Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

>Welcome to Kingdom Death!
Now you can finally make your favorite hero, have their head explode, age out of existence, join the Flesh Monolith, get masticated by a giant under-mouth, have their face stolen for a lantern trophy, lose a death wager, lose their humanity to the King’s Curse, give up in the Lantern City, get lost in Overwhelming Darkness, get harvested for resources, have their skull crush their brain, be blasted to ash by the Gold Smoke Knight, die in dark dentistry, eat a rainbow dropping and have their heart explode, have a sword beetle burrow into their brain, get their skull eaten, lose at duel with the Twilight Knight, get exiled into the darkness, get stomped, get crushed, get cleaved, enjoy an infinite kick loop, lose their life in a hunt reenactment, have their dreams stolen and take a one way ticket to Hack City!!!!!!!!!!

Old;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9OsXu_D86IE
youtu.be/NkYYYew8CUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

doggo

Is every KDM figure like that? I almost want to play the game now.

Lets all talk about how rolling 1d10 to see if we erase a character sheet or fill in a new one gets us all hot and bothered

>Not laminating 4 sheets so you don't waste paper.

More or less. More like the OP but the pinups are thicc and can be used in the game if you want.

>Only having 4 survivors hunting.

I fill out a new sheet for every living survivor I send out hunting, but I also clean up the sheet when a survivor dies.

Do you guys normally focus on 4 main survivors and hope they do well, or do you often switch between backup villagers to 'level them up' equally?

>Only having 4 survivors hunting.
Yes?

I just keep a notebook with the population stat increases and other stuff most of the time otherwise I would have run out of sheets ages ago.

Usually a rotation. Depends if I'm trying to get F&T mastery fast or not.

Then print more, the stock sheets are literally the worst option. Every user made sheet is leaps ahead of them in terms of organization.

Always a mix, in case of sudden death before nemesis fights, to avoid top loading injuries and disorders, and avoid issues with missing next hunts.

That's why I use the laminated sheets?

Are just really dense or just wanted to get your point out no matter what?

I'm interested in making a dial counter for armor locations, but I want to know what are the most possible armor points you can rack up on a location and how?

There isn't really a limit.
However, a full set of Lantern Armor properly affinitied will give you 8 in all locations. But you won't often see a full set of Lantern Armor, it requires a very large amount of investment. 10 armor in each location would be a reasonable max, I'd say.
But if you seriously wanted to get as much armor as possible, with core, you could probably get around 30.
It'd require you to be all Lantern'd up, get an oxidized helmet, with three different shields (scrap, leather, and beacon), a shield specialty, armor shrine'd up, get crystallized in the mining event, and have a green savior with as many green specialties as possible use his secret fighting art twice.
This could pretty much never happen, for a large number of reasons, but yeah.

You get 12 armor from a complete Green Knight.

1 from Shrine I think

3 every four turns with Green Ring

Did you have to try to make a meta post about being dense or are you just gifted?

>Takes almost an hour to come up with this "comeback"
lmao work on that wit lil feller.

Whay music do you listen to while playing kdm? This is my favorite

youtu.be/9OsXu_D86IE

Last thread I read that poots said that the ringtail fox expansion would be huge. Where did he say that? I missed it evidently...

Read more of the thread.

I thought there was more, i guess not.

On another topic: does anyone have a laminating guide handy? Never done it before

I just got a printing shop to do it for me.

Don't bother laminating the other stuff I'd say like settlement locations. I did it and it came out fine but you have to do it yourself and do it a bunch of times.

New magnets will be arriving today...I really need to get out and find a tool box now.

>He fell for the magnets meme.

Whatever keeps me occupied.
And swapping out parts to actually represent the gear just feels sooo good.

Finally got the chance to play this a few weeks ago. I tore off the White Lion's testicles twice in a row (we went to fight it a second time), and it made the fight really easy.

I love it. My group is sporadic, though, so I might try to get some of them to play on Tabletop Simulator with me instead (easier to get that going than all of us having the same day and time free).

I don't just sit in front of your dumb ass feverishly hitting F5. But feel free to keep hanging on my every word instead of articulating a lucid point.

