He doesn't use well made proxies that only true autist can know the difference and instead pays $50 - $60 for cards...

>He doesn't use well made proxies that only true autist can know the difference and instead pays $50 - $60 for cards like lands....

Why haven't you taken the proxy pill?

they look like shit even from that photo lmao

>Playing magic

>well made

>Buying fake shocks
>Buying any fakes for anything except powered cube
I use proxies but I have self-respect

when you get tired of playing magic how much can you resell those proxies for?

If I'm getting a proxy I'm getting something with cool custom art, not a fake of the real thing.

I'm pretty sure those are real. As far as I know they haven't printed a Gatecrash Sacred Foundry or RTR Hollowed Fountain.

If they're fake, I'm glad they fixed Clique and Snapcaster.

>I have self-respect, he says, as he throws hundreds of dollars at either megacorps or 3rd party "investors" in order to better compete at a children's card game when he could instead be getting the same cards for pennies on the dollar.

They have and they've been improving.

$0 but paying $100 to get all of my duel lands covered in modern and giving it a useful life of let say 5 years is $20 per year.

As opposed to buying a few play sets that will easily reach $1000 that I will have to sell at a loss and maybe recoup $600-$800?

Nobody at my local FNM can really tell the difference.

Are those current generation? I need my Cliques and Snapcasters replaced.

What a stupid argument. He can either a) be a scumbag and possibly sell them off as real, making a profit or b) sell them as proxies, getting almost all of his money back if he finds someone willing to use proxies like himself or c) he doesn't bother selling them and -still- probably loses less money as says.

I work at a white collar job.

I really could give two shits about paying $100 for fakes. In the end they reproduce the same effect as if I had the real ones. I have a a cube that filled with 40% proxies and my group of friends could give two shits about it because they get to play with expensive but fun cards. Meanwhile we have another friend who made a legit cube and no one really wants to play it because although the cards are real it like 50% common 30% uncommon and 20% mythics and rare but he has no fun cards.

Have you traded many successfully? You would want real cards right just in case, let some other kiddo have the fakes.

No that a scummy thing to do. It all fucking paper and plastic at the ens of the day. Id rather keep them and keep playing decks I want for cheap. The thing about playing with them is you keep them to yourself.

There greater value in having a solid reputation in my FNM group and the ability to play with any expensive card then screw some dumb kid for $60 worth of cards and risk getting ousted.

I make that much in an hour at work.

>nether void
Eh, not bad. Looks sufficiently faded, but there's no way a card like that would be that faded and entirely unscuffed.

>aether vial has shitty fake corners
>that fucking horrible emrakul
>the weird fading on the right side of inkmoth
>that hallowed fountain with the poorly cropped bottom/top boarder
I could go on, but these cards are either bad proxies, or poorly weathered legit cards.

So... At the end of the day you can't even tell. Especially if they were sleeved.

if you are going to use proxies is because you and your friends are ok with and you give no fucks about WotC, you could accomplish that by scribbling on the back of a card with a sharpie
the only people buying premium proxies from Mr. Ching and his ilk are craven faggots that want to be admitted into official events but are too broke to do it

tl;dr if you gonna proxy you can do it yourself and even have custom art in your proxies because you can do it with people who care about the game and not the event organizers

>risk getting ousted
you already risk getting ousted if your FNM organizer ever notices

The number one way to tell a fake card is by feel, but you could just have your exposure cranked way up and a garbage camera.

You hold a legit card from the same set, and a fake card from the same set, regardless of rarity before the holostamp, and you can tell right away which is legit by the printstock. I bought a fake Jin-gitaxias off amazon, and I paid money for a real one, but the card stock was oddly thin, despite an otherwise perfect proxy.

>Money didn't bought me skill so i have to segregate you to not be curbestomped by someone who also made a better financial choice that the one i did
starcity fags and their delusional attempt at damage control

>My $60 piece of paper with words and numbers on it is better than your $0.05 piece of paper with those same words and numbers on it

>paying hundreds of dollars for fakes
>pretending your superior to anyone

Poorfags gonna poor

You expect a volunteer judge to care that much about a well made card? Where the fuck do you go. Mine just wants to make sure everything is going great and collect his judge card. I have never had to have my deck closely inspected. It opens more can of worms than it closes. Especially if they are liable for any wear and tear caused by them. You really think a judge wants to pay $50-60 if they tear a shock or fetch land inspecting someone deck.

