So what does the character in your current campaign look like Veeky Forums?

So what does the character in your current campaign look like Veeky Forums?

If you don't have original art, what character art did you base them on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RL2fKL2oQgI&feature=youtu.be&t=336
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gnomish clock/time mage. People seem to like her so far. Helps that I don't rely on shitty "tinker gnome" / "mad scientist" tropes.

Thri-Kreen Whispers bard. Pictures of Zorak beat any alternative basis.

Why does he wear eyeshadow? Is your character some sort of man-liker or something?

Meet Roundface the Noseless, my character from our UESRPG campaign. A very ugly Orc whose crushed nose means he doesnt know how bad he smells. It's a fun campaign.

I got lucky in a drawthread and received some nice art.

Forgot the gf's character, Pretty Babs, who is also hideous.

Only one answer

You have Madonna's new album?

I am enjoying my berserker barbarian who really, really loves his job. He basically looks like Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein, but with more body paint, fewer instruments, and more weapons.

I wanted a dickass samurai.

Jerbiton maga in the Tribunal of Thebes, specifically up near Serres in Thrace. She's basically the social character, with Gentle Gift and Small Frame, and I've been visualizing her basically as Byzantine Greek Carly Rae Jepsen.

Gray is a huge, bestial figure. Art found in a random Veeky Forums art thread.

You mean a dick-in-ass samurai?

Behold, the grumpiest wizard in all the land.

Pretty much pic related

Meet Frank Johnson, an ex-Drill Sergeant betrayed by his own people and in the run.

You base your character's face off of Thomas Middleditch?

I was also fortunate enough to win the drawfriend roulette.

My Aasimar Pally for a CoS game right now.

Isn't that just Chromie from WoW though?

I mean I'd get banned for posting it because he's an Earth Pony, but he's a fairly standard grizzled combat veteran in heavy plate and a big fuckoff sword. He got cucked by his wife and became completely disillusioned with life, so now he hides his pain with aggressive bants and sex jokes. He might not be original, but I like him.

Well, I didn't choose the image, but I can't find anything else that looks like him, It's a Fat wizard, that doesn't look like a wizard, Everyone forgets he is a wizard because he doesn't die that easily.

I think I'm making good life choices if I don't explicitly know what an earth pony is

I mean, by and large you're not wrong, but there are some of us that keep it on the downlow and have actual lives too. S7 was fucking great.

Ended up using some "make an anime portrait" game because I couldn't find any good art and while a drawfriend did try their hand at a pic, it ended up looking way off.

Supposed to be a metallic skinned tiefling with nails for hair instead of having horns.

Halfling Ranger

ONE MORE THING!!

Kensei/Fighter from my current 5e game. Obviously without the windbreaker and bandaid, but he still smokes.

He acted like pic related too.

>I'm not the only one who uses Rinmaru shit for characters.
Ayy!

Yeah it's not great but at least you can use some of it for a general idea with certain character concepts. Got pic related from a drawthread but became increasingly dissatisfied with it soon after, mostly over the horns, looking too old and buff, etc.

I pretty much don't come up with a character concept until I find a piece of character art I'm really fond of.

This is my super un-optimized Battlemaster/War Cleric. She speaks softly and carries a big stick.

>Not having a visual reference for every single aspect of your character from face, to frame, to each individual piece of equipment and armor

Step it up.

It's a bard.
I was thinking of giving him random tranny-fits but that's still up for debate.

Post yours then, senpai.

Oh Oblivion, how I miss thee

elven druid. original design on the left, more recent redesign on the right.
hiking boots just fit him way better.

Vaclav of Orr, an elven rouge. Appears trustworthy and noble on first sight, uses a twohanded elven sabre. I Drew this.

>You have Madonna's new album?
Are you making a Space Ghost reference I should be remembering? Her last album was from 2015 and there are no mantis-related song titles listed for it.