The white lion hunt event where you can curbstomp a cub which then might result in an angry mother lion attacking you, is interesting.
it doesn't say that you should remove the groin HL from the deck and you can still find the testicle resource afterwards, so can I assume that white lions are hermaphrodites?
Answer me, poots!

What's wrong with magnets, I haven't seen much of a problem with them.

Not that guy, but to me it looks like they can come apart too easily when you pick them up. I wouldnt want my game pieces to crumble when i move them

Even if they didn't crumble, I've magnetized shit before and it's unsettling and annoying how the poses just go to shit as soon as you touch the mini. Especially with the micro magnets you'll need for KD shit.

>literally seething
lmao I already outed you as a retard and you had no recourse. Sit down loser.

It's a lot of effort for little pay off. And the limbs are small enough to make fucking it up easy.
It's pretty much autism about something that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Most people just use the starting 4 for a reason.

If you handle them with care, you can easily pick them up by the head (my magnets at least allow for that).
Torso and legs are bonding quite well, you just have to be careful with the arms.
Shouldn't be too hard for the average joe.

What's your favorite AI card from the core game ?

Mine's Screaming, just for the sheer fear I felt the first time it came up in my first Butcher fight

Hack City baby.

Not to mention the narrative sculpts make all the effort completely redundant.

Dude. Leave the bait alone, you look worse every time.

Full Powered Flick

Nah the dude made a stupid point and tried to double down on it.

Stupid people need to be called out otherwise they'll keep being stupid and we can't have stupids in KD.

>seething

Oh, shit! You're from /asp/, I...I'm sorry. I didn't realize....

I apologize. I never meant to disparage the differently abled.

>worked
ezpz

I note your opinion and I tolerate it.

this makes me remember that I've somehow fought The Butcher 3 times in a row without him ever using Hack City or infinite kick... should I consider myself lucky?

Lucky is 3 survivors with Legendary Lungs. Consider yourself victorious.

This.

Legendary Lungs is pretty good.

Legendary Lungs really shines on slow weapons because it isn't extra speed, so you can hit multiple times with a Zanbato.

Besides the Zanbato, what are the most reliable weapons from the core set?

Butcher's Cleaver has never let me down.

Fist and Tooth
Bone Darts
Lion Katar (crit farming)
Lion Beast Spear
Cat Bow (combine with bonedarts early on)
Rawhide Whip (priority target, put on tanking guys with high strength)
Counterweighted Axe
Skullcap Hammer
Skullcap Hammer with Lantern Armor
Arc Bow
Steel Sword
Lantern Halberd
Lantern Glaive (get someone with both spear and axe mastery to use this for fun time)
Beacon Shield
Leather Shield
Perfect Slayer
Adventure Sword
BLOODPAINT (opens up so many options. Yes you can activate shields to block and attack with another weapon. Yes you can use two Steel Swords as it's two different attacks.)

Borderline but better alternatives above:
Bone Club (works with bonedart and/or lion armor chest. Honestly, amazing early game)
Scrap Sword (Lion Katar is better)
Rainbow Katana with sheath (better in the core game, with expansions it becomes pointless)
Spear of Longius (amazing, but that fucking irreplaceable)
Dragon Slayer (Better Zanbato but still frail)
Finger of God (Lantern Glaive is way better)

--

There's a lot of issues with daggers in core game, most of the swords are ok and get worse with expansions, beast knuckles are worse than lion katars and no late-game katar.

I forgot to add Butcher's Cleaver to that list but it's a good early to mid game weapon.

If you just want to kill monsters, take the Counterweighted Axe train. If you want to farm, get on the Deadly train.

How does a shield make the king's man easier?

I magnetized an unarmored set. If you go back a few threads, you can see the pictures I took (though the pictures themselves are crap). The minis fall apart easy, and you'll spend more time putting them back together than actually playing. If you were going to magnetize anything I would only do the head - to - torso and torso - to - legs. Take the appropriate arms and a menagerie of weapons for the armor set your using and glue the arms/hands directly to the torso.

That's what happens when you use shitty magnets.

But really, I am magnetizing all this gak because I want to. With the narrative sculpts coming in and the newer expansions being monopose as well, there really is no need to magnetize the core game.
If you make sure to get N52 magnets, then yes, you can do it farly well. it just takes time and a little bit of effort.

I think it negates its trap completely. I forgot.

