Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

New Topics for dicussion;
>WHY DIDN'T YOU PLEDGE FOR ABYSSAL WOODS OR GAMBLER'S CHEST LITERALLY LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE THE ABSOLUTE STATE

Old;

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kingdomdeath?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
files.fm
youtube.com/watch?v=q6ha161mbG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just buy the everything bundle whenever Poots starts a new kickstarter. You'll save yourself the anxiety.

>Kinda fucked up the Op.
>Just gonna roll with it.

Ringtail Foxes is the real "oh my fuck please calm down pooters"

TIDDIES

I mean from what we've heard it's like an Inverted Mountain/Abyssal Woods scale expansion in a single expansion.

Bigger.

Pooters has said that at the current state Ringtail Foxes is another core or bigger in size ($400).

Also being that it's about expanding your underground settlement by drilling out tunnels, I'm not saying it's going to have a bunch of Gurren Lagann references but...

Reminder that the Black Friday store specials and sales close 11/28 in the early AM (EST), and that the Backer Kit will be closed on 11/30.

twitter.com/kingdomdeath?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I seem to remember there being a GC narrative sculpt of a survivor halfway through the King's Curse, but I'm not finding it in the compilation image.
Am I thinking of a different promo?

Well one of the Pathfinders of Death is part way through the curse.

That's in the GC manno. He was even in the email. In the painted section he's the guy with the spear.

I've got your back, user.

Wew thanks
>new Regal Armor gear cards
I wonder if these are optional or complete replacements?

I've never heard anything about the ringtail foxes.
I thought these were part of the rpg classes line.
But they're supposed to be actual part of KD:M?

Yes.

Yes, it was originally announced as a KD:M xpack. Speculation now is that it's either going to be KD:M 2.0 or part of Labyrinth.

But the ringtail vixen is a pinup version of whatever the ringtail foxes will end up being?

Yes.

Mah man.

Im guessing the philosophy cards will involve you losing a guy to the old kings curse and once he dies you can make regal armour

Any time pal.

I assumed it was more that the cursed survivor imparts the thought processes behind the King's Men, and perhaps it either lets you lessen unfavorable interactions with them, or learn how to better fight them? That, or it helps you learn how to better use spears, and possibly spear-based fighting techniques. I have to admit that some sweeping attacks or AOE moves would be nice with the increased number of multiple, weaker enemies (bone witches, oblivion pupae, Silver City spooks, etc.).

It's an expansion that's been worked on for quite some time now, we first heard about it in one of the KS1 updates:

"Ringtail Fox Survivors. A new expansion under development, that explores people living in underground tunnels below a dangerous swamp ruled by a great fox-like entity.
Securing and expanding the underwater tunnels so you can increase your population capacity is one of the ideas going into this one."

The next thing we heard about it is in the comments of KS2 where Poots had this to say:

"I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M.
Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign.
It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!"

Next op if I make it:
>Welcome to Kingdom Death!
Now you can finally make your favorite hero, have their head explode, age out of existence, join the Flesh Monolith, get masticated by a giant under-mouth, have their face stolen for a lantern trophy, lose a death wager, lose their humanity to the King’s Curse, give up in the Lantern City, get lost in Overwhelming Darkness, get harvested for resources, have their skull crush their brain, be blasted to ash by the Gold Smoke Knight, die in dark dentistry, eat a rainbow dropping and have their heart explode, have a sword beetle burrow into their brain, get their skull eaten, lose at duel with the Twilight Knight, get exiled into the darkness, get stomped, get crushed, get cleaved, enjoy an infinite kick loop, lose their life in a hunt reenactment, have their dreams stolen and take a one way ticket to Hack City!!!!!!!!!!

You get inflicted with the curse when you slay a king's man, right?
So what happens when you cut off the arms of someone who is in the middle of transforming, carve out the fleshy bits from the inside and use them as regular armor?

Also, I just read through some of the descriptions on some of the models not found in the plain of faces.
The city of the great game hunters is a fucked up place and don't even get me started on the holy lands.

God, how much I want fromsoft to do a souls-type game set in the kingdom death world.

My guess is it's more of the latter. You probably always have someone becoming a Kingsman to impart the philosophy, but in exchange, that means you always have a powerful survivor on top of whatever bonuses the philosophy brings. They probably kill the survivor just before they fully transform.

