So is Bitcoin ever going to go up to 20k again or not...

So is Bitcoin ever going to go up to 20k again or not? Seems like that was all normie money and now the trust is broken because we know for a fact that Bitcoin cant scale.
Why would anyone ever buy bitcoins again now that we *KNOW* for a *FACT* that it cant go higher than 20k.
People bought it for its potential to go to 100k, 1million etc. We now saw that this potential isnt actually there. All attempts to fix it have failed, the fork or whatever they announced didnt even happen afaik. Nothing happened. If anything, they were scammers who tried to premine the new bitcoin for themselves.

If we are truly going to switch to XRP, why would that be so bad? Functionally it *is* like bitcoin. You can x5 your money if enough people buy it. This is simply a fact. Is it likely? No, but neither was bitcoin. The same deal exists now with XRP except it's actually possible.
Plus, only an idiot would not see Ripple on Coinbase soon. It seems that the age of crypto is entering another round and the pathetic failure of Bitcoin is deserved.

Dont despair too much, Bitcoin will probably continue to exist at ~4-8k levels for quite some time. But it's a dangerous time for crypto right now. Take care of yourselves.

~ The Crypto Expert ~

Other urls found in this thread:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GOLDAMGBD228NLBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice try

Isn’t this like top post on /r/bitcoin too >.>
Reddit loves bags

Scaling doesn't matter for digital gold

dude, this shit is going to 4k by the end of the week. it was dead when it went from 19 to 17.

Try harder, why don't you? I mean, really..

Yeah, it was dead when it went down, at all. Ever. Totally dead. Never coming back. Right?

Bitcoin can scale just fine
The problem is purely political, not technical
When will you understand this

Wait just saw you said switching to XRP would be ok. Fuck you OP. Kys. Xrp is a cancer

If we switch it will be to another CRYPTOCURRENCY. Not an extensiom of fiat like ripple

people dont give a shit about how well it scales. people buying ripple now don't really want to use it.

jesus fucking christ. tired of hearing these mushy brained reasons why. It's alot of factors why btc met its apex but it's locked into a depressed state because of looming tax laws, pessimism and anger from bag hodlers and the entire market chasing moon missions.

factually incorrect, there are tons of angry tweets of people who want to invest 50 bucks into crypto and they encounter the harsh bite of bitcoin fees.

Lol, they will have no problem with fees since they just leave the coin on coinbase

I can't tell if that's actually serious or not

>~ The Crypto Expert ~
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

lol this

People entering the market 2 months ago think they're experts without any real understanding about the tech or history.

(((they))) are taking a ton of normies BTC/ETH with XRP but these ignorant greed driven retards don't know any better.

Yeah, for anyone who has been in before 2017 it is fucking pathetic listening to these normies screaming about how bitcoin is outdated or "bad tech". These idiots dont understand crypto at all. Bitcoin has a devlopment team problem, not a tech problem

Ya they probably have no idea about the importance of decentralization or the whole point of crypto in the first place which is security.

The high fee and transaction time meme is a growing pain not something indicating a downfall.

>The high fee and transaction time meme is a growing pain not something indicating a downfall.
I'm going to assume you 2 are oldfags and being srs. Look BTC and decentralized crypto will NEVER go mainstream. Normies want customer service. They want help when a transaction is sent to the wrong address or they forget the login into their account. I hear all this talk bout scaling, which will an issue, doesn't even cover the fundamental problem with a decentralized crypto. it's not consumer friendly. its not idiot proof.

The only ppl wiling to put up with these hassles are criminals.

>Switch to XRP
laughinggirls.jpg
Buy into the future and get some LTC while its cheap.

You are myopic and fail to see how trends change in humanity.

More and more people comfortable with technology and the virtual world will grow up, get jobs, acquire capital, and use this money to buy bitcoin. There are people born in this era where the internet has always existed. So yes normies now who barely know how to use a computer will have a lot of trouble, but that's not going to be true in the future.

Also, making it consumer friendly and idiot proof is not a very difficult issue.

>Buy at Coinbase (Low Fee)
>Transfer to GDAX (No Fee)
>Trade between Fiat, BTC, LTC, ETH, BCH (Very low fees)
Where are people struggling with buying bitcoin?

I lost the password to my Wells Fargo account. I call customer support, they verify my identify (trust), and reset my password.

I lost my private crypto key. How do I access my decentralized money?

The problem with crypto is that decentralization is a double-edged sword. It stops the anyone from freezing my funds but it also stops them from helping access my funds. Normies prefer help. Criminals prefer not freezing.

