Best primarch coming through

Leave Horus to me.

>Leave Horus to me.
About that...

>Upon the bier lay Leman Russ.
>The primarch’s armour was broken in many places, thick with his congealed blood. His face was a mask of pain, lips drawn back to reveal broken teeth, one eye swollen closed by bruised flesh and shattered orbital bone.
>A hiss escaped the injured primarch’s gritted teeth. His eyes flickered open but his gaze danced around the room without lucid sight. Corax lowered to a knee so that he might hear better.
>‘Death... At your call... I shall return...’ whispered Russ. He sat up suddenly and grasped the gorget of Corax’s armour. There was madness in the Wolf King’s eyes. ‘The Wolftime! I hear... the snarl of the beast...’
>He lapsed into wordless snarls and grunts. Corax pried his brother’s fingers from his armour and let him slump back onto the bier. Laying a hand upon Russ’s chest he could feel the twin beats of the primarch’s hearts, as strong and fierce as ever. His body was broken, but it was his mind, his soul, that had suffered the greatest wounds.
>An odd sound drew his attention back to Russ’s face. The primarch sobbed, eyes closed, breath coming in short gasps.
>‘I failed,’ croaked the Lord of Fenris. ‘Darkness... Hel awaits...’
>Corax cradled Russ’s head against his chest, unsure and unnerved by the sight of one of his strongest brothers cast so low. Seeing the Raven Guard primarch’s fell expression, the assembled Wolf Lords threw back their heads and howled, and the noise of their laments echoed through the corridors and halls of their last outpost.
>Corax spoke quietly, the question asked of himself.
>‘How did we come to this?’

Russ knew it would be a tough fight. Glad he put that chip in Horus' armor that allowed Emps to win.

You're trying too hard.

He's the Emperor's Executioner. He completes the mission when no one else can.

>ywn see dog boy ripped apart by Horus
depressing

Looks like you accidentaly uploaded the wrong picture, friend. Here, let me help you out!

>Laying a hand upon Russ’s chest he could feel the twin beats of the primarch’s hearts, as strong and fierce as ever.
So Primarchs can regrow hearts then? Because Magnus rips one of Russ' out on Prospero.

> the assembled Wolf Lords threw back their heads and howled
Also I thought you guys said 30k Wolves weren't such massive furries?

>oops wrong picture again
Here fixed

Got to make friends to be Warmaster. Good try though!

This scen is so fucking awesome and the the Wolves have to act like the retarded autists they are.

>looks fabulous
>is the most humane
>literally got everything he wanted out of the heresy
all the other primarchs were just little autistic boys that ran around showing off their power that they didn't even earn themselves while Lorgar was being humble and accepting of the humans

>He's the Emperor's Executioner. He completes the mission when no one else can.
>Didnt kill Magnus who ended up turning to chaos
>Didnt kill the Thousand Sons who made it to t he Siege of Terra unlike him
>Didnt kill Angron or manage to teach him a lesson
>Didnt kill Horus and got most of his legion killed having to be saved by the less edgy edgelord
>Has less confirmed Primarch kills the Dorn who is basically the Emperors dorrstop
I can see why the wolves keep talking up Prospero like it was an achievement to kill a bunch of guys with no warning and who started mutating and killing themselves.

>Emperor's Executioner
I wonder where that title actually came from? So far his record shows him being pretty comprehensively unable to execute things aside from some of the vague rumours about the Lost Legions. Calleb Decima is closer to an executioner than he is, and the Ordo Reductor is meant to be the Emperor's WMD scalpel instead.

Meduson certainly is, his Fire Raptor attack nearly killed three Traitor Primarchs stone dead whereas so far Russ has drawn against Magnus with SoS present, got beaten to a pulp by Angron despite winning the battle and now turned into tenderised Primarch steak by Horus. At some point I suspect he's going to pick a fight without sufficient sane backup and wind up like pic related.