I play legacy with homemade proxies
the argument about using legit-looking proxies is only ever mentioned by people who want to use them to sneak into official events; in other words craven faggots who think they are taking advantage of WotC and the event organizers but secretly all they want is their big fat cocks in their mouths, the only good thing about such people is that they still pay their due to keep LGSs afloat
if you gonna proxy have some respect and just leave official events, you are just fueling the shitlord who are ruining magic (who apparently cannot perform quality control on their own stock so the cards don't warp, even though it's their fucking job)
also, I agree with your comment about MtG being pay-to-win, if you bothered to look for it you would have noticed that bubbles of veteran players organize their own proxy-friendly events outside of WotC's world. My local group organizes legacy, extended, and modern tournaments at a guy's place. These groups have skilled players, maybe not Pro Tour faces, but certainly better than what you get on most LGSs today

Reeks of tryhard PC Gaming "Heh I saved a bunch of money and you didn't" faggotry and pointless bickering. Nobody but you cares that you waste hundreds of dollars on fake cards. Neck yourself proxyfags.

>acting like $100-$300 is alot of money in the real world. That one day of wages kid as opposed to a $5,000+ mtg collection just so you can say your piece of cardboard is "real".

>Money didn't bought me
>Money didn't bought
>didn't bought

The absolute brain capacity of proxyfags

> some idiot finds out about you and snitches to get rid of you
> the event organizers (not the judge, but the store owner) catches up on the world of chink proxies
> some tourney grinders can tell the difference and report you to the organizer. if they do nothing they report the organizer
You might very well get away with, but don't pretend you are not risking getting caught.

>the argument about using legit-looking proxies is only ever mentioned by people who want to use them to sneak into official events
No shit sherlock, i will tell you something. i don't respect you nor any faggot because they decided to waste absurd amounts of money on cardboard

I support people like you because you encourage WotC to reconsider the RS. I want to play Legacy with more than some 8-land stompy deck. I work a white collar job and I still can't make my >Jewish upbringing stop giving me guilt over the idea of going all in.

>Paying $300 for fakes

Holy shit it's worse than I thought. You faggots seriously think spending that kind of money on fakes makes you better than anyone and it's hilarious.

>$5,000+ mtg
while I'm not in favor of chinese proxies (unnecessarily expensive for what they are), investfaggots like you are a cancer that should just day
if you want something that retains value buy precious metals, real estate, or modern art

>literally didn't read my post
nigger brainlet detected

>i don't respect you nor any faggot because they decided to waste absurd amounts of money on cardboard

You sound like the faggots on /toy/ who buy Marvel Legends and think their somehow superior to people who buy Hot Toys lmao.

>I-I-I spent less money so I'm der ubermensch! WAAAAAAAAH!

>modern art
As an art-fag, I assure you art is always a poor investment.

Which is why I don't trade/sell? I just keep my proxies to myself and a close knit group of friends. I don't really let anyone look at my card because I tell people I don't like letting people touch my stuff?

Too bad the chinks are also getting better and better with their tech. It getting to the point where the only way to distinguish a real from a fake is to tear it up. And who is gonna tear a $50+ card just to prove it "real"

>Not sneaking your friends' $100 cards out of the sleeve and writing PROXY on the back in sharpie
It's like you don't even know what a funny prank is.

the number of people buying quality proxies is really small to affect WotC's policies, like the list
they just make their local tournament scene look more legit that it is and keep tweens and normies buying singles and lottery tickets

I still made the literally superior financial choice, stay butthurt faggots, keep masturbating to your 250$ beta underground sea

You need to be retarded to spend much money on a children's card game

>modern art

Collectibles are a more worthwhile investment than modern art by a long shot. Buying art is an absolute crap shoot and it can take decades or even centuries for an artist to become famous so unless your descendants hang onto what you bought it'll be fucking worthless in your time.

Eugene Atget for example wasn't famous until years after his death. If you bought his work it was because you were a painter who wanted references not an investor.

My "fakes" give me the same effect as if i played "reals". I don't think i'm better than anyone but i'm just wondering why people don't use proxies more. I've been doing this for a year now. At a fraction of the cost of some other people at the end of the day it me buying the expierience.

>I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I SPENT LESS MONEY SO I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

Don't you have some petitions to be signing about Half Life 3 and Bloodborne being ported to Steam?

Same as before kiddo, there is always the risk of getting caught. Also, I already conceded you might get away with it, stop signaling how nervous you are about actually getting caught.

