What brings you here, adventurer? Are you another one of the do-gooders who seeks to end my reign of terror?

>What brings you here, adventurer? Are you another one of the do-gooders who seeks to end my reign of terror?
>Very well, I'll humor you: let's say you manage to overpower me, what then?
>What will you do about my soldiers? How will you keep them in line when they have no officers to give them orders, no salaries to line their pockets and no women to keep them company?
>What will you do about the farmers, who are now 'liberated' from my 'harsh taxes' and 'draconian laws' but have nobody to defend them from the bandits that now reign free over the countryside?
>What will you do about the citizens? Their high walls may keep them safe, but how long will they last when overland trade is suffocated by wanton banditry?
>What of my enemies? Do you believe they will not take advantage of my empire's weakness and invade, sowing death and destruction?
>What of my throne? What of those who seek to fill the power vacuum through civil war and deception?
>Do you see the futility of your efforts? You cannot defeat me. At best you can replace me... succeed me... become me.
Your reply?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY
causeur.fr/partition-islam-charia-algerie-147743
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Liberty or death fuckass

>literally the post-ending to curse of strahd if you "destroy" him is he just comes back after the PCs are assumed to fuck off and/or die, unless you get someone to replace him
find a better replacement to take his position
that ideally isn't evil

>Do you see the futility of your efforts? You cannot defeat me. At best you can replace me... succeed me... become me.
Jokes on you, that was always my intention

All rulers are evil. That's their job

In the setting he'll just come back and destroy them when the adventurers are gone (or too old/weak/arrogant and unaware) to stop him. The place is an eternal punishment and reward for him, no simple vampire slayers can remove him from power forever.

The OP's post, though, is stupid because you don't need the adventures to fill his place (though it's certainly a lordly end goal). Just wipe him out and prop up someone else. There's always someone willing to take charge, the adventurers just need to stick around long enough for it to become stable.

Instead of the Dark Lord, there will be a Queen! And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!

>What will you do about my soldiers?
Who do you think I ran into before meeting you, oh lord? your soldiers are dispatched, those who saw the mistakes in their actions already turned you down, those who didn't will receive a proper punishment
>>What will you do about the farmerswho are now 'liberated' from my 'harsh taxes' and 'draconian laws' but have nobody to defend them from the bandits that now reign free over the countryside?
Well, see, before your soldiers there were stuff we had to deal with and was more up to our "level", if you prefer.
>What will you do about the citizens? Their high walls may keep them safe, but how long will they last when overland trade is suffocated by wanton banditry?
See above, lord
>What of my enemies? Do you believe they will not take advantage of my empire's weakness and invade, sowing death and destruction?
See, to face you we had to make alliances, and sure, more evildoers will try to fill your shoes, and that's why ultimately those alliances were made
>What of my throne? What of those who seek to fill the power vacuum through civil war and deception?
Someone better than you will sit on it, won't be easy, but don't worry, won't be us either. Who knows, maybe we'll have to come up with a consensus born from the votes of every citizen
We can try, and fight for a better future, and that's enough...for now

Replace? who said anything about replacing? I'm going to beat your ass so hard you'll rethink your life choices and become a proper king. Believe it!

My reply:
Marshall Plan.

SHALL

So, you'll enslave all of the locals into a near eternal debt?

the only true way

Good way to destroy the kingdom

You're absolutely right, that's why no one in history has ever changed or overthrown their government, because shit might be slightly bad for like a month.
I cast Disintegrate.

Honestly? I dont give a damn, at worst its not my problem- at best its future employment

but lets not get carried away, theres a large price on your head, and I intend on getting payed

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sorry, not an smart man, all I can hear is "Please Smite Evil my face", and to that I comply.

>What brings you here, adventurer? Are you another one of the do-gooders who seeks to end my reign of terror?
>Very well, I'll hum-

I CAST SMITE!

I guess I'll just kill everyone then.

Guess it's a good thing we ain't farmers.

Not too shabby, friend. Not too shabby at all.

A correct response.

"Actually I'm here for the job interview."

He wouldn't make it past even the first sentence.

>"Wha-"

Smite evil.