>>Didnt kill Angron or manage to teach him a lesson

Actually, LG said that if Russ wanted it he could have killed Angron and ended the World Eaters but he felt pity and saw the whole thing as a big mistake.

>wolves talk mad shit about prospero
>ahriman and other retards did more damage to the legion than russ

Chaos is the ultimate self-defeating sperg faction. That's their thing. Russ coming there to yiff at them a little is pretty paltry when compared to the levels of autism he was up against.

>Logan said that the big bad wolf could have totally done something impressive

Yeah, could have. Didn't though. There's a whole lot of "man imagine if X primarch wasn't useless".

Russ isn't even a shitty primarch or bad fighter. He's just extremely overhyped to retarded levels. That's not even counting the fact that Space Wolves were a cool faction up until they started putting wolf in every item's name and the stupid wolf cavalry. That was when the yiffs jumped the shark.

Russ is pretty decent honestly. Way way worse out there. Problem is he gets wanked on about how cool he was when he cheap shotted an entire planet but bitches when a superior and manlier primarch cheap shots him in a duel.

You again ?

Sure, sure.

Why did they have to ruin the whole setting like this?

>>An odd sound drew his attention back to Russ’s face. The primarch sobbed, eyes closed, breath coming in short gasps.

Leman "Bitch Baby" Russ

Leman knew Angron would kill him before the wolves would've got Angron. Leman knew that his legion would've gotten smashed when he died due to sudden lack of leadership, where as the WE are use to Angron never leading them and would've continued as normal.

Nah, according to Black Library Leman Russ could have killed Angron and his legion. But he didn't because he was the superior man.

So he decided to go out, engage in a massive battle with the World Eaters, get a massive number of his own men killed and then show mercy to the mindless lunatic leading them after already paying significant cost to take him down? That's not being the "better man" by avoiding the death of a death-seeking wounded animal at the cost of many others in full possession of their minds, that's idiocy. The "would have to be an unfavourable mutual kill" thing at least credits Russ with a little strategic thinking above "Charge".

What is it with you guys? That wasn't him either, I think you searched for pic related.

Russ went in all bolshy and throwing his weight around, looking to reprimand or humble Angron. But that's like a red rag to a bull. Angron would have fought TO THE DEATH over something that Russ intended as a demonstration of authority (when he didn't really HAVE total authority, or sanction to do it). He initiated a fight, then realised that his deranged brother would be like a rabid dog, and gladly self-destruct rather than back down.

This isn't intended to show which primarch is stronger. It's supposed to show how upsetting mental illness can be.

Angron (and I say this as one of the biggest World Eaters fans ever) was a brain damaged, irrational monster. Russ wanted to put this upstart in his place, but instead kicked off a fight that should never have happened. When he realised this, and he saw how much damage his ill-thought-out actions could have, he walked away.

So Angron thinks he "won". Russ could have killed all of the World Eaters and their primarch, but decided not to... mainly because he realised that he himself had been a bit of a dick about it. A moral victory, but definitely a shoddy situation that he himself initiated.

Russ should be ashamed, and Angron should be muzzled. There's no victory here.
-Laurie Goulding

>Sat around doing nothing on Terra
>His "walls" got btfo
>Didn't even help out the emperor in his fight with horus

Yep. Still got plenty of rather valuable Marines killed or injured to prove a point and didn't even manage his mission objective. That's quite the clusterfuck for two Legions supposed at peace with each other.

Best Angron

>crushes your skulls

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>An odd sound drew his attention back to Russ’s face. The primarch sobbed, eyes closed, breath coming in short gasps.

Literally sad wet leopard sounds, muh executioners have been thoroughly and totally blown the fuck out to the point that their Primarch is reduced to a sobbing broken mess, fucking pathetic!

Reminder that Russ could have stayed in Terra as Dorn asked him to instead going after Horus because hes a hunter and he has had his legion beaten to a pulp by the Alpha Legion and Horus after they were already beaten in Prospero, which was a Pyrrhic victory at best. Leman Russ literally wasted a full legion effectively removing two legions from the loyalist side.

