Alright, kiddos, I'm currently in a 5e campaign and my DM is a massive cunt. He loves to, for no legitimate reason...

Alright, kiddos, I'm currently in a 5e campaign and my DM is a massive cunt. He loves to, for no legitimate reason, hand out permanent debuffs (decreased max HP, weakness to certain damage types, etc.) and i'm looking for ways to fuck with him.

HARD.

Currently running lvl. 8 Great Old One Drow Tomelock. Gimme some ideas on how to make my DM cry.

Correction, lvl 9. damn you, tiny keyboard.

Kick him in the crotch. That should make him cry.

Don't. Talk to him like a person and don't be a cunt.

Complain constantly that the game would be better if you guys were playing 3.5 or Pathfinder instead of 5e. That should drive the DM up the wall.

Just leave. And stop playing 5e, it's made for That DM.

>system that is almost impossible for PCs to die in
>for That GM

Warhammer Fantasy, Paranioa and Call of Cthulhu would like a word.

>that is almost impossible for PCs to die in
What? 5E is a meatgrinder. Keeping people alive requires a Cleric of Life on hand, nobody else can meaningfully heal and damage comes fast and free because AC scaling is difficult and damage reduction borders on nonexistent.

A meat grinder compared to what FATE? 4th edition? I can't tell what your frame of reference is.

Well I don't know about that guy but compared to 3.PF it's less grinder at low levels but maintains that level of player death all the way through where 3.PF quickly spirals into unkillable demigod territory. 4e of course is allergic to player death. In 3.PF I've never had a character die after 5th level that wasn't brought back in the same session and in 4e I've only ever had one character die ever. Could have brought him back but I was bored with the character anyway so chose to reroll.

Comparatively my current 5e character just bit the dust during a political dispute, the party couldn't retrieve the body and we don't have the materials for a True Resurrection so that level 15 character is toast, he's the third character to die this campaign.

Anything I'd suggest would require you to have balls, so just suck it up and suffer.

Leave game or or Do shit constantly that makes the GM need to reference rules and then drag him down into a shitty debate. The game sounds broken, might as well drag it into hell.

Leave the game

Write your complaints on the piece of paper with reasons why it is bad, unfun and not in the spirit or rule of the game. Read them out in front of a group. Call him a bad game master. Leave. Spread the word of his bad style.

Talk to your DM you fucking idiot manchild.

Turning it into an arms race will just implode the game. You're better off leaving, at least that will save everyone some time.

>Wants to piss off the GM for giving out player debuffs
>Playing BY DEFINITION the edgiest possible character that can't use a Katana
>Nobody in the thread calling him out

Maybe your GM just hates you cause you're a giant faggot and giving you any advice like a real human being is pointless.

talk to him ooc, tell him the permanent-debuffs thing isn't fun or intriguing, and ask him to stop. If he says no, leave the group, or offer to be DM yourself

>4e of course is allergic to player death.
I've seen more party wipes in 4e than any other edition. What are you smoking?

Roll a 4e Warlord and determine your dice rolls by drawing from an Uno deck. When you use Draw Two or Four, draw that many and add them together.

Leave the game and find a new one that you enjoy.

>5E is a meatgrinder.

It's about as far from a meatgrinder as possible. I've played in and DMed hundreds of hours of 5e and in the games I've ran, I've seen 4 player deaths. All of them at 2-3rd level. And when playing, I've only seen one party member die, and it was his fault.

Advantage/disadvantage really negates a lot of threat from the edition.

Eh, the two seem made for eachother.

>Turning it into an arms race will just implode the game.
I think that's the point

I've had about 20 TPKs in about the 30 campaigns of 5E I've played so far. It's really the opposite for me, once a single person drops it's easy for everyone to drop unless you have a Cleric of Life around. Ordinary castings of Cure Wound and Healing Word just do not keep people on their feet and are rarely worth the spell slots it takes to cast them.
With a Cleric of Life it's a different story as Mass Healing Word can rejuvenate quite well in the middle of a fight, but not every party is going to have that one same archetype.
I've even had two TPKs at 20th level. And one near-TPK when a Death Tyrant (a single CR14 monster) just happened to get lucky with its rays and the players got unlucky with their saves.
So yeah these anecdotes are pointless.