Made, Saw, Played

Go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iw7Hp_T_Zv4)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Template.

High lethality system? sounds like a job for an unarmed idiot grappler!

After so many mages and hybrid-casters, playing a (somewhat) mundane sword and board fighter with some extra thingies added in was a refreshing experience.

I've always had more fun playing fighters as opposed to casters, even though casters have a lot more cool shit.

>Tiefling Hans Gruber
You, I like you.

Resolving conflicts through the sheer power of mutual muscular appreciation is the only way to play

Storytime, user?

Did you also have that sound accompany you everywhere you showed up?

>tfw you're not even a paladin and your god revives you anyways

nice

I feel like this is how the DG game I'm going to run is going to end up for one of my agents

I have been into 3 jedi temples, 1 empire outpost and 1 decomissioned sith starbase and literally every one of those objects has blown up to some degree.

Also, I crashed every vehicle I have stolen. This is like 4 swoop bikes, a hover car of some sort, and my current ship (later dug back out of the dune I crashed it into)

But I've got a fucking gorgeous speeder I dump all my money into and it doesn't have a goddamn scratch on it.

I am the best Corellian

My type of man.

You won my heart, user.

I made note of it on my character sheet, it inhibited a stealth mission once. I definitely need a recording of it on its own for when it's my turn, though.

brutal

what was going to be a completely normal evil campaign suddenly turned when i accidentally broke the game.

good time.

Was your DM drunk?

I don't get it, exactly. What's supposed to be the difference between "What I made" and "what I played"? What you intended for the character versus how they actually turned out?

that's exactly it, user

That’s pretty metal

Shame we only got to play 3 fucking sessions

It was a while back but I can remember one particular moment that elevated the entire campaign.

>be me
>get introduced by my bro to 5 man DnD group running a 5e game
>DM is long-time friend of bro
>'Maximum Fun' type
>3 others included DM's gf and two other literal whos
>party consisted of a Tiefling Sorcerer, an Orc Bard, a Human Ranger and a Drow Warlock
>wrote up a decent Goliath Barbarian majoring in Strength and Charisma
>pretty stock-standard campaign involving mercenary work for the local town mayor with some light political intrigue
>2 days into campaign
>we receive a bounty letter regarding a nearby bandit group raiding caravans and killing townsfolk
>already went through 4 battles in the past 5 hours
>getting bored of tanking blows for the party while they chuck arrows and spells at the enemy
>find out where the bandit's hideout is after an hour of looking for clues
>get ambushed right as we enter
>Bandit leader confronts us and demands that we tell them who we are
>DM's gf failing horribly at negotiating
>lock eyes with DM
>"I use Persuasion"
>knowingly nods back
>roll for it
>nat fucking 20
>DM describes me ripping off my shirt and flexing in front of the Bandit leader in a display of sheer testosterone before the Bandit leader takes off his armor and proceeds to flex back, our muscles stretching in a gesticulating fashion
>culminates in the two of us locking eyes, shaking hands and congratulating each other on our muscular physique
>Bandit leader promises to leave the town alone and move his band elsewhere
>gives us his helmet to prove his 'death'
>head back to town and collect our reward
>tfw avoided a battle with nothing but muscles and 20 Charisma

>DVa
gross

It wasn't intentional. We decided she knew how to pilot the robot she fell into the cockpit of because she played mech sims a lot, and then someone said she should stream it, and I overplayed the autism in the first session, and it just kind of happened.

Carrot is an aspiration.
>Also a mary sue, possibly.

RIP

I made a paladin with 8 int.. named Gaston.

gotta go fast

Fucking noice.

you have a really great group user, they're doing it right.

Fuck how many people even REMEMBER Dark Angels are supposed to be NA's?

read from left to right it's one boy (girl)s progression on hormones :3

I'm interested, user. Any stories?

I made another one. This was from way back when I was still pretty new to roleplaying. I regretted everything about this character but it was still a blast somehow.

Sounds like a fun time.

explain

talking from experience?

I too wish to know

Most fun I've had in a game yet.

Bit of an old one, but was still a fun campaign. Kicked a sun to death.