>Lemon Rust is a good primarch

>Leman Russ literally wasted a full legion effectively removing two legions from the loyalist side.

He would have made a great traitor.

>Leave Horus to me.

>best primarch
>didn't hold the line
>didn't fight on Terra
>failed his Emperor
>even failed at dying
Step aside, furfags, best boy coming through, with based Dorn following him.

I want him back

Based Russposter

>Reminder that Russ could have stayed in Terra as Dorn asked

This isnt Risk. You dont stack all your forces in one place you idiot. Russ killed a lot of traitors and more importantly stalled them for a long time at Yarant. Time that Dorn needed to make Terra a fight.

Well, at least bestbois sons didn't become raging spergs putting "blood" and related words into everything and sometimes literally can't think about anything but "CHARGE!" and....oh wait. Shit.

>‘How did we come to this?’
We participated in BL books

Or be Robots with metal hands, in the iron hands, led by a guy whos name translates to iron hand.

Or be Corvus Corax of the ravem guard.

Or be the even more wolf obsessed Luna Wolves despite the Space Wolves being first.

Or be the dark angels, a legion led by a gay primarch named after a gay poet who wrote a poem about his own repressed homosexuality (treasonous thoughts?) Called "the dark angel"

>Or be the even more wolf obsessed Luna Wolves despite the Space Wolves being first.

Luna Wolves got their names first, and they didn't literally send wolves out to fight.

Nice Fenris System your sons have there, it'd be a shame if someone were to... burn it

To be honest if I was connected to best boy on multiple levels I'd be pretty fucked up when he is killed by some faggot hopped up on demon juice.

>Luna Wolves got their names first

Hephephephep. No

To be fair most of the VI legions actions were kept secret and were unknown to all but the emperor before the Space Wolves were first brought out of secrecy like 10 years into the crusade, long after "Luna Wolves" were coined. After they became a known factor they got the Space Wolves nickname which irked the Luna Wolves because the Space Wolves were more deserving and fitting for the title.

Fair enough.

Read nigga

Still, Luna Wolves got the name before they had even left the solar system. Using wolves in combat is a good argument to have wolf in your legion name however.

Hmmm... the 16th were nicknamed Wolves before the 6th but the 6th proved better suited to the name.

Horus was found fist followed second by Russ...

Horus was tasked to serve directly in conjunction with the Emperor himself, which was a great honor, but Russ was always outside the chain of command or served classified missions given by the emperor himself...

even after he was named warmaster Russ and his Legion was very independent and fell outsode of Horus'command much like the custodes and sisters...

Was Horus jelous?

Best Primarch reporting in

Horus commanded the space wolves. Prospero violently confirmed that.

This again huh

Where did you get that image of me? I'm not a Primarch! I just clean people's hab-blocks!

Horus altered the Emperor's orders, he didnt override them.

can I play guys

> Russ and his Legion was very independent and fell outsode of Horus'command much like the custodes and sisters...
Lol why do yiffers always make shit like this up? You're legion was the same as everyone else, just with wolves.

Put your dicks on the table, lads.
Always bet on blue.

Read Inferno and stop shitposting.

How big would the backlash be if the "Alpharius killed and replaced Gulliman" theory were true?

Who?

Show me one quote where it says SW werent under Horus' commander when he was made warmaster.

All those accomplishments and yet the Emperor never favored Guilliman like he favored Dorn and Fulgrim.

The fact that the Emperor placed Custodes, SoS, and the Ordos Sinster under Russ' command and never once under Horus' proves Russ was an independent force.

The Emperor clearly saw Guilliman was unsurpassed as a primarch and didn't require platitudes and mollycoddling.

Then why did the ultras cover themselves in laurels while other like the wolves were tasked against the greatest threats lile the Rangdan?

