You add intelligence modifier to the number of skill points you gain each level

>You add intelligence modifier to the number of skill points you gain each level
>My 18 int wizard invests skill points into jump
>Can now out jump the monk
>"How?"
>"Reading."

Cross-class skills require more points, have a lower max, and it's clear that intelligence isn't only reading.

1/10, legitimately thought you were retarded for a second.

Skill points haven’t been a thing in D&D for like, four years now

4th editition is 2008, which means it is almost 10 years now.

>and it's clear that intelligence isn't only reading

How does intellect help me learn to tumble better

Fuck

You realize people play earlier editions, right?

If you invest skillpoints, you invest time and training. Intelligence (planning and reading on proper techniques of jumping, stretching and stuff) allows you to achieve same results with lesser time investment.

Sounds reasonable?

>You add your charisma modifier to the number of inches your dick is
>My Warlock now has a bigger dick than the Monk
>"How?"
>":^)"

What exact game and edition are you playing?

I mean, don't the warlocks already get the spiked bad dragon demon dicks? Why boost that with CHA?

Imagine someone complaining about damage-scaling in a video-game. The developers released an official update three years ago which fixed the issue. This person is well aware of the the update, but refused to install it and is still complaining about the issue, excoriating the developers for not having made a better game. What do you think of this person? Does this complaint seem reasonable in context of the update?

That is what these threads are. People refusing to accept years-old bugfixes and updates, and complaining about the bugs as if the writers never acknowledged them.

This seems like it could be... inconvenient. Assuming there's a baseline which you start from, let's say 6", and you're a full Charisma-caster, and that enhancement bonuses count...

In PF, you can easily start with a CHA of 20 (18 point-buy, 2 from race), for a level one character with an 11" dick. By the time you hit level 20, you've got +5 from leveling up, +6 from a Headband of Alluring Charisma, and let's say you've even snagged +5 from Wish or Tomes. That makes for 20+5+6+5=36 Cha, for a Cha Mod of 13. Which means a 24" dick. A two-foot-long weiner. I suppose by that point you're probably fucking outsiders or shapeshifters or something, because mortal women can't really accommodate that.

Also, Eagle's Splendor and potions of it become WAY more popular.

The update made things worse though. Intelligence affecting your skill points is less bad than it doing basically nothing at all if you're not a wizard.

>playing 3.5e
>wizard has to spend 2 points per rank in cross class skills
>can add two points to jump for every level
>wizard dumped strength

>monk has points in strength and still has int+4 skills to put in his few feats
>gets +4 ranks for it being a skill class

>it's still dumb but at least the wizard is also dumb for spending reading points in jumping better

Come to think of it, the 5E rules never go into detail about what exactly the Warlock's patron is getting out of the deal. Access to mortal orifices is a start, and the high CHA is a nice bonus

Your metaphore makes no sense?

Bug fixes and patches are like, Errata in an RPG sense.

Editions are more like sequels.

It's more like complaining about how like, Warcraft 2's damage scaling works and then you point out how in Warcraft 3 this is no longer the case.

Except some people will still adamantly play Warcraft 2 and want all their friends to play with them and will bother said friends to stick with it in spite of everything because it does this one other thing.

That's what it's more like.

On the plus side, eventually you get a 10' reach for touch spells.

>how does intellect help me learn

You'll never know.

One of the main complaints of 3.5 is that a wizard after a certain level doesn't need a party. 4e made it so everyone's a wizard people complained, 5e made it so everyone has a role late game and no one really plays it. Honestly 3.5 sucked when you take off your nostalgia glasses.

How about affecting your AC and INT skills, possibly the secondary effects of your powers, and being a requirement for feats and stuff?

And its still retarded.

I recognize that ten foot pole!

Heheh btfo...

>Apply lip gloss.
>Get Charisma bonus.
>Dick suddenly grows an inch.

>"Hey, get me the wig, shades, and that killer studded leather jacket! I can squeeze out another 3 inches with those!"
>Strutting around town like a fabulous peacock, with the biggest dick in town. But everyone assumes that you're gay because you look camp as hell.

>Somehow you convince a lady you are straight and she agrees to go to bed with you.
>As you get undressed your dick starts to shrink.
>She leaves disappointed.

Also, 6 inches is your baseline? That's Easy Mode.

It's more fun to just roll of dick size and leave it to luck. Roll a d20 and take half the result. That's your baseline. Might be 10 inches. Might be half-an-inch.

This isn't even true. Wizard will have low dex(str? Whatever), monk will have max. Monk will likely have synergy bonus and other bonuses, maybe an item.

Wizard is paying double and I think has a lower cap? Either way, monk can easily max out the skill since he doesn't need as many and his ability modifier is higher and he has some feat probably.

Monk absolutely out jumps the wizard, assuming they both wish to jump good.

Op ur a liar, even in 3.5