You and your brave adventurers step into a chamber and find three chests. One is gold, one is silver...

You and your brave adventurers step into a chamber and find three chests. One is gold, one is silver, and one is made from wood. What do you do?

>What significance does this 13A have?
>Is a clue or a warning?

Poke them all with a spear.

open them all simultaneously

have my summoned minions open them

Send the thief in to detect and disarm any potential traps.

Do people not do this any more?

>touching literally anything in the tomb of horrors
Leave immediately by the closest exit and never speak of this place again. Come back when I'm level 20 and blast the entire shitpile into the astral plane.

Poo in hand.

It'll probably get raided in the years till then.

Good, nothing you can get from the Tomb of Horrors is worth fighting through the Tomb of Horrors.

Is there a dungeon near/even as deadly, or even deadlier than the Tomb of Horrors?

Wait for 45 minutes until all the other players arrive, spend the next hour drinking beer and discussing imaginary currencies, then get around to playing, leave the dungeon and have a pool party in the next stagnent lake.

Good, all the traps will be sprung but no loot would have made it out.

I bring Schrödinger's cat and place it in front of the Golden box. By being outside of the box, therefore the box is empty. I then sell the golden box.

Sell loot boxes for 19.99 platinum each.

And this is why 4e not having 10 foot poles in its Player's Handbook was a problem.

What happens if one or more of them are mimics?

Bragging rights. You get bragging rights.

the more important question is:
What happens if one or more of them are Minsc(s)?

One by one I throw pepper into the locks.

First I cast Time Stop, so no matter what kind of trap there is it will have no effect until my extended turn ends.
I reach into my pocket and pull out approximately 2000 of my custom golems the size of dust mites. I command them to take the aid another action, giving me a +4000 untyped bonus to any skill check I want, more than enough to disarm any trap in one turn. I then command my microgolems to use the empty chests as raw materials to craft more microgolems.
Isn't it great how D&D 3E lets you just magic away any challenge or conflict? Even AMF doesn't always work if you have the right prestige class!

Send the bard in to seduce the coven of mimics.

>Is a clue or a warning?

neither, it specifies the room in de tomb of horrors
if one room has more than 1 piece of artwork associated with it they get extra letters

this is why the zealot barbarian in 5 is ideal for ToH

Yeah, 3E is pretty fun

The party ranger's dog starts to growl at them.

Rolled 13 + 13 (1d20 + 13)

>have never run the tomb of horrors
I'll bite.
I roll to detect traps, while advancing towards the silver chest.
20 dex with thieve's tools and expertise, at level 9 5th ed, so +5+8=+13 to the roll
never actually rolled dice before, hope this works

As the theif of the group, I say that I will attempt to disarm any traps on the chests, but I request to be given an anti magic shield while I do so.

no it doesn't.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

I jerk off onto each chest one by one and gauge their reaction

best thing from that thread. I laughed all night thinking about that.

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Dice roll if there is any reason to roll.

I rage and try to open the one on the right.
What happen next.

Let the other party members open them, then kick their cold corpses aside while I leisurely go through the loot. Winning!

>The Honest Chestmaker

>fighting
>through the Tomb of Horrors
Not how that module works.

>I rage and try to open the one on the right. What happen next.

Rolled 18 (1d20)

I roll diplomacy to befriend the skeleton

You befriend the skeleton. It kills you and removes your flesh, and puts your skeleton in the iridium box which is still being constructed.
The skeleton is happy he will able to be forever with his new friend.

Yay, I made someone happy!

Throw dynamite

Rolled 19 (1d20)

okay... new plan, as the theif of the group, I say we open 1 chest, and drop another chest on the skeleton inside, what happens from the roll?