Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1905: What Are Followers Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35570755/#35573497
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34053696/#34066830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jumpers!

How many of y'all still pee and poo?

Do you need to drink? Eat? Breathe?

That's so vulgar I want to give you a low five.

This is what you start the thread with?

I have a Symbiote.

Jumpers!

What is your weirdest power, perk or ability?

Followers are essentially companions who can't be imported, yet don't count as companions for the purposes of companion limits. It varies from instance to instance, but they usually get the other benefits like respawning.

What? I'm curious. Sims 3's Steel Bladder is one of the first things I took in my chain.

Makes me sad we do not have more followers.

Yeah, eventually you could learn all skills (but I don't think there's a set number of those).

What skills you learn depends on what you do/how you fight. Kouki starts as a frontliner and has strength and speed buffs, as well as Limit Break (skill), then he starts using more magic and he gains skills to buff that, after he starts using more LB, he gains a better version of it.

Like I already said, Predator is quicker, but dependent of what you eat, while Uncapped is more steady and works depending of your style.

Have you decided not to visit a setting you like because the jump for it is bad?

Ark Surival Evolved has a perk to make your poop work on the game mechanics. Instead of actually physically pooping your poop just appears around your feet.

Is companion respawn actually a global rule or just a thing most people homerule?

Hey Val, what rank NP would I need for an ability that prevents the degradation of skills over time due to lack of use?

If we use predator on basilisk in HP then we would die from poison/venom or predator would shield us from it ?

Ghostbusters. I'm taking Golden Sky Stories instead.

That sounds more like a drawback than a perk.

Global and true.

Seems pretty hard to justify as an actual NP but it probably wouldn't be that high. E or D rank I guess.

Thanks.

Where did that rule come from though and how exactly does it work? I've read it a lot but can't find it in Da Rulez

It is part of Basic Videogame Bullshit which also includes other stuff like stat points and damage mechanics. The poop stuff is in the notes.

Just bringing this question up from last thread

I'm not sure how Basilisks are in HP. I think their blood is poison, right?

Well, I suppose it would be a gamble if the poison affects you before Predator kicks in and gives you a poison resistance/immunity.

In canon mc gets poisoned a couple of times, and has to use his potion to not die. While there are also instances were he simply gain the skill before the venom kicks in.

So, either use a potion to be sure or fanwank.

Not really. For one, it applies to creations. Enchantment isn't really creating entirely new things, so item creating stuff isn't going to work with it. You're just buffing existing stuff. For two, even if it did, Original MK just doesn't give a boost that's gonna come close. It might get you a little under a letter Rank Up equivalent but it's not too impressive.

>How many of y'all still pee and poo?

I don't need to do it but I find meditative so I do It anyway.

>Do you need to drink?

sure do, Gotta keep those gourmet cells happy

>Eat?
See above

>Breathe?
sometimes I switch to my closed-circuit secondary Respiratory system but yes.

>I find meditative so I do It anyway

You never fail at finding new ways to repulse and disgust me.

Basilisk poison in HP is so dangerous it's one of the things that permanently destroys Horcruxes. Objects with pieces of soul shoved in them giving that object a form of invulnerability.

The only other things are powerful enchanted weapons and Fiendfyre, an uncontrollable Living magical fire that scours literally everything when unleashed.

Oh, and the maker's own remorse for creating a Horcrux and their deliberate destruction of said object thereof.

Companion respawn is an actual thing. It's just one of those things Quicksilver/Artie mentioned in-thread instead of writing down somewhere. Since he was basically the founder, he canonized it for lack of a better term. I can't remember whether it was two days or a week though for how long it takes for them to respawn.

Week IIRC

Yeah I thought it was a week too, but then there's the fact that Pod Companions take longer to respawn and them taking more than a week doesn't sound right.

It's either having Gatorade Blood or the ability to hatch any egg instantly, even fossilized ones.

Huh, that sounds powerful. I think it would come down if you already have some regeneration or potion resistance.

Since I'm not very familiar with HP, feel free to fanwank.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35570755/#35573497

I thought it was a day for normal companions and a week for podded ones.

Ah, alright, thanks for clarifying! It might be worth putting somewhere in the rules documents because it won't be clear to jumpers otherwise. New Jumpers might buy their companions unnecessary respawn perks otherwise. Also, the Alt-Chain Builder for example has a perk for rezzing Companions each jump which would also be unnecessary with that rule

>the ability to hatch any egg instantly, even fossilized ones

From where?

