What do you love most about roleplaying?

What do you love most about roleplaying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2SF1iLXSQto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not having to be myself.

This.

Creating compelling, meaningful and interesting stories with my friends. They might not stand up if you directly compare them to some grand work of fiction, but for us, the experiences we shared are truly special and unique things we'll all remember for years to come. It's great.

Wish Shad would do more vidya stuff like this and less political satire.

youtube.com/watch?v=2SF1iLXSQto

Maybe not the most popular answer, but for me it's the problem-solving aspect. Roleplaying games are almost like puzzle games to me, in that you get a problem, you get a toolset (characters, magic, equipment and other in-universe resources, material or otherwise), and then you have almost complete freedom in how to use those tools to solve the problem, while also trying to cooperate with the other players who have their own ideas about this, while ALSO staying in-character and not just metagaming everything to shit. I enjoy that more than anything.

>Man of Shad

This

What, is he doing Trump and Theresa May fucking or something? I've been out of the loop.

Yep.

I can be a hero.

Well which specific part of "not being yourself" is most pleasing?

skirts and dresses

I want to see him do more memes and shitposting.

just American stuff, but plenty of it

That makes us enemies!

Because I'll never be a Bladesmith/Samurai who has been given a mission by the Goddess of the Forge to save the world in real life.

Not with that attitude!

The loli part

The ability to murderrape people and steal their shoes without getting thrown in buttfuck jail.

I thought I was the only person who enjoyed that part.

It’s why I prefer low-power-level games and somewhat more narrativist systems— lower power levels are easier to think about and more flexible mechanics give you the broadest scope for thinking up possible solutions.

I do kind of cheat because I usually play smart characters, thereby giving myself leeway to use a really good solution if I happen to think of one.

being married to the person i wifed years ago for being so fucking detailed and realistic about life.

they skin deer and hunt, fucking damn haha
i love it.

being a cute girl

Last night, I tied down a gnome (pc, not npc), and castrated him with a morning star as a punishment for raping three men.

Need I say more?

The chance to believe in something, if only for a few seconds at a time.

POWER

UNLIMITED POWER

morning star sounds like terrible choice of a tool for gelding

it is the only time of the month i interact with humans in real life.

So like Trump and Kellyanne Conway then?

I think that was the point.

Like Frank Horrigan and The Chosen One.

Being someone who doesn't have a body falling apart due to genetic shortcomings.

Builds

Less ass-eating and dickgirls.

THIS BURNING DESIRE...

TAKING ME HIGHER AND HIGHER!

Slaying monsters and murdering wizards.
None of it are possible irl

is this some abstract kind of... okay, I'm genuinely not sure, but it isn't Loss

IS TURNING ME. TO. SIN.

To be the hero and adventurer I always wanted to be.

It's an abstract of that blue thing coming out of a mousehole that people post when someone mentions Shad.

If you want to see an original just post a thread in /v/ with a Shad picture as the OP and someone will surely have it. It's the one thing mobile-posting faggots are certain to have.

>Never any Quasimodo art

Just. Fucking. Kill Me!

>being young dashing and handsome and having naive ideals about the world and able to enjoy life to its fullest

To know and do good. In real life there are too many ways to make things worse, even with good intentions. Too many things you just can't know, too many things you just can't do. In a game, you know the rules, and good intentions can be abstracted into good results.

>wanting fem Quasimodo
>not fem Frollo
pleb taste

>Wanting to do good
In a setting where you can become a immortal lich or a evil powerfull sorcerer you choose to be "good"?

Being a cute punk girl

It's too easy to be an evil sorcerer in real life.

Not that guy but yeah. I guess my power fantasies are all screwed up and backwards.

Having a story where my best friends get to be the main characters.

for better or for worse.

Sometimes I pretend that I'm a Hero and that I actually matter to someone... I like pretending...

agency, drive

Shitty threads asking what I love about roleplaying.

Are we talking just clothing style, or personality and the whole deal?

It gives me an outlet to create interesting characters that people care about (or at least pretend to like to further the plot along) so I don't have to resort to writing fanfiction

A solid reason to regularly meet with my pack that everyone enjoys, even if it would be close to impossible to just meet and talk with the exact same group.
Essentially - for providing excuse to get the pack in one place and time and have fun together.

Getting to finger my mate's girlfriend because they made the mistake of applying "You have to act it out" to an ERP.

