How much do dragons eat in your setting? Happy /t/hanks/g/iving by the way fa/tg/uys

How much do dragons eat in your setting? Happy /t/hanks/g/iving by the way fa/tg/uys.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38945430/#38999101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A healthy stream of bard penis.

>villagers want to give you good luck
>they accidentally kill you
poetry

They don’t eat anything, they’re non-organic.

I don't think they were trying to give the croc good luck.

but that's what it says in the headline

I don't think they were giving it free food for the hell of it

They were trying to get good luck dumbass, that's why their called worshippers not "people who want a croc to be lucky"

killing your good luck charm doesn't seem very lucky, so it's still poetry

>Be chicken
>Watch chicken brethen be fed to fat croc
>you are next in line to di-
>the croc spasms
>Carl, a Chicken you once knew hangs out of the crocs throat half dead
>The croc dies
>Phew
>Villagers figure you are a super lucky chicken
>They begin feeding you lots of grain

>be kernal of grain

>be kernal of grain
>see grain bros from same crop being fed to an oversized chicken
>you are next in line to di-
>the chicken flips over and flaps
>you're hoping to John, a kernal on the same stalk, but he does not appear
>The chicken dies
>Phew
>Villages figure out you are a super lucky grain
>They plant you in a pot and start wetting you with water from nearby springs

>be drop of water

A cow or two per active day. They don't have many active days, since kobolds are there to do most things for them.

>Be a bucket of water
>Villagers are spilling your water bucket brethren into an oversized water drop
>Jane, the bucket in front of you, is poured in
>A giant flood occurs killing everyone nearby but leaving you totality unharmed
>Villagers start reinforcing your metal

>be drop of water in one of the few remaining buckets in the world
>my bucket is being poured slowly to sate the lusts of some freakishly oversized megagrain
>I'm mere centimeters from the lip of the bucket
>there is a creaking noise
>Tracy, my one and eternal love... she's gone over the edge of the lip in despair... to die early and not suffer the pain of anticipation
>the trunk of the stalk bursts open in a mass of tubes and water, killing some of the villagers
>it is dead
>The villagers now think this bucket, myself and my bretheren, is divine and sacred
>They start doing freaky shit to create more water to add to us by using electricity to combine hydrogen and oxygen atoms

You don't need electricity to get them to combine, they're QUITE happy to do so with just a little spark.

People have sacred beasts as boss fights all the time but in reality, sacrifices don't fight back and a pampered overfed animal/monster is not going to be very good at fighting.

depends on how many wyverns they can catch.

Honest question: Are you retarded?

Am I weird for wondering how that croc would taste? I've eaten crocodile meat before and it was pretty much like chicken, but then so does most lean non-mammalian, non-fish meat. Fat is where a lot of meat's flavor comes from, so what does croc fat taste like? I need to know the answer to this

>Ironic
>Poetry
I mean, close enough.

>Go to Florida, pick up a crock
>take it home.
>Worship it for good luck
Bada Bing Bada Boom. Fat croc meat for the user.

It depends on their age. Dragons who are still growing are ravenous motherfuckers, eating about half their weight in meat every 2-3 days. It's not much when they're small, but once they become 2 tons heavy they turn into bottomless pits of food. Once they reach maturity (100 years, at most, and some 10 tons heavy) their need for nourishment is reduced and can survive for weeks with just a few hundred kilos of meat, so getting something big killed (like a dire elk, a mammoth or the like) serves them for quite some time. Ancient dragons (800-900+ years) hardly ever eat, because they spend most of their time sleeping or in contemplation. The same quantity of food that serves an adult dragon for about a month can sustain them for at least a year.
Dragons are rare in my setting, though. If they were abundant, full blown wars over food and game between them and the mortal races would devastate the world.

>be lump of coal

A few packets of ramen, all of my fucking beef jerkey, some of the tinned meat in the pantry, an entire large jar of peanut butter, half the orange juice (the rest gets left on the floor), and whatever else he can find around the house.

he also found and raided my liquor stash

Nah, they feed you to next Luck Croc in order to get super luck.