For Soothsayer in Katanagatari, is there any limit on how far you can see into the future? It's mentioned that you can see hundreds/thousands of years in the future, but then this sentence says that you can see pretty much everything that will be invented.
>So long as it would eventually be unlocked by someone other than yourself in the future of the world you are in

So, do you think that in Worm I could see whatever shard-tech the Entities have cobbled together when the universe finally ends? And when the perk says "world", does it mean the planet you're on or the universe you're in?

I can basically channel TV Static. It can cause some pretty nasty scars.

Alterworld I believe.

Thanks dude, that's real handy.

No worries, user was the real MVP this day.

As for the Alt-Chain builder, I'm pretty sure that was made by someone from Spacebattles. They might use a different general rule set for stuff over there, but I'm not completely sure.

Well that's. I feel like that should be impossibly broken for some reason because eggs are often magical, but I'm struggling to come up for a reason why. Is Pangu a thing in the Percy Jackson series?

Eh, I'd say it'd still be limited by the thousands of years stuff. I guess it'd work by the setting, not just planet.

Broody Hen, from Alterworld D. Russ.

...What? It's an ability I didn't already have, and hatching dinosaurs or pokemon out of fossil eggs without needing any tech or study seemed like the best use of a spare 100cp.

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34053696/#34066830
Heh.

Hahahahaha. That is gold.

i really really like this juxtaposition

Makes you wonder what would happen if someone traveled back in time and posted some of the recent jumps like D.Y.N Freaks
Would Quicksilver and Red explode from all the rage?

>Pods don't count towards the limit
Man, I have been using that rule for ages and even argued that it was canon but I couldn't find the quote.
Also, I didn't remember them able to increase the companion limit. Does this mean that CP Items increasing it would be valid?

I don't get the joke. Things were different. So what?

I have a spell that removes the need to go to the bathroom. I just cast it periodically.
I also have a spell that causes people to shit their pants. I cast that on people who annoy me.

I used to hold onto my need to eat and drink because I liked the sensation, and I felt like it kept me grounded, but I eventually lost it when I became a Guardian for Clow Reed.
... I can't tell if it's the memories FROM that particular background or not, causing me to hold him in such high regard, but... honestly, I feel like it's a pretty suitable place to cash that particular chip. Clow Reed's a pretty cool guy.

Again: I have a spell that is specifically designed to cause people to shit their pants.

Prob'ly Hellblazer. I don't see myself ever making a build for that.

Is Kamuianon still around?

>rage
>not fear

Remember, everyone was still fresh off of Magical Realm back then. They wouldn't trust anyone not to go potato-mode with it.

It is funny how things change. Interjump balancing used to be supported by the jumpchain creator but now it is considered shitposting.

Something being "inter-jump balance" is often used as a way for a jumpmaker to deny offering something in a jump, but I'm pretty sure it's why we're where we are today. Fuck, look at Quickie using inter-jump balance to justify arbitrary limitations. We should've realized at some point that we can't have it both ways, maybe things would've stayed reasonable.

Any jump with a mandatory lost condition different from dying. Things like Dragon Ball Multiverse, The World Ends With You, Youtube and others.

No chance.

>MR
That reminds me, what happened Red's Blue?
You speak too soon. Remember how power-levels were treated less than a year ago, when we arguing about Exalted being 'too strong' and limiting charms.

Just go to sword art and buy the cheap perk like ridong a bike.

Thing is, interjump balancing was only really viable when jumps were at a similar level of power, but now they vary wildly in strength. Jumps can be from anything between normal teenager to universe destroying gods level.

Post a pic of your current Jumper's looks

They use it in the story like a tactical nuke. Take a bigass fossilized raid monster egg, drop it in the middle of your enemies camp, and hatch it.

What would you do if someone revealed that Record the Recording was really just an alternate ID used by your favorite tg/IRC jumpmaker? What if you were the one to discover it? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

I would be amazed at the level of effort put into it and laugh.

Heavens is record? Makes sense.

Record is Heavensanon?

Well, that's weird.

Back then, interjump balance was kinda viable, because some of the highest power jumps we had were shit like Fullmetal Alchemist and Harry Potter, which are barely even a blip on the radar nowadays.
Quicksilver went on record many times saying he didn't expect Jumpchain to get as popular as it did. And that was back before we hit even 200 jumps. We past 800 now.

