Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xc8akxwI56s
planetebook.com/ebooks/The-Illiad.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=od5pOw6y2a0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why not triple wielding?
> Or quintuple wielding?

nigga how many fucking hands do you have

My setting is set 5000 years in the future and people can modify and genetically engineer their bodies, so yes, quintuple weilding is possible, but without proper brain improvements/mods and strength you would not be able to aim all those guns/weapons effectively.

>Quadruple wielding Thri-Kreen master race

>Do you approve of dual wielding?
Yes.
>If yes, where do you draw the line?
At number-of-prehensile-limbs wielding.

I definitely don't draw the line on octopii

If we are talking about a reasonable amount of arms on a creature, then 4 is about my max just making sense of the physiology. And for a 4 armed creature, I can see large shield, large weapon, and defensive weapon being manageable. I think any more than 3 weapons (one being a shield) has no shot of being manageable except in very controlled dueling circumstances.

What about bladed greaves and punch daggers / sais / katars on a kickboxing fighter? That's technically 4 weapons on a humanoid.

yes
in war you want a shield
most races don't have three arms
>Or quintuple wielding?
you got four arms? then sure

Those largely augment unarmed attacks. Most systems don't treat kicks, punches and elbow/knee-strikes as separate weapons with their own stats.

No, it's fucking stupid shit for 13 year olds.

One of my players basically did that once. I let him do it, but gave massive penalties for using the mouth sword. I think he hit with it exactly once.

youtube.com/watch?v=xc8akxwI56s

Everyone can dual wield with heavy drawbacks. It's generally gimping your character until you specially designed and trained that character for dual wielding.

In that case you can dual wield a sword and a parrying dagger pretty well and it actually becomes viable in Battle. However, dual wielding most other stuff will still fuck you over. It does give a bonus on showfighting and theater performances

I like the idea of Dwarven wrestlers covered in bladed armor as feared underground warriors. Bladed greaves, bladed gauntlets, a knife edged unicorn horn on their helmet, spiked knees and elbows. That's like ten weapons.

so a Battlerager?

Thibbledorf Pwent of the Gutbusters was cool I guess

If it's good enough for the Iliad, it's good enough for me.

Quadruple wielding you say?

And it looks retarded.

Yup, system has dual wielding one handers as strictly better than a single one-handed weapon. It just happens that a spear tends to be better in most situations and the best off-hand weapon by far is a good shield.

One DM I had threw a -2 modifier (I wanna say) on attack rolls for dual wielding. It makes sense, because if you're trying to use two weapons you're likely going to have a little trouble with it compared to one weapon.

>Opponent blocks a strike from the third sword
>All of your teeth break off
Is there any reason this wouldn't happen?

Well, you'd have to have some damn good bite strength for it to break all of your teeth instead of just dislodge from your mouth.

You aren't able to generate enough force by twisting your neck to knock your teeth out. Or hurt the other guy.

Why stop at 5?

>Sword/Dagger
>Bolognese dual rapier
>Katana/Wakizashi
>two fists
>Arming sword and just bashing a fucker's teeth in with your shield

Zoro's fortitude save is retarded.

Never heard of it but that guy has a ton of weapons

You're free to wield as many weapons as you want.
That said we run a relatively down-to-earth medieval fantasy setting and dual-wielding is much like dual-wielding guns, ineffective and potentially hazardous to yourself and your surrounding.

because it's fucking anime
shit is fucking retarded, why do people keep asking is the most inane shit is even remotely possible

this seems the most likely

Dual wielding is fine. I'd limit it to n-wielding where n is the number of manipulator limbs the character has.

>Katana/Wakizashi
don't want to be that one pedantic retard but they weren't wielded together. smaller one was just for fighting in quarters where the longer wasn't convenient.

What is even the point of the sword in his mouth? How does he except to generate enough force to do meaningful damage to anyone? Why would he devise a way to fight which essentially forces him to constantly look away from his enemies?

>Skallagrim
Into the trash it goes.

Niten Ichi-ryu, Musashi's style, has a number of dual wielding techniques and believed that you should at least practice fighting with a sword in each hand.

Remember when these where among the daily troll threads and not race-
and general /pol/-b8ting?

Why?

Nobody dual-weilds in the Iliad, retard.

I mostly play thri-kreen.

>>Or quintuple wielding?
>you got four arms? then sure
hmmm....

In a high fantasy setting, why the fuck not? If casters get a free pass to manipulate the laws of time and space, why would I be anal about something as trivial as dual wielding?

The rules and what's reasonable.

It'll cost ya a home-brewed feat, but if you have no problems with doing it Zoro style then why not?

>Or quintuple wielding?
Unless your name is Goro, no. How the FUCK would you even justify this? Well... I don't know... I guess if we're dealing with a guy with a sword in his right hand, a retractable blade in his left and two boot blades I guess he could use some capoera-esque martial art that allows him to attack with all four blades in quick succession. If this doesn't break the rules too much, I'd allow it (with the appropriate penalties extrapolated from dual wielding of course).