Drell, half-orc paladin of St. Cuthbert (god of common sense and zeal). Coupled with swearing an oath of devotion, it makes him the most dry, boring paladin imaginable. On the young side at 18, he is easily led along by the more experienced (and crazy) party members.

Tweaks out bad when something reminds him of his orc father.

I believe his joke is that Madonna herself resembles a praying mantis these days.

Love this design, by the way. Really gives off the spooky forest sage vibes.

This is one from a separate campaign. His name is Kazra, he's a rogue of the arcane trickster variety, 42 years old. He lost a hand for thievery in his youth and is generally a ruthless pragmatic. Short, fat (with 20 dex though, huzzah), and cowardly.

Mustache twirling imswearimnotthevillian human fighter in full plate with a halberd. Pretty close to Mel Gibson just darker hair, is a little younger, and has an eyepatch.

A kobold pirate captain that recently lost his crew, ship, and everything else, save for his reputation among the land dwelling.

kek

I love this. Great inspiration, too.

I suppose that's a thing; didn't really base her on anything in particular. She's certainly not eccentric and mealy-mouthed like Chromie. Plus, Chromie's actually a dragon.

This is Fern, My thing she has a witch aesthetic
really like these

pretty sad phoenix sorc didn't make it in xanthar's

I can't post the main PC I'm solo-DMing on a blue board because she has the fashion sense of Dejah Thoris.

So he's a hyper capitalist android from the far future of 1981 sent back to protect the past of 2017 from communism (something went wrong in there somewhere)

I haven't really thought too much about exactly how he should look. He's supposed to be a bit above average. He's a fusion powered ULTRA AMERICAN everyman.

So yeah, I kinda figure young Nick Offerman. Just with eyes that are pure black except for the iris which is green lit LED panels.

Looks like it'd easily be a character focus in an episode of Samurai Jack. I love your art.

hell of a compliment, thank you.
he's a mailman/adventurer

What do you like about them?

A friend of mine was lovely enough to gift me a commission of Susannah, my Lore Bard from a Storm King's Thunder campaign my group's running.
>Inb4 ">ScDK" or something
Gift horses etc.

He foresaw some seriously bad shit in the future, so he's going to rally/conquer tribes to make it not happen.

Teen prince of a space empire who thought he could become a charismatic revolutionary after his older and smarter brother launched a coup to sell the empire out.

He had all the ingredients - quirky high school gang, secret base, stolen giant robot, idiotic mask - but none of the charisma or talent.

Now he's a mostly figurehead leader for the proper rebellion, which comprises the ousted president, a group of disaffected nobles, and a bunch of aliens who really hate the post-coup government for allying with their mortal enemies.

Skald Katte, Making people RIP & TEAR with my mews, RIPPING & TEARING too, healing people, disabling traps by falling into them, trying to manage the party's personal flying island.

High Elf whose actions caused an ancient forest to burn down, got cursed and transformed into a Fire Genasi.
Very Shrek-esque story.

I do take art online, but never claim that it's my own

sakimichan makes the prettiest boys and girls

The sage man/mailman feels like it has that Zelda type aesthetic not spooky to me more of a mysterious guy, cant even see his face adds on more mystery. And its a druid, i have a soft spot for em.
The monk, i like the face of him with the band-aid, looks like a slav, wanna see more of the character.
and the gnome clock mage looks cool as well,i like big hats, the art is solid too... and long hair makes me happy
made a picture of em

The Warforged in my (on hiatus) Eberron campaign is basically just Moltar.

He's got a bucket helmet and I do the voice and everything.

Here’s a shitty doodle I made as a Drawful avatar. Very nervous and slightly undead Bard.

Cute and nice thighs
Is the flute technique canon

Half-Orc Ranger/Samurai whose backstory is a weird mishmash of Shenmue and Rising Zan. My buddy is the one who drew the picture as I have approximately zero ability to art. It's my third character for this campaign, one previous character had to be retired because I couldn't conceive of a way he would keep traveling with the party (he was a very pragmatic halfling monk/doctor in a party full of VERY lawful good characters), the other because he got boring to play since I made him in a rush to replace said Halfling.

