Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1903: Knock Knock Knocking On Heavens' Door Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B010H188HI/ref=dp_st_0996229329
docs.google.com/document/d/1-QUF3Hh4mQqsJ0_-DRWwE6EzLMSt3ULFXKSdzysx-24/mobilebasic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jumpers!

Do you have any family?

Other than Harry Potter what are some good jumps for jumpers first magic system?

I believe at one point the author Can't remember if this was before or after Heavens picked it up said that Blaster Mode always consistently did, like, percentage damage to you, but gave much more of a benefit depending on how durable you were. So you couldn't tank it without regen, but durability did make it work better.

You're not really gonna do that though. You're not skipping any work. You just do the work faster.

Yes, carrying worlds and dimensions with you really helps one to start thinking about having some children

Have you ever gone full demonic invasion to pillage an entire world?

Haven't found a good demonic world to loot, booty
and pillaging yet.

Nah, but I've gone full divine/wizard invasion on demonic worlds, for pillaging and other things.

>other things
?

I've only ever gone full alien invasion.

And granted, sometimes those aliens are strange or have weird powers, but they're still just aliens, not demons.

I'm more of a take-over-the-existing-structures kind of gal. Charisma and mind control perks make it the easier and softer option.

My family, at least any family that isn't distant descendants, is most probably long dead by now.
Things like that happen when you time doesn't stop in other worlds.

Out of the shitpost that covers me,
Salty as the sea from shore to shore,
I summon Photoshop user from wherever thee may be,
Work your magic once for me and my thanks you'll have forevermore.

Can you please make the cloth red where it's teal and gold where it's white?

>mfw I can't do an actual daemonic incursion since I will inevitably lost all my captures slaves after 10 years
Daemon jumping is suffering

Shove them into a pocket dimension bruh.
Take Hell Lord from Marvel Magic.

You can't take people that way, user
All jumpmakers that have made some kind of pocket realm or landmass that follows you have explicitly stated that they can't be used to carry people from one setting to another

Are you sure? At any rate, I do it all the time. In a single-player imagination game Fun>Rules.

Not yet.

Just take a Disgaea Netherworld. Boom, you've got demonic subjects who love engaging in cartoonish villainy such as pillaging and taking over.

Anyone know perks lo create 'virgin birth' like what God did to Mary?

My clan

Not demonic but with hamsters

>gold where it's white?
Even on the obvious fur portions around the neck area? Please rethink that blanket statement or clarify for Photoshopanon.

you say that statement is that it doesn't specify if in question has it coming or If there is anyone there in the first place,so yes Once in Commorragh and another time in Pikmin

Hit up the Symbiote (Web Series) Jump and get the awesome bio-Injector and make them companions with ease. Then make sure you have the one island chain from How to Train Your Dragon that allows you to have areas where your companions can hang out and you're golden. Citizenship to your little pocket empire now includes a constant companion who can give slightly superhuman stats to them and a trip through the multiverse. Once that gets old have all of your other properties and pocket worlds connect with that one perk from the Old Kingdom and have a pocket galatic/universal empire.

We have plenty of stuff like Dark Binding, Einherjar, actual Hell realms, etc.

I guess you could us A Wish of Hope (Alice's Adventure in Wonderland Jump) to do it.

Jumpers, what's the single greatest prank you've pulled?

is Gaslighting a prank? Because my jumper gaslights political figures At the time

>Jumpers, what's the single greatest prank you've pulled?

>Being this bad at demoning
There are quite a few ways to do it:
>Chosen of the Slain from Valkyrie Crusade
>Gladsheimr from Dies Irae
>Dark Binding from Hellsing + Demon Spawn from Hero BBS to spawn demons with the appearance, memories and powers of the souls you have absorbed, use the Inner World from Infernals to transport them
>Using any of your third or second circles to create some device to turn people into first circles

no, Bancho, gaslighting is not a prank

what the "old disappearing elevator gag?" the "waking up as a seven-year-old" Bit or the "vanishing public records of your existence " trick?
How about arson, is arson a prank?

Do you mean doing it to other people, or yourself? 'Cause I think having bullshit enough biokinesis would let you just make yourself pregnant, if that was a thing you wanted to do.

If you did it to someone else, would it count as a "virgin" birth if you impregnated them with no actual sex involved?

Of course I do!

No, any invasions are definitely going to be alien.