Hasnt been decided yet. Saw this thread on my way to Worldbuilding General for ideas/inspiration/tips

Dragonborn presumably eat a lot though since their confederacy is one of the main world powers, alongside the Triton city-states, a Tabaxi Empire, and a Yuan-to empire

At least one overweight peasant a week. Sometimes more if the dragon is getting ready to sleep for a while.

In the game im playing in the fatter dragons tend to be more social and peaceful, usually intertwined with society. As a result they dont tend to get as large sizewise as wild/feral dragons that have adapted to preying on creatures, true hunter species. Its not uncommon for "domesticated" dragons to be hunted, primarily for sport, by feral dragons.

the main world race are redwall esque rabbitfolk

Dragons don't need to eat meat, although it does help with their growth. Instead they feed on magical energy and precious metals/gems.

>How much do dragons eat in your setting?
Both surprisingly little and surprisingly more than you'd expect for a creature their size depending on the dragon

I like the idea that dragons are just as much being of elemental energies as they are flesh and blood, as such they are both partially fueled it and can use it to process near anything. Dragons don't really have to worry about starvation, that's not to say they don't want things other than rocks (though most do enjoy precious metals), just that they don't need to. In fact the primary motivation on how much a dragon hunts/demands sacrifices be fed to it isn't hunger but if it's more lazy or glutinous.
Additionally, dragons don't really have to worry about overeating either, a particularly glutinous dragon can gorge itself on village after village or depopulate a forest of life and have nothing to show for it other than a somewhat thicker tail and hips, (As that's where most reptiles store fat), it's appetite is limited mostly by how quickly it can shove things down it's maw or if can be tempted to pause and feed another vice

user, my dick-
Please stop
keep going

I don't get it, is this a reference to something?

I got your reference right here

?

I hate this board

Spamming memes isn't going to help me understand user

Please delete yourself

Quite a lot. They are solitary, top of the food chain predators and they keep growing as long as they can increase their territory and sustain their growing feeding habits

That feel when you wont ever have a dragon rip your clothes off, lick you for a minute then devour you whole
>that feel when life is meaningless

Shit thread lets talk about something more meaningful like, why in this day and age do people STILL think the emperor is funny and good??

Why wouldn't they just eat the clothes?

Not the guy youre talkin with but have you ever tried to eat a piece of clothing? Or at least bit one? Instant boner killer trying to chew and rip the bra off my girlfriend because holy shit those are bitter.

Well if the dragon devours them whole why would it chew clothes?
Also I'd imagine a dragon could eat a far more wide variety of things than humans and wouldn't be as picky

>That feel when you wont ever have a dragon rip your clothes off, lick you for a minute then devour you whole
That feel...

Also surprised how long it took vore to come up

Power Rankings:
>God Tier
Endosoma
Lick kisses
>High Tier
Cuddling
Soft Vore
Body Worship
Tail
>Pleb Tier
Hard Vore
Horns
>Shit Tier
Disposal
Brap

This is indisputable.

The fuck is this thread?

>How much do dragons eat in your setting?

Dragons and Wyverns will typically swoop down and kill a Buffalo or Aurochs and not need to feed for another 2-3 days, but if they can manage something a little more substantial such as an Elephant or Hadrosaur then they can potentially go a week without food- typically engorging themselves on everything including the bones before heading back to their lairs to sleep it off. Deprived of suitable prey, they'll start going after smaller animals that aren't typically worth the effort such as deer, boars, livestock, and even people about once a day just to keep their large selves fed.
Babies/Whelps on the other hand need to eat way more frequently due to how fast Dragons/Wyverns grow in their first few years, but they're so small that this usually doesn't effect their parents feeding habits since they can just regurgitate something they've eaten previously or just dump a half eaten kill for them to consume at their leisure.

Eh, I'd shift things around depending on my mood but High and God Tier are good

That feel when the dragon goes from small lick kisses to long, broad tounge stroke lick kisses to just engulfing your head in its maw to maximize tounge to face, to finally accidentally swallowing you/soft nonfatal vore.

/d/ making the point for a lot of bad folk with long knives.