This. The only thing btc has going for it is some retro-flair and boomers not knowing what it is.
And regarding your muh decentralized muh ebbil banking concerns:
Right now btc is controlled by fiat, is used by elites to launder money, is used by cartels for drug, weapon and probably human trafficking while consuming more energy than denmark getting traded by you guys perverting its very core idea.
The next thing is muh decentralized. How is such a currency decentralized when a few people we don't even know (who is that satoshi guy anyway) own most of it and can easily manipulate the price.
So much power in the hands of a few and you crypto-clowns dare to talk about a decentralized currency? I'd rather let banks handle this market than you delusional amateuer brainlets.
HEIL XRP!

Exactly, it will be fixed soon enough. I just wish the core side would ctually acknowledge these growing pains instead of this fee market meme bullshit. Anyways, lets see how LN will work soon.

You have a point user, but in that case, why the hell would these normies use smth like XRP? No point for individuals really. Might as well use a normal bank ccount in that case

Yeah go back to normiebook

>You have a point user, but in that case, why the hell would these normies use smth like XRP? No point for individuals really. Might as well use a normal bank ccount in that case

Normies don't care about XRP. They are being shilled by Souel finance chinks into buying XRP because lambo.

>tfw you cannot afford the 20XRP for a ripple wallet no more
Go back to collecting shitcoins while polluting my environment.

I would not buy ripple even if it was free faggot.

Well, then we can make the conclusion that normies don't care about crypto and will continue using fiat

>~ The Crypto Expert ~

You're right in that normies prefer help. I just have faith in the coming generations and their willingness to sacrifice this type of service for the benefits of decentralization.

>dee satoshi bwai will fix it, btc mooning to 1million soon user!
Even my mom sees that ripple is the only credible thing going on at the shitcoin market.
When I saw it lying around for 25 cent I couldn't believe you crypto-clowns are that dumb.
Thanks for those bags, you dumbfucks.

>Well, then we can make the conclusion that normies don't care about crypto and will continue using fiat

Yep. which is why no one should hodl or use hardware wallets. this shit will be dead in 6 moths max. the blue chips (btc, ltc, eth) has burned their fuel and once the alts burn whatever remains, the market will implode.

Do you like that banker dick in your ass?

The whole reason ANY crypto exists at all, is to get away from them

I understand that banking side of it disgusts you.
The idea to invest in a ineffective, uncontrolled, polluting mess bugridden cartelcoin controlled by some obscure entity which could already have been compromised like btc instead is beyond me, though.

Yeah just like that silly dot com fad.

>credible
Hey dipshit just because you made some money, it doesn't mean you know anything. You literally bought something that has absolutely no utility to you and can be printed at any time.

You're actually fucking retarded if you think blockchain tech is not here to stay. Like now I feel bad that I seriously tried to reason with a brainlet for 30 min.

I fear you are right. Then the normies will complain about the problem that they themselves create instead of taking the way out

>their willingness to sacrifice this type of service for the benefits of decentralization.

which are what? not freezing funds, great for criminals. That's the only proven use case scenario for decentralized currency.

The problem is the Dotcom bubble did certain things better like buying stuff (eBay or amazon) and video games (Nvidia vs. Hasbro). But Crypto is a mixed-bag. The pros come with insane drawbacks and for normies, the drawbacks are worse. That's why it's been 9 years and still no progress.

Do you like money laundering financial elite dick up your ass? You don't even understand but the elites have been heavily buying into btc a few years ago when central banks rushed out liquidity and investors didn't know where to put it once stock markets were saturated.
Nah user, you made the same people rich like you always do, btc is a meme and it deserves to get ripped a new hole by xrp which actually doesn't need the energy of 200 fusion cores to run an expensive and time-consuming transaction.

Fine, let's not argue anymore about it. I realize few of the new investors share any of my ideals.

>expert
>shills a token created out of thin air that wasn't even mined
You know the founder if Mt.Gox has 7 billion of these shit tokens. He's a billionaire on paper. A known scammer was allowed to have so much power and control of a shittoken and you put all your trust in it because 100 other lemmings who do not know it's history saw it shilled somewhere. What a time to be alive.

Satoshi is dead you dumbfuck.

I can tell u have been in crypto for less than a year.
We won’t switch to ripple u mongoloid we will switch to ETH. Are u going to buy alts with ripple? Are u going to measure alts in cripples?
Fuck off

Keep dreaming. I am a pro stock investor for many years, 40-50% yoy with stocks. Some of the 52 week lows with stocks are actually the prices I bought them for you wannabe.
I see value when you guys see shitcoins and I see shitcoins when you guys see the holy grail.
You have no idea what xrp will do to your fever dreams of btc at 1million, looking forward.