I have a plan for Heathers, and rigging hair dye cannons into half the lockers (the other half will be full of bugs), flooding the gym with invisible LEGOs, and routing a firecracker cascade just past the boiler room will only be the beginning.

Goddammit Bancho you really can't do pranks, can you? It's like you can't understand the fundamental concepts of "funny" or "boundaries" or even "morals".

Hey ClaimsAnon, please put me down for these (and please fix my name).
Mahou Tsukai No Yome
Revelation Space
Soon I Will Be Invincible (wip attached)
Also remove Labyrinth, it's done.

>Mahou Tsukai No Yome
Yes
I need to catch up with the manga,
latest chapters were kinda meh

>Soon I Will Be Invincible
is it a good book? I read the first few chapters, I liked some of the turn of phrases but the narrator just didn't seem genius enough.

Oh god that power section looks annoying to deal with.

So, does this apply to the current jump or will come with the powers update?

I like it, but if you don't like the narrator then maybe give it a miss.

Too much detail?

The Sims 3. It doesn't come with combat magic, but it has quite a bit of convenience spells. And it goes hand in hand with Alchemy, which is surprisingly useful.

World Seed is so good it's pretty much cheating.
The magic system is powerful, versatile, comes with a gamer-like interface for ease of use and the jump is barely dangerous at all if you take the Earth 0 drawback.
Simply put you're in a game and if you "die" you just log out for 5 hours. Normally earth would turn into a death world within a few months and make that guaranteed chain fail, but Earth 0 negates that.
So unless you're dumb enough to die twice within 5 hours, the second time in a relativel safe world where you still have all your abilities from the game, you pretty much can't fail the jump.

Generic Isekai is super safe with the right combo of perks and unique skills.

Lyrical Nanoha has powerful, versatile and well understood magic and combat is usually nonlethal, if you get involved in the plot at all.

It's hard to tell at this point, since it seems to be more of a skeleton.

>Soon I Will Be Invincible
You read those kind of books? Mind if I ask have you ever read The Outlaw book series?

Soon I will be invincible? Awesome!

>Too much detail?
Kind of? It just looks like the sort of builder that's a pain in the ass to deal with. Like it's going to end up with lots of people just defaulting to mad science just to avoid the hassle.

Seperating 'Craft' from 'Intelligence' seems kinda pointless when one is meant to encompass the other.

The M-Class perk is a really bad idea, it sounds like the major heroes and villians are extremely powerful and you're capping powers purchased multiple times for additional power at way below that with the only way around that being a perk that only gets around it situationally.

Let the powers stand on their own, if they are meant to be that powerful make them that powerful if not don't include that sort of nonsense.

It seems more like only the very strongest are at that level and the majority of the series focuses on characters that aren't at that level. It seems fine to have it work that way to me.

>You read those kind of books?
I wouldn't say I have a kind when it comes to books, except 'mostly sci fi and some of everything else'.
>Mind if I ask have you ever read The Outlaw book series?
Never heard of it.

Okay, that's good feedback.

Okay. That's kind of the opposite of what I'm going for. The vast, vast bulk aren't very high powered, but the occasional one pulls out bullshit,
eg: The one guy that's invincible. That one robot girl who's got pretty standard blasters, but has a full-scale nuclear self-destruct. The supervillain who makes one super laser to carve his name on the moon but otherwise just makes normal gadgets and robots.

How does Touhou magic work/come about? Everyone, even the humans seems to have a unique ability, but there's also systems seemingly. Would my children inherit the potential to use it or develop their own abilities, assuming I went in as a youkai?

That said, the perk itself and especially the examples will deifnitely need some work. The examples are hilariously uneven (Pushing an asteroid off course vs pulling an airliner) while some of the others are just from the powers being unbalanced (The Craft/mad science ones are definitely gonna be more popular unless they cost more and when you can already build doomsday devices at x3, the moon moving ain't so impressive)

Most of the plot deals with the smartest man in the world, who's archnemesis / accidental creation is the most powerful hero in the world.

>The one guy that's invincible.
Please explain further.

>Never heard of it.
amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B010H188HI/ref=dp_st_0996229329

I quite liked the series myself, I only got to finish the 2nd book sadly.

Then the bullshit pulls are just clever applications of their powers and we are unable to properly abuse our powers without paying 600 CP?

