What does Veeky Forums think of flintlock fantasy? Are there any good flintlock fantasy RPGs...

What does Veeky Forums think of flintlock fantasy? Are there any good flintlock fantasy RPGs? It's still kind of a new setting genre.
Pic related, but delayed

Every genre with Victorian aesthetics it's cancer

>flintlocks
>Victorian

Have a pdf of that?

It got delayed until January..

How are these novels? Worth a read?

They're pretty fun. The first one starts out as a murder mystery kind of thing with some black powder guns, gunmage dudes snorting black powder like it's coke, and a not!FrenchRevolution taking place deposing the king and his (more traditional) court mages, then shit gets wonky and eventually a motherfucker shoots a fucking Old God in the eye while high on gunpowder.

How does a powder mage fair against a
>powerful Knack
>Privileged sorcerer

Depends on the knack and how far away that privileged is, I think. I feel like at close range, a privileged will generally smoke a powdermage.

I've only read the first book but it was a bit too simplistic for my taste, both the plot and the writing style. It also jumps around way too much from one pov to the next. For such a short book it had way too many povs and plotlines. It was decent as a kind of fantasy Sharpe action book, but it tries to do more than that and imo fails

Given its popularity, I hope the genre gets a bit more popular. Hopefully not fucking steampunk levels of "fuck off" popular, but enough for a couple of games.

WFRP.
Flintlocks.
Magic.
All that jazz.

Looks neat, aside from the Savage World bit.

Savage worlds of solomon kane is my go to.

Here's the real question. Can I fuse this with Interface 0 to make a less shit system for Shadowrun?

Flinklock Fantasy is cool

I liked the books, though not my favorite by far. I felt the God plotlines where kind of annoying. & Taniel deserved better characterization & a better ending.

I liked them. The plot twists were largely a bit predictable but other than that the books are fun.

I quite enjoybthrm. Probably my favorite modern fantasy series. The new trilogy is already off a good start, and I quite enjoybthe novellas fornfilling in the backgrounds.

I'm pretty stoked for the RPG, I think the world is neat and I love Savage Worlds.

Depends, powder trance? Do they have access to black powder and weapons? Even a knacked could gank an unsuspecting mage.

Priviledged are a whole different matter. We see powder mages take them out on the regular, but we've also seen them wreck some serious shit if they're prepared to fight one.

I'm excited to see how mage breakers work in the RPG.

I am 100% looking forward to this. Not because I read the novels. Not because I am even remotely familiar with the setting outside of snorting black powder.

But because I like powder fantasy, and am really hoping to steal shit for campaigns more relevant to my interests.

I'm ok with the idea but Powder mage is literal dogshit.

No.