That might be true, but they still can not manipulate it nearly as much as centralized currency. Maybe Ill just switch to gold instead of any crypto

>Using Coinbase and not exchanges like Bitstamp that already support segwit.

Also this

>That might be true, but they still can not manipulate it nearly as much as centralized currency. Maybe Ill just switch to gold instead of any crypto

What is your goal?

You should just go invest in companies you actually believe in on the stock exchange. Hell so many people online use Nivida GPUs, why not buy some stocks and make some money back?

I hate banking monopoly as well, we all do.
But btc for the rescue? I don't believe in that.
I would rather invest in stellar lumens or something like that but btc is a polluting mess and cancer of the cryptoscene.
XRP may be as well, at least it works and doesn't need the power of a country.

BUY THE DIP YOU RETARDS

IT'S JUST NORMIES CASHING OUT DUE TO A PERCEIVED LOSS DUE TO THE TAX REFORMS

So I van understand some of your points about btc but why the hell are you shilling xrp, that makes no sense. There will be no crypto market with ripple as a leader

The fact that you have to brag about this shit just shows how insecure you are. Like this isn't even about BTC, I think you're just reallllllllly dumb for believing XRP has value. There are so many other coins that have actual utility for the investor.

So what happened to him, who has his coins now?

He got ALS and noone has his crypto which is why it doesn't get moved.

Yeah of course I will invest in stocks, just not at these prices. Honestly I cant seem to find anything that is not overvalued now? I was thinking just cash, gold and maybe forest/teak. Do you have any other ideas?

Okay, fair enough. I just don't see any value in the actual token. But hope you make profit and dump on the idiots

Normalfags prefer help, but when pushed against the wall between survival and death they'll try to survive.

It all boils down to whether you believe society will keep trucking along. Looking at demographic projections for 2050 and 2100 and knowing how the financial system works, I can't see any scenario that doesn't end up in subjugation of the masses by a power elite, unless there's radical technological disruption. Said disruption can certainly happen, but just in case it doesn't, having a hedge in cryptocurrency doesn't hurt.

Guys don't buy XRP

~The Crypto Wizard~

>look mommy I did x10 for the first time

exchanges go down
hundreds of thousand in unconfirmed transactions
slow as fuck
takes forever to verify on exchange

yeah, the normies said fuck it.
BTC will never see 20k again
unless we get new exchanges
unless they fix thier shit

>It all boils down to whether you believe society will keep trucking along. Looking at demographic projections for 2050 and 2100 and knowing how the financial system works, I can't see any scenario that doesn't end up in subjugation of the masses by a power elite, unless there's radical technological disruption. Said disruption can certainly happen, but just in case it doesn't, having a hedge in cryptocurrency doesn't hurt.

>let me put on my thinking cap

1. In an Armageddon society, guns, ammo and food will become the currency. BTC can only function in a peaceful society like right now.

2. I agree that our policies are not sustainable. I think USA will experience a lot of problems in 2030 with demographic change affecting the GOP and being able to afford social security.

With that said I don't think crypto is a hedge. Most crypto is shitcoin ICOs which are worse than penny stocks. BTC which is an real currency has too many problems to be considered a hedge. Biggest problem is that 70%+ of the mining is in China so the Chinese govt could shut down the miners and destabilize the entire system. Or do a 51% attack.

3. The biggest problem in the future will be water. Once water becomes scarce, and peasants complain about not being able to eat, shit will hit the fans.

I just wanted to say that the idea that XRP ebbil btc not is a meme, it's not that simple.
They have both extreme cons and pros, while XRP works flawlessly and costs me a fraction of a ripple to move it to exchanges.
What's not to like about it?
True, ripple will be a banking thing, it won't be a private user thing.
I just want you to not miss out on becoming a ripple bank in a few years when normies can't afford to open a wallet no more.

Gold is a meme as well.
It will only be valuable when there is a contained crisis somewhere which doesn't affect other markets too much. e.g. NK uses an EMP to cripple digital infrastructure of the US.
If it's madmax time you won't be able to pay with btc and you sure don't want to be the one paying with gold if you don't live in the wolfsschanze.
I made lots of money with gold bugs, best short was a year or two ago when I shorted it at 1377, good times.
Did you know that Russia and China have been the biggest buyers of gold the last years?