Tg is all the boards when it can. d is not an exception, not at all.

>This is indisputable.
How can a list without the best vore sub-fetish be indisputable?

Everything else need not apply.

in b4 no gag reflex is mentioned

What about if dragons ARE food? Hunted for their hide, and their unique meat. Each dragon species tastes a little different, and dragons arent above eating their rivals, preferring to prey on rival young and eggs.

that croc died very happy.

At first I thought you meant dragons have no gag reflex

...I could buy that actually

I don't DM, so the closest I've got is just a personal setting I use for daydreaming. Like having many imaginary friends I don't directly interact with and who are all much cooler than I am.
There's several varieties of dragon, but the main three are common, hammerspace, and aroma. All being creatures of magic, how they get and eat their food is almost as important as how much food there is; a kobold tribe ritually sacrificing the fairest man and woman of a raided village to their common dragon master/mistress will sate the dragon better and longer than if the dragon devoured half a dozen random cows.
Common dragons' appetites vary on size, from a chicken lasting a few days to consuming a dozen cattle over a week.
Aroma dragons don't grow much, and are usually happy with a couple turkeys a day.
Hammerspace dragons can survive on like half a hot dog per day. They are very small and cute.
That said, many dragons like live human (or furry race) prey, either because of physical sensations, more filling due to magic reasons, or it's their fetish. For most dragons, one human/furry caught and/or killed by them will last for a few days. Hammerspace dragons can live off of the energy from one human for well over a month, but will want more anyway.
A skillful mage/wizard/title of choice can "feed" a dragon with magic; this is much less filling than meat, and infeasible for large common dragons by all but the strongest of mages.

Due to magic shenanigans, it's technically possible for a dragon to immunize themselves against starvation. Not a single dragon has ever tried, because they'd be miserable; "living" and "living well" are two different things.

Mine don't. Some will even automatically swallow if you push something into their throat. It's just really, really hard to kill them from within because my dragons are often made of plot armor.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to learn more. It reminds me of that Dragon Next Door korean manga.

Bare human flesh tastes better to the dragon than clothes, obviously. It's like asking why someone would peel an orange.

Move Cuddling and Tails to God Tier, add Cockvore and CV Disposal to lower-High Tier.

>the dragon's eyes go wide as their throat tenses
>they try to stop it a bit, but as they pull more of you in, they quickly give in
>they lean their head down by their belly in hopes you'll hear them better
>"I'm sorry! I just... you tasted so good, and I wasn't watching how far back you were!"
>"J-just stay calm, I've got a spell somewhere for this. Try to stay out of the acids as best you can, okay?"
>scampers over to spellbook
>[panicked dragon reading noises]
>soon teleports you back out
>some minor acid burns on your forearms and hands
>agree to set up a bunch of protective spells before getting that deep into kissing next time

>dragon prey
shit taste desu
Though really, my setting has dragon meat be a sort of magical booster, with both a strong short-term effect and a subtle long-term one. Tastes pretty bad, though, and undercooked dragon meat can cause a lethal mana overload; additionally, it's nearly fireproof anyway.
They're absolutely hunted for their hides (tough, fireproof, fashionable), bones (durable, sturdy, lighter than expected), and fangs/claws (powdered acts like an in-universe +X bonus on nearly anything it's applied to) though. Flesh is generally used for magic rituals, executions, or feeding to another dragon.

Extremely adorable and hungry dragon only tangentially related. Someone in /trash/ made this for me a long time ago, and I still love it.

>>[panicked dragon reading noises]
>>soon teleports you back out
>>some minor acid burns on your forearms and hands
>>agree to set up a bunch of protective spells before getting that deep into kissing next time

>Not having him find and cast the protective spells first
>Not having it only occur to you much later when you're out to ask why it took him so long to remember teleportation spells exist

Is this is Nigeria? I know the Yoruba worship Oya and consider crocodiles her messengers. They're actually somewhat tame to a degree due to the worshippers caring for them.