I wish 3:

Made a sneaky Shadowrun sniper, discovered the SURGE rules, and made a froggy character called Kermit Frauglin

My DM considered it a joke he'd have to tolerate. The first few sessions of the campaign all involved robbing a boat, attacking docks, and defending shipyards, and it turned out that by putting all my points into aquatic-themed options that let me snipe people off from the middle of the goddamn ocean, I had accidentally minmaxed so hard that the rest of the party was superfluous.

okay so

>DM develops a really rules-lite system that's kinda garbage, rolls are fairly arbitrary, etc.
>Universe gets reset via explosives (long story), we all reroll characters for a new game set in Florida
>Was playing a lot of PD2, Jacket had just been released and I thought his gimmick was really cool
>Basically make a character who's R63 Jacket, really likes to hurt people, sadistic, violent, speaks through TTS (kinda like this: youtube.com/watch?v=iw7Hp_T_Zv4)
>that's not exactly who jacket is but ok
>Another player is a literal autist who has issues with volume control and, try as he might, simply can't roleplay worth a damn
>All other players at the table sick of his shenanigans
>I decide PvP is in order
>boobjacket goes to a sex shop
>purchases a spiked dildo bat
>goes to a party where autism player is
>beats him near to death with spiked dildo bat
>DM fiat only thing keeping him alive
>game ends a few weeks later when we all ended up going to court for me beating a dude to a pulp with a dildo bat

Not that user but

>made: chaos and murder, with tits
>DM saw: weaponized autism
>played: memes

It's Hotline Miami (game about murdering as many as fast as possible), the movie Drive, and St. Pepsi (vaporwave), go look them up

my dick is diamonds now, thanks

>>game ends a few weeks later when we all ended up going to court for me beating a dude to a pulp with a dildo bat
Oh, yeah, I remember that McDonald's commercial too

any continued adventures of Private Frauglin?

Sorry, I am a phone poster, you will have to use your imagination

Made : [40K Psyker]

Saw : [Salad Fingers]

Played : [Bill Sykes with Star Platinum]

I exclusively cast Weaken the Veil and Spectral Hands, using them to pick up and throw 4 x boxing gloves per round. Did more damage than teammates with guns or laser swords because I got to add willpower bonus onto each one's damage. OraOraOra!

>DM develops a really rules-lite system that's kinda garbage, rolls are fairly arbitrary, etc
Next time, just play Violence.

Sadly, no. The gaming group fell apart a few sessions into that campaign (and had been in trouble for a few months due to jobs and everyone else but me havingg two other weekly game nigghts), so there was never a chance for the DM to have a mission on a highway or inside a lab or literally anywhere but "next to the ocean".

In an earlier game, I made a Technomancer named Purrin Majesty who was basically an annoying scene kid who made cat puns incessantly and was secretly working to sacrifice the party to an evil AI. My trechery included things like framing the party for kidnapping me, which they didn't notice until the cops showed up because whenever they wanted to search the matrix for info they'd have the technomancer do it.

At one point, I was *actually* kidnapped and replaced by a clone of myself for a few sessions, unbeknownst to the rest of the party. Once the reveal happened, I pointed out that the real Purrin made cat puns incessantly, and they should've noticed the switch because the clone made incessant *dog* puns instead. This blew at least one player's mind because he'd noticed me doing that but never thought it would be important.

OH look. Again. Why this meme, it's so stupid. How the fuck can you know what the DM saw?

Not OP, but here's something radical

by, I dunno, TALKING to them?

Shocking, I know

The current party for a game I'm DMing (Homebrew setting and rules)

Doubtful.
Also, how can what you made and what you played not be the same?
The /v/ version of this is based on common experiences. The Veeky Forums version is based on
>ahaha yeah that... Thst was probably funny, maybe, if what you mean is this thing that I noticed but maybe it's not what you meant
Some people will explain their collages with a crappy attempt at a background story that in most cases just show that they misunderstood everything because of autism. So that doesn't make it better.

Seriously this is the worst board meme, all boards, excluding /b/

Take this nonce for example. The line with the snake oil salesman
>what I made: merchant
>what the DM saw: merchant
>what I played: merchant
wew.

You know that not everything you start out with ends up the same, right?

Progression is a thing, dude.

That's what he did/is playing.I don't know what you were expecting.

Again doubtful. The images seem to be more for a punch line than to signify progression or development.

Do not address me again.

>Also, how can what you made and what you played not be the same?

For me, a lot of characters generally start with me making some comic character I like as a jump-off point.