This user gets it. On the stock market I only bought companies I liked and which I did understand. Cannabis stocks, videogame developers..bought Nvidia at 20dollar back then btw.
And I remember 'financial analysts' telling me Take-Two is overvalued at 30 dollar. Thanks for the bags, banker boi.

whatever makes you sleep, you will remember me one day.

buy 120 xrp, make a wallet, forget about it, look at it in 20 years, thank me later.

user, again I run a stock market fund for my family.
I made lots of money, bought norwegian energy at 1.80, canopy growth at 1.80, friday night at 0.10, tesla at 124,61 Euro.
All I hope for is XRP correcting massively so I can stack up again. But I don't believe in smart money being that stupid, all I hope for is amateur investors dumping because they are amateurs.
And no I am proud about what I learned, but I also paid my fair share like everybody who got serious about it.

I've been in cryptoverse since 2011 and I agree

ETH was a funny and ambitious idea and yet it is being use for a ponzi games and ico market speculations only to lure stupid pajeets into moon/lambo memes with no REAL use whatsoever

SALT is a speculative meme
privacy coins are meme and monero has no advantage over bitcoin

Things like factom are probably prone to being hacked

Ripple is fucking useless and driven by speculation

Is there even any other working platform?

WHat else is there? swarm of random shitcoins like icx, dogedark etc.. watever

lmao fucking autist

Sorry that your life sucks so much that you have to jerk yourself off on a Vietnamese weaving forum.

Do you want to buy before LN or after when it's at ATH? Your choice.

all of this is wrong.

Fact 1. bitcoin is a shit coin, any new coin with these features would be on cryptopia forever

Fact 2. water isnt a problem, just desalinate

>1. In an Armageddon society, guns, ammo and food will become the currency. BTC can only function in a peaceful society like right now.
Good thing humanity (western society at least) as a whole is not that retarded. For every extremist that's trying to return us to the stone age, there's 100 people worrying about "what if".

I just can type fast and love to trigger you shitcoin-holders.
But you are right, XRP is shit, it's a bankers coin and should be dumped, it's worthless and will fall to 10cent like a stone! Feel better now?

>desalinate

Desalinating water only works for drinking water, not for agriculture because it's too expensive to desalinate the water and transport it from the ocean to growing sites.

There's also the constant global threat of war which would relapse society as a whole regardless of how many people try to stop it.

all the payment and exchange coins make sense to me. i think normies can handle that if you give it to them with a chip card. but they won't replace POS like visa and debit. privacy coins have their niche on tor.

but the rest, i can't see any sort of wide adoption. i've read "communities" on a blockchain, frequent flyer miles on a blockchain, lending platforms that no one will use, smart contracts that are too complicated for their own good. eth useful for crytokitties though. blockchain is a libertarian's wet dream but normies want to be chained.

i'm invested now but i want to see something as simple as the apple marketing for the original ipod was.

>Once water becomes scarce
Where the fuck's it going to go?

ZZZZzzzz
i'm getting sleepy

>all the payment and exchange coins make sense to me

What sense is there? U know, few years back there were x-amount of random bitcoin clones that doesnt made sense back then and they doesnt bring anything new to the table now (only good they do is to make more btc off them and idiots that bought into whatever meme they promise).

I agree there is a niche for privacy coins, but we dont need 25 of them, market already decided that It only needs bitcoin, an maybe monero but I am highly sceptical about that.

Only legit use I can think of rn is maybe, and thats a big maybe, goods tracking, even though I still feel like these things are only good for market speculation, promises and prone to being hacked in real use, by any fake-making company that want to crack this.

War generally improves economy, not the inverse. I'm going to assume we've got MAD under control. The odds are good enough that it's not worth making contingencies for it.

Don't ask me!

It is, and it works. Bitcoin will be 100k in a year.

I just realized that the whole cryptomarket is a leech growing on the back of Bitcoin. All the theoretical money in all the shitcoins comes from people investing in Bitcoin and nothing else.

>Where the fuck's it going to go?

There is a finite amount of fresh water in liquid form on Earth. We are depleting said water for manufacturing, agriculture and consumption (drinking). As population keeps on growing, it puts pressure on the ground water supply. Eventually we will reach out carrying capacity and food/water will become scarce. Right now the niggers don't riot because they can afford their KFC. What happens once people start fighting over food again? Gonna be some class warfare, French revolution shit.

inb4 desalination

That entirely depends on whether your waging war on your territory or theirs. Many countries are regularly attacked by terrorists and if they decided to ramp that up to 11 (I.E. Better tactics and weaponry, bigger bombs, or even dirty nukes/EMPs) then you're in some shit.

b-but McAfee said that bitcoin will be 1M $ in 3 years.. ??!