>ever saying anything before a fight

>implying we weren't working together with revolutionaries all this time
>implying we don't have a legitimate ruler lined up
>implying your soldiers aren't abandoning you as we speak
You're not a smart man, aren't you.

>FOOL. YOU THINK YOURSELF MY EQUAL? YOU ARE AS NOTHING TO ME! YOU ARE LITTLE MORE THAN A MOTE OF DUST CLINGING DESPERATELY TO POWERS YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND.
>YOU ARE BLIND TO THE TRUTH OF THE POWERS YOU THINK YOURSELF "MASTER". BUT I SHALL SHOW YOU THE TRUTH OF YOUR FOLLY. OF YOUR ERROR.
>COME THEN, CHILD! COME AND EMBRACE THE CHANGING BLADE.

>i-if you kill me you'll be just like me!

>The mistake he made, of course, was assuming I cared.

>The Eternal Flame burns away evil and corruption and leaves clean ashes. If more evil and corruption grow in the fertile soil left, it burns them away too.

>I don't fear a new dark lord rising and needing to burn them down again.

>I fear running out of things that deserve to burn.

For some reason, the first line of your post inspired me

>The villain had caught me, his trap had me snared
>His eyes glowed with hate, his nostrils were flared
>Past his lips came a speech, claimed he ought to be spared
>His mistake of course was assuming I cared

FPBP

THE BROFORCE IS COMING
TO SET THINGS TO RIIIIIIGHT!
BROFOOORCE! KICKING ASS FOR JUSTICE,
AND FOR LIBERTY!

please do not be inspired ever again. Four identical rhymes in a row is a crime.

Chaos and fire are the two greatest agents of change. Walking away ensures that the status quo continues, but if I take your head, then tomorrow can be different. There's a chance for us to get it right this time.

Just a chance. A faint, ephemeral hope that man can live up to his potential and build a society that isn't founded on systematic inequity. Until that day, I will continue to tear down every monument to indifference, every self-aggrandising edifice, that society builds upon the backs of it's subjects.

Enough talk, have at thee!

>I come in the name of Kane to relive thy unworthy hide from thy empire of glass.

>As thine twisted corpse lies at mine feet i shall take thine crown from from the puddle of viscous offal that was once thine head and claim it.

>What will keep them in line thee ask? Fear of what awaits them if they incur mine wrath, and that of mine Lord, But even if this is not enough then their deaths will serve as a reminder to the rest of my followers.

>The peasants shall continue to produce food and weapons for mine legions even as the corpses of the bandits burn upon the stakes that line the roads as a warning to them of resistance.

>Any who cannot hold a weapon nor produce for my legions shall find themselves burned as offerings to Kane along with any remaining bandits.

>Thy enemies concern me not. If they are to weak to crush thine empire then they will tremble at my might. And those who do not shall burn as do any who oppose me.

>Thy throne shall be inherited by mineself in the name of Kane, and any who oppose me shall be ground under my heel and crushed by mine iron hand.

>And thee shall only be remembered as another footnote in mine conquest of this weak land. The only futility is standing in mine Way.

Ya see, dis is why I don't like you 'umies!
All youz do is yap on about what'll 'appen after I grind ya into mush like I'll give a zog!
I'z just 'ere to fight, so eitha lay down like some grot panzee, or get out of your zoggin chair and spend yer last bit o' time 'avin a zoggin good fight!

Cease your squabbling unholy one! I am here for one purpose: to slay you. Why? Because God has decreed it and it shall be done. You want to know of how I shall solve paltry trivialities such as politics, power, and war? That role belongs to God as he has a path for all to take, but mine is to stop you here and now. I know not what lies after but I shall do my duty for the Lord and nothing shall stand in my way! DEUS VULT INFIDEL!!!!!

Borotos dad with the wise words

Yeah but you need some real good fucking Alexander Hamilton types to get the financials under control, not to mention law enforcement.

THAT'S what America got right. Qing Shi Huang was lucky on that front too because he had that one bloke who was a FANTASTIC administrator.

I WILL KILL HIM.

"....."