Already signed thoese faggot

Modern art is not really that good. It's only worth is to be used as money laundering

>not befriending a richfag player at a tournament, get him to invite you to his house where you will murder him and steal his cardboard
It's like you don't even know what a funny prank is.

Egh, if I get caught I get caught. So I get banned at my local card store it not like i'm gonna go to jail.

>Using caps lock to make a point
You need to be over 18 to post here

Sup fellow art fag.

There's exactly one scenario when you make money: spending a fuck-ton on an "on trend" piece of art from a new artist. You buy some of the artist's other works dirt cheap, break the bank on something vaugely dadaist or post-modern, then watch as a swarm of idiots flock to purchase all the other available works of that artist. The only problem is you need between 100k to 1mill to make things newsworthy, otherwise you're just wasting money.

>Not printing out your own proxies

I'm fine with proxies especially in cubes/commander as long as your not one of THOSE faggots who'll proxy 2,000 decks. You either have that shit from buying it or having had them for years or you don't.

If your one of "those" types of proxy users who considers yourself better than others though you're a faglord supreme.

trading them away to a random is literally how you don't get ousted, or returning them after buying online and keeping real ones. Ofc don't do those things just saying

>getting mad about someone using caps to take the absolute piss out of you

Completely different user here, typing like a faggot in personified hyperbole is not good.

>Collectibles
MtG's market is all fukken corrupted as far as collectibles go
If DC reprinted the first superman comic with new art but otherwise the same story, it would not devalue the price of the old collectibles. But if WotC reprinted any reserved cards all versions of those would devalue because investors have warped the value of cards to be not just as a collectible but also a game item
A real collectible market in MtG would be unfazed if they reprinted Lotus in the next Whatever Masters sets because the old collectible ones have value because of their history and being part of the first printing of that card

I buy boosters since it cheaper to play limited and amass some cards in newer sets. I mainly get proxies for duel lands and expensive cards like certain planeswalker.

>you're a faglord supreme beacuse you deided not to wate 2000$ on a children game and instead got the same result for far less money

> not printing your own proxies at the office's printer

I'm not mad. Why would I.

Why yes that would make you a faglord. Glad we've got that covered.

Now back to /v/ and or reddit's pc gaming forum where you can pretend you're apart of some "master race" while being horribly obese

There was a print shop that did this. Made amazing fakes but not many. Most pro print shops can do pretty good fakes.

I don't feel superior to buyfags. but a 250$ difference is a 250$ difference.

Don't fool yourself. All MtGfags are obese.

Obese and smelly

>Have to go ad hominem because his only argument is that it's fefes got hurt

Thread reeks of /v/

Report and move on

have there been any good fakes of foils?

There are CF techniques to do foils but I don't think anyone has bothered with MTG. Keep in mind the chinese print shops are technically capable of copying MTG pretty perfectly. They don't because the general trend is to create counterfeits but make them just defective enough to be told apart.

So for instance they will exactly a copy a transformers toy but intentionally remove a specific bit so it's not a 100%. It's unlikely a consumer will ever be able to buy directly a legit CF, if there are any it's done by professional rings.

Shocks were a couple bucks back when RTR block was in standard. You paid a Chinese sweatshop how much for fakes?

Why do poorfags blame corporations, that pay their employees well and contribute to society, for everything?
then turn around and throw money at some sketch grey market creeps, which pay slave wages to overworked women and children and steal IP, to make them paper with no value
Why do poorfags pretend they're sticking it to the Man when really they're just paying good money for worthless garbage and fucking themselves over?

So how much did you spend on MTG, to have to do this much virtue signaling?

>You paid a Chinese sweatshop how much for fakes?
A couple of bucks, sure a lot less than you have thrown to CF and SCG.
Btw saffron olive told me to ask you: what does his cock tastes like?

>Why do poorfags pretend they're sticking it to the Man when really they're just paying good money for worthless garbage and fucking themselves over?

Because PC Gaming has taught people that spending less makes them superior to others and that supporting things you love is for mouthbreathing manchildren. It's in quite literally every hobby revolving around collectibles these days. If you go on /toy/ you'll see Marvel Legends (children's toys that cost $20 and look like shit) shit up Hot Toys threads going on about how Hot Toys collectors who've usually got their shit together and have good jobs are wasting their money on $200 finely crafted figures when they got a version of that character for $20 even though it looks like hot fucking garbage. You see the same shit even on Veeky Forums where idiots who buy shit cars for cheap go on about how much better they are than people who collect sports cars because they're "functionally identical". It's people with inferiority complexes trying to prove their better in some way.

