Is there a way to do Cute+Violent without falling into the pit of "edgy little girls who curse"?

Is there a way to do Cute+Violent without falling into the pit of "edgy little girls who curse"?

Depends, do you find punk girls cute?

I mean yanderes.

Killer Queen is pretty cute.

Not sure what you are talking about, user

Well, what are you aiming for? Why do you want to do cute+violent? Is it a character you're palying? What's the setting? What's the character?

There's all sorts of ways you can do it. There's family friendly cute+violent like the Ewoks helping out the Rebellion, or there's horrifying cute+violent like the Misty Valley Elves cheerily playing with each other then suddenly tearing each other apart and not realising anything's up with it because they're retarded children.

Working on NPCs, and found most of them to fall into either pure Rough+Gruff or Pushover Soft. Hoping for some examples or tips that won't make my group immediately hate them.

>Ewoks

Like this. This is a particularly awful example of what happens when you try to force cute and violent together without knowing what you're doing.

Easiest way is just to make them psychotic but still constantly maintaining their cute veneer. Even when she's killing things she's still giggling.

What if you made her violent without her realizing it?
Say she is a mage. She’s bored, so she conjures “sparkly lights,” to keep herself entertained. The “sparkly lights,” are magic missles falling from the sky.

Darla Dimple

Wouldn't think of her as edgy, and never cursed

No. Violent cuties are a anime shit and should be avoided.

I remember reading that Elizabeth Bathory was pretty cute

I feel like it feeds into a cheap subversion of the good=beauty trope that isn't actually a subversion because people inevitably waifu such characters. It's a broken aesop if people want to waifu your psycho violent yanderes anyway.

It's also heavily sexist and cheap fetish bait. Unless it is a yaoi anime you'll never find cute psycho yandere males. This is because the trait is a treated as a sexual thing thing instead of character development. Not many animes really explore what sort of things would drive a person to mental illness. Being "psycho" isn't fun and cool it's a cripplingly disability that seriously fucks you up.

As well, such a person would probably be an abuse victim and you never see a realistic depiction of abuse symptoms. For example, you might have traits like:

- doesn't like touch
- is overloaded with social situations with more than 3 people at a time
- cannot emote well and cannot judge other people's emotions and their own
- freezing up and catatonia in times of extreme stress
- running away and crying in a corner instead of going violent
- feelings of ugliness and uncleanliness and a consequent envy of happy, clean and beautiful situations
- feelings of derealization and unreality

These are all kind of horrible though and so most anime just ignore that.

There's also psychological needs for power and paranoia. This can lead to:

- highly ritualized behaviour
- a need to boss around and control other people
- retreating into fantasy situations or other distracting work. Sometimes it is easier for these kind of people to spend a lot of time learning about computer programming or some other technical subject instead of dealing with real-life woes. Getting good at a specific skill can also satisfy personal needs for a sense of control or power.
- a high distrust of others and a distrust of touching them

Anyway, psycho-yander girls would be really fucked up in real life.

Don't curse.

More cruel than violent.

I too play FGO.

If I remember correctly yandere-chan from yandere simulator is a fanatical sociopath, rather than a abuse victim.

I also really liked pic related’s (best girl), situation. Where she has no contact with sentient beings and so consumes literature written by them, getting extremely well read. Then she gets the ability to talk to a sentient being and acts on it.

Not completely perfect for either of them, but I find it interesting.

And yes, yanderes are inherently sexual (except maybe monika, in which it’s a pure love/contact thing). I think it’s a inherent attraction to alpha predatory times that humanity has.

I just looked that up, why is she a pink haired dragon girl

Well, that and the devotion.

I’ve always thought having a cult of personality would be pretty sweet, even if it is one person.

>is a fanatical sociopath
Which is blatantly wrong. Sociopaths are a high proportion of the criminal population but most are very logical and don't have a strong motive to get the legal system after them for serious charges. They'd rather get into business and do everything legally.

The only reason to be some kind of fanatical yandere is if one has a strong psychological need for it.

Monika is an interesting twist on the idea but she does have the reasonable motive of the AI thing.

Well, apparently senpai is the only person who lets her feel emotions.

But I digress.

Her family crest had a dragon in it at one point.

Keep in mind that this is from the series where King Arthur is a girl, Juilius Ceasar is obese, and Blackbeard is an otaku.

