Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Edition.

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/22/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-matched-play-updates-nov-22gw-homepage-post-3/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=1RnhihILJXo [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for HFY fags need to stop

Will admech get buffs in Chapter Approved? Cawl going up in points isn't good news.

this

So I just got a Stormraven for my Black Templars and I'm wondering about how to kit it out.

I considered running a 10 man Crusader squad plus two characters for support, and an ironclad dreadnought, but that would be about 700 points for transport + content.

Now I'm considering the stormraven, a 10 model crusader squad(5 initiates, 5 neophytes), and the Ironclad. Is that a good amount, or should I cut back further?

C'tan rules that match their fluff when. I want them to be more than shitty psykers.

Only nerfs and points increase

I want a Skittle Alpha that's basically an admech copy of an Autarch.

You want C'tan to wipe whole tables of units with a gesture?

you get dick

What's your Blood Angel wishlist?

>Furioso cost cut
>Inferno Pistol cost cut
>fight twice stratagem

BAs could really use some sort of always on assault buff, to differentiate from basic marines. Strength is taken up by the Sanguinary Priest, and attacks on charge by the death company, so who knows what they'll get.

I wouldn't give a shit if his name was Dick Cuntos, I would still field him.

>C'tan rules that match their fluff when.

Last edition, it was broken as shit.

I just want C'tan that feel powerful man. Nightbringer is okay, but Deceiver is pretty meh. There also seems to be no reason to ever bring a Trancendent C'tan either.

are shooty terminators worth taking?

literally only slaanesh combiplas with a sorc for prescience and warptime. no other kind has remotely the output needed for their price

>yfw Cawl brings back jetbikes

Its a gunship that can drop a dread if you can ge tthe dread in a good spot the res is just icing

Id personally like to see death company get better FNP or a berserker like ability

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So drop the Crusader squad?

Same, fighting twice would be good and would truly make them the crazy close-quarters beatsticks that BAs need.

Deathwatch terminators can get the most heavy weapons per terminators, but it is pricey.

You can get it into position turn 1 easily, so it should have the weapons to blast anything intervening with getting your guys into the juiciest target available
Typhoon, lascannons, hurricanes. It's expensive but who cares

I think we need a buff to charge distance

Rerolls are nice but that would make ours more consistent

That or advance and charge

I face nids a lot so I went for melta, asscannons, hurricanes.

stormbolters not any good?

As far as I can tell we aren't allowed to want anything new because our models are fairly new.

>yfw Cawl is actually Arkhan Land but forgot his name after erasing his memories too many times

>yfw they're primaris only for literally no reason

Definitely. +2 to charge distance would be an excellent tactic, although I'd also take advance+charge. I think I'd rather have the charge bonus though, would confirm our seat as the assault-marine army.

Yeah! Let the harvestmen have a go instead!

As funny as that would be the fact that Cawl worked with the Emperor on making the Black Carapace kind of kills that possibility.

That's about all the lesser Shards would be, isn't it?

I doubt most Dynasties are going to waste a more powerful shard or risk unshackling it most of the time when it's as much a danger to them as the enemy.

>trusting marinelets with expensive jetbikes

even plus 1 would be good enough to make our charges better than most

DC are useless right now which means lemartes and astorath are

Sanguinary guard are great though as is the sanguinor

>Making big ass vehicles
>Can't carry normal marines
You bet your ass they'll be primaris only

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

stormbolters are fine, but are not enough to make a model as expensive as a terminator a shooty threat

BL have done worst retcons though

Why take a stormbolter when you could spam 3 man squads of 3 cyclone missile launchers AND 3 stormbolters.

Holding out for gauss related 6+ wound rolls to be mortal wounds instead.

Would alleviate the need for subpar and overtaxed AT option and would allow for the good old silver tide warrior blobs instead of Immortal Tesla only.

Shoot and then charge in? Thats what I do its okay I kind of drop them with 2 other DS units to give my guys time to run up

Because that's a shitload of points invested in models that easily die to massed infantry fire.

I mean fuck it man. The're a bunch of old men with doomsday shit. No reason not to use it. Also don't all shards have a shackle that reels them back to the vault if they start acting up?

No, that's fucking bullshit. They are already gimping smite spammers because it's getting too strong and you think they are gonna allow for an armywide mortal wound spam? GTFO

I will refuse games against lists with Sly Marbo just like how I refuse lists with all human characters who aren’t rich enough to afford juvenat treatments. The timeline advanced 200+ years with 8th and they are all canonically dead of old age.

>c'tan
>7th edition
>broken

I want Lychguards to deal a mortal wound on nat 6 rolls on their 4++ save and their forced movement flyers to have the 'Heavy weapons platform' special rule as not moving isn't really an option.
>AdMec gets oldcron reflective hits rules.
>Necron doesn't
why

>implying this is the same Sly
Different model and different look should tell you something.

That would be utter filth

Sly Marbo is not a person, he is a state of mind

>Multiple stars of terra
Holy fucking shit he's a living propaganda engine, his blood is probably 50% Juvenant.

Nah rending would do the same thing without going through invulns.

Gimping Smite is going to absolutely fuck Thousand Sons over, unless they make it so that ONLY TS canspam Smite with impunity while everyone else is locked at 3.