I'm already slipping into being pragmatic with this new character again, it's terrible. I don't know why every character I play either ends up boring or slipping into excessive pragmatism. Oh well, he's still really fun because he's weeb as fuck and everyone else thinks he's just fucking insane.

That's fantastic. To crime!

My current character is a half-elf Lockadin who looks like the Hoff in Baywatch, but blonde. Been going pretty well so far.

I haven't had a character for some time. In more recent gaming groups I've had, the GM has given us a slew of pre-mades and told us to pick from them. I was honestly really suprised how positively the players took to this method over the foot-dragging of designing their own stuff that I tried to get them to do. I have to re-evaluate my perspectives on GM'ing.

But yeah, last character I had was a washed-out archer.

My space wizard looks like Q

Six Finger Slag was supposed to be a post apoc. knight, but has been too busy fighting demons to create a code of honor or have the normal amount of digits on his hands and feet.

Thanks drawfriend!

Unfortunately that game fell through and I'm back to being the DM.

I really appreciate Veeky Forums drawthreads.

Why is the only non-asshole Necromancer in the Forgotten Realms a Goth Thomas Middleditch?

I based my pathfinder Tiefling off of Oscar from K6BD. Though mostly just his clothing, not much else.

hah! i based my tiefling warlock for my group's evil campaign off oscar as well.

he's just so devious, it's fun.

My starfinder character is basically this except a hobgoblin.
He's recently added Aeon guard armor to the mall-ninja nightmare that is his getup.
He collects big, stupid handguns, recently added a giant rifle-caliber revolver which he Mexican carries down the front of his pants.

Her inner thigh makes it look like she has an enormous package in the thumbnail.

Here it is

I am indeed. It's one of my favorite gags in the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=RL2fKL2oQgI&feature=youtu.be&t=336

Oh, shit, this wasn't in my DVD collection, thanks.

This is incredibly fucking disturbing.

Our whole party has made visualizations of their characters this way.

I love pretty much every piece of art that's been posted in the thread, but the look/style of these are especially great stuff.

Last game I was in we had to do a random roll to see what we became. I got the Goblin. But fuck that green skin shit with the huge noses. I was a Goblin from a bat/mammal looking clan and I bast him of the FF Tactics goblins

He's basically Rincewind

The Cleric who seriously hopes you guys don't do this.

The Cleric seriously hopes you guys don't do this.

Man that's rad as hell, great artwork.

So, it turns out the Shadowrun Returns character portraits are handy for character art.

I felt like a retard for not figuring that out a LOT sooner

My current Rogue Trader Explorator, he likes guns, and strongly dislikes cat puns.

Any of you know good artists to get commissions from?
I'm GMing a game of CoS and wanna get my players a picture to show my appreciation for being such great players.

I'm a half-orc pirate wearing the Demon Armor who is currently fighting in a grand arena to buy himself a new boat for pirating, alongside his Bear-worshipping barbarian companion and his dwarvern diviner wizard mentor

Wilfred Brimley, Traveller - literally written on the character sheet.

Last we saw him, it had been revealed that he was going to be responsible for an AI robot revolution due to a time slip and a repair robot that he's been sinking all his cash into every session.

The diabetes jokes never end.

I too played this guy in Oriental Adventures. Wu-jin with a rabbit familiar or some such.

Alchemist.

(Actually, beer wizard, but close enough.)

I wouldn't be able to play one of these without naming him Dickshot.

>this
Its a nimblewright. I got this as a character after my last was killed. My DM has a huge number of pre-made characters he builds in his free time and i rolled to see what i got mainly because i am comfortable with different play styles. I was "made" by the group wizard after selling of my previous characters gear and its worked out pretty well. I dual wield rapiers that fold into my arms. The DM reasoned that if i take a full minute of action in game i can switch out arms for different rapiers. Considering we are now in the epic levels, i have several. one for undead, one thats brilliant energy and one that is a speed rapier.