WarmaHordes thread: If you say ded gaem you get reported Edition

WarmaHordes thread: If you say ded gaem you get reported Edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com/#cc201bdjd7d7dBd5d5
conflictchamber.com/#ce201bhsh2h7h3h9
discord.gg/JdtTvp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Try out Farrow Brigands in Skorne
>Wow these guys are fucking amazing
>Friend tries out Farrow Brigands in Legion
>Another friend tries out Farrow Brigands in Circle
I mean, alright.

Here the game is resurging again as people went back to playing mk2.

Ran a Who's the Boss event on Saturday that was a good time. Only 8 peeps cause of Thanksgiving and another event in the region but ah well. Spent most of the event hoping one of the two CoC players would spin Rasheth or Wurmwood but no such luck.

> Try them out in Trollbloods.
> Wow... we have way better options for the points.

Being a Troll is suffering.

Our local compromise is just playing Mk3 without theme forces. We're having a lot more fun.

Lol no shit?

How good is the Grymkin starting box?

Is that really a bad thing though?

You can't start making threads again so soon. You need to wait at least 2 months for the shitposters to find something else to be dicks about.

Just washed this Brigand, what do you guys think? :3c

Just started playing. Which factions are the easiest to pick up?

There honestly isn't any beginner faction.

Pick the one you think looks the coolest and we can tell you what to avoid/get in the beginning.

Can't wait til I hear how much fun you're having with the Cryx and Legion players.

Simple and clean. I like it. Needs a layer of matte varnish though, unless you're going for a wet/oily look.

Interesting. Let’s say it was Convergence. Is there anything I should be looking out for?

What said. What kind of looks/playstyle/fluff do you enjoy?

What you need to know about Convergence:

They do not use power up like other Warmachine factions and can instead pass on spent focus between warjacks. If you position your pieces well, 3 focus can fully fuel a battlegroup of ANY size over the entire game. That is of course a best-case scenario, getting close to it is possible though.

The Corollary is auto-include in most lists. It provides you with said focus. The Temporal Emnergence Projector is very very good and you will want one, possibly two sooner rather than later. Most of their casters are pretty good to start with, though Mother and Orion are probably on the more complex side. Aurora is not all that good. She's not terrible, but very niche. I recommend Lucant, maybe Syntherion if you want to play a lot of jacks.

Convergence do not have a Mk3 battle box. You can get Mk2 battle boxes though and probably at a discount (hell, get 2 or 3 if they're discounted enough). They won't have the new cards, but you can get those at cards.privateerpress.com (free but will involve some work printing and cutting) or Warroom 2 (costs money, but is very convenient).

Convergence have two list archetypes (so-called theme forces) that give you lots of bonuses for adheriing to them. One requires you to take lots of Warjacks and Battle Engines and gives you a lott of free Servitors that can divert shots from your main army. That one is probably the best to start with. The other requires you to take a lot of infantry and gives you ways of reviving them and speeding them up.

Not him, but I really want to try Grimkin. I have been wary about this game because of the prices and model quality for a bit, but recasters seem to do the entire range for that faction at this point. What would I want to make a half decent army? Are all the Warlocks equal, or are there some I really should avoid?

Wanderer and King are special, the others are probably good to start with. You probably can't go wrong with Child + Cage Rager + a few Skin+Moans + Death Knell + Dreadrots + Gremlin Swarms.

Thanks for the advice user. I will pick those up and see how they work.

Also want to get into Grymkin, how good is the starter box set? Old witch 3?

I managed to sell a bunch of shit I don't need (150p of Cephalyx), which I will invest in more Khador stuff.

My only problem: The transaction is going to be physical at my store and I have no idea how to transport this many models without a car. Hmm...

This is probably a good list to start small with:

conflictchamber.com/#cc201bdjd7d7dBd5d5
(Lucant 1) Father Lucant, Divinity Architect [+28]
- Cipher [16]
- Cipher [16]
- Corollary [6]
- Galvanizer [5]
- Galvanizer [5]

You can build it out of 2 Mk2 battle boxes and a Corollary blister. Should be enough to learn the game with.

Same here, best to start with smaller games to learn the rules:

conflictchamber.com/#ce201bhsh2h7h3h9
(Child 1) The Child [+29]
- Cage Rager [14]
- Rattler [8]
- Skin & Moans [15]
Dread Rots (max) [12]

The list isn't good by any means, but (like the one above) it builds out of pieces you'll want anyways and it's good enough to learn the game with. Especially since Grymkin do have some very specific rules to them.

>how good is the starter box set
It doesn't make for a good list, but it is a good foundation for two good lists - each following one of the theme forces of the faction.

I appreciate the very detailed advice. Thanks guys! I’ll certainly look into the MK2 Boxes and look into that list you suggested.