In One Piece there is no upper limit the human body, so the more you train the stronger you get. Zoro, the character in the pic, can bench thousands of pounds for example iirc. So generating force is not an issue. As for why he does it, it's basically because he's stupid.

Sure, I even have distinct advantages to using different types of weapons together.

As long as Easton-Senpai has no problem with him, neither do I.

Let's not forget that he can talk with a sword in his mouth because he "speaks with his heart". I'm not even mad, this is the author flat out admitting it's bullshit and he doesn't give a fuck.

>Not hextuple wielding katanas
A not shitposting answer would be: of course I allow dual wielding, it was used in ancient china quite effectively from what I've gathered.

One Piece is only even decent because it doesn't give a fuck about anything. It literally ret-conned a next level of power once the literal half-way mark of the grand line was reached.

Please actually read the poem before you stay stupid shit like this.

planetebook.com/ebooks/The-Illiad.pdf Page 419.

>Asteropaeus stood up out of the water to face him with a spear in either hand, and Xanthus filled him with courage, being angry for the death of the youths whom Achilles was slaying ruthlessly within his waters. When they were close up with one another Achilles was first to speak. 'Who and whence are you', said he, who 'who dare to face me? Woe to the parents whose son stands up against me.' And the son of Pelegon answered, 'Great son of Peleus, why should you ask my lineage? I am from the fertile land of far Paeonia, captain of the paeonians, and it is now eleven days that I am at Ilus. I am of the blood of the river Axius, of Axius that is the fairest of all rivers that run. He begot the famed warrior Pelegon, whose son men call me. Let us now fight, Achilles.'
>Thus did he defy him, and Achilles raised his spear of Pelian ash. Asteropaeus failed with both his spears, for he could use both hands alike; with one spear he struck Achilles' shiled, but did not pierce it, for the layer of gold, gift of the god, stayed the point; with the other spear he grazed the elbow of Achilles' right arm drawing dark blood, but the spear itself went by him and fixed itself in the ground, foiled of its bloody banquet.

Realistically, dual-wielding is entirely feasible depending on the weapons though. Pairing up two of the same weapon is usually pretty stupid, but there are legitimate advantages to having a pair of weapons with different traits.

The Chinese designed weapons specifically for double wielding, such as these, and there are forms entirely dedicated to the use of two weapons, especially those such as daggers, hand axes, short clubs, and paired sword and mace.

You'd be surprised actually. The brain works by beingable to decifer any info given to it after enough time. Thats how the damn thing can doso many different things.

Sword dagger and shield combos? Sure! Sword and gun? Sure! Two swords? Maybe. Two axes? I don't like it. Two maces? I don't like it. Two spears? As long as it's just one spear being used, I think it works. Two guns? I don't like it.

Mechanical sense or whatever seems cool.

>Or quintuple wielding?

Depends.

one piece humans are insanely durabe

One could ask why he's even using swords at that point...

I approve strongly of it.
Of course, you'll need to be trained specifically how to dual-wield, but...

In addition, orcs in my settings have prehensile tails that can be used to hold weaponry, leading to triple-wielding orcs.

Of course
I don't care how strong you are, you're not dual wielding claymores.
That's dumb
>Or quintuple wielding?
That's dumber

Those look like one of those weapon that ill informed people claimed were used, but never actually were. I'm not saying that's the case, but those look unwieldy and uncomfortable.

>only quintuple wielding
Get on my level.

Those things look like shoulder mounted rocket launchers you'd find on a mech. I imagine they shoot swords and hit his foes with the hilts.

He trained his teeth you fucking DYEB. Go squat some iron with your mouth before you talk about shit you have no idea.

He's a massive furfag who even made a cringy inducing OC on deviantart that he has since deleted because he couldn't handle the bullying after /k/ found out.

If someone came to me with the idea of dual-classing Ranger/Ranger with the intention to dual-dual-wield bows I'd allow it

How does that affects his opinions on HEMA... how?

They're lighter than standard swords, and also have minimal edges. They're used for piercing attacks and grappling, as well as disarming others. It's hard to claim they were never used when they're awfully prevalent in the martial arts and have forms designed specifically to utilize them, as well as having lots of examples in historical museums.

Fucking Mao destroyed so much historical info.

He actually doesn't use that many at a time, rather he throws them out of their sheaths so they land in the ground, and can then use them as part of set-up strategies in conjunction with KEEP OUT tape.

A more sober design for the same weapon, the hook sword. Their lenght is comfortable for one handed use, and techniques involve hooking wields and other weapons, push cuts with the handles and stabbing with the two spear points.

>"Sometimes I guess I feel more like a red panda though... you know, kind of lazy, just wanting to chill and eat."

jesus christ it's Matt from SBFP all over again

That's obviously for when his shitty nip swords break in battle
On a probably more realistic standpoint, because of the method katanas are made in, swords have different compositions of soft to hard metal. In theory, a hard sword is good for cutting but can't block any attacks, while a soft one has tye ability to block but dulls often and might bend from regular combat. You could prepare for different kinds of engagements using swords composed of these hard/soft metals in varying degrees and placements, so really, this guy's got a peasant cutter, a samurai dueling sword, a sword that's best for blocking, and maybe one of those wooden sparring swords as a decoy

No.
He uses them as claws.

