Hey i'm a social recluse loser with no friends

Hey i'm a social recluse loser with no friends,
Are there any cool games I can pick up for singleplayer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTxuy1GbxpXlJiglvRg60LFYGz5Y3qfLD
boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/207490/pnp-solitaire-dice-games/page/3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Masturbation and looking for "one player games" in an archive.

How reclusive are we talking?

There's always the erotic choose your own adventures in /trash/

i went to an FNM, lost 0-3 didn't feel like going back, still go to the store to buy cards though

> mfw I play imaginary stories un my head
> mfw Im fucking 23

It’s fun as fuck OP, but you will need a high autism level.

Are you talking about single-person tabletop games? There aren't many. The Fighting Fantasy books are a good approximation of tabletop gaming though.

Or are you talking about vidya?

a card game or something i can pop open and play instead of sitting on the computer eall day

Run a quest on /qst/, or do what I do and daydream a continuous story on and on for years and then ruin it by killing off the main character, resurrecting him through semi-bullshit means, then realizing you don't feel the connection to him that you did when you were in your teens, and cheapened his death by bringing him back, and now you have 3 main characters so the "alter ego" he provided you is completely ruined. Then want to kill yourself because you realize you have nothing else of value in life. And that you are seriously autistic.

Are...are you okay? Do you want us to call someone?

Are you me?

I'm ok. Just trying to show OP the pit of insanity that can result from "solo roleplaying".

This is some real autism.

Try video games.

And yet his autistic daydreams are a better GSG than HoI4.

got any recommendations?

I'm not disagreeing with that. I do stuff at least as autistic as him, except mine are shit and his isn't, I guess that's the line between autism and genius.

Kingdom Death, Dungeon Saga, or Descent with the app.

>Willingly inducing a wide disconnect from reality and living through characters that only exist in your head is a bad thing
Gee fucking whiz who'da thought it

You have many options, OP. There are many solo rpgs, Four Against Darkness and gamebooks are good options. For something more like a boardgame, there are -many- "beat the deck" cooperative games. Aeon's End is a very cool one, but you should definitely look into everything available. My list below is not exhaustive nor is each necessarily a recommendation, I just copy-pasted it from a project I was working on. The are sImply some "beat the deck" games to look into, and branch out from. You should also look into The 7th Continent.

$n!pli /ARtu
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTxuy1GbxpXlJiglvRg60LFYGz5Y3qfLD

2009 - The Isle of Doctor Necreaux
2010 - Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
2010 - Oniverse
2011 - Sentinels of the Multiverse
2011 - Lord of the Rings: The Card Game (LCG, build deck, feels like tcg decisions, has a campaign mode)
2012 - Legendary series
2012 - Shadowrift
2013 - Pathfinder Adventure Card Game
2014 - Shadowrun: Crossfire (very hard and you earn things as you play)
2015 - Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
2015 - Mistfall
2015 - Grimslingers
2016 - Aeon's End (really cool single-session deckbuilder)
2016 - One Deck Dungeon (simple solo dice game)
2017 - Android: Netrunner: Terminal Directive
2017 - Gloomhaven (D&D in a box, campaign game)
2017 - Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar

Please don't listen to this post, OP. There is a TREMENDOUS number of solo-playable tabletop games out there. In fact, the variety of such games has only increased since the very first solo wargames were published in the seventies, and you can find a solo game in pretty much any genre you like. Granted, your options for "role-playing games" or rather, storytelling games, are limited to CYOA/Fighting Fantasy and the occasional storygame such as Untold Adventures Await (I'll throw in Mythic GM Emulator in there, which works with every system). In the end, this kind of game effectively acts more like a series of writing prompts rather than a real game, and it may not be what you're looking for.

However, if it's board games you're after, there's never been a better time to look for solo games. In fact, out of the 95045 games on the BGG database, about 10% have a single-player mode and about 1200 are dedicated solo. With that in mind, here is a (definitely non-exhaustive) list of suggestions, mostly ones I own:

-Shadi Torbey's Oniverse series, Onirim, Sylvion and Castellion
-The aforementioned solo wargames, if you're into that sort of thing
-Literally every single Uwe Rosenberg game
-Roll-and-write print-and-play games such as Utopia Engine, a very good list can be found here: boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/207490/pnp-solitaire-dice-games/page/3
-Coffee Roaster and Hostage Negotiator, two personal favourites

The list goes on, and with a tiny bit of research, you can definitely find a solo game that suits you. Happy gaming!

Same. Only I'm 31.

Mage Knight, Tales of the Arabian Nights

>-Literally every single Uwe Rosenberg game
A good deal of solomode boardgames deal with aiming for a higher score. Make sure you look out for this, whether you want it or not. Fields of Arle looked cool to me, been meaning to get it for solo play for a while.

Well my real life is shit, imaginary worlds are the only time I really find any sort of happiness.
Unfortunately that means that my quality of life is strongly linked to escapism of all forms.