>wanted to post in worldbuilding thread
>scalie /d/ fags have taken over and will drown out any actual ideas with l-lewd spam
This is also why we can't talk about elves and orcs, either, fetishists have ruined them. I hate this fucking board and all of it's users.

There's a door. RPGpundint or RPG.net are sure to welcome you

It's more that he didn't really see that as a possibility. He just got really into kissing, lost himself in your flavor, and realized his mistake a moment too late.

Feel free to share your ideas. Most of my setting is fetish I've attempted to somewhat round out.

>get home
>food wrappers, cans, empty styrofoam containers and random stuff around the house scattered everywhere, leading up to a huge pile in the living room
>turn the television off, mountain starts moving
>angry and confused roars greet me as dragon gets up, mad about the tv
>go to try to clean it up and get stopped, he has claimed these drink cans for his hoard
>hear movement and clanking behind
>some random chick getting up from the trash, drunk and delerious
>what the fuck
>"i kidnapped a princess too!"

You had me until cockvore and any disposal.

I know im a degenerate fuck but cuddling/snuggling/tail and belly rubs/lick kisses/sleeping together snuggled up in eachothers embrace is the best i can do.

For fucks sake cockvore just sounds so goddamn wrong

You think it could happen to a dragon?

Of course it could! That's one of the folk hero tales told among humans. All the king's knights who tried to slay the dragon fail, but one hard working farmer saved the town by over feeding the dragon.

You are a dumb motherfucker, you know that user?

As magical creatures, they eat magic. They eat magic items for their spells and living creatures for their souls. Their diet also includes the magic inherent in the symbolic value of things, such as precious metals, virgin maidens, and the last droplet of dew settle on a mountain top until the second coming of the chosen hero. The greatest of wyrms nibble on the oldest magics which determine fate and the nature of everything, devouring entire timelines and planes of existence.

No, I meant when he was looking through the spell book after swallowing
Not pre-planning, just opportunism

Sounds like dragon propaganda.

DIDF pls go

this guy knows whats up

Oh, good idea then.
>Hey, when am I getting back out? Don't teleport spells exist?
>"Er... the one I usually use is self-target, and I think that'd bring you with me. Teleother can need a lot of finesse to do properly, so I'd rather find something to make me regurgitate you."
>...Okay. And how's that going?
>"Bit slower than ideal."
>Oh. Wait, is that music I hear... are you playing Mario?!
>"..."
>"Um, bit distracted. I'll get you out of there shortly. Definitely before the protection spells wear off in a couple hours."

I agree that willing fatal is dumb and consensual, tender endo with copious amounts of snuggles is the best, but some part of me still likes being so thoroughly overpowered by a dragon that he can force me down his massive cock, my struggles doing naught but lust-addling him further until he gives in and starts stroking himself while his body turns mine into his cum, to be released in an even bigger than usual pool of hot dragon semen. Or to spend some time hugging and being licked by my dragon, getting nudged down his body with barely-suppressed draconic need, rubbing his throbbing dick bigger than me to get both of us even further in the right mood, and slowly, with his help, slipping my feet, then legs into the sensitive shaft, then gazing back up to his head to see him give me a reassuring smile when small, playful wiggles don't pleasure him enough to break his facade and moan. The potent, musky smell of his cum would grow stronger the deeper I sink, until I'm entirely consumed and the taste, smell, feel, and sounds of his lust fully surround me and I ready myself to peacefully relax in a literal cumbath until he decides how to get me safely back out.
Which is really weird, because I used to see CV as laughably absurd and completely unfappable.

That crocodile looked cute.
F

>>"Um, bit distracted. I'll get you out of there shortly. Definitely before the protection spells wear off in a couple hours."

>"Er... making no progress, mind if I sleep on it?"
>"YES!"

>because I used to see CV as laughably absurd and completely unfappable.
It happens, longer you spend on /than/ more fetishes you pick up

>
Let's learn how to tie a noose,
It's easy if you're not obtuse,
All you need is a piece of rope,
And abandon all your hope,

You make a loop and the snake goes down,
But changes his mind and turns around,
And climbs back up to the top again,
This is where the fun begins,

You take the snake and spiral down,
And at the bottom, What has he found?
The snake goes into the rabbit's hole,
Then you give the top a pull,

Now it's ready for your use,
This is how you tie a noose.

