>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/after-pax-im-lost-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the IQ of the average Vampire player?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

First for Tzimisce

Average vampfag? Normal
"Death can't affect disciplines fag? I'd wager 40

Lower than their waist size.

So if the pastebin v20 is missing shit.

Who has the final version for shares...

Are all VtR clans roughly the same population wise?

Aren't the Tremere the largest clan?

so how would you turn a mage into a vampire wihtout them losing any spellcasting ability.

Real thread this way.

Think about what you just said, my friend

>being butthurt noone wants your shit thread

>mfw too intelligent to play anything other than mage

>used to be a masquerade supremacist
>slowly coming to think requiem is better

Aren't they?

Reread my post

Is that a yes?

>Are all (VtR) clans roughly the same population wise?
Hope that was explicit enough for you

I do not understand. Please help me.

I was talking about Requiem, not Masquerade
The Tremere are not a Clan in Requiem
This is my last polite post user, if you purposefully misunderstand me I shall be very upset

Please. I just don't get it.

Delete this and never post on this board again

Higher than yours, that's for sure.

The past few days make a lot more sense if you frame it as just one person arguing with themself.
Why? Who knows. Would knowing why improve things somehow?
Perhaps they do it to stave off loneliness?

Or, more likely, one butthurt vampfag arguing against the regular magefags, with Changelings butting in every so often

That's just what they would want you to think!

We all know how much you LOVE vampires, fagness.

>preferred masquerade
>discovered mekhet
>now prefer requiem
who else

Honestly? At least a little bit. I leaned too hard on the secretive research angle though. Made for a character with many interesting angles that no one sees, in practice this makes the character not very interesting at all, from a player standpoint. Need to figure out how to avoid that in the future.

Why's there like fifteen clans in Masquerade but only five in Requiem?

OWoD > CofD

All you need to know.

>bloodlines are more of a thing in Requiem
>clans mean shit its all about what order you belong too

how cucked are we

not at all

what is wrong with the m20 how do you do that book?

>how do you do that book?

I take it out to dinner first.

Which would be more annoying to the technocracy?

Someone who believes in magic but not their hypertech?
Or an ally who believes in magic and EVERY sort of hypertech (meaning etherite stuff too).

Would using Riddlekith to change your own Kith call for a clarity roll? Changing your splat on a whim is still a powerful ability.

Sounds like a fairly big life changing shakeup to me.

>Fifteen
There's 13 in modern nights, DA had also 13.

The former are just the Traditions, i'm not sure if the latter is possible

>How many Mages does it take to change a light bulb?
>Just one to hold the bulb in place while she rotates the world around her.

Surely, given that the literal default function of Riddlekith is to do this, they would have mentioned if it was such a horrifying experience for the user.

Realistically the only difference between a clan and bloodline in Masquerade is how much fluff you're given

I was reading dark ages mage, and while they didn't give complete stats for them, giants have ridiculous amount of health levels.
Like one that's a very skilled warrior could have 140(!!!) health levels.

What the actual fuck.

>Rigid Mask (•••)
>Prerequisite: Subterfuge ••
>Effect: For your character, the protection of the Mask extends far beyond the usual mortal camouflage. Perhaps she can sense the subtle magic that turns her smile into her Mask’s smile, or her true face is strongly connected to the one that lets her interact with humanity. No one fooled by the Mask knows when she’s lying or what she’s feeling unless she allows it. Mortals automatically fail rolls to notice these things, as do polygraphs and other mundane lie-detecting devices. Supernatural creatures must engage in a Clash of Wills to notice her lies.
>Drawback: Intentionally dropping your character’s Mask deals her a point of lethal damage in addition to the normal rules (p. XX).

I have a sudden urge to try to build "Unchained" Changeling when 2e comes out as an experiment...

I want to run Dust to Dust but theres no map of Gary in the supplement

Did i miss anything? Is it in Chicago by Night?

I just ported Mekhet into Masquerade. Or, rather, ported all Masquerade stuff into Requiem 2e mechanics, and threw out all Requiem lore save Mekhet. They're literally the only thing of worth I've found.

I don't know shit about Anarch. How are they cooler than Carthians (my favorite covenant in Requiem)?

>so how would you turn a mage into a vampire wihtout them losing any spellcasting ability.

This might be is a possible way in mage the ascension:

It's unclear if being turned into a vampire destroys the avatar (like gilgul), or just makes it leave the body (like being stabbed to death by an angry hitmark or woof).