The "what I made" in and is literal. I was thinking of Tsuyu when I made Kermit, and I was thinking of Meulin (a very minor Homestuck character who I thought had a lot of untapped potential) when I made Purrin.

For Kermit, I did a croaky frog voice, and made an effort to speak up more often, since I can be a quiet player and that was something I was working on. This ended up making him a bit more sarcastic and ornery than I originally expected (and more mercenary, too), and then the setup of missions that were accidentally tailored to him made him more competent and serious.

Purrin was intended to be a bit of a moron that was a pawn of a greater power, but it turns out that secretly working for the bad guys is a bit harder than I expected, so I had to actually think a bit, and she became a lot more clever about little things like always being the one to search the Matrix for information so that she could keep the party from learning things. She ended up becoming a significant evil mastermind in her own right, and then the DM introduced a clone, which I thought was cool, and her protective relationship to her clone became a whole thing in and of itself. The character literally started from "D-list Homestuck character" and became one of the best and most interesting character I ever played, and a group favorite, because things change in a year-long campaign (also, three other members of the 5-person party were ALSO working to sell us all out, with none of us knowing about the others and the poor Shaman being the only loyal guy on the team, which caused the campaign to get weird in other ways).

>Do not address me again.

>Also, how can what you made and what you played not be the same?
Because the other players and/or circumstances forces you away from the idea you came up with, either immediately or slowly? The other players in my group are notoriously unassertive. When we were new as a group, that wasn't completely clear, and it's forced me more than once to change my characters to assertive leader types with a flair for diplomacy, because despite someone else writing characters to fill that role, they always end up not playing it due to their IRL personalities. First character with this group was a stoner college dropout, who had to become the Modern Machiavelli because the guy who wrote Chad Rogers couldn't help but play as much of a sperglord as he was IRL, and the rest didn't want to make decisions for the group, let alone suggestions. When I wrote a simple and martial minded Viking mercenary for a game set in Moorish Spain, he suddenly had to become Loki Silvertongue, because neither the Nobleman with all dots in Social nor the Priest who was also a Cult Leader wanted to take charge. Our GM had to ask me to go for a walk with him and directly ask me to change up my character, because the group and plot couldn't move otherwise.
It's gotten a bit better through the years, but it's become a necessity that any character I write needs to have a certain level of intellect, social skills or leadership, or the group is dead in the water without extreme railroading.

>Do not address me again.

Hell if I know, but my party sure loves saving civilians

Storytime?

Ah fuck, who is that guy in the middle? I feel like I know who that is, but it's on the tip of my tongue.

reddit has landed.

In both of your pictures none of that is apparent. As I said in the /v/ version of this (where it obviously comes from), it'll practically always be obvious what is meant, but in yours? Garfield as what the DM saw? Without your explanation, people might think that you meant that the DM saw a lazy guy who likes lasagna.
The thing is though that with a little modification of the template itself, this could be made to be the same common-ground triplet as is on other boards.

So what you are saying is that it's not at all like that? They'd just do it?

This was from a Curse of Strahd game; shame we only got 3 sessions in.

Commencing the dump.

So a pilot?

This was from a West Marches that fell apart before I could play him for 2 sessions.

He ended up getting a Pipes of Haunting at level 1 through shenanigans.

Ended up raiding a Green Dragon's lair at level 4 and killing Fate and destroying all Divination magic at another.

This was my second character in that West Marches... it was an interesting handful of sessions.

Longest lasting character; tried to bear the burden of the entire world on his back and tried to help everyone and it got him Plane Shifted.

In case you're being serious, thats Char. Right side is Bean from Gunsmith Cats, IE basically the fucking terminator

Char Aznable, The Red Comet.

I demand storytime.

Also, not mine, but another guy's character from our MnM campaign. The wonders that can happen when you make a super-spooky cultist and the party conspires to get her into a romantic comedy.

Current character in the game with Muse. Ended up being much more sad than I thought he would be. Went from just looking to find his old master to bearing the burden of all of modern Dwarven civilization. I keep phrase dropping from The Megas and Protomen but nobody has noticed.

I might start calling myself the Break Man, but I don't want to push it.

Thanks frens

...No, the guy on the right is COACHEE from Gunbuster. Bean's got a jaw that could chew through sheet metal.

Oops, wrong version.