How to better commit genocide in D&D as a 12th level Wizard?

I need your help, Veeky Forums. I've recently been invited into a roll20 high level D&D 5e game, but there's a problem. There is a certain race the existence of which annoys me. I won't get into specifics, as the race is quite specific, but the physical characteristics of said race involves greater strength and agility and heightened senses, in exchange for crappy magical abilities. So basically orcs.

So i decided to play lawful neutral wizard who has a grudge on said race. And here's where i need your help. What are the spells that can inflict as much damage as possible to large groups of people? GM advertised the game as "airships and floating islands" deal, so anything that could destroy/disenchant large objects (crystals keeping the islands afloat) would be great. I didn't play 5e much (more of 3,5 fan) so i'm not sure what exactly i can do with what i'm given. I heard 5e is more grounded, though, so i assume it'll be harder to eradicate a race.

Other urls found in this thread:

sageadvice.eu/2016/04/12/could-i-stand-at-the-top-of-an-illusory-tower/
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/incendiaryCloud.htm
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ropeTrick.htm
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If this had been Veeky Forums of old, you would be reviled and hated. Nowadays you're just going to get your political thread that you wanted. don't bother acting hurt or denying it, no one will believe you.

I hate you and everything you stand for, you piece of shit.

This is why I would never play with randoms over the internet.

No (you) for OP, who has once again been proven to be a faggot.

>/pol/
Damn, now i re-read it and realize how it sounds.

No, the race in the setting are not a stand-in for blacks, they're just... terrible maty sue OC race i feel DM will be shoving in our faces, so i need ways to deal with them and teach DM a lesson.

Can you see into the future? do you know for a fact that this is some mary-sue cosmically wonderful best race ever why aren't you playing one scenario?

Or is your GM smart enough to set up a twist to fuck with you and it turns out his mary sue race isn't only the badguys, they gave up magic specifically to BE the bad guys?

Don't fucking be that guy, man.

>teaching your GM a lesson
Nope. Fuck off, you're why Veeky Forums is bad.

>I might not like this game
>Veeky Forums help me ruin it
I hope you get leprosy.

>can you se the future?
I can see the /pfg/, so i am 99% sure they'll be terrible.

Look, i may yet save this guy.

The trick is that you need two wizards.

Once of you casts Wall of Force to make an inescapable prison for your enemies. The other casts a damage over time spell, like Cloudkill, Wall of Fire, or Sickening Radiance.

You then sit back and watch as all of your enemies enjoy the comforts of Wizard Auschwitz. You even get the choice of whether you're going to send them to the showers to be gassed to death, or into the ovens to be burned in a literal Holocaust!

>I've recently been invited into a roll20 high level D&D 5e game, but there's a problem.
>I can see the /pfg/, so i am 99% sure they'll be terrible.
Look user, I know exactly how bad this GM is by reading threads on Veeky Forums, surely I can't be wrong!

>Look, i may yet save this guy.
Yeah, you can still save him and fun the group would have without you by not joining the game.

If you think you can 'fix' a Gm, you need to quit that game, because you're the problem with it.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE TO BE AN UNDERHANDED MINMAXING CUNT INSTEAD OF AN ADULT AND TALKING WITH HIM, YOU FUCKING EDGELORD ASSHAT POLTARD.

>/pfg/
>5e
>totally the same guize!
Uh huh. You're a dick and i hope you never find another game.

>get invited to thing on roll20
>decide to be a shithead
this is why everything is and will continue to be shitty

You can't do shit in 5e even as a high level, as a wizard you can do more shit than non casters, but still you can't do shit. Your biggest meanest damaging spell is meteor shower or whatever is the name, and you have lke 1 per day and it barely covers a house, then the orcs will rape you because even at 20th level a bunch of low as fuck level NPCs can still rape you

How are you going to justify consistent murder of a specific group without the DM forcing you to go LE and the rest of the party ganking your ass?

You can't do shit as one wizard, but with two wizards you can cast Summon Auschwitz. Take a look at

Don't really see this turning out any other way than you becoming That Guy. Maybe you should just point out how you feel the race is poorly written and note that it makes you question the quality the game will have. If things start to escalate just politely state you'll not be playing this campaign and go find something else to do. Doing this in a mature fashion will probably make a much bigger impact than being That Guy.

You only need one illusionist wizard.

At level 6, the illusionist wizard gets a feature that lets him reform his illusion spells.
When you can, take Mirage Arcane.
This lets you create real terrain or modify real terrain with illusion magic. One of the examples EXPLICITLY listed in the text of the spell is that open fields could be made into a crevasse. So do that. Take the open fields that the village is own, and make it a crevasse. Everyone falls in. Next, reform your illusion using your level 6 feature, and you turn the crevasse back into open fields. The only difference is that everyone is now buried alive underneath the fields.

I don't think you understand what an Illusion is, user. it only changes the resemblance, i.e. while moving across their perfectly flat terrain, they BELIEVE they're climbing down a crevasse. They do not physically move beneath the earth. They only think they do.
You'd just get peasants clinging to the floor screaming about how they're going to fall, they're hanging over a pit, etc.
When it wears off they'll feel rather confused. It's not any actual threat to their person at all.

No user, the spell specifically says that it affects terrain. It's just like any feature that manifests semi-real illusions.

>Creatures with truesight can see through the illusion to the terrain's true form, however, all other elements of the illusion remain, so while the creature is aware of the illusion's presence, the creature can still physically interact with the illusion.

It's real user. Knowing that it is an illusion, even seeing through it, doesn't stop the fact that it changes the terrain.

That Guy: the post

>Mirage Arcane
I guess someone who thinks they're buried underground for 10 days might die yeah

they are buried.

No, it doesn't. It affects your ability to move over the terrain because it has some physical presence, this is fundamentally different to actually altering the terrain at all.
It only changes how it feels.
It won't actually lower your altitude, ever. It will just feel like it, even if you see through the illusion, all that means is that it's an absolute illusion which is not foiled by disbelief. It's still an illusion.

It can affect altitude, because it can add buildings that can be interacted with.

Just because it's "illusion" magic doesn't mean the effect isn't real. Remember that illusion is the school of spells such as Creation.

sageadvice.eu/2016/04/12/could-i-stand-at-the-top-of-an-illusory-tower/

>and teach DM a lesson
Kill yourself, that'll show him who's boss.

>Your biggest meanest damaging spell is meteor shower or whatever is the name
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/incendiaryCloud.htm
> then the orcs will rape you because even at 20th level a bunch of low as fuck level NPCs can still rape you
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ropeTrick.htm
5e.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm

>No coaster
Heresy.

Coasters are for shitters who can't hold a drink the whoel time they are drinking it.

>Look, i may yet save this guy.
If your idea of saving him is fucking with his setting ingame, then no, you can't. You're obviously mentally incapable of sitting down and talking to the guy like a goddamn human being, so you definitely won't be saving anyone.