>The vast, vast bulk aren't very high powered
Go read the back of the book again, the part where all the heroes who form the setting are described. It starts off with a guy who can move faster than light and goes from there.

Those just sound like their abilities don't equally apply to everything. Technology/powers aren't like videogames where everything is perfectly balanced and ability at one level implies equal ability in another. Like even in our world, we can easily wipe cities off the map, yet our power armor is fucking pathetic.

>the occasional one pulls out bullshit
By which you mean it is possible for people to do things with their powers beyond their normal limits if they're clever but jumpers have to pay for an undiscounted capstone to do the same?

There's a superman expy called Corefire. That's...pretty much it. He still gets beat up with magic, but for all practical intents and purposes is "invincible".

Actually, the first entry is "Blackwolf", who has no superpowers. I'm looking at it right now and none of the descriptions say "goes faster than the speed of light". The entry for Go-Man just says "superspeed".

By which I mean that a) not all heroes are born equal, and b) not all heroes can, at all times, use the fullest extent of their powers.

Valeria's the reason you're having to deal with this shit right now. And yet you still use her jumps.

Are you into cuckoldry, by any chance?

>not all heroes are born equal
Then the powers offered shouldn't be equal
>not all heroes can, at all times, use the fullest extent of their powers.
Then the powers should have limits on when their full extent can be used.

The same arbitrary limit should not be forced on to all of them and then given the same loophole only available to those who those who pay for an undiscounted capstone.

There's also the guy with the hammer, who's equally invincible and considered c-list at best.

>Then the powers offered shouldn't be equal
Hence the reason for being able to purchase powers a different tier strengths.

>Then the powers should have limits on when their full extent can be used.
That limit is "when M-Class heroes/villains need to to make the plot go", with the qualification to M-Class being "you bought the perk".

>The same arbitrary limit should not be forced on to all of them and then given the same loophole only available to those who those who pay for an undiscounted capstone.
Yet for all practical purposes, the heroes do have ceilings to their powers which they are unable to overcome.

You're saying things that from my perspective are already built into the way I've done it, but I get it. I'll have to re-do the superpowers section from scratch.

Indeed.

Huh. I was remembering much more comic nonsense in the back. My bad.

To further follow up on Go-man, Dr. Impossible has this to say about him:
>I used to fight Go-Man, the Super Squadron’s speedster with a carefree disregard for atmospheric friction and inertia and a few other things we rubes understand to be the laws of physics. I’d rarely see his actual body, lost at the center of a perpetual whirlwind like a hummingbird’s wing or a helicopter’s rotor, invisibly rapid.
>I first met him in Berlin, and built a whole new class of defenses to deal with his class of ability—trip wires, gases, immobilizing foams, areas of the complex that could seal off instantly if I even suspected he was inside them. Then I’d pour in everything I could think of—poisons, sonic vibrations, mutant bees—until something worked, until he fell unconscious and stopped moving, precipitated out of the air like a spirit.

>not listening to the thread
Do you go by SJ-Chan on another forum?

Please don't redo it yet. The guy is complaining and not listening to anything you say. If he was serious about his critique and not shitposting, he wouldn't just ignore and twist all your words.

two-part question

1.Does the relic option for signature weapon have to be a proper weapon?
2.if yes how "on model" does it have to be? I'm thinking of either purchasing Gleipnir on its own error importing my old piano wire gloves as Gleipnir

Looks like SB is making a Necron jump. I really hope they make it well. Or even just averagely, I want my space terminators.

docs.google.com/document/d/1-QUF3Hh4mQqsJ0_-DRWwE6EzLMSt3ULFXKSdzysx-24/mobilebasic

Touhou magic is...well, is.

It's a little difficult to explain, but everyone has skill / ability, but not quite power. ZUN hasn't been forthcoming with how it works exactly, but that skill / ability more or less colours everything they can do.

So let's take...Alice, her ability is the Doll Manipulation, now while it is clear that she can directly puppeteer her dolls, it's assumed that she uses her magic through her dolls as well, but we are not quite certain of the extent of this puppeteer ability. Like could she manipulate other beings as her puppets? What about non-living things? Or is locked to the puppets she builds?

It's a running theme with Touhou sadly, we get an idea of what the characters can do, but not the limitations of those abilities.

What even is M-Class?

What are some good "gag fighting" perks? You know, stuff that'll let you use toon physics to shrug off attacks, and use blatant nonsense techniques to make fools of the edgy try-hards who think they're invincible?