We literally get no access to even Chaos Lords, everything is a fucking psyker. What are we expected to do, melee with force staves or engage in glorious almost-melee combat with my trusty inferno bolt pistol? Fuck outta here.

Mortal wounds would be ridiculous. Some kind of rend would be more reasonable.

>who aren’t rich enough to afford juvenat
I mean at this point I'd imagine that the Imperium would pay for their treatment so they can continue kicking ass.

>Comparing literal unstoppable d3 mortal wounds with to something that averages 0.109 mortal wounds per shot.
>20 shots averages 2 wounds that you don't need to get through saves.
I get your reaction, I've faced the spam lists.
But I think comparing the two is a little over the top.

WARP SHENANIGANS

>Implying he didn't just sneak his way out of death
Come on, mang.

The Great Rift raped time across the galaxy. For example, the Baal system was put inside a time bubble. While the Angels fought the Tyranids for what has been days, 70 years passed in the galaxy. Similar events have been noted elsewhere.

He might have just been flung forward in time by a warp anomaly.

I was baffled and shocked; then I saw the filename and had a giggle.

I'd prefer strafing run.

So if the Baneblade is the super-heavy tank, the Leman Russ is the heavy tank, and the Hellhound is the medium tank, what's the light tank in the Guard motor pool?

I have admittedly not looked at other flyers' rules as my group don't field them.
>unknown rule, what do

Senitnels I guess? Or the Taurox.

I've actually figured this one out.

The confusing part is the fact that her tits are HUGE - nearly the size of her head. But you'll notice below the upper bra strap a line that intersects with the jacket.

That's her neck.

>Implying even death itself can catch Sly Marbo

+1 to hit vs non flyers.

Explain her thighs and singular panty-line please. because I'm confused.

No.

Nope, still makes no absolute fucking sense.

Even Chaos Spawns have better anatomy

Rolled 7 (1d10)

He-Man user here
Lets Create a Tau Cadre
What was the sept founded in?

Blessing of the Omnissiah>Xenos tech heresy

They've given him Snake Pliskin's gun.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

3rd Sphere of Expansion founding.
What was the majority terrain of the home world?

Yeah ok, that sounds neat.
Dedicated air-to-ground weaponry!

It also gives a much needed buff to the tesla destructors.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

3rd Sphere of Expansion founding on a swampy world.
Tactical Philosophy of the commander?

I want this. It would be great having a lord variant specifically for Scarab or at least generic Canoptek synergy.

>tfw can make unlimited scarabs with press moulds and milliput so I can make a massive 2K swarm army for literally less than 10 euro.

>whynotboth.scrapcode

Oh god, that Punisher is bothering me more than it should

Taurox is an AFV.

I know it doesn't have a lot of relevance to the game, and perhaps combat doctrine doesn't call for light or scout tanks in the 42nd millenium.

But here's how I see the breakdown of tracked vehicle classifications (excluding forge world):

>Super-Heavy Tank
Baneblade, Hellhammer
>Super-Heavy Armored Fighting Vehicle
Stormlord, Doomhammer, Banehammer
>Super Heavy Assault Gun
Banesword
>Super-Heavy Tank (Titan?) Destroyer
Shadowsword
>Super-Heavy Self-Propelled Gun
Banesword
>Heavy Tank
Leman Russ
>Medium Tank
Hellhound
>Light Tank
???
>Armored Fighting Vehicle
Taurox (Prime), Chimera
>Self-Propelled Gun/Gun Motor Carriage
Basilisk
>Self-Propelled Multiple Launch Rocket System
Manticore
>Self-Propelled Mortar
Wyvern
>Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Artillery
Hydra
>Self-Propelled Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile Launch Platform
Deathstrike

...I got a bit carried away with that. Was fun to write though.

Rolled 79 (1d100)

3rd Sphere of Expansion on a Swampy world.

Lead by a commander who follows the Mont'ka Philosophy of study the enemy before attacking their weak point.
What are the tactics of the Cadre itself?

>the punisher
>not the shadowsword-sized turret on the baneblade with no co-ax
>not the tripod-mounted heavy bolter slapped on top of a taurox
there are many things wrong with that image.

>220pt flyer
>8 shots of S7, -, 1
>avg. 1.4 wounds per shooting round vs Spessh Mahreens.
>also dat one heavy d3 shot AT weapon that has a 50% hit chance.

Necron flyers is a shit.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Lead by a commander who follows the Mont'ka Philosophy of study the enemy before attacking their weak point. Leads a Cadre that uses stationary units to support mobile units.

What is the function of this cadre?

You're not alone friend.
Currently have at least 1500 points in scarabs collecting dust because they're not functional enough to field.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Lead by a commander who follows the Mont'ka Philosophy of study the enemy before attacking their weak point. Leads a Cadre that uses stationary units to support mobile units.

Cadre is designed to conquer new worlds.
Adherence to the greater good?

>Lord Feelthis

They're at least cheap enough for objective holders.

But I got warriors and Wraits for that.
>They both live longer for some reason.
>They also reduce enemy numbers while there.
>Pew pew particle pistols.

Any named character is important enough to get juvenant treatments.

I feel the warp overtaking me.

OH BOY JUST IN TIME FOR PUSSMAS

They're really easy to hide out of LoS and cheap enough to sit there doing nothing without being a waste. Also handy for just denying area.

>a trio of blightlords
>smokey, spikey, and hentai

Sly Marbo is $25USD.