I'm an idiot though. The caster is supposed to be Syntherion (the swiss army knife from the battle box), not Lucant. Syntherion has 1 less Warjack Point, putting that list at 21 instead of 20 points. Shouldn't matter for learning games though.

What shit posting? The thread's dead because the game is figuratively dead. Certainly no positive news have been coming out of PP in the last couple of months.

>What shit posting?
This right here:

You just clicked twice on my reply twice, funny chum

We've been doing some house ruling to make things more balanced.

>house rules

It was bound to happen. That whiny cunt Jay won't accept the fact that the days of infernals being right and "no houserules" is a thing of the past.

Suck it, bitch

call a cab? Like damn, I don't know how you didn't think of that man.

A cab would cost more than the money I make from this.

What happened to the whole fortifications thing? Did PP realise how retarded it was?

Seriously, why the fuck does PP have such a hardon for theme forces? Players don't like them.

idk, I can't wait to see the Menoth one.

How/why would PP walk back on a decision they made? That would be giving into their hated customer base.

You aren't all the players user. It would appear from the facebook groups that most players have accepted it and enjoy making the same netdeck army list as everyone else.

Although the caveat is that it was the same thing in mk2 also; everyone jumped on the netdeck bandwagon as soon as possible and eded up playing the same lists.

I think the worst thing about warmachine at the moment is the players.

>t. Jason Soles

It's possible that the players who liked making their own lists have left.

No, it's definitely Veeky Forums. Nobody here actually plays any games, they just complain about them.

/thread

It's true, it has been true for ages. even back in Mk2 this place was worse than the forums. The only saving grace was that here we're all anons.
Except for those faggots that are so opinionated that its obvious who they are.

I wonder who actually left though.
Some of the better known players haven't left.
There are still plenty of the moderate players around.
There is also a continued influx of new players.

So who did leave?

I did. I play Infinity now. PP siding with shitbag LGS owners like the asshat who runs Black Diamond Games, and criticizing their players for suggesting newer players not buy models with unplayably weak rules, pushed me away. I realized that they didn't care about the playerbase anymore.

Do we have a download link for No Quarter Prime #2?

It's the mid skill players that left. Newbies are too ignorant to care about game balance or go into tourneys. The hardcore competitive types stayed because they don't care what they are playing. These guys own every faction or is willing to swap armies on a dime.

The middle layer that cares enough about game balance to pay attention to it, but casual enough not to want to play the same list for a year is what left the game. Unfortunately this is the biggest and the loudest demographic, and the game got poor reception from them.

(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Agonizer [6]
- Cyclops Brute [8]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Paingiver Task Master [3]
Paingiver Task Master [3]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Nihilators (min) [9]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]

What if I just had RAT9 POW18 Brigands?

I like how they're not ruining new Dire Trolls. Hopefully we can get a new dire kit soon.

you could probably find a way to mod the arms to make the Brawler the new chassis.

ded gaem

>I wonder who actually left though.
You mean who left these threads? The players did. I'm just here to give new players that stumble across these threads advice, because that is how I got into the game. I've got DIscord for actual discussion.

Looks like a christmas ornament.

>not a criticism

How do I join these discord grps?

discord.gg/JdtTvp

So how is the new Blindwater stuff shaping out to be?

wow, so warmahordes became a flavor of the month game. How could peepee drop the ball this fucking hard? Too much trying to be like marvel and pander to a non-existent SJW and nigger demographic?

They fucked up the MK3 release badly.

No shit? How badly did they fuck it up?

We talking just generally failing to make rules, or the whole works of bad model quality, shit rules and retarded writing?

Interesting. The Mist Speaker opens up a lot of lists in other factions. Barnabas2 will probably become a minions staple and is likely overtuned. Posse could see play again. But in general I am not too well versed when it comes to minions.

Themes were a mistake. When MK3 hit, there was a lot of complaints about balance with PP's only response being "The theme lists will make it all better". Themes hit and that was somewhat true, but added the need for them because Themes now give a shit load of free models to your army.

And then there's how they handled Skorne...

>no turtles

I'd play it happily. SPD 5 guys with rng 10 guns is nothing remotely close to as annoying as some of the other stuff I've had to face

I'm super close to it, still have all my stuff but I'm considering selling it all. Been on a massive clearout recently, got rid of all my excess Warhammer shit so I only have one 2000 point 40k army with some options and Warmachine is next on the block. At this point I'll keep a 75 point army to play with, but I haven't played the game since September last year and my group is all but dead, moved on to other games. I play Batman, Malifaux, Infinity and Bolt Action instead and they're all a lot more enjoyable to me than Warmachine for various reasons.

gioco morto

I honestly will never touch a battle engine in the state they're in. PP has made such a blatant cash grab with buffing them that it actually boggles my mind, so I outright refuse to touch them in protest, regardless of how they're cruise control for victory.

The local Ret player hasn't lost a game he's fielded double space crickets in yet.

