Tfw going through a depressive cycle and can barely do anything, even stopped making threads for the most part

>Tfw going through a depressive cycle and can barely do anything, even stopped making threads for the most part
What does Veeky Forums do whenever you're like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j6eFNRKEROw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drink heavily.

I'm not kidding, I just stay on the cutting edge of sloppy drunk for as long as possible. There's a reason I'm on pills.

Go Buddhist.

>Wait, why do I even give a fuck in the first place?
>realize that (for the most part) you can just think yourself happy
>realize that you don't even need to want to be happy if you want to
>fuck it all, do what you want

Take more vitamin D, work out more, take a break from Veeky Forums if you need to, spend some time working on projects or trying stuff you've always wanted to try but put off like drawing or gardening.

I have faith you can turn things around user. No underhanded sarcasm hidden in spoilers. I sincerely wish you the best user.

youtu.be/j6eFNRKEROw

Shitpost about my favourite legion in 40k generals

>Take more vitamin D, work out more, take a break from Veeky Forums if you need to, spend some time working on projects or trying stuff you've always wanted to try but put off like drawing or gardening.
This is fantastic advice. I like to write personally.

Go for a walk, spend time in the sunshine, read something you enjoy. I'm a lonely loser and every interaction with humans I have outside of work makes me miserable, but honestly, keep your chin up. Fake it till you make it and eventually you'll genuinely be happy. Alternatively, you can come to canada and I'll play commander with you while we drink ourselves stupid.

I take medication to help me with that kind of issue, so I can't help you much other than some general life advice, which follows.

Have you talked to anyone about these cycles? You make it sound like this is a regular thing, which isn't good, since it really isn't supposed to be a thing people have to deal with. You should find someone to talk to about this and maybe get some help or medication or whatever will assist you in handling these feelings, it'll be a huge quality of life boost, promise.

>spoiler
You degenerate fuckstick, how dare you say that to me?! Nah you're alright, user, real positivity is refreshing.

Consider hiring a hooker. They help

I haven't really spoken about them to anyone, don't really see the need to since I'm in and out of them every now and then, there's barely any harm done.
Are you sure medication is gonna help? I don't mean to be a pessimist but from what I've read they aren't the best for you.

I'm assuming you have a job and are not living in filth at least, if not, fix that shit.

Step by step guide.
1. Sleep 8 hours and wake up between ten and noon.
2. Wash a full set clothes in a real washer with soap.
3. Shower under hot water for at least 20 to 30 minutes and scrub your entire body with soap, pay extra attention to your hair.
4. Dry off, shave off all facial hair, put on deodorant and three sprays of cologne (not axe body spray), spray and comb your hair.
5. Get dressed in the now clean clothes, grab your wallet, keys, some nerd stuff in a bag, and, this is important, leave your house before 1 pm.
6. Get to closest Jack in the Box (or whatever you want, I don't know your tastes) and eat some food. I don't care how you do it, walk, bus, or drive, just do it.
7. Get to local game store, hang around with other nerds, show some polite interest what they're doing.
8. Introduce yourself and ask what's going on.
8a.The Most important step when talking to these random people is don't talk about yourself or your problems unless the specifically ask you a question. Nobody wants to hear your life story, but they might want to know where you came from, so keep your answers within the context of the question.
9. Hang around as long as they'll let you. After awhile you might exchange facebook contacts or phone numbers, you are now friends.
10. Repeat these steps at least once to three times a week.

Loneliness will kill you, it almost did with me.

>Shave off all facial hair
I refuse.

Just keep it trimmed. The idea behind that post is grooming and self care.

Holy shit, I literally did all these things and it made me feel fantastic. This user know whats up.

One slight addendum:
>buy a blender
>buy frozen fruit, whatever you like to eat, if you're at a loss, I usually like Mangos, Papaya and Pineapple
>buy protein powder, and a fiber supplement
>throw all that shit once a day into the blender, drink it for breakfast, wash your blender

You'll feel full, probably lose weight, and it'll help you get healthier which can definitely improve your mood.

Beards are for attractive looking or extremely lazy people. I know I'm not attractive, but I can at least pull off the fat friendly fellow. Like John Pinette.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBjvlUwALI

Medication or no depends on the individual. A lot of the time it can really turn people's lives around, but going to see a psychiatrist wouldn't hurt.