Yeah, I know. Why else do you think I’d be here? So should I just kill you now or do you want to stand up first?
>Hamilton
Shove your Rothschild puppets back up your ass, please.

All I thought of:
youtube.com/watch?v=PTcVNuNX8yY

I travel to find the meaning behind the truth once spoken to me: "Seek strength; the rest will follow." Only one thing matters to me right now: Does your strength hold the answers I seek? Now draw your weapon and answer my challenge, if you have any honor in you.

Good responses in this thread.

You think I give a shit about farmers, soldiers, or citizens? Nah. Your first mistake was assuming I give a shit about them. The second was monologuing. The third, and most lethal mistake, though, was wearing really cool armor. I want that, and I get what I want, any way I can.

Yes but the dark lord lets you keep your guns, make you useful meatshields for his armies when the forces of good come in.

Yeah Confederacy!
As in the government type not THE Confederacy.
Though they cool to.

well, can I make you stop being evil by asking nicely? no? so you see the problem.

The Second Amendment is no more permanent that the 18th Amendment.

Bill. Of. Rights.

Has no power in and of itself. See the CAA/BoR Article I.

>What will you do about my soldiers? How will you keep them in line when they have no officers to give them orders.

When I was in training. An instructor had us look at a model of the base we were in and asked us if we had a force of people how would you take out this base? One person suggested to take out the officers and the communications first. This is a bad idea. Every single Marine is trained in some way to lead even down to the lowliest PFC. The noncommissioned officers would easily take their place (Many of them would say they would be even better than the officers in charge but that isn't for me to know and besides the point) And now you just took out the reasons for the rest of the marines to follow Nato laws.

D&D and others like it are not very good at realisticly taking cair of the things you speak of. In real life heros never take on kings or dictatorships by themselves. It is always armys and generals taking over enemy lands and converting them to help beat their enemy.

Wouldn't it be cool if their was a system that let you play as a commander and your regiments you command? Worrying about marching and formations, replenishing soldiers, even supply lines. You could defend your lands. Attempt to stop rebellions before they stop or having to put the rebels to the sword. Leveling up is like being promoted and being able to get larger and larger units. I bet you those players would be able to handle all your queries and then some.

But eh generally how my campaigns go is we are usually championed by some "Good" Nation or another and we are used as a strike force to kill the BBEG or similar enemy while the nation would come up and take care of the rest of that business. You could argue good is subjective but at least the new kings weren't trying to cast a spell to end the world and start anew.

One of my campaigns everyone was dying everywhere nations were no more and their was nothing left to protect. I was getting very angry what the hell was the point of beating the bbeg if the only thing we had to return to was a hellish landscape? Then the DM pulled a move where all of our previous choices meant nothing. We literally could of been rolling around in the dirt the entire time and would of accomplished the same thing at that point. I was so fucking angry. Needless to say we never finished that one.

Kill 'em. They're evil.
>What will you do about the farmers
Kill all the bandits.
>What will you do about the citizens?
ALL the bandits.
>What of my enemies?
Kill them too, if they're evil. Oversee a reunification process if they're not.
>What of my throne?
Defunct like all dead rulers.

>At best you can replace me... succeed me... become me.

You forgot "outdo me," which is the plan. Also .

I'm an anarchist.

Well, here's the thing about Excrucian Decievers: they eat away at something until it's gone, then step in and pretend it was them all along. There wasn't a good reason why we couldn't try something like that, and we did. So the parts of Creation that formed your army are currently our army.

>What will you do about the farmers
Protect them, since we control the concepts of Crime, Farming, and Safety.

>What will you do about the citizens?
I don't think you understand how much of Creation we control.

>What of my enemies?
They were extremely happy to help with this.

>What of my throne?
Ever read The Last Question?

>What will happen if I die?

>It suits me to consider this, for I am a great ally of death. My daughters study the quiddity of death, my son practices the inhabitation of death, and my great work is, in ultima, to become synonymous with death, to die and in that dying live, so that if the universe comes to nothing then I will be a part of that nothing. Far better to have a savage universe with a happy end than a happy universe with no hope.

>I have died many times but these deaths were only temporary.