A bit of debate in my group over the wording for Screaming Antelope HL cards.

Unless they list a specific resource that you get for a critical effect, many critical effects list "Gain 1 Screaming Antelope resource." All other monster HL decks say "Obtain 1 random [monster name] resource."

While I would certainly like to imagine that it means we could pick a resource from the deck, I'm convinced it is likely typo on the antelope cards, and that rule of death would require that we play under the assumption that it is meant to be randomly drawn from the antelope resource deck. Understandably, others in my gaming group are less keen on this, and insist that if we aren't specifically told to get a random resource (as seen for every other monster) and it is every antelope card that reads this way, the antelope is a choose-your-own resource pinata.

Has anyone previously brought this up with the team, and received an official answer?

It's Gain 1 Random always unless it tells you specifically that you get something for the crit. Like getting Lion Testes when you castrate him.

iirc

If it let you pick it would be worded like pic related.

Where’s Scanon with that book?

Gone. The Scribe smote him for tearing apart his book.

youtu.be/NkYYYew8CUI
Also a lot of Darkest Dungeon music.

>Mfw the gf literally begged to play the game again today with me
>Mfw the game is also just as fun to play alone

Fuck me it might be pricey but i feel so silly for being on the fence for these 2 years whether it was worth it or not. The core game so far is so good I'm not even stressed out about picking up the expansions anymore.

Girls fucking love KD for whatever reason.

Trying to fit all the Monsters into specific campaigs. There are some left over at the bottom, but those that have been mentioned to be part of a certain campaign have been put there. Lonely Tree, as far as I know, can be added basically anywhere.

People of the Lantern
- Gorm
- The Butcher
- King’s Man
- The Hand
- Phoenix
- The Watcher
- Gold Smoke Knight
- Ivory Dragon

People of the Sun
- ?
- Sunstalker

People of the Stars
- ?
- Dragon King

People of the Bloom
- Honeycomb Weaver
- Flower Knight
- Dungbeetle Knight
- Nightmare Ram
- Spidicules
- Flower Witch
- Dragon Goblin
- Spiral Knight Nemesis???

Inverted Mountain
- Frogdog
- Oblivion Mosquito
- Pariah
- Black Knight
- Red Witches
- Gryphon
- Mountain Man

Silver City
- The First Hero
- White Lion
- Lion Knight
- Lion God

SCREAMS?
- The First Hero
- Screaming Antilope
- Screaming God
- Lantern Parasite Queen

Left overs
- Slenderman
- Lonely Tree
- Manhunter

If i fight the lion and 1+ survivors dies, does the death principle trigger that settlement phase?

It appeals to both their inner need to rip an animal limb from bloody limb and to manage things.

Yes.

Add Slenderman and Manhunter to people of the sun, you know for fun.

>so can I assume that white lions are hermaphrodites?

The model itself doesn't have a vag, so I think it would be safer to assume that Poots just didn't think about the implications of that hunt event.

You're probably right. I know all the resource gathering/distribution/management has huge appeal to lots of people as well.

Nightmare Ram is Inverted Mountain not Bloom. You should check honeycomb as well. I think that one can be in Bloom or Mountain.
Screaming God and friends (Parasite Queen) is Inverted Mountain as well
IIRC

I would say Manhunter is a People of the Lantern. He's kinda a "one off for fun" kinda fight. At least until you hit his higher level incarnations.

Slenderman makes stuff all about him so he's not so malleable.

Goofed my link.

What order do I want to assemble the 1.5 monsters in?

Currently done the basic survivors and white lion.

It's also the aesthetic figurines and art, it's got whatever you're into. Girls, boys, cool monsters.

Butcher & Antelope are next, then Kingsman, Hand, and Phoenix. Watcher then GSK last.

Thank you user.

I kind of fugged up the Antelope when gluing it to the base last night. Wasn't really thinking ahead and glued its hooves into the center of the base instead of way in the back. Since its pose has it lunging way forward, most of the mass of the Antelope is now in the airspace in front of the base, so that when the Antelope is facing a survivor on the board that it's adjacent to, they're practically touching. Not the worst mistake, but it's kind of annoying.

Honeycomb Weaver only has known interaction with Bloom, you could probably shoehorn it into Mountain and you can definitely add it to lantern but I think Bloom is where it's meant to be.