>Feed the croc til the sun
>Feed the croc for good fun
>Feed the croc to get lucky

Completely unrelated to the topic at hand but thanks. I just got a notice in the mail that I got "downsized" out of a job just before the holidays and I didn't even get any comp/holiday pay, and I still owe about two grand to pay for medical bills because I had got into a wreck a while back.

This is just what I needed, thanks m8.

>You know, it must be really frustrating.
>"Yeah, I should really make an index for this thing."
>No, I mean, you clearly like my taste, but can't taste me when I'm in here.
>"...oh. Yes, I agree."
>Sucks for me, too. Won't get to hear your moans from using my hands, won't get to make any of those myself.
>"Y-you don't say..."
>Mmhm. Anyway, sorry for distracting you from your search.
>"Hey, more motivation is always nice."
>he silently makes a note to "find" the good teleother spell in an unsuspicious amount of time

>>he silently makes a note to "find" the good teleother spell in an unsuspicious amount of time
Which he conveniently "forgets" next time this happens

Nah, he just needs you to remind him that the agreed time with you inside has passed. To his credit, surely the protection spells will be much longer lasting, just in case he "accidentally" "falls asleep" before then.

Might be a good idea to invest in permanent protective spells, just so they don't have to keep doing it every time

Consider emotivore dragons, with lairs set up to inflict their preferred feeling.
>dragon feeds on suffering, den is full of torture equipment
>dragon prefers happiness, cave full of toys and pleasant music
>drowsiness dragon, Pachabel's Canon and Praeludium I For Well-Tempered Clavicord (?) play slowly and continuously
>dragon likes to nibble on epiphany, has numerous assorted puzzles scattered around, traps low-interest captives in escape rooms

That would make more sense, I think. You don't want to make your partner distrust you, especially when you need them to trust their life to you when you eat them.

>shit taste desu
What if the dragon wants to be eaten?

I hate you furry vore faggots the most

Varies depending on their style. The dragons that prefer a diet of pure meat (Because veg is for lower beings) need to eat a LOT cause they're hunting most of the time, and eventually have to resort to eating other dragons once they get too big in age.

Meanwhile the SMART dragons just poly themselves into something much smaller until they need to activate their trap card to unveil their true form.

>that feel when someone screencaps your question and its replies
hm.

Goddamnit never change Veeky Forums.

Eh, I like either though personally I like nonpainful/enjoyable digestion when it's a thing

>Which is really weird, because I used to see CV as laughably absurd and completely unfappable.
Same

>to be released in an even bigger than usual pool of hot dragon semen
Personally I prefer the idea it leaves them aroused and needy, sending off looking for a partner to help them get some relief, which it odd as otherwise I massively prefer dragonesses to dragons

I regret missing that thread
Also for the later two ideas on emotivore dragon, what would lure people to their lair?

>That would make more sense, I think. You don't want to make your partner distrust you, especially when you need them to trust their life to you when you eat them.
Eh, I could see them teasing/scaring their partner a bit to spice things up but yeah, a long term relationship would need trust

I vaguely remember a thread where a princess somehow talked a shapeshifting dragon into letting her eat it as part of a scheme to escape/kill it only to find out afterwards it's durable enough that a human stomach doesn't really harm it, in fact it found her to be quite cozy and refused to come out

>Meanwhile the SMART dragons just poly themselves into something much smaller until they need to activate their trap card to unveil their true form.
I don't know what I like more, the idea this actually works due to the opportunities it opens up or the idea it doesn't and the human form dragon can still put away a dragon's size portions of food

>read thread
>want to write lewd green for it
>know doing so would kill the thread
Fuck. I don't care about the 3 day ban, I just like seeing neat derg threads continue.

The best dragons poly themselves into smaller dragons, then convince adventuring parties to take them along with them.
>"My mother said it's important I learn how other sapients think and behave."
>"Having a flying, firebreathing companion should prove useful, no?"
>"I wanna be an adventurer when I grow up, too!"
Naturally, they escape mysteriously unharmed from fierce battles, as though incredibly lucky or under protection of spells such a small derg couldn't possibly cast.