>If my echoes are killed, and I am killed in the material world, then I will be driven back to my throne the Dreadnaught. If my Court and my throne can be beaten, if I am confronted in my throne, if I am defeated there, then I will die. My work will end.

>This is the pact to which I am bound, in particular by my study of the Tablets of Ruin, and by my use of the power of the Deep. When I call upon that power, I put myself up as the stakes in a wager, I gamble with my soul. For I am saying, listen, my gods, I am the mightiest thing there is, and I prove it thus.

>Lately I have realized how much I depend on Crota and my daughters, and even upon my court. If I lost them, my outlays would exceed my intakes, my tribute would not be enough to feed my worm. But this is proper — for if I lost them it would be because they were not mighty enough, and then I would be a bad father, a bad King. I must test them and fight with them, to keep them strong. This is my geas.

>I will go on forever. I will understand everything. There is only one path and that is the path that you make. But you can make more than one path.

>Break your cell’s bars. Make a new shape, make the shape from its path, find your cell’s bars, break out of the bars, find a shape, make the shape from its path, eat the light, eat the path.

>If I fail, let me be wormfood.

"I'm really here for the pay and as long you don't fuck up my house I don't care."

I care not for the land, the citizenry, the riches, and lastly the crown.

I wish to remake this world. You are but a stepping stone I must stride upon on the road to final victory. Pray to what ever god or gods you know for the sword of damocles falls on you first.

>Are you another one of the do-gooders who seeks to end my reign of terror?
Why the fuck would YOU call it a reign of terror? Don't tell me you're one of those bad guys who relishes in his own evil? At least call it a reign of order or something, fucking hell man. And you know I'm gonna be ten times the leader you ever were when I kill all the enemies you never could.

I think the bad guy is referring to it as a "reign of terror" mockingly, as in, he's acknowledging that that's what heroes always say to him.

>Read the Books
>realize Oryx genuinely loves his Sisters and his children, in his warped, bloody way

There's something really unique and interesting of the sheer, unrelenting horror that is the Hive and everything they stand for.

My i join you sire?

So that we can bring order and peace though your banner!

"Yeah and I'll do a better job of it. You and your actions made me and mine necessary. Your heavy-handed rule might have been effective, but it was utterly unsustainable.

Now get your ass off my throne before I kick it off. I'm not here to debate philosophy with you; I'm here to fix this disaster you've created."

>implying I give a shit

The thing that protects rights is men's willingness to protect them, and by the second the first we've got the tools. That's the whole point. You start trying to overturn the whole deal and people will get wise to you. It's why it hasn't been done, and instead they've gone route of a hundred tiny compromises to try and whittle it down. Death to liberty by papercuts.

Have fun trying to use the process for adapting the country on it's most important matters to undo one of the cornerstones of the country: I'd bet the whole thing would fall before that'd happen. Besides, the rights listed there aren't granted by the government, they're guaranteed by it and granted by God, and most people in the country with guns, not the effeminate urban college student type, are also not the type to give them up. It's part of the whole package of the worldview on which America was founded, and opposing that would be like calling for a ban on apple pie.

God help you if you go doing that too, because there won't even be a pretense of mercy then.

>Do I look like someone who will care if people die?
>In fact, I'm here BECAUSE I want them to die so I can raise them later.

bugger off before i put your soul in a bottle and humiliate you for eternity.

Fpbp

That’s an interesting point, but what the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

MURRICA FUCK YEAH

>Why the fuck would YOU call it a reign of terror?
#DidNothingWrong

What's going to happen is what happens when any other fucker who thinks he's hot shit gets kicked off the throne.

The guy with the bigger sword who thinks he knows better gets to see if he really does. And if he fails, another fucker with a sword and an ego has a go.

Americans are just larping about freedom

>Liberty or death
>Gets blacked instead

>Gets enslaved by kikes
Good job there

If his soul is red, white and blue, there's nothing wrong with that.

We're not stuck in the XIX century forever like you.

