ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly Yugioh, but more things are welcome. (yes...

ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly Yugioh, but more things are welcome. (yes, also e-card games are awesome)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?

in case you ever wanted to know what there is here:

en.wikpedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once? Alice Games

Here: discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 20 people in it.)

BTW don't forget, we have a Petition to get Wizards to bring back the Harry Potter TCG
ipetitions.com/petition/harry-potter-tcgocg

Prev thread

bump

any game not translated in english you guys would want to see in the states?

Anyone played Precious Memories? I bought a pair of starters to see how it played. Apparently there's almost no translations for the game anywhere, just the base rules and a few of the older decks. Time to see how much Japanese I've learned.

I would still love to see wixoss brought over, but I'm well aware it would probably never find a player base.

I would love for wixoss to come over but never ever. alot of people still import and play here in the states, but I think busi has the market locked on anime tcgs.
I have heard of it before, I did buy a starter a while ago. never did find a fan page for it

On the plus side, Wixoss does have a wiki which still seems to keep up to date with full card translations, which is awesome, and Webxoss means you can play it even if you don't have a local player group.

I'm not sure about Bushiroad's lock, FoW seems to be hanging in there, and Casters is also a pretty good game that I hope can survive.

I didn't realize how awesome the Wixoss wiki was until I looked up the Precious Memories wiki.

I love the wiki, I'm so glad how well done it is

bump

In what world is Hearthstone Veeky Forums related? Is this some dank new meme?

I consider it cause it's still a CCG regardless. Come to find out my local shop is going to start things on saturday for it too

how's that's going to work? are they doing a banlist?

Rotation

selfish bump

Anyone else here still a fan of Duel Masters? I love the Psychic Creature mechanic, and Cheuxvelt, the Awakened Demon Spirit is one of my favorite cards in any game.

explain what thouse cards do?

Psychic Creature is the Extra Deck AND double-faced cards mechanic of Duel Masters. Essentially, certain cards let you play Psychic Creatures from your Hyperspace Zone within certain parameters. Cheuxvelt, the Awakened Demon Spirit is the "awakened" or "flipped" side, which you won't (easily) be able to start on, due to its 12 "cost". It starts as Cheval, Temporal Demon Spirit (pic related), and if you have 2 Angels and/or Demons who have cost 6 or more each in play at the start of either player's turn, it flips into Cheuxvelt.

Cheuxvelt is a Double Breaker (essentially hits the player twice when he attacks), and has two powerful effects: Whenever the opponent plays a creature, you put the top card of your deck into your shields, and whenever the opponent casts a spell, you break one of their shields.

If FoW and TCC don't survive/expand I'm gonna be sad as heck.

Could someone help me learn Wixoss? I don't know anything about it other than it's apparently a really good game.

Even if this doesn't take off majorly and has a short american lifespan, I want to play it so bad.

That's pretty daring, here I was thinking every anime that wants to turn itself into a card game had to pay by the rules of Weiss Schwartz Inc.

what does that mean?

Before Weiss Schwarz, think about how many independent anime tie-in TCGs arose. After Weiss Schwarz, that number has dropped drastically.

i dont know anything about that user

huh I knew deulmasters in japan went the strange rote but its neat to see stuff like that, the only game I can think of like it is maybe yugioh or vanguard. I would say magic but they don't really an extra deck and there transform cards are pretty easy to flip. would like it to come to the statrs at some point
I remember watching some japs demo this in YouTube, it looked fun but it's way to neice for the state's sadly

ummmm your kinda right but it more has to do with anime tcgs being less mainstream now

Before Weiss Schwarz, pretty much any successful shonen anime or manga could get a TCG. Naruto, Bleach, YYH, FMA, Golden Gash/Zatch Bell, even Megaman NT Warrior; and so on. After Weiss Schwarz, any series that might have an independent TCG has been part of WS's conglomerate. This is both good and bad. This is good (due to the game's lifespan not being tied to any one source anime), and bad (due to the lack of "feel" that a generic game for multiple series will have compared to a system made for that setting).

Vanguard was actually partially developed by the creator of Duel Masters. There are a lot of neat mechanics in Duel Masters that arose after the game died outside of Japan. They have cards that are essentially Xyz-before-Xyz, Meld-before-Meld, and a much more interesting Link mechanic than the one in YGO.

So it's better to control the TCG industry vs letting people do whatever they want because it would just create like 10 different versions of the same game that would die in a heart beat. Do I have that down?

Yep. One or two centralized games for anime that don't have a separate longevity factor (Pokemon, Dragon Ball) and aren't TCG-based themselves (Vanguard, Duel Masters, YGO) will allow for people to have more faith in the stability and longevity of the game, and thus both be more likely to support it (continuing its lifespan) and be more likely to have people to play against using cards from an anime they like. A Madoka or AoT standalone card game wouldn't have done nearly as well as WS, and a Guilty Crown standalone card game wouldn't have made an impact at all - just for a couple examples.

Would living card games like netrunner, ascension and SotM count too or is this specifically for collectable card games.

Those are also good.

Personally, I don't play Netrunner, but FFG also makes a Star Wars LCG which was quite enjoyable. I keep meaning to pick up some Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn as well.

Never been much of a TCG person, but I have gotten into Dragoborne lately and it's a lot of fun. It probably helps that the game is pretty new so there's no ridiculous meta or learning curves yet. Just pulled pic related tonight.

so what's worth getting? starters or boxes?

Google how to play wixoss. There should be a translated rule sheet that's not too hard to track down. If you're still around, I can run through a game with you on Webxoss.

LCGs 4 lyf