>a peasant cutter
And what is that, exactly?
I find it odd that there is this idea that a sword that is actually crafted for military use isn't good for combat.

Sengoku Basra is the exhalted of historical sengoku period anime. Everyone wields weapons that make the least amount of sense possible, including a giant detatchable disk blade, an anchor, twin spears, a 6 feet katana, six swords at once, a floating buddhist rosary, and nothing but bare manly punches.

youtube.com/watch?v=od5pOw6y2a0

i draw the line at limbs, Dumbass.
why wouldnt i approve it? Depending on the system there is already a nice balance built in. even 3.5/pf is actually balanced in this. regard. without feats/skill its a huge penalty to use duel wielding. with 3 different feats you can duel wield with minor problem, and it dosent break the game or anything crazy.
this is a troll post that got a cock load of (yous) with its bait. So KYS

Is this game rules? It certainly isn't real life.

All he would need is that one good sword for everything. Maybe a second just for the unlikely scenario it does break. Metal hardness makes it brittle and likely to break yes. This is most likely to happen when forced to flex under a hard thrust. It can happen why cutting just as easy as if parrying another sword. In fact much more likely in practice. As parrying tends to have quite a lot of give.

The fact that historically his helmet had an actually even BIGGER crescent moon on it is the proof that anime is in fact real.

>not simultaneously wielding 7 swords, and none of them in your hands

I'm under the assumption that using a sword (historically sidearms) against another military use weapon like a polearm would be a little silly. But when you're fighting an unarmed and unarmored peasant it's no holds barred. You could use your edgiest mall ninja get up at that point.

You are making a crucial mistake, historically.
Samurai were permitted to openly carry swords as a sign of status and self defense, but were not allowed to carry polearms because there were explicitly weapons of war that would have the local sheriff pull you aside.

Right, I forgot about that. But doesn't that imply its not military use anymore? Therefore a sword could efficiently be delegated to being a peasant cutter? I don't know much about samurai law other than sudoku memes to be clear.

A sword was a symbol of status and a versatile weapon of war.
However, remember that spear and bow (later gun) were the actual war time weapons of samurai, and maintained that way so that if some asshole decides he wants to be a cunt, a handful of constables with spears can put him down. It was purposely designed to be that way by the Shogunate as a way to put power firmly in their hands, just as they forbid any clan not directly subordinate to the Shogun to possess guns.

Going further, while samurai had the right to cut down anyone below their station for insulting them, abusing that right would get you sepuku'd, because a samurai's actions reflected directly on their lord, and the Shogunate would get pissed if good farming peasants ended up dead often due to a handful of dicks who went picking fights.

He promised his friend that one of the two of them would be the greatest swordsman in the world one day.

just look at hoplites. having a sword at your side and knowing how to use it could be the difference between life and death

In the Schlock Mercenary setting, there is an alien race known as the fobottr, who average in at about seven feet tall walls of muscle, bipedal, with four arms. They are *terrible* at using multiple weapons at a time, because their species has a massively overdeveloped sense of touch, but only mediocre eyesight. As such, they excel with heavy ordinance, able to lug and man crew supported weaponry largely by themselves.

Contrawise, the Uniocs are one-eyed, fat-bodied brains-and-stomachs on stubby legs, but they are *amazing* with multiple weapons because their single eyeball is a marvel of optical evolution, able to flicker between depths of field and positions so quickly that they effectively can see everything in all directions. Uniocs can aim down the sights of two separate guns at the same time while pointing them in different directions.

also dueling

that just reminds me of an extreme version of the end of the Mamushka dance from the Addams Family movie

I'm not a fan of it but I accept that it's a stock fantasy trope. I'll never build something with it but I'm not gonna stop anyone else from if that's what gets their rocks off.

I'm pretty sure that guy is possessed by an octopus.

Those were the days

Don't forget this little masterpiece, man, the thread where /k/ found out about Skall's furfaggotry and the massive damage control that followed was a thing of beauty.

Dual wielding was a lot more common than people thought.

It wasn't as common in Western Europe, but sword + offhand weapon was fairly prevalent (both standard offhand weapons like buckler, dagger, and cloak and zany offhand weapons like lantern, pike, etc.) and dual swords existed for some niche use.

It's more common in Eastern Europe/Asia.

Butterfly swords and double jians were popular with civilians and butterfly swords saw use in militias. Cossacks and Mamaluks trained with two sabers. Musashi was famous for his two sword style and there were other Japanese two sword schools as well.

That's not how the brain works
>What are terminal and branching nerves/nerve plexus
>what are motor drive units
You can just graft arms onto someone and be like "alright go ahead and play the piano with your new frankenstein appendages"

It's totally retarded. A butt sword is way better because you can stab with it effectively and the only thing your enemy can do is fall back or push the hilt in further. Win-win.

Katanas are great at cutting fruits and fleshy things but famously shatter, break and bend against anything metal. I use the term Peasant Cutter to describe the typical katana because it does that thing very nicely and does anything besides that very badly.

This is the state of Japanese ironworking. Pic related.

Archive link?

No