Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1910: A Smackdown in this Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ClQcUyhoxTg
blog.bioware.com/2012/04/20/concerned-batarians-explain-that-medigel-works-on-them-too-alliance-news-network/
fimfiction.net/group/200526/torture-or-the-darkest-of-grimdark
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe Herman's Head?

Eh, at least it's better than Generic Isekai.

Get a job.

Remember Me is a good jump for people like me who are avoiding fantasy/magical jumps. It is hard to find somewhere that can be used for perfect memory without going to a fantasy or superhero world.

Alright, I've got a rough idea of Origins for the 9 Jump chain;
Stitchpunk, Beast, Machine, and Human.
All of them but Human will be able to choose between being Drop-Ins, replacing a canon character, or being from outside the established setting.
Drop-Ins will not be subject to the mind-warping caused by being their particular form, but they will have no history or knowledge of the world beyond what they already knew and what they buy with CP.
Non-Drop-Ins will have to deal with the warping effects of their forms. Stitchpunks, due to being animated by a partition of a soul, have exaggerated aspects to their personality. Beasts, due to being extensions of the soulless Machine, lack any emotion beyond hunger and rage, and are driven by the goal that they were created for. Lastly, Machines, being little more than pure intellect copied from something else, lack any emotion beyond a longing to be complete.
The Human option is purely drop-in, and is just you appearing in the bombed-out warzone of a city and having to survive. Immunity to poisons would be highly recommended, because who knows if the gas that the Machine used to kill all life is still potent or not. Your sheer size compared to the principal actors in the plot will leave you a mysterious giant to the protagonists, and your humanity will leave you a target for extermination by The Machine.

Hmm. What jumps would you say count as fantasy that don't count as magical? E.g. Would the Star Wars setting count, if all you did was bum around the spacelanes and never met a Force User?

That name looks a bit Raw. Mm, no, maybe a bit worse off.

Reminder that there are more than 42000 wrestling fanfics.

How many of them are anime.

So we can answer the question of Anime Villain or Protagonist versus JOOOOOOOOHN CEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes. The idea is being extremely paranoid and generally assuming that magical/divine forces are going to be as touchy about outsiders as those in Dresden Files. The Force has a will of it's own and so all of Star Wars is out until I can take it on.

I wonder how many of them are high school AUs.

Go Sith, break the Force over your knee and command it

The Sith get manipulated by the Force as well. I avoid universes with prophecies and shit in particular because it generally means something higher up is setting up events.

Slaves are slaves. Whether they perceive their chains as bondage or freedom changes nothing.

I want a perk for disappointing box office performance.

[Incomprehensible Response]

HYPE!!! - You are guaranteed to make a fantastic first impression but can further meetings never seem to live up to that initial impression.

I'm not really sure it fits this jump that much.

>but can further meetings never
but further meetings can never

It could fit the jump.
One of the major goals that I think many Jumpers would have in the setting would be to befriend their counterparts. It could work as a drawback.

You telling me SummerSlam is the meaning of life?

I've always thought that the trick to being a successful, long lived Sith is just to chill out and either play the long game like Palpatine or not have very high ambitions beyond just going where you like and doing what you want. Which can just be partying, or boning, or having a good time. Sure you'll lose out on most of the edgelord powerups that Kylo and Anakin get off on, but you'll have a much better life expectancy and much lower risk of being shanked in the back.

Also being just plain less of an edgelord.

>not have very high ambitions beyond just going where you like and doing what you want.
The issue is that the Dark Side makes your ambitions addictive

>During the Reaper invasion in 2186, the Reapers encountered difficulties in harvesting the vorcha homeworld. Because the vorcha were not cowed by the Reapers' impersonal intimidation tactics and the effects of the destruction of resources like water were negligible given the vorcha could adapt themselves to survive
youtu.be/ClQcUyhoxTg

Well yeah but surely you can just feed those addictions by smoking death sticks, doing crimes and hookers instead of trying to, say, transforming into a soul-eating Force black hole

>Concerned Batarians explain that Medigel works on them, too

blog.bioware.com/2012/04/20/concerned-batarians-explain-that-medigel-works-on-them-too-alliance-news-network/

Jumpers!