You could always cut it off the base with a razor saw.

Alternatives which I'm perfectly fine with are:
female genitals do much the same job
the lioness ate a lion's balls and then you fought her

So Sky fish, should they be painted like penguin except brown and blue instead of black and white?

Yeah, I goofed up the nightmare ram.
Honeycomb weaver is only mentioned in the abyssal woods campaign though.
And screamung god isnt mentioned in either campaign.

Maybe White Lions are like Hyenas and have weird dick shaped vaginas with fake balls?

>you gained lion ovaries

Do you still need to wound monster to be able to gain weapon proficiency in 1.5? I'm a little confused about the special rewards nemesis encounters offer.

Someone mentioned that something in the gambler's chest needs one of the expansions to work. Which one? Just so I can know to be on the look out for it if I see just that one expansion on sale.

Yes.

Scanon, please!

She can eat my bone if you get what I'm saying

>Completely wreck the tutorial level lion + 1st level lion
>Decide that hey, third year 2nd level lion should be fine with all this fancy gear
>My best survivors face turn one to four
>My remaining 3 survivors never even caught up
>Did 5 damage
>Lick wounds

Man i love this game.

PLEADING CALL TO ANYONE THATS INTO SCANNING
(scananon maybe please)
i have no way to scan stuff except pay massive fees to some local shop.

i found this idea and it is amazing.
Can you imagine having this reference sheet for all buildings with gear?
So please. is there anyone that wants to take the time to scan at least the core games buildings with the gear cards they can make.

If you used superglue, stick it in the freezer and the glue will become brittle enough to gently snap off the base.

If you used plastic cement, you fell for a meme and fucked yourself.

That's generally considered in bad faith since the game heavily implies you only get the limited info on a piece of gear until you build it.

Most groups play with this non-spoiler kind of mode if they aren't all veterans already.

I've been seriously considering this since pulling out every card from every location every time we're ready to craft stuff is such a hassle and I'll often be playing with newbies so I can't just count on everyone memorizing all the gear. If I do bother to scan all that, I'll let Veeky Forums know.

>That's generally considered in bad faith since the game heavily implies you only get the limited info on a piece of gear until you build it.
I don't know, I'm not the type to look ahead (past things like all of a single card, or the possible outcomes of an optional die roll on an event) but crafting items blindly seems like a sure way to waste your resources and ruin your campaign.

Which is cyanoacrylate?

Super glue.

Does the game really imply that about gear?
Personally, I'd just say "fuck it" to that ruling if it does. Sure, you can screw over the players over when they venture out of their huts, into the vast, unknown world.
But it seems really dumb to me that the settlement part, which is supposed to be a lot more "tactical" and planning, would deprive you of one of the most important things, knowledge.

If you want to minmax, all you need is rawhide sets and zanbatos.

Superglue. (There are a number of different CA superglues with varying formulas, but most all become brittle when frozen)

Plastic Cement literally melts the plastic components together, or "welds" them.

If you were meant to see exactly what everything here does beyond a rough idea, you would have been directly given that information.

There's no rule saying you can't browse all of the Butcher's AI and HL cards in the settlement phase before you Showdown and create his decks, but you'd be providing yourself with an overwhelming advantage by doing so.

Knowledge is earned.

>not him
I generally use superglue but found plastic cement to be invaluable in dealing with the 30000 bird hands

I didn't have a problem supergluing the Phoenix hands, but I'm looking to get plastic cement for the survivors on stone-faced bases since they keep falling off, especially the young survivor. And the Antelope because there's way too much weight off-center.

I'm the sort of person who will look through everything before actually playing the game. AI cards, resources, hunt events, etc. I always like to know what might happen, but obviously I don't always know when it'll happen.

Then again, I've only been playing solo recently. It would probably be a bit dickish to do that when no one else has and use that external knowledge.

Still, considering how many items are "trap" options, I still don't really like the idea of that. Going out and having my survivor be wiped from existence before getting to the showdown, while frustrating, feels like an organic way to get fucked over. I don't wanna find out that I wasted my time by going to craft a Hollow Sword. And when I do play with groups, we've always just looked through the gear beforehand as well.
To each his own, though.