Shitty chinese plastic

>double crickets
Come back to me when you've faced double toilet or double turtle. Our even double Strider.

Make sure you accept the core groupthink tenets first, or you will quickly find that "actual discussion" really means echo chamber, and same list discussions over and over.

double dorf teapot is a nightmare to slog through.

Well the linked discord is the shitty one anyway. It's almost as bad as these threads.

The switch to Mk.3 just annihilated my interest.
I went from running bi-weekly Steamrollers and 2 game nights a week to zero.

I'm getting heavy 7th to 8th edition WHFB vibes all over again, and that led me to drop GW entirely.

Thanks for all the fish PP.

People in my local area are trying to get rid of their armies, that's how badly mk3 ruined their enjoyment of the game.

Then again they're a bunch of nigger ass licking faggots, so they deserve whatever comes to them.

>I wonder why nobody wants to play games with me

Here people liked Mk3 and were not overreacting to PP's blunders, but since then have been disliking themes to the point of selling armies. And getting new people interested is somewhat difficult because of themes, as they require serious investment in a narrow model selection.

That's the biggest problem I've been seeing. Another problem I've seen personally is a friend of mine bought like a random 30 points of a circle army, but now none of that stuff can be played together in theme so he feels like he wasted money. He doesn't want to buy into just one aspect of the faction but to make a list he needs to drop like 300+ dollars into what he didn't want to play in the first place.

The decision of doubling down on themes and making them all but mandatory is baffling to me. It's incredibly daunting to new players.

We tried that too. Funny what premeasuring and removing theme cancer from the game does for it, it's actually fun again.

>Seriously, why the fuck does PP have such a hardon for theme forces? Players don't like them.

$$$

I'm down to one faction. First time that's happened to me since Mk I. I'm about ready to sell it too, not sure yet.

Trev left, a few others I know that get close to WMW qualifying but always the bridemaid left. It's not good right now, I can't get games.

It makes balancing easier for them.

Same with the idea of doing mini faction releases from now on. The game outgrew their capacity.

I don't get what everyone's issue with premeasuring is

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter where you go. The biggest problem with Mk3 isn't the rules, models, themes, or CID... it's the people who still play it.
And yeah, that includes me

>5wm4h
text uploader doesn't work

When your game only got popular because it leeched of peoples hatred for 40k 5th to 6th edition
Then proceeded to do nothing to improve it's release scheduled
Then when things looked good for 40k, you release mk3 and it shit all over the warmachine players

Just die already so I can get minis for RPGs and conversions and shit for cheap, though even then I'd probably only look for metal stuff. PP plastic is pants

>The biggest problem with Mk3 isn't themes

Not saying themes as they are now aren't a huge problem, but they're not the worst one.
Plus, that mongoloid faggot telling me I'm wrong pretty much cements the opposite for me.

Did trevy ever say why he left?

>The decision of doubling down on themes and making them all but mandatory is baffling to me. It's incredibly daunting to new players.

I know, what a disaster of an idea. Not sure wtf they were thinking

They view it as the lesser of two evils I imagine. A way to combat model bloat as well as a way to sell more models. Now they can have wolfsworn light cav that's like the tharn light cav, for example. Remake similar models that go into different themes, sell twice the amount of models, eureka

It also combats potential new players who are looking into the game.

Eureka?

It was a domino effect of 2016 steamroller that made precise gunline near impossible to beat for slow lumbering melee armies. It slowed down the game without clocks.

Well new players doing for fluff swallow that pill. Problem is that wmh fluff for armies are ass and warbeasts and warjacks break coherency as well.

40k, much as cancerous formations were, at least they looked cool or was naturally a reward for fluff bunnies skewing that directions.

wmh themes are weird because you feel like you are rewarded and gimped. So many redundant model spam that have similar strength and weaknesses in a game plagued by list skews already.

I don't think Battle Engines as a whole are really that bad, user.

The Celestial Fulcrum feels pretty balanced. It's costed like an elite heavy, has good ranged output and no melee at all and is a little more fragile than a heavy. Then it brings utility with a small buff and fury management for construct beasts. I'm still not sure it quite stacks up to say, Megalith (something of similar points), but I definitely bring it sometimes. And the War Wagon I still am not really sold on.

The specific reason probably doesn't matter. Whatever it is, he's not enjoying the game as much, which is the same reason so many metas disintegrated, even if there were multiple different triggers for the exodus.

>buy into warmahordes they said
>gw is failing they said
>PP won't screw up they said

>how they handled Skorne

you're joking, right? You've gotta be joking. Skorne's update, no matter where you look, was seen as fantastic. Now we're saying it's bad? Fuck this, y'all just don't want to be happy that the game you're playing is getting better. Go wallow in your misery somewhere else.

Hes talking about how they handled them at the begining, which was obviously super fucked up

sounds a very specific situation

Just sold the last of my minis. Good riddance.