He underestimated Veeky Forums's autism.

The egg on is easily my favorite silly perk.

No chance at all. Quicksilver wasn't even good at balancing things. He used to cut the hell out of things from their canon incarnations, but also added random things that didn't exist in the setting and were way better for no reason. Savant and guns in Pokemon, and Hyperkinesis in Mystery Dungeon are the most glaring. He just added those because he enjoyed gun fu. Not to mention knowing how Pokemon level technology works is put on the same level as being sneaky in a crowd. I still think they're fun, but he had strange ideas for how to maintain it.

Who is record? Ricrod?

>NuBee is Record
>He has been putting Val into the path of powerwanking
Now it all makes sense

>Who is record? Ricrod?
I would like to say that Record does not ever post anime gurls, so I find it hard to believe it is them. Then again the names are so similar...maybe that is what he wants us to think.

>We are past 800
Actually, we are 900+, and probably pass 1000 if we count lewd, Reddit and SB jumps

To any Anons here who know Irish Gaelic, would Mac Caillte translate well to Lost Son? Been trying to come up with a name for my new NP.

Val? A question if you don't mind.

How would you rate an NP that does the following?

> Ua Dun Scaith (ver. Grand Ruler)
Takes completely mundane objects and makes them into plain NPs, the more mana poured into the NP the higher ranked the results.

Grand Ruler can make a decree using Runic script that is then folded into the new NP. That decree becomes that NP's special ability.

No matter the rank, after Ruler stops feeding mana to the NP, it fades away.
> Currently at EX level, Rune Magic is also at EX level

> Mac Caillte (name wip)
"Remembers" NPs created with the above NP, and allows for Ruler to summon them again, one at a time, for single use only. However, each summoning degrades the NP by one rank until it drops below E-Rank.
> Currently at A++

Ua Dun Scaith is supposed to be for nameless heroes making miracles happen with ordinary objects. The decree part plays on the Ruler Class, and the fact that some of these nameless heroes had to lead panicked people out of danger by any means necessary.

Mac Caillte represents what usually happens next, where people start analyzing and breaking down what the person did and how they did it, revealing the Mystery behind the Miracle, until it becomes something people believe anyone could've done.

>Who is record? Ricrod?

Fuck, dude. I'm not that dingus. why people keep saying that shit? I have feelings. I'm now sad.

Really? We have entire armies, cults, and more.

>guns in Pokemon

You can go and cry with DiSU, Record

No stacking NPs. Not even if you are a Grand. So ignoring the second one for now.

The first one is fine.

I don't think I know who that is. Spacebattles person I assume?

>Record

STOP!!! THis is not alright !!!!

> that time Team Rocket just straight up robbed a store with machine guns
> James said they were packing "Ice Guns"
Yeah, sure, James. I bet they're really good at putting people on ice.

Pretty sure they decanonized that episode.

>No stacking NPs.
Different user seeking clarification on this rule.
Is it just forbidding NPs that act on the effects of another NP, or is it any NPs that act on the same types of things?
For example, is it possible to have a NP that is a super punch and a NP that increases punching strength in general?

The Blend-in perk in Pokemon actually applies to more than just disappearing into crowds, it also eases attempts to hide in plain sight and to shake pursuers.
But your point still stands, in my opinion.

I am presently working on my build for the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Not being shown in the US because of censorship is not decanonization.

You could make a pokemon game jump you know. It is an alternate universe and qs has given permission in the past.

The jump is based on the game.

Remember that episode where james wore a bikin into a swimsuit contest?

>Nightmare Before Christmas.
Take Trap perk

Make a band out of singing skeletons.

The jump is based on the show.

Yeah, it was pretty hot. I also remember Ash dressing up as Ashley, he was kind of cute like that. Should've stayed that way.

The jump is based on the manga.

I think the Jump is an amalgam considering he uses IVs as a mechanic for your starter, and has the HM case.

All I can say is, you should see the other guy, and that Zeus totally had it coming.
> Currently in God of High School

The jump is based on an obscure fanfiction.

>Yeah, it was pretty hot. I also remember Ash dressing up as Ashley, he was kind of cute like that. Should've stayed that way.

user, what in the fuck?

Game. QS stated it several times. The games, but 'expanded like the show', which is just an explanation for how jumps are treated like settings and not media.

They did have tms and hms in the show though it never came up much and you could teach pokemon stuff manually too. Like teaching pikachu rocket punch.