One Piece RPG

we need more fucking posters edition

A thread dedicated to the development and discussion of the One Piece RPG, inspired by Eichiro Oda's titular work.

System building, character building, campaign building, and general advice and discussion are all welcome.

Current system in progress: pastebin.com/gY5w7qSY

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/8hKCXtP
pastebin.com/atFsdSue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thread question: what would make good campaign plots for a One Piece campaign?

Also, update to the system on Friday.

What about devil fruit awakening?

Should it be unavailable to the players until we learn more about it?

I don't know anything about one piece, just wanted to come into the thread to let you know I want to fuck the woman in the OP. Thanks for your time

Good taste.
Amande is top tier.

I GM'd for a group a few months back and once we settled on playing a One Piece campaign i asked them what they wanted to be; Pirates, Marines or something else.

The group decided they wanted to be a neutral shipping company. So they essentially played Rogue Trader in the One Piece world. Made for some interesting scenarios where they had to fend off Pirates, and occasionally sneak not so legal cargo past Marines, while still staying on their good side to do contracts for them.

Ultimate Question

Marine or Pirate Campaign

Shichibukai campaign featuring both pirate players and marine players

I would say yes.

Marine campaigns are better for more structured stories but pirates are better for exploratory style campaigns.

One Piece is worth reading if just fior the girls tee bee eitch

Pretty sure it's impossible to actually read it at this point for me, but I will say that from what I've seen, yes, the females are excellent. I like Nico Robin

Why's that, user? The length?
If that us the reason it just seems intimidating; it's actually pretty easy to get through. You can get through an arc in an afternoon.

I don't have a lot of free time, and frankly the manga itself doesn't particularly interest.

I set up a discord to serve as a hub for finding One Piece games online. We've got one game started and have a couple players lurking.

Forgot the link. discord.gg/8hKCXtP

Happy thanksgiving, even though I don't celebrate it. Anyways, the system has been updated earlier than expected, but I had to chance the pastebin link because I wasn't logged in when it was posted it, therefore it couldn't be updated. This is version 0.2: pastebin.com/atFsdSue

Once again, this is nowhere near playable, but it does have at least 40% better grammar and some better editing. Snakenecks and mermaids have been added to the race list (I don't much like the trait I came up with for Snakenecks, so any ideas are welcome), fighting style and Devil Fruits costs and creation has also been written down, but from a more mechanical stand point, not much fluff in there to get you guys inspired, that will come later. Bear in mind the rules can change at anytime.

All that beign said, I feel this is good enough to start testing out some characters, so go crazy guys, please, because I need the feedback to make this better. Any questions you guys have will be answered tomorrow, I promise.

Also, sorry for shitty grammar, posting on mobile is a bitch

Sounds good.

Glad to see you making progress!

Shouldn't there also be a slightly more "anything goes" option for weirder powers like Wapol's, Alvida's, or Buggy's?
They didn't explicitly become any new material, they just gained a new trait or power.

I feel like those three could fit into Paramecia's first option, it's just the (something) becomes a little wilder. In Buggy's case, he becomes a splitting human and can control his split body parts freely, if they are within range

What's your plan for the moves?

I played a kracken priest in a one piece campaign thats fighting style was summonong sea serpents, absorbing damage, and tackling filthy devil fruit users into the ocean

Now that we have some solid character creation, what kinds of characters should be our pregens?

First of, to use a move characters will have to spend Power Points (PP), whose value is calculated using the Body and Will stats.
Each move will then be rolled by adding one core stat and one style stat. Zoro's Onigiri would be a roll of Body and Finesse. Now, this is where moves differ from simple attacks: depending on how much RP was spent to create a move, you can alter the dice pool or add secondary effects.
This will be better explained within the system, but let's say the Onigiri move allows the user to add one success if the enemy is close to you, that will increase the player's chance of beating the Urgency required or scoring a critical.

Moves are meant to use each stats to various effects, so that no stat gets ignored and characters have a varied arsenal. Just because Sanji fights manly using his feets does not mean he cannot have a Move that uses Finesse instead of Melee, like his Plastic Surgery Shot.

The combat mechanics however are still up in the air, so much so that after I finalize the Moves and Equips section, I'm thinking about opening up a Discord for this to become a group effort.

I dont think we really need a discord to make this a group thing, honestly

Privateer campaign.

Go hunt down some pirates and sell their shit to the navy while getting access to navy surplus.

