erect..

I liked it. This guy's review of it is what inspired me to take the plunge and buy one of my own:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_KQ4xagJSg

Necrons, styled off the old fluff. They just want to kill everything. Prevents my autism from kicking in like if I was playing Marines and was fighting against Guard or something.

I'll watch that, thanks.

Exorcist successors, most of the chapter guards a warp rift, sometimes the inquisition "borrows" a few

>using the debunked caunter scheme
thistriggersmyinnergrog.tiff

Rate my colour scheme. Any advice would be appreciated

My dick. I got the original Marbo, now I need two.

add some bright pink for extra vapourwave goodness

If they lose they flip the table and declare exterminatus.

Jesus Christ could this be leading up to a new Catachan troop box?
Those Mangled Ass lookin fuckers are the only thing holding me back

Looks really nice user

Go with a neutral color for the undersuit. That blue is like daggers to the eye.

tau/10

Imperium infighting happens all the time in lore so tabletop games between IoM players doesn't feel too out of place.

Reposting from end of other thread. A full 100men and a 1000pts worth. This is organizationally accurate but could it win?

Wouldn’t the equivalent for humans be going into battle wearing skin-coloured gear?

Oof.

Okay you're kinda on the right track but you messed it up a little.

1: No contrast in the undersuit. I strongly suggest making it black.

2: A strong green and a strong purple look like a he-man toy, especially with a completely different third colour in the form of the orange. Maybe try a dark yellow for your sept colour?

what the fuck are cadians champ

GOD-EMPEROR I HOPE SO!
>Cadians don't appeal to me, both playstyle and aesthetics.

Neat as a fun little curiosity... Got any other pages?

>could it win

I don't think it's possible to make a guard list that can't win at least half its games.

(PS - you have 1 too many command squads for matched play; you can only have # = to the # of company commanders)

>Launches Deathstrikes to wipe out RG at the behest of the High Lords of Terra.
>deploys Banewolves to slaughter the Ultramarines
>swarms of conscripts to protect it all.

Seems pretty normal outside of the Deathstrikes and banewolves which are considered pretty trash on TT due to their mechanics (which makes me sad about the Deathstrike).

What ARE Cadians, Mulder?

Deathstrikes have always been a meme.

World Serpents - Black Legion spinoff centered around the creepy cultic worship of their leader, Vul.

Hive Fleet Araneae - Tyranids suspected to have emerged from Kronos, currently engaged in the aforementioned guy's ass

I thought you get one for a platoon commander as well?

didn't he get a mini in 7th?

Makes me wonder
How many conscripts can a single Commissar keep in line?
I mean eventually they would just rip the fucker in half and form their own community

No it was a mix of many kits, basically an official GW kitbash.

You do.

reminds me of halo 3 for some reason so i like it

Sorry, my bad, you are correct

Is that a fancy lasgun or bolter?

They were, but, they had a chance to make them less of a meme and at least have some utility. A smart foe will just table you before T3 where it has a reasonable chance to fire, if not, by then things are spread out enough that it doesn't matter where it lands. I get it's power means not allowing it to strike T1, but eh, it is a non choice outside of apocalypse and campaigns. And the loss of unlimited range means I can't have fun launching it from Oregon to North Carolina.

Considering they're usually in the middle of a fight when he's executing dudes they're unlikely to get very far if they do.

Looks like a carbine, and probably a las weapon.

Dunno if lascarbines are a common 40k weapon, but they aren't well represented if they are.

Nice, now give us Vect

FUCKING YES.

Duke > Vect

Wasn't there a nuclear war between US and UK players in GW stores once during 7th Edition? Read a green text story about it a while back.

There have been numerous cases of people ringing up a Geedubs store to tell them they’re launching a Deathstrike from their house

Yes, I was to emulate that myself but failed to get enough Deathstrikes and someone to play against in time for the apocalypse match that was going on in North Carolina. Was going to be friggen hilarious.

Something like this? I decided to change the decoration colours also.

THEY TOLD US

regimental-standard.com/2017/11/22/another-mystery-conclusively-solved/

definitely better

So basically Chaos is fucked now.

Much better, though the shoulderpad is still a little masters of the universe.

oh yes, good shit user
only tau player i wouldnt make fun of

Pretty sure its his tacticool sniper pistol, for the few enemies that the knife isn't enough to handle.

I keep thinking of EVA Unit 01.

Is that the plant from Jeepers Creepers on the base?