Vending machine eats your dollar.
What do?

Pop it open and take everything.

Eat the vending machine in Retaliation

Raze this world. Leave no survivors.

I keep feeding it dollars and coins until in breaks from having too much.

Make some more modifications and keep working on my new breed of mimics

You can quit a job, even if it would make you lose your stuff you can quit. You cannot quit bwing a slave.

>blog.bioware.com/2012/04/20/concerned-batarians-explain-that-medigel-works-on-them-too-alliance-news-network/
>These bants
Fucking hell.

Give it an X-1000 chip and bully it until it gives me the stuff I ordered and all the money in it.

Build a better vending machine right next to it in revenge.

I open up the vending machine, take what I purchased, and close it back up. Whole process takes about ten seconds.

If I'm feeling particularly active that day I'll also fix the vending machine so that it doesn't eat more people's dollars.

Convert the economy to a post-scarcity utopia.

Haha. Living well is the best revenge!

I know, but at this point it's become a personal hurdle to overcome. My own words are taunting me, dammit.

The best part is the Geth. Medigel shouldn't even logically work on Geth, at least not as well as anything biological.

Steeple my hands and adjust my glasses, for my hidden armada of economy-manipulating Transformers disguised as sentient vending machines is working properly. Phase 2 is complete, soon I will control the prices of ALL brand name soft drinks and canned coffee!

The scenario is proceeding just as planned.

YOU'VE BEEN ON THIS FOR MONTHS, BATTLER-SPIRAL-MIDGET.

YOU'RE GOING MAD.

>Steeple my hands and adjust my glasses
Huh? So you adjust your glasses with your steepled hands...?

He's an eldritch horror user, he can do whatever he wants with all sorts of poorly defined appendages.

So Seven Deadly Sins.

Are all of the abilities purely genetic / soul / whatever-the-fuck-makes-them-specific-to-one-person, or are they spells that one can actually learn and derive from other warriors and shit?

Jump kinda makes it difficult to figure out.

It's not hard, you just push your fingers up to the bridge of your glasses while they're steepled. I did it just before I typed this post.

Admittedly it feels kind of dumb.

Abilities are unique and non-learnable. Magic is learnable and can often replicate a large number of the less weird abilities. You won't see anyone with Sunshine or Infinity as a magic spell but you'll see plenty of elemental manipulation, invisibility or searching spells.

Oh christ it's both.
My headaches begin anew trying to discern between the two.

Thank you for the answer.

Dont forget to adjust glasses even if you arent wearing them.

Um, I meant you adjust your glasses BEFORE steeping your hands. It's the Gendo thing, I just forgot about the order of words.

I just tried it too. Yeah, it's pretty dumb. Feels like I'm doing the body language equivalent of a "y-you too" to greeters in an Indian restaurant

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE, SCREAMING user. YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!

I just tried to do the middle-finger-adjust-the-bridge method.

It doesn't work outside of anime.

If it helps, very few people actually use Magic. The vast majority of supernatural stuff is either a unique Ability or a racial ability (Such as fairy plant stuff or the ink tattoos demons have). Magic is mostly limited to Merlin, her student Vivianne and a limited number of high level demon characters.

There is a separate style of magic that the Druids and Goddesses use but that's just healing magic, holy magic and spiritual stuff.

It's particularly bad if like me, you naturally fold all your other fingers to let the longest one do the pushing in public. Because then it just looks like you're giving people the finger.

I'm not seeing the problem after testing. Not the best method but it's not that bad.

Same.
Unless I'm confusing it with another method.

Some are learnable. Chalder taught Melodias Full Counter. The Commands are granted by the Demon King using his magic, so they are technically spells.

Would Time be a valid domain in Konosuba, or would it be too broad to give you any abilities? What about space?

Well, I wouldn't say the Commandments are learnable so much as transferable? Anyway, you got a point with Full Counter. Guess that complicates anons life quite a bit with some being learnable and some not being so.