Not /pol/, but black people tend to be extraordinarily unpatriotic

Probably because racial diversity negatively correlates with social cohesion. I honestly, unironically support black separatist movements in America because of this. The problem has gotten out of hand, especially with this "black lives matter" and "muh privilege" bullshit. Get the black victims away from their white oppressors and everyone should be happy, right?

Counterpoint: we get the police to stop killing them and arresting them for minor or made-up bullshit, and they'll stop complaining about how the police kill and arrest them for minor and made-up bullshit.

Separating ethnic groups into different countries results in fewer street protests, but more wars. Not to mention more ethnic groups and sub-castes being invented so people still have someone to look down on. We're humans. We have to live with other humans. "Just throw out all the people we don't agree with!" isn't a solution.

SHALL NOT

So were the germans until the government managed to brainwash them.

>made up
No.
They have high crime rates, and thus get more police focus. The higher police focus means they inevitably get caught for things that would go under the radar in other communities, and police are more likely to assume the worst.
Repeat.

>Just throw out all the people we don't agree with!" isn't a solution.
It is a solution and it has been used successfully for centuries. The Ustaše managed to near extinguish the gypsy population in Croatia for example

Best reply.

>Qing Shi Huang

Was basically OP's pic related, his "administration" was to maximize tax by any means necessary, and throw more spent forced peasant laborer bodies at it, in the vain and insane hope of living forever, and yet his "dynasty" ended with him.

Counterpoint: we get them to stop assaulting police officers, and the police will stop killing them.

>Counterpoint: we get the police to stop killing them
Maybe if black people solve their own significantly higher violent crime rates, the police won't have to draw their guns on them.

>Separating ethnic groups into different countries results in fewer street protests, but more wars.
First of all, how? Explain this? We can even make this a "fair" exchange and give New Afrika a percentage of nukes proportionate to their percentage as the population of (former) USA. That's enough deterrent to prevent any war.

>"Just throw out all the people we don't agree with!" isn't a solution.
It worked perfectly fine for former Yugoslavia, which is still a shithole but now a lot more stable than when they were united. You're right that we're humans, which means that we prefer to live with guys who are the most like us. This also means that if we believe another group is after us, we get mad. The Serbs got mad because they believed the Bosnians were taking over their country, the Hutu's got mad at the Tutsi's and let's not get into Israel and Palestine. Why are Black America and White America so different in this regard, when so much ethnic tension exists and race riots aren't even a new thing in this decade? I'm not arguing to throw out everyone I disagree with, I'm arguing that Black Americans deserve their own homeland as much as White Americans do, and if Black Americans perceive themselves to be oppressed they can and should have self-determination.

Hell, if you want to see how bad diversity can get, consider this: some voices in FRANCE are now considering a two state solution (or at the very least a two legal system solution)
causeur.fr/partition-islam-charia-algerie-147743
Let me translate the title for you
>To avoid Civil War, let us divide France
>To avoid Civil War
>Civil War
Even the mainstream no longer avoids the obvious: diversity leads to tension, high enough tension can and will lead to civil war.

Most Reddit post I’ve seen all day

"Good thing none of that stuff is my job. I'm an adventurer, not a hero. I get paid to kill evil bastards like you while the heroes worry about picking up the pieces. And the world is full of evil bastards, one less might not make much difference."

"But it's a good start."

I love that part. Where Galadriel realizes just what she could be and says no to it.

IRL talk: Our rights exist because of the consensus that they should exist. Should this consensus disappear... that's what I fear most of all.

>What brings you here
Experience points and loot.

>another one of the do-gooders
It says Chaotic Evil on my character sheet.

>you manage to overpower me, what then?
Find more XP and loot.

>soldiers
Kill them.

>farmers
Kill them.

>citizens
Kill them.

>enemies
Kill them.

>throne
Sell it.

>futility
My goals are pretty feasible, actually.

>replace me
Nope.

>succeed me
Nope.

>become me
Nope.

"The free market will take care of it."

Semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

The US government has spent the best part of two decades figuring out the most efficient ways to murder gun-toting farmers.

If push comes to shove, your precious rifles will not save you.

>le drones may-may

>the military is firmly for crushing the average American and isn't right wing libertarian as fuck

Confirmed for never served