Chess tournaments bring a diverse group from vastly different backgrounds together because of their shared passion for...

>Chess tournaments bring a diverse group from vastly different backgrounds together because of their shared passion for the game.

Is this true?

That's true for any game.
Chess is just more famous than the others

Go is better

>diverse group from vastly different backgrounds
pretty sure it's all middle class nerdy men

No, it's almost all white and east asian men with middle to upper class backgrounds.

Middle to upper class competitive people with low athleticism.
Yes there are women and black/brown people. But those women and people of color are not Stacy and Tyrone. Pretty much every competitive chess player has the same personality and a similar background.

Chess does.

Chess tournaments do not.

and upper class, and women.
also ive meet and know plenty of lower class who pretend to like/be good at, chess.
it also brings people of differnt races.

Have you tried playing outside of your local town? Do you even play public games?

We're talking about tournaments. Lower class and women tend to be an exception at pro levels for reasons that trigger lefties and higher class prefers more expensive sports.

Almost like having privilege in society grants you the leisure time to focus on a hobby enough to play it at a high level.

Diverse group of men maybe, been to several tournaments, rarely see women playing chess. 9 to 1 ratio or more.
Jews, Eastern Europeans are heavily over represented as far as ethnicity goes, Asians honorable mention.

Don't proove him wrong, this always triggers the /pol/ak.
>Jew
>ethnicy

Why do they write the moves down? Surely there had to be a different way to track your games in the year 2017

>Being male is a privilege
>Being middle class (which that guy directly contrasted to the upper class) is a privilege
You have no idea what that word means, do you? Not that the meanings of words matter in Newspeak.

Easy and fast, both to write and read

Upon death you can be reincarnated on earth in the present day.

You can choose your new -

Country of birth.

Which ones do you *honestly* choose, assuming you want the best life possible (easy mode)?

>>Jew
>>ethnicy
It literally is.

White Woman born in Canada in Toronto to a upper middle class parents with old money and a large extended family.

That is the best possible outcome in life.

White American Woman, no contest.

Estimating my demise no sooner than 20 and not later than 50 years down the line, I'm gonna say Arab man in Franco-German caliphate.

Um, racist and sexist much?

You're making the classic mistake that a society built by a group of people does not deserve the right to make the next generation of the same group of people the most "privileged".

It is other groups of people who have life on easy mode because they have not earned what they are given by society. Our fathers fought and died to make our society "easy" for us. Kill yourself libcuck.

>Country of Birth
Somewhere in the Western world.

>Gender
Woman obviously. Why the fuck would I want to be born a man?

>Race
Jew. You get the best of both worlds: the intelligence and social status of white, the victim complex of minorities and nepotism to boot.
>Inb4 acknowledging that Jews work tribally and are treated as an oppressed minority despite being overrepresented among media and academia makes you a nazi
>Inb4 whites are privileged for their overrepresentation in the top tiers of society but Jews aren't privileged despite their significantly greater overrepresentation compared to their total numbers
>Inb4 Jews don't benefit from affirmative action

>White
I'm glad you accept racial privilege exists.

>American
I'm glad you accept first world privilege exists.

It seems we agree.
I'm glad you accept racial

>first world privilege
Let me translate that to you: a society in which everyone works hard to make it a better place for the next generation is 'privileged'.

By your logic, if one farmer buys top tier fertilizer for his soil and another only waters his soil with his own jizz and the next year the first farmer has a far better harvest than the second farmer, the first farmer is "privileged".

>Inb4 "b-but the first world is only rich because it stole from poor PoCs! Just look at countries like Finland, Switzerland and Taiwan!"

I'm glad you accept you're in a position of privilege in society through no action or effort of your own but purely the luck of your birth.

It seems we agree.

I hope you make the most of your lottery win.

>works hard

Enlighten me on what hard work you've done to make society a better place for future generations.

You're missing the point here, obviously. Those who came before me worked hard to make this place a good place to live for me. Those who rule me now believe that this means the entire world deserves a slice of the pie, including those who for generations lacked the foresight to build up anything meaningful.

But if you really want to delve into unimportant, personal trivialities that wouldn't prove me wrong even in the worst case scenario: I'm a decent person who works for his keep and pays his taxes. This, in combination with stable governance and responsible government policies (the gifts we inherited from our ancestors) makes for a stable and prosperous society. I also have respect for my culture, its history and its values, meaning I try (difficult as it may be given that it's THE CURRENT YEAR) to preserve what our ancestors passed on to us.

What makes the Third World the Third World is either the presence of low IQ populations, a lack of proper governance, a horribly flawed system or a combination of all of the above. Most poignant example: North Korea vs South Korea, or Taiwan vs PRC. The reason why the Taiwanese aren't starving (if they aren't busy sinking through badly constructed streets) is because their grandfathers followed the principles of Sun Yat Sen and built a stable and prosperous society that rewards hard work and (at least openly) punishes corruption.

Where the black people then sweetie?
Chess is nazi and antisemitic antipoc and antidiversity!

>I'm a decent person who works for his keep and pays his taxes.
You're posting on Veeky Forums boy, there's nothing decent about you

>but purely the luck of your birth
Luck imply that you could've been born in another group than your own, which is obviously false

All of that depends on how wealthy the family I'm born into will be, first and foremost. Otherwise? I'm probably fucked no matter what I choose.

*no matter how I choose

In New York. Mostly in Greenwich Village.

>Those who rule me now believe that this means the entire world deserves a slice of the pie, including those who for generations lacked the foresight to build up anything meaningful.
>I'm a decent person who works for his keep and pays his taxes
So, you're a decent person because you pay your taxes to sustain the people that believe that everyone should get a piece of the pie?

Btw, do you truly believe that people that rule over you truly want to share the wealth among all the world?