>spoiler
Also good; I just like it more when the dragon's pushed all the way to the breaking point, possibly even to where they resort to sucking themselves off to get relief.

>and refused to come out
>the princess, knowing full well he could starve her without anyone else realizing, is successfully blackmailed into doing more and more for him
>eventually trading her situation for a Hades-like deal
>3 months of the year, she "voluntarily" attends to him at his cave, safe but servile
>the remaining 9, she is free to live as she would
>secretly from everyone else, the dragon takes a few months to cozy up inside her, usually distracting her or offering insight
>Stockholm Syndrome sets in on both of them

>or the idea it doesn't
*hammerspace dragons intensify*

Dragons are rather extreme omnivores, but they generally prefer to hunt magical creatures like Blast Squirrels or Unicorns (which are weakly magical but are still more efficient than regular horses). They can also eat plants though, either devouring entire trees like giant reptilian panda, or seeking out and rooting for more magical reagents like Nightlilies or Faerie Rings (Mother dragons with newborn young actually seek out Faerie rings, because the soil contains important intestinal flora for dragons).

Fire dragons in particular are also lithovores, although they go there for other reasons than nutrition. They find rocks high in sulfur or fluorine, and use those to make the self-oxidizing mixture that fires out of their mouths.

Dragons are hunted only by sapient races, Wyverns, and Giants - Dragons are otherwise too large for most other predators to kill. Elementals, while easily the right size to kill and eat dragons, don't actually hunt prey for sustenance, although on occasion dragons can be caught up in an Elemental and be killed or consumed.

All in all, Dragons consume quite a bit just to continue living. This, combined with their low birth rate and limited deaths by predation, combine to make them the textbook example of an apex predator. Aspiring dragonslayers should stand advised that via the Coronezia International Hunting Agreement of 1974, Dragonslaying is permitted only in certain areas in the southern regions of Dahkhest, and limited areas of Southwestern Caliburn. Illegally hunting a dragon can carry a fine of up to $1000000 AvD, as well as up to 20 years imprisonment in the country the crime took place in.

>Fuck. I don't care about the 3 day ban, I just like seeing neat derg threads continue.
Same,
It's odd, sometimes I get a three day ban for green sometimes I don't, but if you're who I think you are it seems you get one everytime,
which is a pity, I love your stuff

>The best dragons poly themselves into smaller dragons, then convince adventuring parties to take them along with them.
I remember an idea I had about a vain dragoness who picked up the idea from humaniods that young=beautiful (when dragons typically think the opposite) so kept herself polymorphed into a younger age category and kept getting pissed when she wasn't treated with the respect a dragon her (actual) age deserves

>I just like it more when the dragon's pushed all the way to the breaking point
Same, just like him holding it in till he finds someone to help him

>>Stockholm Syndrome sets in on both of them
I remember in that thread it was suggested that as time went on the princess started manifesting side effects, while she isn't able to digest the dragon the magic it's giving off causing her to slowly pick up dragonic traits, mostly little things at first like minor bits of magic and enhanced strength/durability/longevity, her appetite shifting to one more akin to a dragon's palate and dragonic size, maybe one or two traits that could lead one to believe she has a dragon ancestor, course the longer their arrangement stays the more she's bound to change

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38945430/#38999101
Not the same thread, but related.

I think the draconomicon has a spell like that actually, though it's for nonliving matter
Like this one better

Certainly more potential for hijinks, though I'm not sure you'd get away with it in a serious game.

What villagers?

Pretty much anything you could do with a bag of holding and a bottle of air, even more given you can't really be disarmed of it
Though you do have to jump through more hoops given both this and the draconomicon's version requires the target to eat anything it holds but I can see it as a real useful smuggler's spell for a rogue or the like to have a few scrolls of

Ha ha crocs are goddamn stupid

Hammerspace is cancer.
Cock vore is cancer.
This thread is cancer.