Cloak of air displacement

>Cloak of air displacement

Would you die?

What kind of air displacement are we talking about? Does it create an airless bubble around you? Then you die.

>Does it create an airless bubble around you? Then you die.

Can this problem be averted with tubes?

That depends on what the fuck it does.

>Would you die?
It would be extremely painful

Presumably it displaces air.

>Forgive me

Perhaps it just means that the cloak itself displaces air, in which case it is a normal cloak that has good insulation.

I wouldn't.

UUUU

Probably the best way to illustrate how the cloak works is to answer the question:
>cloak of ric flair displacement
>ric flair puts it on
What happens?

once we work out what it would do to ric flair we'll have a good idea what it'd do to air. (note: this works for all rule disagreements in D&D)

Unexpected chuckle, have a (you)

Still retardedly vague, 'displaces' air - what the fuck is that supposed to mean in relation to a cloak

what does happen?

>what the fuck is that supposed to mean in relation to a cloak

I would assume that it moves nearby air aside.
This would, I suppose, create a sort of airless envelope around the wearer of the cloak.

The question is as follows: would there be air within the cloak if air was absent around the cloak?

that's a stupid idea for a cloak, what is the point? I'd say either the air pocket would have a hole in front of the hood or the person would die.

What would really happen is the pocket would fill with non-air gases like ccarbon monoxide and the wearer would die regardless

it would woo whenever you put it on, also give you fabulous hair and the stamina of nine regular men

>that's a stupid idea for a cloak, what is the point?

It could be a cursed item meant to harm its wearer. Alternatively, if it doesn't kill its wearer, it could be used to great effect by a grappler. Grapple your opponents as they run out of air etc.

It's a very niche but useful item created so witches can fly on brooms.

Magical brooms negate gravity. Magical cloaks displace air so you can move around.

I put it on inside-out.

Depends on the size and scope of air displacement, but if it creates a tiny airless vacuum space of any kind, then it functionally removes all sound from escaping the cloak, as there is no longer a medium through which the sound can travel. If it purges all air in a sphere or other shaped area large enough to contain a person then this ability, combined with a mechanism allowing breath (tanks, flask of air etc.) Could allow a person to move silently for an extended period of time.

It would be extremely painful.