Its like reading a good book, but you are now part of it so its exciting

I never thought about it that way, but I'm with this user. That's why I like games that let you improvise skills or powers, or designe them to your liking. Not only you get to use tools to solve problems, they are the tools you personally created for the game.
Feels great.

players ridiculous plans.

You're kinda fucked up, buddy.

Being myself. Cutting away the filter where I am revered and calm. and being a fun yelling swearing over the top type of guy.

Isn't that just Lady Tremaine? I try to imagine Frollo as a lady, and she pops into my head. At least in looks.

I can be a cool monster man instead of a fat, balding loser.

The ability help people and make positive change

I'm a forever DM who's only been a player a couple of times, but I love DMing for my players.

Seeing them get really into the world I set up, getting to manage politics and stuff in the world that they might never experience that still impacts the overall world, manipulating them as BBEGs. All that shit is great.

I enjoy playing but not as much as DMing I've realized

Being a part of exciting stories. My life is fine, but mundane

That's not a fiend. That's paladin of merciless god.

>being this autistic

Where the fuck do I find this comic?

Kill 6 Billion Demons

>That pic
That cup really looks like it's just mass produced for shitty souvenir shops.

Purpose in life

Chin up!
Anyone can crossdress on cam nowadays. I believe in you.

Im 196cm, 102kg 30y construction worker.
are you sure?

Being a version of myself I want to root for.

Well, anyone CAN do that stuff. Doesn't mean anyone else will buy it, but you technically can crossdress.

It's unlikely he cares enough to notice that.

No, that's a wheel.

Hey I get it.

I'm the opposite of the old 80s table topper trope. Instead of being a nerd with the power fantasy of being a big buff guy, I'm a big buff guy with the power fantasy of being a nerd that's good at math and engineering. Mark my words one day I'll build my giant robot.

Some people get lucky and have purpose thrust upon them

Most of us have to make our own purpose in life

The best of us make their own purpose in life.

Make your own purpose.

Wouldn't that be even more hilarious to him?
Humans would still be pouring years of man-hours, technology, transportation, and a well-enforced level of socially applied value over a single cup.

Hell, the fact that people actually get snobby about where a cup even comes from is already hilarious in its meanlessness. It doesn't matter if a teacup was crafted from the backyard of a pigfarmer or the sound of countless princesses weeping for the first time; they both get filled with hot water and plant leaves so someone can drink "fancy water".

Not failing at literally everything.
Though it would be nice if the dice could play along and give me a win now and then it'd be pretty cool.

Friendship. I have friends outside my RPG circle. But in my gaming group I've found true friends. Friends who live 2 countries away from your own country and are willing to travel more than 500 miles 'cause you are in deep shit. People I've grown up with for more than 2 decades.
I enjoy GMing, telling stories, roleplaying.
But all of it can't beat friendship.

Being able to help people I hold dear, be happy, and make a difference where I am

That seems like a lot of work just to get a comic.

When I was a kid I wanted to make evil characters that ran around causing trouble because I was convinced I was a good person. Now I'm nearly 30 and I know for a fact I'm not, I just want to play my paladin and pretend to be a good guy.

The stories I get out of it. Ask anyone who plays dnd or any RPG and they have tons and tons of stories. All of them happy memories with their friends.

I don't get why this picture keeps getting posted. Even if it's a nice cup, the person who made it won't see it being destroyed, and the fact that it's a masterwork isn't inherent in the object but the artist. I mean, it's a waste, but it's more petty than diabolic honestly.

>roleplaying love thread
>posts fallout 4 lewds

Makes perfect sense

>posting my wife

He's laughing at the fact that humans waste their lives on things that don't matter. It's not about the teacup, it's about the idea of the teacup. The time, skill, and effort required to make something that genuinely doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Basically inferring that humans are trivial and meaningless creatures.

Many such teacups got broken that day. So many in fact, that the event became know as Battle of Teacups.

But that's not the point he's making there - he really just want to emphasize how meaningless individual humans and their daily toil are on grand scale of things.

And not passing the opportunity to call his reluctant ally deviant.

I guess it makes sense for him but humans find meaning in what they do, so I don't see how the craft is meaningless. Oh well I'm probably just overthinking it. I should check out the comic.

Oh they have meaning in their lives but his point is that in the actual cogs of the universe that teacup and the persons lifetime spent perfecting the craft is pointless.

>in the actual cogs of the universe that teacup and the persons lifetime spent perfecting the craft is pointless
unless it's the craft of cutting

To be a cute shota again

Contrastingly, I like Roleplay since I insert myself as the character in the story and imagine what I will do in the various scenarios.