They're both fine.

Oh dude, even trying to avoid finger-folding, I look low-key flipping the bird.

Well if you do it one way the bird is flying high, if you do it the other way you got your other fingers just blocking your eyesight.

>very few people actually use Magic.
>The vast majority of supernatural stuff is either a unique Ability or a racial ability
>Some are learnable.

Drat, confound it, and blast it all.

>They're both fine.
Neat. So slowing/accelerating/stopping time and teleportation/Vista-like space shenenigans would be fine, if I took those two?

>middle-finger-adjust-the-bridge method.
Works fine for me.

>Jumpchain: Long fingered

maybe you just have fingers built for it then, I dunno.

Probably not stopping time, that's probably beyond what the series gets into in terms of scale. But otherwise it should be okay.

Yaoi hands.

>Well, I wouldn't say the Commandments are learnable so much as transferable?
Yes, they are kinda confusing yet. We don't know if the specific commands come with the magic tattoo or if they are 'awakened' like the Holy Knight abilities. I guess that as this arc progressess and we get to see the Demon King in action, we will learn more about them.

Am I misunderstanding something or is this unrelated to the glasses adjusting discussion?

Would one of your jumps' copying perks help with those?

Sure. I think pretty much all of them should copy the stuff.

That said, there's definitely a few Commandments you don't want to copy at all, since they work on the user as well.

What the fuck is this and why does it remind me of Salad Fingers

>At all
Meant automatically. If you're into them, they can be super super useful. You just don't want to automatically copy one without realising it and screw yourself

Have you never heard of the crystal treatment?

You are supposed to use your index and middle finger.

You know, the worst part is that not only am I unsurprised but that isn't even the worst Proprietory Miniature Equine related piece of autism I've seen. There is an entire community dedicated to an entire premise that makes conventional snuff scenarios look safe, sane and consensual by comparison.

Nope. Do I want too?

Well you probably could but it would only be a local time stop not a global one.

What jumps are good for mana regeneration?

It has lots of different characters including misty from pokemon.

Not really no.

As someone who has taken classes for and worked in a hospital, this is physically painful for me to look at.

It's like, I can't even tell you what's wrong with this picture without going off on some rant that'd seem so banal and insignificant compared to the greater whole of this everything. I recognize this. And it's still pissing me off.
Is... is this what they call 'autistic rage'?

Terrarria frequent flyer miles to regen your amana in minutes no matter how much you have.

Arifuta has a trainable Skill/Perk.

Do you want some cupcakes? How about a visit to the rainbow factory?

Terraria + GemCraft: Turn Mana into a liquid & use the endless bucket to refill yourself.

Nope, nope and believe me it's worse than both of those. Worse enough that because of this thread's relatively delicate sensibilities, I'd rather not even give the name.

I'm gonna go back to blissful ignorance.

You probably don't wanna hear about my last trip to the hospital then either.

Its nerd rage. Its ok.

There is a theory that someone they know has Marfan syndrome and they use the drawings to cope.

You're talking about the fluffies, yeah? The thing about them you don't seem to know about is that it's just pony autism being applied to a meme that already existed, Yukkuris. Yukkuris were some Touhou fan autism based on some bad fanart and morphed into people drawing tons of pictures of and wanking to torture and murder of these little mini-touhou character heads that were retarded and full of bean paste. Same principle, only you guys added ponies to it like you do everything.

fimfiction.net/group/200526/torture-or-the-darkest-of-grimdark

That's the one. And yes, I'm aware of it coming from Yukkuri autism.

>you guys

Jesus no, I'm just a traumatised bystander.

What do you do about it when you jump to a modern setting?

I'm a wizard from beyond time and space. I have better things to do than gawk at autists being autists.

Only Human from Majikoi renders mana regeneration obsolete.

Too bad we can't have a fluffy jump.

>Too GOOD

FTFY

How many businesses is too many bisinesses? I think a bunch of mine are overlapping.

Think of it like this: You won't be indebted to another corp.

No such thing. It's a doggy dog world.