If your character came across a Devil Fruit, would they eat one?

If your character came across a Devil Fruit, would they eat one?

Other urls found in this thread:

www(DOT)fantasynamegenerators.com/one-piece-devil-fruit-names.php#.WhlBE0qWbRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Would I know if it a devil fruit?

For argument's sake, yeah, your character will know what a Devil Fruit is.

Sure why not. Got a random list where I can see what my power is?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
A random power list. What I got Mental_Attribute_Sense. I not am sure it match their three type.

Well the rule of thumb with Devil Fruits is that anything that isn't an element/force of nature (Logia) or an animal (Zoan) is a Paramecia.

Also, as fun as that may be, something like a powerlisting random power doesn't really work with Devil Fruits, as their powers (specifically Paramecia) are far more specific and based on a concept rather than just a power, like being able to turn into mochi, being able to turn anything into a door, or being able to slow people down.

>AdEva

LCL isn't seawater, right?
Character's dumb as a post, so they'd eat it anyway, but still.

Without hesitation.

Doesn't have to be seawater. Any water, when more than halfway submerged, will trigger the Devil Fruit's curse. You're only safe if it's running water, or less than half (and even then, enough water can still weaken a DF user, at least up to the knees)

Besides, depending on the Devil Fruit, you could totes fight Angels on your own.

I tried googling it, but there was way too much superfluous information for me to get anything beyond
>one piece
>magic powers
>3 types of things
>valuable

Devil Fruits are mysterious fruits scattered all over the world. Eating one will grant you incredible powers, but in exchange you are cursed to never be able to swim again. You can only eat a single Devil Fruit, eating more than one causes you to blow up.

The Devil Fruits come in three categories
>Logia- The rarest fruit type. Logia fruits grant the user the power to become, create and manipulate a natural element, for example, sand, ice, magma or even light. Logia users are extremely powerful not just because of their elemental powers, but also because they can become their element in response to attacks, meaning they are untouchable except to their weaknesses (like rubber for lightning)
>Zoan- The category of fruits that grant the user the power of an animal. Zoan users possess the power of a single animal, and can change between three separate forms, the users natural form, their fruits full form, or a hybrid of the two. Zoans do not possess flashy powers or crazy abilities, but they do make up for it by bestowing the user enhanced strength and endurance, as well as whatever natural abilities their animal has. There is however a class of Zoans based on mythical creatures that grant the user special powers (like instant regeneration for the Pheonix Zoan)
>Paramecia- The catch all category for everything else. These powers can range from gaining the properties of rubber, to being able to create and manipulate wax as hard as steel, to being able to create earthquakes to even coming back from the dead (once). Paramecia's are the most numerous and most varied of all fruit types.

And yes, they are valuable, as the majority of the strongest people in One Piece have Devil Fruits, but they can also be sold for a shit ton of money.

Rolled 3 (1d3)

Absolutely, my current character has and would eat anything out of curiosity. He isn't the smartest boi.
Realistically, the swimming curse is actually a curse, because his ability to take a fight to water and just drown people has been a trump card of his for some time.

Rolling to determine fruit, then gonna cycle random powers until I find something fitting

Got Orbital Field first try.
>User can create or cause an objects or energy to orbit/surround them that they can use as a shield or to attack.
I'm gonna make an executive decision and claim this is a magnetism-based ability. I can make a strong, albeit short ranged magnetic field that can pick up small bits of magnetic metal and use it as point defense shielding or as projectiles.
The power isn't optimized for the projectile use, however, and can't apply much more force than throwing the same object would, though it is much more precise.

This seem like something that would fit within One Piece as a Paramecia fruit? If not, what's wrong with it? If yes, is Magna-Magna fruit an unclaimed name?

No. His whole schick is being a humanoid sea serpent/naval warfare weapon, and not being able to swim would kind of fuck him up royally

There is a magnet based Devil Fruit, it hasn't been named yet, but it is used by Eustace Kid. He has demonstrated being able to attract and repel metal of any kind, and draw it to himself, such as gathering all the metal shit in an area and making a giant arm out of random shit.

I never got that shit. If he can stretch like crazy, wouldn't his density not matter at all? Just stretch your hands out into paddles and wave them to go up. It ain't that hard

Not sure what you mean, but if you're talking about the Gommu Gommu no Mi, the user can't just stretch like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man, he requires force to stretch out, thats why Luffy always throws his arms or legs around when he attacks, so they snap back, or if he stretches other ways he has to apply force to the stretch, and like rubber, his body snaps back if theres not constant force applied to it, so Luffy can't just stretch his body into shapes and keep it like that.

Being underwater basically makes you dizzy enough you can't properly move iirc, I seem to recall that when he got stuck underwater he basically became human taffy and got stretched around unable to move.

When the curse activates it drains all strength from a DF user's body. So even if they had some crazy power that could help them out, they physically could no activate it of their own will. It's why DF users are called hammers, cause they sink in water, and when they do they are useless.

It's not a great hero that needs a devil fruit to be great, or a hero.

The whole "you can't swim" as a curse for getting powers on par with shit like "punch apart an entire island with earthquakes" only really makes sense in a setting where 99% of the world is oceans.

Yeah but having super powers is pretty fucking sweet

Interacting with water makes you sink like a rock, it kind of defies logic by you sinking even if you shouldn't. Like if you took a block of balsa wood or an inflatable pool toy, and did that technique where a devil fruit can be imbued upon an inanimate object, that balsa block or pool floatie would still sink.

Super powers? Sounds like a super crutch to me. The only power a man needs is his own, of body, mind and spirit.

What happens if a Zoan devilfruit is linked to a mythological aquatic or amphibious creature?

Chances are that isn't possible. There haven't been any fruits to my memory so far which are as heavily dependent on the sea as an aquatic-zoan would be. Who or whatever the sea devil is that's responsible for all these fruits might be a dick, but he's not THAT cruel.

So far, there has been no aquatic Zoans, and only one Amphibious Zoan, and it was a giant pile of poisonous chemical sludge with the power of an Axolotl

Fishmen and Mermaids seem to cover the whole "aquatic hybrid person" category well enough.

still curious what benefits a axolotl fruit would give, regen limbs and such over time?

Would it let her fight evil better? And/or change fate?

You're and axolotl, thats benefit enough

Depends on the fruit and how well she can use it. She may get a fruit that will improve her fighting ability decently and give her new tricks, or she may get a fruit that will give her the power to turn into living magma

Ahem

www(DOT)fantasynamegenerators.com/one-piece-devil-fruit-names.php#.WhlBE0qWbRY