Why did everyone forget about the Tempestus Scions? Even GW forget them

Why did everyone forget about the Tempestus Scions? Even GW forget them

Because they have 1 unit and 1 vehicle.

Whoa thats a huge upgrade from the old storm troopers! GW could have actually expanded on them for once but they still got shafted

Also before anyone shits on the Taurox just get the tire conversions for it.

Cause they were never meant to be an army in their own right, just a detachment. This displeases the GW overlords as they cannot sell bucketloads of them to the same customers over and over for a bigger army. Most people buy one of each Scion set and then never end up playing with them cause there are better alternatives, so they don't buy more.

So they got pushed out of the way for stuff they could sell in larger quantities.

They were kinda dumb anyways desu, I had a passing interest in them as "counts-as" stormtroopers, but I had already stopped playing 40k at that point because I disliked the direction the game was going in

Scions made me decide to actually make my own army . Do I regret it? Not really they look cool on display and I really enjoy their designs. I really wished they could have brought in more lore or special characters atleast maybe making them more "tacticool" for that crowd.

However I do regret getting them in a gameplay sense. Since I do kinda get fucked over by alot of things and I was almost not allowed to play in a match one time since

>TAUROX CANNOT HAVE TIRES DUDE

The who?

Oh, you mean Stormtroopers.

Anybody who spergs out about tires shouldn't be playing warhammer

>Stormtroopers are the best they've ever been in 40k

GW y u forgots!

GW likes to split off factions to sell more codecies, but then forgets to ever revisit them again (example: deathwatch or the classics SOB)

>Sperging out about custom builds

I hope you poured glue in his model case.

Taurox look fucking dumb no matter what they drive on. get a fuckcing chimera

I needed one to perform Scion spam

>TAUROX CANNOT HAVE TIRES DUDE

Imagine having such shitty taste that you actually say something like this, incredible. I've never heard someone sperg over the tire conversions before, I assumed it was common knowledge everyone put tires on the poor things

They seem redundant lore-wise- Doesn't every IG regiment have a detachment of Spec Ops? Why have a regiment made entirely of Spec Ops?

Inquisitorial Spec ops or shit the other regiments storm troopers wont do

It was always the case with old storm troopers and new ones now no one cares about them

The best models GW ever made got squatted for these fuckers, so I hope everyone who bought them gets aids and run over by a shitty looking jeep.

No, no they do not.

This. these guys looked great. the new ones look okay, but still worse.

Taurox is shit-tier even after converting the wheels.

Aaaaand that's the entire faction, so no wonder it flopped so hard.

Taurox looks like an actual military jeep with wheels I personally think with wheels it looks great

>guns right behind the doors people are expected to exit from
>exausts going into the passenger compartment

Because making an army list out of one Elites choice from another army is stupid. It'd be like releasing Codex: Attackeus Bikium and trying to build an entire army just out of attack bikes.

>implying it's not a cunningly disguised mobile gas chamber

Take two Vanguard detachments of scion command squads and a spearhead of Catachan artillery to anchor and support your drop troops from hell.

Job done.

>Inquisitorial Spec ops
I thought they had their own group of Stormtroopers for that. A group separate from the Scions.

They did in the older lore. In fact Stormtroopers explicitly were for Inquisitorial use in the Old stuff. It gradually changed when they got introduced into the IG codex and then deliberately changed again so GW could introduce scions.

>What are white scars?
Seriously, though I see your point, you can make an entirely mounted Space Marine list

>Bought 10 of them on ebay for 15 pounds

Life is good

Concept and execution were poor, from a crunch and fluff perspective.

I like the karskin, but damn were the inquisitorial storm troopers hot.
I loved that sarge with auspex and power sword in his hands, and bolter on a sling.

Ravenwing and White Scars?

>user thinks of a situation that would make GW even more stupid
>They allready did it

Hah!

They had to get ditched to make room for the NEW and EXCITING faction: Another Fucking Space Marine Army!

Nice. I have like two and a half units of them lying around, but 6 years ago, I traded away the Sergeants because it was possible to run them with a hot-shot lasgun too and I hated the melee gear on a guy who shouldn't be in melee. Which means now I can't use the units.

btw, can I talk about how much I fucking hated that change? I had 3000 points of IG infantry from back in the days and I can't use a single unit anymore, because I built all the squad leaders with lasguns and tossed my leftover bits in the trash when I was 14.