So no quote then just more bullshit. Thanks for proving my point dumbass.

You wouldnt be so mad if you really thought it was BS.

>Then why did the ultras cover themselves in laurels

They're rightfully proud.

>other like the wolves were tasked against the greatest threats lile the Rangdan?

They're useless meat robots, whereas Ultramarines are men of worth and busy with the actually important jobs.

>U MAD
Thats your defense? is the 2007.

The Emperor trusted Russ more than any other, that is why he was His executioner. It is known.

Yet it was stated that only Russ leading the Wolves and Dark Angels could be trusted to end the Rangdan threat for good.

By who?

Read inferno you colossal faggot, or do you expect us to feed you and wipe your ass as well?

They have no proof otherwise they'd provide it. Just ignore yiffers they're retarded after all.

>Read inferno

Oh, so some in-universe historian. What I'm saying is that it's not actually canon you plebe.

But they didn't even end the Rangdan, they cleaned up after Emps pulled out some superweapon.

If Russ is so great how come he hasn't returned to save the Imperium?
People give Guilliman a lot of shit for not being at Terra, but no one else showed up to help him save the galaxy in over a hundred years.

>its not true because of conditions I deem unfair

End yourself

Who do you think is keeping Lorgar, Fulgrim and Perturabo locked away in the eye? It's Russ and Corax.

In universe hear say is never canon.
Provide some objective gods eye narration or go.

They're doing a pretty bad job given none of them are locked in the Eye.
Step it up animal guys.

How new are you to 40k friend?

I'm a veteran, which is why I know not to take in-universe hearsay as canon like a plebe.

Fulgrim sent some clown at Robute with a cursed crown, other than that what has he done for 9,000 years? As for Lorgar he is still MIA

Changing the Emp's orders is still a massive amount of control. Especially without reporting back to Him or asking for a second opinion.

It's not in books, therefore has no meaning

>I'm a veteran
Calling stolen valor on you

>asking for a second opinion.
You dont know how the CoC works in wartime do you? This isn't Crimson Tide or The Hunt for the Red October.

>asking for a "second opinion"
>from a trusted and confirmed source
>during a rebellion
>with fubar warp communication

Russ' retardation isn't up for debate. This incident simply proves that Russ was under the Warmaster's command.

>what has he done for 9,000 years?

He's been hanging on his own pleasure planet, and he's sworn to corrupt Gman.

>As for Lorgar he is still MIA

Lorgar has hanged with Abaddon, he's not trapped anywhere.

>Fagnus was warned
>Fagnus was warned again
>OK Fagnus its not funny any more, listem to me and your brothers Russ and Morty who have fought horrors of the warp you cant imagine
>the Emperors ruling was broadcasted and heard by all
>the Emperor's warning to Magnus was broadcast and heard by all
>Magnus fucks up yet again
>Horus falsifies the order

HURR DURR RASS WAS SOO STOOPID TO BELIEB DA EMPRA WANTED MAGNIS DED

>emps literally needed magnus to fix his fuck up or nothing else would matter and chaos would win making the whole war irrelevant

Either Emps was dumb and didn't tell Russ any of this, or Russ was a bloodthirsty idiot ala Inferno. Magnus should have surrendered the minute Russ came into the system though.

Then, as fucking EDITOR of the series, why didn't Laurie Golding step in and say "You know what, this is utter shite. I'm not commissioning this. Fucking write better, cunt."?
Laurie Golding should be ashamed. And the Yiffers should be neutered.

The Emoeror clearly wanted Magnus and his legion rekt. Why else send Russ? If he wanted it done peacefully he would have sent Gulliman or Fulgrim.

Ward pls go.

Probably because that was before Laurie took over? Also even ADB had Lorgar point out Angry rons retardation. It was clear Russ had the high ground the whole time.

>It was clear Russ had the high ground the whole time.

He could have used his Legion to kill Angry Ron, but he still lost 1v1.

t. retarded yiffer.