ITT: Races you would like to steal from other settings and how would you implement them in your game

>ITT: Races you would like to steal from other settings and how would you implement them in your game.

I like the idea of big, peaceful yet powerful race. Also, it's pretty cool to have the idea of outright having a god's chosen people. Sure, the Elves and Dwarfs have gods, but these guys have a god who visits on the weekends and gives them super powers just for being around.

I'd probably use them as an exotic race that has begun to migrate with them and bring their faith with them. Kind of mistrusted because they're alien to the region, and who in the hell really is that nice?

>yordles

They'd be lush, blueberry shortstacks.

They’re also super underpopulated after getting butt smashed by orcs hopped up on ectokooler

Well, Satan, I would love to drop the entire Protoss race into 40k and watch the fireworks.

I find that ironic, user, because I've always really appreciated BROKEN and have always wanted to appropriate them for non-warcraft use.
They're just way more fucking interesting than Draenei (not that I don't like Draenei): alien race from a ruined world, mutated and deformed from their previously handsome and beautiful selves, cut off and scorned by their own personal god, but despite all their hardships have become tough, determined, and a resourceful people who've persisted & adapted (sometimes by rather brutal means) to their way of life.

>still no Broken playable race

y tho

The Cactacae from the Bas-Lag series are pretty cool. Monogendered, sentient cacti that are incredibly tough to hurt due to the fact that their skin is essentially wood -- and to make up for that, they themselves invented what are essentially crossbows that shoot sawblades.

What would their deal even be on the table top?

Should have had them instead of a fourth (fifth if you count high) flavor of elves

>still no Broken playable race
>Some sub-race with a deviant art-tier skin that's only been in the game for one expansion got to be a playable race before Broken

I don't think it'll ever stop hurting.
I want to play as Broken so badly, I'd resub as soon as they were launched and would gladly level a Broken for every class that was available to them starting with a healer/priest.

Hell, while I'm on the subject, Scabmettlers are also rad -- their whole deal is that their blood clots incredibly fast, and the resulting clots are steel-hard. Some of them ritually carve themselves up to create "clotplate," or let themselves be wounded mid-battle in order to create spikes and blades.

Define "other settings"? But, yeah, I'd like to use the draenei myself. Of course, I'd also like to use the Tondi - orchid mantis-based Thri-kreen - so what do I know?

They were a playable race in the World of Warcraft D20 game setting for D&D 3.5.

What would they do to be different? Couldn't have paladin fit hey can't connect to the light. Priest neither for the same reasons. Shaman would be on like donkey kong, and druid I bet. Think they would allow warlocks?

Replace Gift of the Naaru with something like Survivor: reduce all damage taken for the next 5 seconds. Heroic Presence is replaced with Hardy Presence, where they get bonus Agility, Stamina and Dodge to represent how they survived. Probably a Bonus to inscription instead of jewel crafting?

Im doing DnD 4E and im making my own setting from that as a base

>Pic related
not that hard implementation realy. They make great bad guys for my campaign.

also
>Torumekians from nausicaa

Knights with bolt actions rifles and WW2 battle tanks. I basically turned by Hobgoblins into this

>Warforged

i like the idea of them in Eberron, i made them more robot and less magical construct tho

>Dunmer

I replaced drow with dunmer because drow are shit and dunmer are great.
I still have them live underground occasionally and have them use spider chitin

>Chaos Dwarves

also not that hard to implement, im making Duergar a mixture of Chaos Dwarves and Dwemer

>thri kreen

theyll be my desert nomad stand ins. Nothing needs to be changed they are already there in DnD.

Some things i havent worked in yet
>Naga, Quillboars and Trolls from Warcraft

i like em, but they dont realy fit into the world i made

>Sisters of Battle
i wanna turn them into a paladin order of sorts, but no real plans as to how id go about doing that without it becomign a one off joke

Close combat Necrons.

>What would they do to be different?

Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Priest, Mage, Rogue, and Shaman, are all the classes I'd give Broken.
Priest I'd argue a point of including if only because you don't need a direct access to the "light" to be a priest in Wow, you just need some level of clerical divinity or spiritualism as is the case with the Trolls and their loa priests/witch doctors. You can also become a priest via your affinity for the shadow which is how most Undead operate, though, blizzard/word of mouth did confirm that Undead can canonically wield the light as priests it's just INCREDIBLY PAINFUL and UNCOMFORTABLE since doing so can regenerate their bodies (allow them to feel the bugs in their body, taste the rot of their mouths, smell themselves, all while their bodies burn).

I'd imagine Broken would still retain enough spirituality to be priests, but if not they've definitely got enough shadow affiliation in them to justify the class.

Kinda Eldar-y I would think, each unit pretty specialized with abilities but expensive and low numbers. Maybe their thing would be a personal shield per unit, which would either give them a invulnerable save or one free "regenerating" wound per turn / ~every two turns dice be with you. Maybe more wounds on bigger units, and some (Archons / Immortals) would be 90% shield. Perhaps Mortal Wounds could circumvent the shield, but that may make them to one trick / squish.

Herohammer the army?

Like the Xenos equivalent of Custodes.

Naaru aren't the only source of The Light.

About the size of a Primaris only force but yes. That or they go regular marine route and let them be less effective then described in lore for more units.

