Drow Skintone

What color is the skin of Drow in your world? Also, more topically for me, does anyone have any ADND first edition pictures of Drow in color? I'm curious what their original canon skintone was. I've seen some second edition stuff that was brown, and of course third edition ranged from gray to black to dark blue.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_gray
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Varies, just like human skin tone. Pic related is how I imagine the most common hue.

I thought it was always a vague purplish

NIGGER ELVES

I personally like Drow with completely transparent skin, like organisms that live exclusively underground in real life.

I always thought it was one of those really deep blacks, so black they're almost purple.

In mine they're pale as heck. They do live underground, after all.

?

I have the same. Mine are weirdly pale and white haired and with larger eyes. They are broken into two types, the city elves whose use of light and magic keep them looking pretty much like just weird pale elves and the wild elves who live in tribes out in the dangerous underdark wilds. They are eyeless and have large ears and are can smell and hear really good to make up for living in total darkness.

>What color is the skin of Drow in your world?
There are no drow in my world

Beautiful.

Blue skin, white hair, red bikinis.

>The female spider priest is not making the weak male use the bikini and dance for her
She has a weird taste but who am I to judge

Black as midnight, baby. Ain't got time for no white-ass jive motherfucker surface elves.

If I would bother to change the appearance of drow in my world why the fuck would I be using drow?

>Drow are all 70's jive turkey blaxploitation archtypes
Yes.

Pitch black. If their skin isn't the color of obsidian then they are a filthy halfbreed and are one step above slaves in the eyes of Drow society. Even the female halfbreeds are despised.

Yes dear.

>so black they're almost purple
That's not how it works.

Is this even English

The closest to Drow are voidtouched fae.
At the final stage of a voidtouch infection, they resemble little more than vaguely-humanoid clusters of fungus and flesh, but earlier on, their skin becomes translucent with a slight matte - exposing their xylem and phloem

They explicitly have dark grey skin in my most recent setting. None of that near-silver bullshit you see in a lot art: I'm talking downright ashen. They're a feudal matriarchy that sell spider silk to their neighbours, basically acting as a cultural stand-in for Japan. They even wear silk kimonos and shit, and wield thin blades made from shitty ore. And yes, they're pretty weeaboo, 'though I'd like to think that I've included other, more original aspects and cultural hooks so that they're not just an analogue for the Silk Road and Asia is general.

But yeah, I've never been a fan of the blue or purple skin tones, either; monochromatic is where it's at.

I go for completely white/lacking any pigmentation whatsoever, and that they sunburn incredibly easily. To avoid this, they slather themselves with thick ointments/muds/etc when going on the surface. Seeing Drow with or without their paint is what's led to conflicting reports on whether they're black as coal or white as mutton-fat.

there are no drow in my world

Nah. Purple drow are cancer.

I have them as going from at lightest a little lighter than the image I posted, and at darkest something like pic related.

The tone ranges since they're literal negative elves.

I understood him perfectly, are you retarded?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_gray

I use Battleship, Gunmetal, and Taupe Gray.