>The city of the great game hunters is a fucked up place and don't even get me started on the holy lands.
Pretty sure the Plain of Faces is supposed to be part of the Holy Lands.

Where do you read the blurbs anyway Vibrant Lantern? Cause so many are missing now.

Entities. These are basically the gods of the KD world, right?
We got the golden entitiy, who rules the holy lands, is behind the white lions, the lion knights, smoke knights, (grand)mothers, forge god/priest stuff and some more.
The goblin is/might be an entity that even the other gods fear.
And we got the ring tail fox god.

The lion god was once the king of the silver city, but was warped into whatever he is now, but no entity? And is the silver city in the holy lands, or is him also being a lion purely a coincidence?

Vibrant lantern and on the models that are still in the "sold out" section of the shop.

Vibrant lantern, or crawling through the 'sold out' page of the webstore.

> And is the silver city in the holy lands

The far outskirts at best. Our survivors can come across it in the game after all and (try) to explore it.

Yes.

Goblin is fake though as far as we know. Or Maybe the Sparrow God just has big balls.

Forge God is another one I believe.
Lion God could be one but he's also attached to the Plain of Faces (underneath).

We've seen one philosophy so far, so make your guesses based on that.

>fromsoft to do a souls-type game set in the kingdom death world.
I'd probably lose my goddamn mind over that kind of announcement. Then again, I'm not sure how I'd feel about introducing the bulk of the posturing, tryhard Soulsborne faggots to KD. I'm still butthurt over the shift in fanbase from DeS to DaS, if that's any reference to how pathetically petty I am.

>Goblin is fake though as far as we know.
The Sparrow God had better hope the Goblin is fake, or he's likely in for the most unspeakable fate to befall anything - past, present, or future - in the Kingdom Death universe.

The Goblin is almost certainly real, given that his constellation can kill.

>Goblin is fake though as far as we know. Or Maybe the Sparrow God just has big balls.

It basically hasn't been confirmed one way or the other. Even the Sparrow King is afraid that, as deep as his deception goes, the Goblin's goes *deeper*.

While that is true, it could also be that the power of their belief is so strong that merely imagining that they are gazing on the Goblin's countenance is enough to strike them dead with fear (which happens quite often, already, in game).

That's how I see it too.

I love to imagine the sparrow king as this constantly trembling bundle on the brink of a mental meltdown because of a joke he did that went on too long and now he can't back out of it.

Here's a tip, try caring less about other people that have literally zero impact on your life.
Sure, if they follow the path of making the game just SO HARD OMG instead of focussing on story, characters and environments, then it might suck. But for me, Bloodborne proofed that they can still do it right, it's just that DaS wasn't meant to be a trilogy and the story suffered heavily because of that.
Just imagine playing a lone survivor, waking up in pure darkness, armed with only a lantern and a founding stone shard, wandering through some collapsed pillars and ruins, fighting some creepy fodder enemies before encountering another survivor. But before he can reach you, a white lion jumps out of the dark and mutilates him.
After the fight you enter a lantern hoard settlement to act as your hub area.
On your journey into the unknown you find more survivors to act as your vendors and smiths.

He's still really big and gnarly. I imagine survivors will get rekt even if it's NOT the Goblin.

And he is also a "god," for whatever such a title is worth in Kingdom Death.

Scanon!

Bless your socks. Here's replies if you missed them.

Also I believe
files.fm
is also good.

Someone is going to clean up the scans and arrange them into a PDF.

Worth a lot if you're the Lion God.

I'm at a loss for how to fight him effectively. As best I can tell, pelt him from range and try to avoid getting a fucking house dropped on your head. He hits hard, hits often, and passes out bleeding tokens like candy.

So a team of survivors outfitted with Vespertine bows and maybe an acanthus doctor to draw aggro?

TFW you backed Silver City to put Lion God in there and leave him.

Fuck you Tom Chode.

tfw i'll never be able to softly caress a white speaker.

The Sparrow King is indeed an entity.
The Dragon King o the other hand, is simply the last surviving specimen of his race.
And the Lion God is just a warped being that has lost its mind.

I do wonder if there is a specific naming convention.

And as an interesting tidbit from the Abyssal Woods lore:
"..."taking someone's name is the most grave Insult in all of Kingdom Death."

My first thought upon seeing this image was "her sandals are really cute."