Anyway, sure the archetype may be justified in a few cases. But most of the time it is blatantly unrealistic.

Yea.

And then we ignore it

Black bears are cute but if you take them lightly you'll get mauled

Okay but the original OP asked:
>Is there a way to do Cute+Violent without falling into the pit of "edgy little girls who curse"?
I was suggesting that OP could use a more grounded and realistic picture of a violent person that acknowledges the factors that would cause a cute girl to become so violent in the first place. I am not sure just ignoring the problem would solve OP's problem.

Well I was suggesting that we ignore the unrealistic depictions in media, not that OP ignore the problem.

But attractive people are violent all the time, for example David Bowie (pic related)

Give a puppy a knife.

She also appears as a white-haired dominatrix.

No, it doesn't make any sense.

It's complicated.

A lot of times being treated good makes you a good person and being treated bad makes you a bad person. And sadly much of the time attractive people are treated better than ugly people.

However, because attractive people are treated better they can often get away with crimes a lot more. Sadly there is a huge gender disparity in criminal sentences. In OK Cupid surveys about 50% of women are judged less than average attractiveness but 80% of men are judged less than average attractiveness which leads to a warped perception of women as the more attractive sex which is obviously incoherent.

There are attractive people who commit crime and I have very strong feelings about judging people based on their attractiveness. But simply because ugly people tend to be mistreated more they are probably more likely to commit crime.

Also, none of the symptoms I talked about are technically unattractive just bizarre and strange and they have nothing to do with appearance. I am not suggesting that people use all of the symptoms all of the time (which would make a weird nervous wreck) but that writers use some of them.

Jolyne is also cute

Make her a warrior. Not a edgy deathknight or a paladin, just a warrior that happens to be a young girl. The violent part is part of the job and the cute will come naturally.

Try this. Cute personality with violent motivations, an aesthetic that blends the two together. It's all about the juxtaposition, yeah, but it's gotta be subtle.

Actually about half the characters from Murcielago qualify.

Lot of that in Dorohedoro too.

For a second I thought it might be because both have female authors, but turns out that Murceilago's author just has a female sounding name.

Keep the violence quick and efficient. The key to not being edgy is to avoid revelling or whining about the violence, a means to an end attitude about it is a good thing to give her. Maybe have her resent torture and keep it as a last resort, only to have her change her tune when it comes to some big bad, that'll help to demonstrate her perspective of morality. And it can also provide some role-play oppurtunitites later if she becomes ashamed of her actions, an inner conflict between her principles and her emotions.

>family friendly cute+violent
>ewoks

Being a warrior, she's going to have a lot of scars which will make her ugly

Powerful but inexperienced spellcaster who's easily startled and overreacts to perceived threats.

I've got a goofy scifi setting where a race of adorable fishrabbit people went full third reich/North Korea because the rest of the galaxy kept kidnapping their colonists for the exotic pet trade. They're well disciplined and dour in demeanour, and amongst the most vicious military groups in the setting. Despite this, no-one takes them at all seriously because it's hard to be intimidated by something 4 foot tall with a fluffy pom pom tail.

By not forcing it. Think of the qualities you find cute and reason to be violent and then justify them with something other than "childish" or "crazy" because you cannot play ether of those well.

>Cuddly big sister type in a viscous world. She's always watching for her friends, packing them lunches, making sure they wear their scarves. She's a multi-talented ranger type, who uses her skills to make the day brighter as well as survivable. But threaten her troupe and she won't give a second thought to shanking you. She isn't the most talented warrior so she has to make up with it with vigilance, ferocity and a cold thoroughness. She dislikes watching suffering so she never takes prisoners.

>A young fashionista street samurai. The last in a family of honourable mafia soldiers, tricked out from a young age to fight the Bosses battles. She's been treated to the fine styles of life. The Family's been burnt out and she's all that's left. She's no passionate warrior but she like's nice clothes and killin's the best way to make the kind of money it takes to stay in style. On the job she's a traditional professional with all the training drilled into her by the family. Even then she can't help but blast shitty up-beat corp-pop in the getaway car or offer her teammates tips on how to make their fashionable as well as functional.

That's a bit of a stretch.

You'd be better off by trying to say she'd be muscley and coarse, though some people actually like that.

Make her a mute enforcer

Proud warrior daughter, sent to understand more of the world, is delightfully ignorant about many things unrelated to combat.