As long as I get some support later on, I don't care what we use

At the very least, one character who has a Devil Fruit and one who doesn't. Ideally, by version 1.0 it should have one example Devil Fruit for every kind and three example Fighting Styles. I'll not be focusing on this right now, but feel free to slap some characters together, I need to get feedback from you so I get fine tune point costs, RP cost and so forth

I want our zoan user to have a centipede fruit. Just putting that out there.

What would the character be like though?

Female marine commander, I say.

I'd say so. Not to mention to reach that level you would have to be playing a really long campaign.

Thats a shame, I feel like anyone who hasn't read One Piece is really missing out on an incredible experience.

As long as Awakening mechanics are not fully realized in the manga, I don't think players should have access to ir. Maybe strong enough NPCs

tried my hand at her.

>E. Gray
>Dream: to dissolve the Yonko and put the oceans back into Marine hands
>Human
>Body: 3
>Agility: 5
>Brains: 4
>Charisma: 1
>Will: 1
>Specialty [Interrogation]: 4
>Quirks: [Disturbing]
>E. Gray is unsociable and eccentric, and has a hard time connecting with others. Roll in disadvantage whenever a situation involves making a positive impression on someone.
>Traits: [Toxicologist]
>E. Gray is both knowledgeable and quite skilled in the use and treatment of poisons and chemicals. Roll in advantage whenever applying a poison to something or treating a poisoned individual.

>Devil Fruit: Insect Insect Fruit (Model: Giant Centipede)
>[Change Form]
>E. Gray may take the form of a giant centipede, granting her hundreds of legs, and powerful toxic mandibles.
>Melee: 3
>Finesse: 2
>Ranged: 0
>Manipulation: 0
>Special: 1

Copy that

kek

I also think we should have a pregen for both types of Paramecia as well.

Any thoughts?

Pirate all the way.

I just got here and haven't read over the system yet, but I like the dream and the zoan is a cool one. Any ideas on what her visual design would be like?

I was thinking she would be tall, maroon haired, and a bit pale. Probably has a bit of a spindly build and bags under her eyes

You know what, I think I'll try to draw her. Any other specifics about her? Also, what's her rank, so I can make sure to look up the right Marine uniform?

If this thread is dead by the time I can scan it in, I'll just post it in the next thread, or to start a similar kind of thread.

I'd imagine that she would be similar in rank to a commander or a captain since that's where most of the marine-oriented devil fruit users lie; plus I imagine her fighting with a spear or a trident in addition to her fruit powers.

Ooh, trident is good. Can even pattern it after the antennae of a centipede. Maybe a bident then?

A bident would work pretty good, I'd say.

she'll step on ya user

bump!

>Not seeking the ultimate freedom

Really so far it seems like awakening a Fruit seems rather simple.
Now not only can the user generate a [thing], they can turn other objects into that [thing].

What is the One Piece

my phat dick

money

friendship

the right to take boa sandersonia as your wife

The real treasure is the memories you made along the journey.

A mountain of gold but also the knowkedge of the true history of the world.

Would you punch a noble?

No, but I'd snipe a noble. Those fuckers walk around with just knights in armor for protection, who clearly aren't Haki awoken or super trained fighters, the dragons have been untouched solely thanks to their reputation and rank. One sniper round and the noble is dead and no one knows who did it.

>Implying they wouldn't just slaughter everyone on the island for it

Didn't a noble feed Hancock and her sisters their devil-fruits on a whim?

A bretty good series

You're a faggot and have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd be out of town long before that happens.

Yeah, she mentioned that they were force fed devil fruits just for shits n giggles.

please let me in that discord. I got that pirate hankerin.

what should our other pregens be now that we have our zoan?

Then there could be knights or slaves that have a devil fruit in the noble's entourage.

Possibly, but the only times weve seen nobles out and about, their guards were not even a passing challenge. The Straw Hats took care of the guards with ease on Sabaody, and in One Piece Gold, they took out the guards off screen so easily that no one even noticed. Besides, even if you have a DF, it doesn't mean you can protect someone from a sniper bullet.

Would a hole-making type fruit work well?
Allows the user to treat things as if they were 'empty'. Like... they can peel off a layer from something - it's lid- and place another object inside it before sealing it back up?

I like the sound of that.

So what would lewd devil fruits be like?

Robin's fruit is the lewdest.