Am I becoming a faggot? Y/N

VL, Shop, or internet archive for insidethewall.forumatic.com for some really old stuff.

>becoming
user, I...

>But the ringtail vixen is a pinup version of whatever the ringtail foxes will end up being?
I'd guess she's more the pinup of the Fox tribe Savior equivalent, like the Warrior of the Sun pinup isn't supposed to represent a humanized Sunstalker. Is she even really a pinup?

Took another look.
Her entry does make her seem like she's a canon character.

There's a lot of unknown on that, as with most of the lore of Kingdom Death.

My take... the Plain of Faces is NOT the Holy Lands. There's no evidence of the Golden Entity's eugenics and control programs: no Wet Nurses, Mothers, or Grandmothers. It is at least adjacent, though.

The GE is a new kid on the entity block: He rules the lion-themed shit now, but before that were the Lion God and GSK in their former lives as King of Lions and Lion Knight #0. Essentially, the Golden Entity and Knowledge Worm are two disasters that both struck the ancient Lion Civ, causing it to crumble and the Lions to become feral, roving monsters displaying little of their former intelligence. It's unclear which struck first: Did the Golden Entity take advantage of a king driven mad by the Knowledge Worm or did the King of Lions turn to the Knowledge Worm because of the pressure of the Golden Entity? In any case, eventually the lions lost hard. GSK's mane fell out, replaced by Wailing Smoke (which is the Golden Entity's stuff according to his Lion Knight 1st -- likely along with the Drama Queen we know and love and the unseen third brother attempts to recreate the GSK), the Silver City was lost beneath the surface, and the Holy Lands were carved out of former Lion turf. The Plain of Faces belongs to the King(s) and the Scribe, not the Golden Entity.

The big question is the relationship of the Twilight Order (Archivists & Twilight Knights) to the Lion Civ. Lost Knight (From Silver City) seems to be a Lion Twilight Knight based on its gear and shape, and some beings in the order (like the Twilight Weaponsmith) are decidedly nonhuman. Personal Theory that the Twilight Order used to be lions, but the last of them trained the numerous and available Humans/Survivors to be their successors during the downfall of the Lion Civ, given the Twilight Order's focus on preserving knowledge and history that its predecessors would wish to have their legacy preserved in SOME form.

I love how everyone assumes Poots will have another kickstarter in 2020. I would definitely not count on that , he has made 17.5 mil so far off this kickstarter. I would think he will be able to fund whatever the fuck he wants to do himself after rather than rely on backers who aren't happy no matter what you do because it's not free

Other Known or Suspected Entities include
>The Goblin
>The Sparrow King/Fake Goblin
>Satan/Ivory Dragon
>The Scribe
>The Sculptor
>The Gambler
>Other Constellation Entities?
>The Dragon King/Tyrant
>The Traveler
>The entity of the Prince of Swords tale (deceased)

There are probably others I'm lapseing on. Really it seems that the qualifications for Entity are "Be an extremely powerful monster" plus "Be a unique being". So the Mountain Man and Storm Knight could qualify, but we don't know enough about them yet.

Forge God probably doesn't; it's a minion of the Golden Entity and does a lot of GE's dirty work, and Sparrow King's tale suggests Entities are generally territorial creatures with their own domains (though Satan is also a wandering troublemaker)

Remember that Poots took a loss on the first Kickstarter, he might have planned better this time but I seriously doubt he has the capital to do things on the scale that he wants.

Which leaves him with two options, seek actual investors (not likely) or start up KS3. The former involves giving actual control and having real commitments to a group of people that don't give a shit about your product, the latter only requires you to occasionally read the whiney comments of people who have already given you their money and to whom you have no legally binding obligations or commitments.

I expect that the next kickstarter he does, in order to further increase the amount of stock he can keep and turn over, will be for the Kingdom Death hero game which I have talked to him about. The trick there is the mechanics, since in that game you are playing characters that kill white lions for breakfast.

Some of my components came messed up. It's not the worst thing in the world but some of the HL cards are different shades of tan, some of the black cards have marks on them, etc. My board also has a few marks on it. Is it due to the black finish? I expected more out of what I paid for.