Would making Scions more tacticool save them?

Id say give Scions bikes and drop pods maybe even paratroopers. Also give them access to alot of special modified stub guns like SMGs or even silenced bolters.

and give them a special "wetwork" type of unit something like Splinter Cell would be cool.

If your opponents refuse to play against you because of that, they're complete cunts.

No.
Look at the first IG codex, where we had 5 different armies (cadian, tallarn, catachan, mordian, valhallan) to illustrate the diversity of the guard across the universe.
The scions are "It's a big galaxy, however every single SF is standardized in equipment, structure and training to a point that would put oldcrons to shame".
It's completely retarded.
Same gripe with skitarii, btw. Even BL novels make them distinct from world to world.

Make tacticool storm troopers if you wish, but don't make EVERY storm trooper unit to be the tacticoolest of the tacticool, alienating every player with a different viewpoint in the process.

Classic suicide bomb rescue

>give them a special "wetwork" type of unit
The Spec Ops of a Spec Ops army. That's too much Spec Ops.

Id like to remind all storm troopers used to have infiltration until GW took it away

>It's completely retarded.

But they're a unified force, raised and trained by the same organization, and merely attached to regiments for short durations. How would they develop individual style in that time? You want Commissars all have unique clothing and equipment, rather than the same old?

>If your opponents refuse to play against you because of that, they're complete cunts.

Opponents is good, I can't even finish deploying before the GW retail fucks come over and tell me to pack up my illegitimate models.

It's clearly an MRAP converted to 40k i.e. made to look stupid. They should have made Space BTRs instead.

Don't know about drop pods, but grav chutes for sure, similar to Reivers.

It's strange why GW couldn't give them Rhinos instead of having to invent a whole new vehicle. If Sisters, Arbites and Inquisition can use those tanks, why can't stormies? Surely the Administratum can fork the cash for such vehicles. If cops can drive around in them, why not special forces? They could have made Scion crew sprue for the Rhino and maybe a turret and sponsons sprue for a tank version to give them some firepower. If Marines with all their tacticool spec ops shit can have battle tanks, scions shouldn't be any worse for using them.

Because everyone thought 8e was going to Make Stormtroopers Great Again. Then we find out Vendettas and Vultures are axed, and Eldar and Raven Guard are going to shit all over shooty armies.

Stormtroopers/Scions are always going to struggle to find a niche in 40k because they're expensive units with nice gear, but still S3 T3 4+ Armor and worthless in melee. Their niche is Deep Striking Melta which relegates them to some finna suicide squad which is a deeply unsatisfying use of tacticool operators. At least Space Marines have a halfway decent chance of surviving the same.

>oh cool stormtroopers are getting refreshed
>...with bulky, cartoonish, armor
bought into them when they first came out because I love storm troopers. While the kits themselves are pretty nice I fucking hate the baroque looking armor and those dumbass helmets. It costs a little more but I just kitbash them with standard cadian bodies, FW hazardous environment cadian heads, and than cut down the lasguns. Now I have some demi - kasrkins/warhawks

>the new ones look okay, but still worse
To be fair, Scions are amazing conversion bait for alternative IG regiments.

Storm Troopers have always struggled in 40 since they are still canon fodder but WELL trained canon fodder

The tire conversion is going to fix the model being roo small for anyone but grits to operate/ride in? The egregious scale difference is actually the worst part.

You need a Tempestor Prime for each Command Squad.

What? They are 40k models, what are you talking about?

Are you saying they won't let you field models without a sargent??

I'm so happy that I have a tonne of these guys.

The Fire Warrior PS2 game featured these fellas as the Imperial boarding parties canon fodder and I really loved the design. Was dissapointed that you couldnt reasonably acquire and use a force of them.

>"counts-as" stormtroopers
yeah i want thinking of getting some astra militarum as "counts-as" imperial guard

I just got 10 more on ebay for fairly cheap.

Best model in the IG

>canon fodder

Now I'm just imagining Laurie Goulding screaming "Feed me more stormtroopers!"

Because GW doesn't give a fuck about anything in its universe except for Chaos and named Space Marines.