ITT: Good armor and vehicle designs (tactical standpoint)

ITT: Good armor and vehicle designs (tactical standpoint)

Congratulations
YOu managed to find the only Oblivion set that doesnt look like complete shit

Looks like it would be really fucking heavy tbqh famalam

Guess again...

It was a trick question, they all look complete shit.

This is probably the best armor ever made.

I never realised how shit the legion armour is until now.

Shame it looks like shit in the game.

bump

>full plate
>except for that old ass open helm
It's shit. At least the Madness armour had a closed helm.

here's my contribution

Nilfgaard shall rule the world

that's all from me for now as i'm out of time

>what is a barbute

>single female warrior
>no helmet pose for viewer
>has special kit so she further stands out from the rest of the soldiers
every time

If it was a dude, would you still be triggered?

it's a very noticeable and try hard trend you faggot.

here's your (you)

I like this shit for some reason

if I'm remembering right she was the leader of that band of soldiers, so having unique gear is par for the course.

The lack of helmet is definitely an issue, though.

i just got the pic because for the most part, it's accurate, im fully aware of what you said. i just liked the picture

best armor coming through

>that helmet
>that obnoxious colour
Ya blew it

shit wrong jpg

what about these

Not him, but I probably would, actually. It's a good way for your enemies to know who to hit, and gives them a nice target.

Best armor and aesthetics coming through, move aside dexfags.

This is going to sound really autistic but has there ever been a composite or "combination" armor that anyone has drawn that's sort of just like every type of armor combined into one?

I mean stylistically, not historically. It could have elements of European, Mediterranean, and Asian armors all together. Anyone have stuff like that?

Sorry for no image, but I was working on a piece of armour for my post apocalyptic scandinavia campaign in which the skåningar had a heavy armour that was more or less a combination of japanese laminated armour, roman segmentata and ww1 trench armour.

mountainblade?

The glorius helmet on this guy.

AAT tank

fluted > elite knight

I do love surcoats, but hiding those ridges is basically a crime.

>Elite Knight
Not even close to the best

Visored barbute is the best helm. Truly the partrician choice

not even a real helm let alone the best helm.
my bascinet is laughting at you.

Kill the Black Ones!

>This post approved by /pol/!

And yet it is accurate to the "white" soldiers of the game.

>bascinet fag
Enjoy fighting with your huge fucking Jew nose

hey, I didn't say I disagreed

>This post approved by /pol/!

Nah m8, best set is Elite Knights + Knight Chestpiece. If we're going by full sets it's Black Iron.

The Bascinet is the base helm, both those helms are Bascinets. Also only "pig faced" or "hounskull" bascinets had that pointy "jew nose". Pic related is a rounded face example.

But visored barbute is tactically superior

I've never actually seen pangolin armor

By the same token, your men could tell who you are. If you were a commander, that's worth it. Except maybe the lack of helmet, it's better to have a distinctive helmet.

nigga the barbute is a visorless helm. Your "Visored Barbute" doesn't even have cheekpieces behind the visor. It's a bascinet with a funky style.

That's not a jew nose, THIS is a jew nose.

you're a weeb 'arry

>Take a closer look at that nose!
>YOOOOoooooooo

Objectively best set of armor incoming.

>Anachronistic yet stylish great helm
>Functional, aesthetically pleasing plate armor design
>No silly protrusions except for small helmet wings
>Elegantly understated design on tabard
>Looks absolutely fabulous with a cape
>Looks noblebright despite being relic of a righteously genocidal fanatic

>What have you done for Church and Crown today?

Never forget the free repairs and auto scaling status

>Anime stance mod
Fuck you.

>plate armor
only the arms and legs have plate. chest and stomach are chain mail (atleast that's how it looks)

>Quads+Calves
Somebody doesn't skip leg day.

But user, you recognized it

I was a boy, then. Now I'm a man.

FOR EMPRESS!

Jews fear the Samurai

too many weapons

>wearing skin of murderbot
Manslave spotted

Make way.

>filename!

>that Knight who was cursed for striking down a peasan/beggar
>taking on his burden and his illuminous joy of feeling energetic

>not liking delicious geometric patterns

The overwhelming majority of shitty fantasy art and faggoty Veeky Forums drawthread requests are faggots and cunts in full plate with no helmet and you're bitching about a barbute?

That's not the sallet.

That was one of my favorite moments in that quest line. Remember, it was one of that knight's descendants, who suffered the curse through his family line, which makes lifting it from him all the sweeter. It's nice that, no matter how much of a dick Pelinal was, clearly the Nine have higher expectations for his successor.

The fact that the gauntlets you the Lay On Hands ability is just the holy icing on the righteous cake. Say what you will about the graphics or overall story, but the writing for Oblivion's subplots was god-tier, even for the Fighters Guild.

>That moment when you unknowingly kill a girl you probably selflessly helped earlier on while in a hallucinatory haze

"I AM THE LAWN!"

It's more an odd transitional harness then 'full plate', note details at the groin, elbow, gloves.

IRL, transitional harness was pretty damn heavy, and could rage to more then 60-80 pounds.

Helmets are heavy, hot and can make it harder to see or hear things. It's also the easiest part of a harness to take off or put on. Ironically, it would be stranger to see a commander wearing a helmet then going bareheaded. Their role is to see and understand as much of the battle as they can and to speak clearly to people to direct things, roles helped by taking off the helmet.

>Sword on back
0/10

It's unlikely that the Elite Knight set has plate chest armor based on the way that the surcoat appears in the game. If Elite Knight was wearing plate chest armor, the harness would become way too heavy. The armor I have weighs 60 lbs.; if I add chest armor on top of the chainmail I would at 70 lbs.

A lot of the knightly armor in Dark Souls is transitional type, usually because it's s combination of chainmail and plate. As (), it tends to be very heavy compared to full plate that appears later.

Strange version of Asterix you got.

>The armor I have weighs 60 lbs.; if I add chest armor on top of the chainmail I would at 70 lbs.
stop making assumptions abour armour based on your cosplay armour
>lot of the knightly armor in Dark Souls is transitional type, usually because it's s combination of chainmail and plate
there is no transitional armour in DS and it is not defined by just a combination of mail and plate
>it tends to be very heavy compared to full plate that appears later.
80lbs is pretty acceptable for a suit from the 15th century and later

>best set is Elite Knights + Knight Chestpiece
Superb taste.

Fuck I forgot about murdering the goblins

They wrote some damn good quests in the game. Everyone harps on about the Dark Brotherhood but all of them were top tier

Wouldn't that just be most Fantasy armour? Fantasy artists aren't exactly known for their historical accuracy.