>"..."taking someone's name is the most grave Insult in all of Kingdom Death."
Calling it now: in true KD fashion, if you are defeated in the final Sparrow King showdown, your settlement is razed by him. If you win the fight, your settlement is obliterated when the real Goblin shows up to give the now-dead Sparrow King some serious stink eye, and your survivors' faces all melt like candles held up to a blowtorch.

As it should be.

Why would the Dragon King not be a (dying) Entity?
Just like the Sparrow King and Satan he has both a Human Form and a Dragon Form.

His being the last of his kind, and the ending to the PotS campaign suggest that he was merely one of a powerful draconic race.

Speaking of the ending of the PotStars campaign, just how much of a AoT reference is Dragon King actually?
Was the whole eating Titan Shifters to become one yourself even out yet by the time Poots designed DK or was that just a very huge coincidence?

"Eat your foe to gain their power." is several millennia old concept practiced by various cultures across the globe, sometimes on animal predators, sometimes on other people.

Cosplay when

I can see where he’s coming from, since SnK is one of the more recent examples of “humanoid generates suit of combat bio-armor” in Japanese media, and in this case they’re both particularly massive.

>SnK is one of the more recent examples of “humanoid generates suit of combat bio-armor” in Japanese media, and in this case they’re both particularly massive.
It's certainly not the most famous one.

Fan service character REEEEEE

Nore is it the first.

No shit. Eva should be the first thing most people think when they see “bio-mecha”, but Shinji doesn’t grow a fresh Unit 01 out of his nutsack every episode. It’s the autogeneration that makes the connection.

>kingdom death will never be filled with smug cumsluts
man this game just got a little bit darker for me

It's filled with as many smug cumsluts as you add it

>two films in and she still doesn’t even have a fucking backstory or meaningful personality
Rebuild was a mistake

Our of his what?

Satan Twins are canon, you know...

>These phoenix hands

His smile and optimism: gone

Ordering the game from the store means it'll ship with wave 2?

No, ordering from the store means they'll ship it as soon as they can. It's no longer part of the kickstarter so doesn't ship according to it.

Why do people paint their survivors' eyes with these black stains?

Because they're described as having those in the rulebook itself, even shown that way in art.

For the starting survivors, it's canon. Read the picture book Poots gave us for the First Story: the eyes of the founders are covered over with ink.

Natural births, of course, are free of this weirdness.

It's because the Scribe just wrote them into being. Apparently, his reality-revising pen blots around the eyes

I am hoping the Expansions that are out of stock right now will be available at some point again, i'd like to get the Flower Knight atleast, he looks pretty cool.

Nah, you're just a disgusting footfag.

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my core game so I wasn't aware of that.

One more question, I've noticed that both white speakers and flower witches have these metallic coins around their waists. It has any significance?

>I've noticed that both white speakers and flower witches have these metallic coins around their waists. It has any significance?
Not that we're yet aware of.

gypsies user, they are both gypsies. They are going to steal your shit

I love how the meanest son of a bitch in KD doesn't have some grandiose name like the Ivory Dragon or the Lion God. Naw, he's just the fucking Goblin.

I preordered from the store and just got an email this morning saying my order shipped. ITS HAPPENING

Ten days ago I was overjoyed like you.

But that doesn't actually mean it's been shipped :(

I dunno, the Goblin. If you leave out your associations with cannon fodder green guys and/or shortstacky women folk, it does sound more threatening.

>goblins
>shortstacky women folk
I still don’t entirely understand why this is a thing, and I wish it wasn’t

Noooooo. Poots pls :(

>The only offense worse than taking anothers name in Kingdom death is allowing the jew to live
jesus christ Poots, this is 2017 you can't get away with that.

If it makes you feel better, when I preordered from backerkit I got a shiping notification the friday before thanksgiving, and got my box on the following monday..

Don't worry, everything DOES eventually leave "Shipping label created" limbo

Though now when I think of it, you might have a better chance if you live in the US. In Europe seems like it takes quite a while until packet leaves UK.

Well I wish you weren't such a stuck up cunt.

is this still the best way to do everything for convenience or do we have better ways now?
youtube.com/watch?v=q6ha161mbG4

You need to ubderstand how Poots Time© works. You get the notification that it is shipping, when really they are just sending the shipping company an electronic form to print out. They begin shipping the actual product/package up to a week or two later.

Expect a decent delay due to the sales boost from black friday. Big sale periods tend to set things back further than usual.

Expect at least a 3 month delay due to the holidays.