>WIND TUNNEL

>lust lust fruit
>the user can pump up how sexy they are, more or less being able to mind control people with their appearance
>however, it only functions on those who would normally be able o fall in love with them (as in, a man with the lust lust fruit would only be able to control people who like men; lesbians and straight men would be their bane

Mizu Mizu no Mi
A logia type Devil Fruit that lets the eater turn into water

By nature zoans can be pretty perverted if they go full-animal form and live among their kind of animal.

Trying to get creative with lewd paramecias though, and you could get lost down the rabbit hole.

Pako Pako no Mi - Hole Hole Fruit
Allows whomever eats it the ability to generate holes - generally non-lethal when applied to organic material but there are certain work a-rounds and loopholes to this.

1 - Storage
User creates a hole with a defined amount of 'space' inside of an object, allowing them to put things inside of it. Items stored in this manner are at the peak of freshness until removed from box.

2 - Empty Space
Just creates a complete hole through a thing.
Still working on a use for this

3 - Transportation
Create a 'storage' hole in one place, walk in and create an opening somewhere else. Too much like Blueno?

A paramecia that can create and control amber; it starts out as a goo but then it turns hard.

We should start developing Haki after katakuri vs luffy, Oda's hiding some good things we may add as an optional stat that splits into 3 roots, with emperor's being done w/ some kind of simple but low chance RNG meme.

The works of an ancient oracle who foretold the coming of a new era and detailed the events which would lead up to a massive world shaking event. This has been sealed away by the WG because it foretells their downfall. Unfortunately the oracle, Eiichiroo D. A is said to have died before he was able to finish.

Gawddam the things that woman could do.

I'd say that Emperor's Haki should be a bought privelege with DM's permission.

Anyone got some input on this?

Sounds like it could be a logia

You’d need to set some limit on how big a hole can be, otherwise you can just cause things to disappear if the “hole” is bigger than the object it’s made on

>a paramecia that turns the eater into a chain human; allowing them to turn parts of their body into manipulatable chains

>a paramecia that allows the user to create and control plastics

>a molten iron logia

>a root beer logia

>a silt logia

>a magnetite logia

How about a Paramecia user with caffeine powers?

>Any liquid they pour becomes caffeinated
>Can pat someone on the back and fill them with caffeine, either as a boost or in large enough doses as an attack to a person's nervous system
>When the user is anxious or excited, they tend to have a little build-up and find it very hard to sleep for days on end
>The eater of this fruit becomes two feet shorter, due to the old wive's tale of growth stunting

>Folder "Wake-Up" Grounds
>Age: 37
Height: 4'11
>Occupation: Pirate
>Dream: Hunt down and marry the Snooze-Snooze Fruit eater

>Folder Grounds was a regular lowlife pirate drifting through life on his quick draw and quicker wits. One day his crew's chef went overboard and never came back up. Nominated as the new interim chef, Grounds goes through the cook's stuff to start dinner one night and finds a Devil Fruit in his trunk.

>Grounds of course tells nobody and eats it without a second thought. While cooking he felt no real change, but as he poured his Captain a drink he felt his hands bursting with energy. The entire crew was up all night partying and slept all day. But not Folder.

>Folder, for reasons beyond his understanding, was up for two weeks straight. He began to hallucinate and yell at everyone about the demons in the water until they kicked him off the crew and dropped him off at port.

>Over the course of a year Grounds learned to control and understand his caffeine powers, but slowly shrank in height and found it harder and harder to find sleep. He heard tales of a beautiful woman on the high seas who has the power of the Snooze Snooze Fruit, which lets anyone she blows a kiss to sleep soundly.

>With a new goal of finding and marrying this lovely young woman, Folder Grounds jumps from crew to crew working as the perfect Lookout. Every night he eyes the ocean, looking for the woman who can grant him a good night's rest.

Rather have the transport hole work like a portal from Portals, it doesn't remove you from the playing field like Blueno.

The empty space thing would make it a great defense if it could put a in front of you that projectiles disappear into, or maybe avoid damage by letting the creator make their existence a 'hole', attackers just fall right into the user

Have it able to create holes in peoples memories.

Look up the Spot from the Spiderman franchise for inspiration.

>after katakuri vs luffy
that could potentially take months, user

What substances would make for cool logia.

Neon.

Oil

Stars.

Nebulae dust.

Tar

Shattered Dreams.

Food maybe. Played a game where a character had a jello logia, that was pretty wacky.