In the first case you just need to figure out how one would reverse a gilgul. You would still probably need the following though, as the avatar would probably leave even if it has been reconstructed.

In the second case you need spirit 4. Spirit 4 is the level at which you can bind spirits into stuff.

In addition given stuff like the spell that turns you into a lich (from the dead magic book), this is further supported. That rote says the mage needs spirit 4 to bind her avatar into her body. If she don't use it, her avatar leaves her undead body.

Is that all you are going to need? Possibly, yes.
As long as the avatar is still connected, the magic should still work.

Stuff that kind of supports that is the v20 black hand book. Vampires can use awakened magic by connecting their souls to a mage.

Anyways, if that does work there are going to be further complications.
You are probably going to eat some permanent paradox.

The beast is going to be the avatars new roommate. Hope they like each other?

It will probably mess with gaining arete, in the black hand v20 books tell us something about ghouls and revenants (who kind of have the beast)
Ghoul mages can't gain arete, while they are ghouled.
Revenant mages can gain arete, but it is capped based on their humanity/path score.
There are also potential outside problems.
Like pissing off the Tremere (the clan), and pissing off Tremere (the former mage).
Remember to insult them from a safe distance.

im not really sure why I wrote this.
Mage supremacy? idk.

They're the same thing except the Anarchs have legitimately threatening, monolith enemies to rail against. They even have the same fascination with Carthage.

Do they create magically binding laws and pursue greater unity? Do they have political infighting? Are there Anarchs who treats Humans and proletariat and those who treat them as means of production?
If not what's the fucking point!

*view humans as proletariat

>Do they create magically binding laws

No. Well, yes, but not in a way that's unique to them.

>and pursue greater unity

Yes.

>Do they have political infighting?

Every faction in Masquerade has political infighting. The entire game is about political infighting. Carthians are basically the covenant for people who still want to play Masquerade in this respect.

>Are there Anarchs who treats Humans and proletariat and those who treat them as means of production?

Yes.

By political infighting I meant infighting motivated by political discourse and ideologies.

That would also be a yes.

Look, the honest way to sum up the Anarchs to someone that has only played Requiem is simply "they're Carthians, except their enemies are much more powerful." Carthians are Anarchs without the history.

Yes, every sect in Masquerade is made up of different factions with different solutions to the problems they face.

Okay cool, I am sold. Anarch is arguably better name anyway.

is the mega not working for anyone else?

That's a good point, more so since other contracts do list if they cause clarity damage.

>guy who wrote Tzimisce: Revised clanbook and Clanbook: Baali is a gay who lived in Saudi Arabia

It all makes sense now

>tfw all I want is to find a chill group of normies to play VTM with that actually follow the lore

GM for us, then.

>56596117
explain

bumping this

Why does the Society of Ether hate Spherical Earth Theory so much?

I was reading the v20 ghouls and revenant book and saw something weird.
Why the fuck do ghouled animals have mental scores so high? a ghoul gorilla has intelligence score of 4, thats smarter than like 70% of humans

ghouling people doesnt make them smarter, whats the deal

Best guess: It was proposed by Void Engineers, who also were responsible for push for scratching of luminous Ether out of Technocratic consensus.
Briefly: Spite.

How the fuck did this thread survive the other one

Because shitposters always win

It was shared first and other thread has zero content.

>Lower than their waist size.

So we still talking about genius level then?

How can the earth be flat if its hollow though?

it's like a flattened berliner with the custard sucked out

Question about alternative mage

First the differences.
>Mages are pretty much priests. They get their power from supernal masters.
>Attempted to overthrow the gods.
>Fail
>The power of the mages is massively reduced.

How could I translate that into rules?

Ignoring that its dumb, you use Hedge Magic or Proximi for stats depending on which Mage you're talking about [I'm assuming Awakening since you said the word supernal].

Wrong, never post here again

What if i like both?

You can't like both. You have to pick a side.

Then you are okay

OWoD is much better, only Geist is unique, prove me wrong protip you might be able to have a stimulating discussion based on why you like what you like

Masquerade > Requiem (Although I might be changing my mind on this)
Apocalypse < Forsaken
Ascension = Awakening
Dreaming < Lost
Oblivion < Sin Eater
Reckoning < Vigil

>Oblivion < Sin Eater

Oh please. Do fuck off.

Hey dont get me wrong, I love Oblivions lore, but if you're actually trying to suggest it's better as a game then you're literally (and i mean literally) mentally retarded

Oblivion is pretty difficult to run, probably more so than either Mage.

