Your next adventure will take place in the SPECTACULAR FUTURE OF THE YEAR 2000!!

Your next adventure will take place in the SPECTACULAR FUTURE OF THE YEAR 2000!!

>YEAR 2000
Even the Jetsons was the 2060s

2001: A Space Odyssey was ...
uh

No one said that it was 2000 ad

engage the space thrusters space cadet, then get me some space coffee with some space sugar

Ok, REAL IMPORTANT distinction here.
Are we talking Buck Rogers or Barbarella Space Future?

Is this whole thread just going to be us continually disproving his arsertion?

Because that sounds like a damn good thread.

I could go with either really

Yeah and Lost in Space was the fucking 1990s.

And we're fast approaching the point where the original Blade Runner film will be set entirely in the past.

UC goes for that long? Man, you'd have thought people would have gone back to GP-02's concept.

What did you mean by this?

Granted, the Metroid timeline doesn't use the Gregorian calendar. All the dates are given along the lines of "year 20X5 of galactic history", who who knows at what point their calendar starts (my headcanon is that year 1 of galactic history is the founding of the Galactic Federation, but as far as I know there's no canon answer).

You know, it looks like she has a chastity belt on in that picture.

What system would be good for games set in retro futuristic settings?

GURPS Tales Of The Solar Patrol
Rocket Age
And if you want an even older retro futurism, Space 1889.

Spelljammer.

IN THE DISTANT FUTURE OF 1992, WAR HAS RETURNED TO THE GALAXY

Does this mean I get to play
UNDERWATER CROQUET?

forgot pic

>Year 2000
>not being a proud member of the aviation police that keeps our airways safe

Close enough.

Get on my level

Ok

Fuck that series was perfect

>hips
>HIPS
>T H I C C

If only the real 2000s were as stylish.

That jet is gonna burn her ass right off

They'll start nuking each other, of course.

That picture is an ad for star citizen

Maybe it works without burning or heating the gas.

Safety First

>Transgender
>Muslim

So should I stone him for degeneracy, or for being outside without a man?

ROLL TO STARBUCKS

>the future of space
>feminauts wear skin-tight suits and cute bubble helmets
>but for some reason they fly around using expelled jets of superheated plasma
Okay

that's not far fetched from reality, I only say Skype

why not both?

>The other would be a "control servo," to signal that the robot train is obeying orders - or isn't, and why.

Hey user, you got more of those?
This is the only one I've seen before, I thought it was a one-off until today.

sold

Fallout Moon

Elon Musk is planning just this very thing in the near-ish future.

It's pretty outlandish how much progress he's projecting but he's done pretty well so far. I'm optimistic at least.

Out of all the pictures in this thread, this one's definitely the most far-fetched.

>needing an on-site human overseer to run a fleet of warehouse robots

Aieou?

He talks big, but all he's doing is noticing when the technology is there to allow what he wants, and givin a small final push with all his power and brains because nobody else seems to be bothering or figuring out the proper timing.

> "would utilize concentrated sun rays to treat cancer, skin diseases similar ailments."
I think they meant "cause" cancer.

Does this count?

>mfw no Gloryhammer

IN THE DISTANT FUTURE OF THE YEAR 1992, WAR HAS RETURNED TO THE GALAXY

Stanislav Petrov made the wrong decision.

>Everytime somebody brings up science-fiction or favorite varieties of it on Veeky Forums I bring up retrofuturism
>Nobody cares
>Finally a retro-futurism thread and there's tons of interest

I don't understand but I don't have to.

>One time in an SCP-inspired setting I played as a 'super-scientist', a character who explicitly used a minor psionic ability to build inventions that would not actually work by real physics. Basically a Genius from Genius the Transgression.
>She devoted her time and energy to creating retrofuture nonsense in the name of bringing about the WORLD OF TOMORROW.
>Fought weird and impossible horrors with a chrome ray-gun [not a laser gun. A motherfucking RAY GUN] and rocket boots.

Its a shame that game ended so shortly. Best moment was probably the time the police detective in the party realized the 'toy pistol' I brought was the genuine article.

I mean, they weren't technically wrong...

The basement dwellers of the future are so lucky! And his mom is hot, too!

Sexual reassignment surgery has been legal in Iran since 1987. Ayatollahs Khomeni, one of history's more famous monsters, issued a fatwa recognizing the basic human right of Muslims to live as the gender they choose, which makes it kind of ironic that he had more compassion and respect than you.

Bullshit! It had nothing to do with letting Muslims live as 'the gender they chose'. It was put forth as a cure to homosexuality, on the ridiculous logic that it isn't gay if we make the gay guy a woman.

That's right Anons, in Iran it is official, religious law, that traps aren't gay.

About half of all of Iranian Cabinet Ministers have 'wives' that are simply men who were given the choice of cutting off their dick or cutting off their head.

Elon Musk is very good at hyping things to death, but very bad with actual facts and science.

A plane has a one in 11 million crash chance. A rocket, even the best of the best we can build today, is closer to one in 100.

Putting aside the enormous cost and the numerous technical difficulties to make the venture profitable, a rocket is still orders or magnitude more dangerous than a plane, and Musk has a sketchy record of not actually exploding his rockets.

It's like the Hyperloop. He surfs on the hype and doesn't particularly care that it is scientifically impossible or so difficult it won't be done before a good century. People like him: he promises the future, but forgets that the future he is talking about is on the order of centuries. And people give him money and fame, and that's everything that count.

Pfft like everyone doesn't know this.

The man wants a Mars colony and needs side projects to make it happen. A pipe dream of Rockets replacing Airliners will help investors take an interest in SpaceX.

>People like him: he promises the future, but forgets that the future he is talking about is on the order of centuries
People like you said that human organs would be scrambled if they ever went over 25 miles an hour. A century ago people were still dubious about powered Flight at all. Let alone getting anywhere in the world within the hour.

Came to the thread to post this.

>Skin tight catsuit
>chastity belt
Gee wiz Billy, the future sure is kinky!

>This one weird trick to burn fat will shock you!

I don't trust him either, but I think Reaction Engines have a good chance of making it work. If nothing else I trust a company run by aerospace engineers over one run by a web entrepreneur.

Sometimes being visionary means being obstinate and vain and self-interested and pushing that future just a little bit closer through sheer willpower (and throwing vast amounts of money at it).

I don't like him as a person but without people like him we'd still all be farmers.

>Man, that space pilot is fuuuuucked.

Can we move back 8 years?