I have three daughters: Demetria, my eldest, Neve, my middle child, and Noelle, my youngest. They're all very precious to me, and anyone who even THINKS of harming them will be faced with my wrath.

I do it all the time. Can't help it, I'm a demon and a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain, it's in my nature. My empire will conquer everything in its path with my invincible army of ice demons!

I once turned the children of a neighbourhood on Halloween into the monsters they were dressed up as. The kids loved it, but the parents and adults in general freaked out over having to deal with literally monstrous children.

What is that font?

>That limit is "when M-Class heroes/villains need to to make the plot go", with the qualification to M-Class being "you bought the perk".
But that isn't an in setting thing, in setting they can do that shit at any time. Dr. Impossible's inventions weren't ass pull plot moments. They were a super genius being prepared for situations he knew he would encounter.

>Ice demon
That's better than fire demons, but still very meh

What would you prefer? Vanilla demons?

Fuck off.

Reposting this to see if any more feedback is necessary before I put it on the drive.

In particular, the Immortal origin used to have a full perk line, but it didn't make sense in-universe to only have one of the perks, so I merged all the relevant abilities into one big perk and adjusted the price of the origin to compensate. The question that came up last time was: do I now need to make more perks to compensate for the ones I merged in?

What kind of demons would you like, user?

Also, since somebody pointed it out to me a couple days ago, I noticed I never really 'finished' the Shadows of the Limelight jump, so here's an update to that one. Main changes: twice as many domains available, added an 'ending' section, and made the domain transferrer compatible with powers from other universes.

waifu demons

>but they also grow increasingly bored and decreasingly sane
Right, so is this an effect that imposes such things upon them, or just what the author believes to be the "natural" consequences of being immortal?

Will the resistance from My Own Skin let you no-sell the hammers? That's really all I care about.

Hm. I had it written as just being an effect of this universe's immortality, but lemme do some research real quick and get back to you.

Absolutely.

>That limit is "when M-Class heroes/villains need to to make the plot go"
No they aren't, there are actual in setting reasons. Bullshit reasons but reasons none the lass.

that panel makes me mad for reasons I can't explain.

I kind of want to request that Tengu Form be renamed something like Monstrous Form and allow us to choose the aesthetics.

M-Class is just a term that is used to describe the most powerful heroes. Like the Superman expy, and the old Super Squadron who were considered the world's greatest superheroes. The gap in abilities is made clear when Stormcloud and Regina of the old Super Squadron visit the New Champions and Fatale makes the narration "nothing I had could even scratch him" and Regina's scepter comes up as something that could have killed Corefire.

Komika Text

Dream demons are objectively the best kind of demons

Looks good to me. The Immortal origin is fine as it is imo.
I don't know what you'd add anyway, since you seem to have anything canon in there.

Okay, so: it's strongly implied that the boredom and insanity are tied to their increasing intelligence, but not explicitly stated. So you could have it dependent on whether excess intelligence and power would be a problem for you personally. The effect is universal among this universe's immortals, though, so it could make sense as a baked-in effect from this universe's type of immortality. I could write it as being either way. (Note that, whichever tack I take, sanity-inducing perks or anti-boredom perks will mitigate the issue. It's not going to be an overriding sort of insanity.)

That's doable, sure. I'll make the change in the next round of revisions.

Glad to hear it, thanks!

It's pretty comfy.

yay!!

All I can feel when I look at this panel is PURE UNENDING RAGE
WHAT THE FUCK MARVEL

Of course. The assorted misfits who wander from world to world with me are my family. They're a strange bunch, but they're still family.

Not yet he hasn't. But he will. Oh, he will.

>The supervillain who makes one super laser to carve his name on the moon but otherwise just makes normal gadgets and robots.
The gadgets and robots are actually much more impressive technologically speaking. The laser is just a big laser where as gadgets and robots are very small and thus require much more advanced technology.

I honestly don't know why anyone would choose to become an Immortal when it effictively kills them every 200 years. It's not even a good form of immortality.

>robot with a male setting be a step backwards
>implying Mega Man is a step backwards

My guess is that the most common use case would be when people already have, or intend to acquire within their next 18 jumps, one or more perks that let them avoid having to do the reset. And then benefit from the natural growth in power and intelligence that comes as a package deal. But who knows, could be useful for other things, too! I look forward to finding out.