Nothing is harder to run than Mage, user.

>probably
theres no probably about it, Oblivion is notorious for being hard to run

Reminder that Life can defend against Disciplines.

Leave that poor vampfag alone, he has a hard enough life already, being retarded and all

Don't do this

Clans in VtM are hats.
You can have little accents and different colours to differentiate hats of the same type. But there only so much you can do to a beret or a peaked cap and still keep it within that category.

So individual vampires in OWoD always seemed to be pretty samey within Clans.

Clans in VtR are coats.
You can alter and flourish much more on a coat and still have it be recognizable as a trench coat or a smoking jacket.

So I've always found less pressure to make cookie cutter character concepts in CofD

That's pretty ridiculous user. There's numerous ways to play to a Clan, or even play against the Clan [you didn't choose who embraced you, probably] besides just playing it straight.

I disagree, I think the only thing limiting a VtM clan is your imagination, however, I agree that most players play as you describe

IMO NWoD is mostly better, save for Vampire.

>Masquerade vs Requiem
Obviously, Requiem 2e is the superior system. I don't run Masquerade anymore, I run Requiem with Masquerade lore. However, when it comes to the setting of the game, Requiem is dreadfully dull - WW tried to do something new while being too afraid to really change things up, so they ended up with stuff that was essentially Masquerade with all the interesting stuff removed.

>Apocalypse vs Forsaken
Apocalypse lore is awful. It's some of the worst stuff I've ever read. The preachy neo-luddite shit, the obsession with native american stuff without understanding shit all about it, the furry fetish bollocks - it's all shit, and it makes werewolves speshul snowflakes rather than cursed monsters. Aside from a few things, like septs sort of making sense, Forsaken's lore and werewolf condition are far superior.

>Ascension vs Awakening
I really like both. I prefer Ascensions concept of enlightenment, but really, theyr'e both close enough to one another that it doesn't matter. Obviously, Awakening 2e is the better system.

>Dreaming vs Lost
Dreaming is heavily underrated, but it doesn't fit WoD at all, and it has the misfortune of being measured against Lost, which is the best game WW have ever made. Lost has god tier lore, god tier, design, and is just generally great.

>Oblivion vs Sin-Eaters
Completely different games, it's almost disingenuous to compare them. They both have extremely strong concepts and lore, but have problems in their writing and mechanics. Sin-Eater wins out slightly by having a better system, but I don't consider these two 'opposed' to one another.

>Reckoning vs Vigil
Vigil is better. It's just a fantastically well designed game on every level. Reckoning... it's not a bad game, but it kinda swerves away from being a game about humans fighting monsters pretty early on and suffers for it. Vigil just offers more variety, more interesting concepts, and great mechanical design.

>Lost, which is the best game WW have ever made. Lost has god tier lore, god tier, design, and is just generally great.

I bet you worship Hill

Requeim is not dull - it just allows you to create your own games without relaying on metaplot fluff
There is no concept from Masquerade you could not recreate within Requiem
Agree on everything else

Ethan Skemp wrote changeling you retard, not Hill.

This is frankly a stupid comparison, and the idea of "oh, you can't be TOO different from the 'biker thug' stereotype as a Brujah or the 'corporate lord' stereotype as a Venture otherwise your character will be a mess" is just laughable.

Hats and coats can both be customized to your heart's content, as little or as much as you want.

As always, you should just play whatever the fuck you find fun, and not give two shits about what some random nitpicky dweeb on the interwebz insists about "stereotypes vs archetypes, REEEE".

>Vampire

Agreed on all fronts.

>Werewolf

Slight disagreement, there's parts of Apocalypse lore I like [like most everything about the Triad, as well as Wolfs in space through the Umbra]

>Mage

Mostly agree, though I vastly prefer Ascension's lore and tone. Awakening is probably better for horror though, and some of its Legacies are really cool [Chrysalides I like]

>Changling

Haven't played either. I disagree that it doesn't fit WoD though. If the Sons of fucking Ether fit the WoD, I don't see how pixie elves don't.

>Ghosts

Agreed on all fronts. I really like Sin-Eater just for the shinigami-psychopomp concepts. I look forward to 2e updating things.

>Hunter

Never played either, whichever one is just normies fighting monsters I think is better thematically.

Couldn't disagree more. The full spectrum of human characterization is available to Masquerade clans - and the game points this out often.