Yea, but that puts it at a odd place for the rest of their tech. Colossi would basically be shooty Knights, maybe Immortal = Tank, Reaver superheavy tank. Stalkers would be basically Las cannons or something of a equivalent, Adepts as basic dakka... Then Dragoons. Then where would that place half the Golden Armada.

Protoss have a lot of Units.

You guys are making me want to play my Draenei Shaman again. I'm still tempted to re-sub for Legion just to see Argus.

Do it man.

I've used both the Draenei and the Protoss in other games, as well as the Lilty, Selkies, and Yuke from Crystal Chronicles.

I enjoy inserting Solonavi. They're basically a secret cartel of favor demons feeding on emotion.

>Protoss have a lot of Units.
So do Custodes. The Talons army list is half-baked, look at their Forge World range.

draenei would be an easy reskin for thieflings.

i gotta say i do like their aestheitc

Wouldn't Assimar be more accurate?

After a run through...

Confirmed Xenos Custodes with more Air / Pyskers.

well yes if you want more of their story.
Iw as speaking strictly of the aesthetic

Aasimar should be blue tieflings.

>Aasimar should be blue
*purple

>Bas-Lag

Hell yeah. I've always been a big fan of Mieville's creature and monster design. Hell, I basically had my players fight a she-anophelii the other day. There was even an old Dragon magazine back in the day that statted out a bunch of stuff for Bas-Lag, including player race templates for Khepri, Catacae, and Vodyanoi, and a nice little bestiary, capped off with putting a rules-set to the Possible Sword.

Nooooo! I've been WoW Clean for 2 and a Half years! Just because I miss being a badass Enhancement Shaman, and flying around on my Broze Proto-Drake and stuff doesn't mean I need to fall off the wagon. Or get back on the wagon. The point is it's like a sober alcoholic going to a bar, and taking a deep, deep sip of whiskey.

I always liked the idea of Dark Souls 2 giants in Warcraft's Alliance.

I think I liked those stone hole faced dudes a lot. I wish we could have played as them.

Different user, but I do and don't understand this sentiment.
I'm not in the slightest bit interested in returning to Wow after having it basically define my highschool years, wasting all my time on it.....But I'm keeping my eyeballs peeled at "Classic" Wow's development and they moment they announce Broken as a sub-race I'll be back again.

Broken would get my dick hard. Hell, I wonder if their females would be hot even given the thing she-goats do to me

As shows, they got LIPS for days.

reverse tau

They're adding more Subraces than just the ones they announced.

The issue with Broken Draenei is that they'd have to put it in just as much work as a new playable race, sort of defeating the entire point.

>A small ship of Warriors and Sorcerers crashes upon a lowly backwater miraculously filled with magic and evil creatures
>These "Puresith" are without technology after the crash, as their engineer caste members perished attempting to land
>Like the many roving Warlords and beings of evil, the Puresith begin to wage a bloody war across the continents, gathering an army of slaves and worshippers to erect their temples and monuments
>So far, none can stop the marauders and their swords of pure red light, yet when a group of young individuals begins to wield a strange, unheard of magic, and a mysterious cloaked nomad steps forth offering to train them, a sliver of hope appears
>Now, armed with technology scavenged from the Puresith soldiers, the group must combat the Warlords and free their lands, lest they fall to the Dark Side and become that which they set out to bring an end to

I just want them to add fucking ogres.

Make females yellowish orcs with round ears, boom. Easy.

In all fairness they did say they'd be looking to expand the roster of subraces, and not only in expansions but general updates.

See i quite like Skaven, but they're almost too strong and assholey to put in practically anything that isnt grimdark as hell.

Idunno, maybe without warpstone and a little more of a pleasant god they might clean up.

Ogres and Vrykul, give everyone a new big race each, sorted.

Human recolours as they are, I quite like the nomadic, geomancer, rock climbing, zip lining whities.

Kor are aight.

The Nerubians of Warcraft are actually pretty neat.
I'm not 100% sure if the spider-dudes and beetle-dudes are separate species, or just the beetle dudes are what happens when you give a spider dude some goo or something, but their lore was genuinely pretty cool.

Slow, durable eldar with very decent vehicle options.
Shields that give them free, regenerating wounds, "reliable" psykers, and lots of things with whatever replaced templates. Ability to teleport units to other units.
High model costs, limited customization options, with units being generally tailored for one purpose, and a very counter-driven army composition. They have difficulty addressing other vehicles without vehicles of their own, and their own vehicles put more focus on being support to, or supplements to infantry rather than being particularly devastating themselves, collossi/however the fuck you make Carriers work aside.

So are they like.. the nerubian silithid to our human ape

Who'd be their biggest emissary?

If by beetle-dudes you mean the Crypt Lords, they do belong to the nerubian race. They're the royal caste, basically.

Aren't they basically tau-looking eldar?

Warpstone and asshole god are the sole reason they exist.

Idunno, i think i highly industrialized rat people under a different god can still work.

Obligatory post.
Name me a better fantasy race invented this decade.

More like a mix of Necrons and Eldar with Tau flashy bits.
The Golden Armada could probably beat some Craftworlds into submission without too mich trouble.

When I am lazy and don't want to write my setting properly, I just take random races from dominions 4 or endless legend, change 1 core feature and players never find this out.

ww2 soviet russia into warhammer

WW2 imperial Japan would be better.

It'd be like the empire, except everyone has taken the slayer oath.

That is all

Fine taste.