If there's one thing I wish I could remove from history it's Valve.

buying from the secondary market doesn't support wizards.

Buying boosters, boxes, and precons does though and a lot of people still buy those even when they buy singles.

I buy boxes to draft with friends even though I buy singles for decks. Pulled a nice Mana Drain that's going in a blue EDH deck real soon from it too so it saved me some money.

I've also accumulated good shit over years of being in magic such as a Gaea's Cradle I bought at GenCon years ago for somewhere around $40-50.

Especially if matte front sleeves

almost all of the expensive cards that are made by the chinks are cards you buy from the secondary market.

The best parallel to proxies would be cars, because if a car does what it needs to do well, i.e. drive you to places, then there's no need for a more expensive car other than status, enjoying how it looks, etc. Toys are different, because of build quality. Toys/figures are a case where it being an official product and not a bootleg matter, while with cards if the proxy functions the same way, and looks the same way, the person has saved money for the same function.
The scale of a proxies similarity depends on the person, whether they'd be fine with just using marker on the back of lands, printing card images and pasting them onto basics, or having chinamans because they like some level of quality due to the aesthetic, but don't want to drop absurd amounts on personal favorites, Chains of Mephistopheles in my case, otherwise I'd print stuff out and paste them onto basics.

If you spend that much cash to play a card game you are objectively an imbecile and there is no argument that could prove otherwise.
Just assume you are a total and complete moron and carry on. Any attempt will only reveal even more how much a mongoloid you can be.

those look like shit, poorfag

>Shocks were a couple bucks back when RTR block was in standard
It would be fantastic if they stayed that price. But they're not And it's gross to say to a new player, "too bad you weren't playing back then so you could get your cards for cheaper when the company deigned to reprint them."

They look very good actually. The clarity of the copyright text is proof of that.

No, i.don't support the fucking game. is Mark kikewater going to lose is job because of chink fakes? great Sam fattstoddard? better. Arron froshit? kill him already. Mtg deserves to die since future sight, I'm not going to support a shit design team that give us 99% of literally inplayable shot each set beacuse muh fucking limited.

Angry and poor
What a tragic combination

>I wasted my money and you didn't
>You must be poor
at least took some effort to disguise your ad hominem goy

Just look at this bugman and laugh.
Laugh. My. Ass. Off.

Nigga it's worth 5 times what I paid for

>Impliying you cant sell fakes as reals

>WotC announces that they will begin reprinting the reserved list in extremely limited numbers, on the order of 10 per year and being sent to random game shops on a rotating basis
>Value of first edition cards tanks overnight as "investors" flip their shit and sell off their collections in fits of autistic rage
Please make it happen

It's also due to right-wing politics leaking into "nerd culture" where they believe that spending money is wrong and you should hoard your money until your old and decrepit and can't possibly enjoy it anymore.

>inb4 assmad /pol/ proxyfags get mad because I'm right

It's not right wing to want wizards to invest in Quality control

>Because PC Gaming has taught people that spending less makes them superior to others
No. That's is being a responsible grown up.

>supporting things you love is for mouthbreathing manchildren
Wasting money with superfluous things to fill your void doesn't make you a manchildren, it makes you a woman. You now realize nerd culture is a tool to emasculate men. Enjoy your nightly free red pill.

Just steal the cards from your lgs why don't you

What if you are poor because you bought so many cards?

>right-wing politics leaking into "nerd culture"
>being a manly man is now the equivalent of being right-wing
Delicious irony.

>/pol/ shit

Nah son neck yourself

>this entire thread
People who proxy are more pathetic than regular magic players, because you're spending real money on fake cardboard to play a children's game, because you lack the funds to pay for the real thing.

People who complain about proxies are just as bad, because you lack the confidence to ignore these shit-tards. Did you see those fakes? You put them in a case and absolutely no one would buy any of them. The only "fake" cards you need to worry about are moderately damaged reserve list cards sold for below market value, but if you don't play legacy, it literally doesn't matter.

Get your politics out of my magic, and your shitposting abilities are lack luster. I can tutor you on shitposting etiquette if you'd like, but honestly, most of you are irredeemable samefags. Veeky Forums is a nice place, kindly, fuck off or pretend to care.

I can't wait until chinks figure out how to get the blue tear and light test to work. I'm selling off my Legacy stuff now in preperation.

You don't even have enough test to write a proper reply. Sad!

>"manliness" is just fake tough guyism propped up by petulant insults

well gee it sounds so appealing to be a total shithead, poltards sure do sell it