It's hardly a guarantee, but I can attest that medication can really change your life for the better. Doesn't work for everyone and works differently for those that it works for at all, but it can be pretty amazing when it works. You should definitely talk to someone at the very least though, depressive cycles aren't good for you and they're clearly affecting you pretty heavily if you have trouble posting on an Indonesia cooking advice symposium.

>even stopped making threads for the most part

See, there's your problem. You stopped making threads. If you had made more threads you wouldn't be feeling depressed.

Personally I can say meds don't always work. Been on so many different ones since 2010 and honestly I don't remember being happy outside of the time I spend with my wife and birds. I can't even bring myself to find a game group, granted I move too often for it to matter. I honestly might try some of these myself.

As I too have depressive cycles, first thing I would suggest is to get on medication if you aren't. Once we've established you're treating your condition:

remind yourself that this is temporary. Your life isn't a miserable pile of despair forever. Insist to yourself that this is just a delusion of your mind, and while your depression IS real and your feelings ARE valid, it's not permanent. It will pass, like a nasty cold or a bout of drunkenness.

Get some sunlight. take some vitamins. get plenty of sleep - 8 hours minimum. Go outside and walk around for a bit, aimlessly if necessary.

>work out more
This desu

Nerds are horrible persons though. They're just going to make you worse

Some nerds are terrible, and you won't know until you get to know them. Just like any other group of people.

>I'm assuming you have a job

>wake up between ten and noon.
>Shower for at least 20 to 30 minutes
>leave your house before 1 pm

Take a double dose of mushrooms or other DMT related substance. Repeat weekly until you feel like getting laid.

This is probably terrible advice, but I just continue on with my life until enough good things happen and the depression goes away

I tap into my deepest autismal powers to keep me going. I draw strength from the obsession. Let there be only forward, user. Nothing else.

think of all the suffering chineses and how you must save them from the evil chinese empire.

Sure, lot of nerds are awful.
But consider
1) if you meet a couple of cool nerds there, now you have tabletop buddies or a burgeoning rp group
2) if you meet a couple of assholes you have story time for Veeky Forums that guy threads
You can't lose!

nice near-quads. looks like you got some shit you need to fix before you can take some real advice, huh?

>7. Get to local game store, hang around with other nerds, show some polite interest what they're doing.
>8. Introduce yourself and ask what's going on.
>8a.The Most important step when talking to these random people is don't talk about yourself or your problems unless the specifically ask you a question. Nobody wants to hear your life story, but they might want to know where you came from, so keep your answers within the context of the question.
>9. Hang around as long as they'll let you. After awhile you might exchange facebook contacts or phone numbers, you are now friends.
this is contrary to everything in my country's culture, everyone will think you're either drunk or insane

working out, reading a book, watching a good positive show like BnHA, do something buildy-makey (sandbox vidya, legos, sculpting stuff, drawing, writing shit)

I like this reaction image, gonna steal it.
Never understood buddhism. Why do indian religions seem to be founded on someone's midlife crisis?

I would mostly retreat for a bit, watch some funny videos, a good ol' comedy and then start writing down whatever idea for a campaign/encounter/setting/character had sprung to mind in the interval.

Just take a step back and then focus on the things you like. It should get you on track.

t. former depressionfag

Double down on overtimes, being in the office forces me to be active even if I don't feel like it. And there's always more work.
Sleep off the rest, with just the bare minimum bodily maintenance for food and hygiene. Easily 10 hours of sleep a day.
Repeat until I feel like doing something other than work.
Follow with additional boost of consumerist happiness when salary delivers all the overtime money.

Buddhist are the only kind of people that wouldn't call suicide permanent solution for temporary problems. To them it's the other way around.

>shitposter stopped making threads, wat do?
Nothing, the problem resolved itself.

>Implying posting on here isn't a major factor in being depressed in the first place.

I'm not the user crying for help. I just wanted to point out that some people have 9-5 jobs.

That advice does still hold for weekends though.

>everyone will think you're either drunk or insane
The recipient of this advice *is* a socially-isolated depressive