Why the hell would you play a singleplayer tabletop RPG when video games exist? It's one thing back in the 70's / 80's and games didn't exist / were limited, but nowadays you have no excuse, you're literally playing a choose your own adventure book. If you want that, just look up the Fighting Fantasy books, should be in Da Archive

Learn to not be socially awkward, go see a psychiatrist, go to social therapy, just play on Roll20

orge

>go to social therapy,
what

Get Time Stories. It's one time playable pretty much but it's very fun. I've been playing singleplayer/coop tabletop games for the past year, since i realized my library has a shit ton of good and new games in stock. And it's completely free. Also check out the Sherlock Holmes game. It demands a high level of autism and skills to get it done. I've planned to play the game on the next holiday with a friend of mine.

I'd recommend checking boardgamegeek for "solitaire" games.

>play online game with clans/guilds/whatever
>join one
>join their voice platform of choice

bam 30 friends, you're welcome

something multiplayer

>Fighting Fantasy books are a good approximation of tabletop gaming
Of sweaty grognard gaming where the DM is constantly throwing OP bullshit at you to kill you by any means possible.

This. There really isn't much point to restricting yourself with rules.

>Are you talking about single-person tabletop games? There aren't many.
It's like you've been living in a cave for the whole of the 21st century. A multiplayer cave.

Just naming some random things that come to mind: Gloomhaven, Gears of War, Gato Leader, Gloom of Kilforth. Gato Leader isn't one of the better Leader games desu but I started listing recent games that began with the letter G and decided to stick with it. Onirim, Mage Knight, D-Day at Omaha Beach, Robinson Crusoe, Friday, Fields of Fire, Fabled Lands, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Space Infantry, Space Hulk: Death Angel, a whole bunch more but I'm feeling lazy now.

Because it's fun. Because you get to do the mechanical stuff yourself and see how it works, and because you do it yourself it has to be relatively simple and understandable. Because if you want to expand it or mod it, you can, and you can share those mods much more easily. If there's errata, too, you don't have to wait for the devs to patch it and test the patch and put out a beta patch and test that and then finally release an official patch. Also because it's a more tactile experience, and things go at your own pace. Picking up and moving things around, and writing things down, actually does feel very different.

I can't think of any physical examples of this kind of game, but the idea of single player card game reminds me of hand of fate, thought that's a video game and has a big action component.

Try focussing on building a narrative and use the mechanics to keep it fun. Randomize different elements and challenges to keep things unexpected. Mechanics keep things from being one-sided, and you could also work out a table to determine party member actions. Mind that randomized party actions can lead to stupid things like jumping off a waterfall.

If you really need mechanics for a solo RPG, there’s the Mythic System and Solo Roleplayer (both on DriveThruRPG, though Solo Roleplayer should be free). There’s also The Solo Wargaming Guide, which tries to turn a wargame into a military campaign.

>There’s also The Solo Wargaming Guide, which tries to turn a wargame into a military campaign.
That sounds like fun. is there a section on how to fairly and impartially "program" enemy "AI"? I've kinda wanted this for a while so I can play more hardcore D&D encounters without my players accusing me of favoritism.

There are simple AI rules in Two Hour Wargames' line, which are virtually all playable solo, or co-op with a friend.

snip li
/TwoHourWargames

The base rules are Chain Reaction 2015, under the Free stuff, everything else builds on top of that.

You can't fool us, spider, go away.

I’ve only skimmed the thing, so I’m not entirely sure yet. I did hear good things about it though.

If you want to “program,” a player, try D100 percentage charts. Find percentages that the player would perform a certain strategy, and roll another die to see how many turns that strategy is used. After that, reroll to see which one is applied next.

So say for instance I’m playing a game of 40k, and want to see what an opponent group of Orks will do. On a 1-10, the unit would retreat to a safer location. On a 11-30, the unit would go after the commander. On a 31-40, the unit would dash for objectives, and so on. After that, I roll a D4 to determine how many turns the Orks will perform that task. After that amount of turns has passed, reroll on the chart and D4.

Seems overly complex and front-loaded. For that I'd just grab something like the fate chart (like pic related) from the Mythic Game Master Emulator and just ask it whether he does the most likely thing or not, and if not ask the next likely thing you can come up with until you get a yes answer. That way the opponent usually does the obviously "good" tactics you expect, but sometimes comes up with weird unexpected ideas.

Yeah, I’ll admit I’ve got a bit of a habit for needlessly cumbersome mechanics.
Good to see you found the Fate Chart as well. I’ve only used it once or twice, but it’s been pretty useful.

This is pretty sad, yet pretty awesome.

I've been having fun with One Deck Dungeon and Friday. Both are designed to be played solitaire.

Trust me I've seen much sadder stuff along the exact same vein.

I would focus on changing that, having no friends is not a good thing and becoming comfortable with the idea of being friendless is worse.

Bump. Friends are good to have, sure, but you can enjoy solo games whether you have friends or not.

>> mfw I play imaginary stories un my head
.. do people not normally do this?
uh-oh

I do this as well.
Keep telling myself I'll write it down someday.

What I did for a long time before finding a group was make characters for the crunchiest games I could find at the time. Like, just folders and folders of pdfs of characters I would never play. Unfortunately, it was mostly dnd 3.5 - which I am now not a fan of after discovering so many other games - so I have loads of 3.5 shot memorized and it is never leaving my brain. Autism hurts, but building characters can be a game by itself.

Even today, my group meets rarely. So I spend most of my time reading shit loads of different rpgs for fun.