>I just realized that the whole cryptomarket is a leech growing on the back of Bitcoin. All the theoretical money in all the shitcoins comes from people investing in Bitcoin and nothing else.

Yes that's why the BTC market cap and dominance rates are so important. BTC created the market and with it's collapse so too will the rest of the market, which appears to be happening right now, 13k support level.

Filter it. Tap into underground rivers. Melt the 3.5 tons of snow outside my window. We've got scientists and shit, we'll figure this out.

>We've got scientists and shit, we'll figure this out.

Scientists, like the scientists working on blockchain for the last 9 years?

To be fair, they very well may develop a solution (and we are already depleting ground water) but right now it's an issue that has not been resolved.

Like I said, I will never buy ripple and consider it worthless. Anyway since you are knowledgeable about investing in general, what is wrong with this plan?
>Buy gold now, it is low relative to ATH
>wait until the inevitable market crash in equities
>switch gold for cheaper stocks?

Well honestly, either btc or eth really solves these problems or we will always stay niche.

Actually based on this thread I have a solid All American solution. We simply war with other countries for there water. Then the economy will boom, BTC will him $1M, and we have enough water.

yes, but there is no reason to not think that we will solve it in time.

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GOLDAMGBD228NLBM

Because gold doesn't skyrocket during a recession. You could just keep the money in cash and use it to buy stocks cheap.

>yes, but there is no reason to not think that we will solve it in time.

The null hypothesis is the status quo which is we will not solve the problem. It's a Hollywood Trope that the scientists are always able to save humanity, Independence Day (1996)

>Actually based on this thread I have a solid All American solution. We simply war with other countries for there water. Then the economy will boom, BTC will him $1M, and we have enough water.

Quite possible that we will see this occur.

Visa and paypal are better than xrp regarding ease of use, speed and fees (free for the customer). The added value of bitcoin is decentralization and true ownership of one's assets.

>free for the customer
>paypal
nope.jpg

Ok I tell you.
There won't be an inevitable market crash, at least if DaDanald doesn't fuck up bigtime.
IF there is signs of a market crash you will recognize it: central banks will pump out money, lower the interest rate and will actually keep markets stabilized.
The FED has contracts with other central banks e.g. BOJ which allows other central banks to support different markets than their own if necessary.
You won't see 2008 like that again. Hopefully.
The only black swan I see is Donald Trump.
His macroeconomical ideas are ridiculous to put it mildly. He is stuck in a past never to return.
Also scrapping Dodd-Frank and stuff like that is dangerous. But american sheeple love it to get bumraped by elites so we won't see any kind of containment of his braincancer.
BTC was a black swan as well, but as you can see right now it is being controlled and pushed down by fiat and as the whole cryptomarket is evaluated in btc it takes pressure off it.
With gold you had your opportunity to buy in already..'remember remember that dip in december'.
Gold may have a good run soon, but you aren't buying in cheap and it is a flawed investment in general to me.
But then again Russia and China bought massive amounts of gold, if they don't dump we may find out one day why they did.

they only make sense to me because of lower fees and it's a very easy concept to grasp.

they're competing with paypal and banks so it may not take off here. stellar, evx and whatever other ones that target 3rd world countries make even more sense because they've been looking into mobile banking for many, many years now. that doesn't mean they deserve a billion mcap though.

U know that stellar has been around forever and only recently there is this sudden hype around it with ridiculous capitalization?

Gee I wonder why is that

> Fed Funds rate is still incredibly low.
> Household Debt at record high levels
> Economy chocking on healthcare and college costs.
> Assets overpriced (Housing especially).

The problem is our economy is incredibly fragile. We never really "stabilized" after the financial crisis and instead GDP and the stock market mooned. But fundamentally the most people are still struggling stagnant wages, rising healthcare and college costs, and expensive homes. When the next economic shock happens, there will be nothing the fed can do because the fundamentals are broken and we'll see a massive correction with lots of bankruptcies and very high unemployment.

stopped reading when you said xrp, your post lost credbility at this point

You take precautions to not lose them in the first place, my normal friend

>NEVER go mainstream
u realize 95% of wealth is not held by the mainstream right....

Thanks for the reply user! I guess diversification in all asset classes would be smartest at this time.
Sorry I was an asshole earlier

>let me live my life in fair of losing my private keys and losing all my money
>u realize 95% of wealth is not held by the mainstream right....

Wealthy people won't store their assets in a currency that's mined 70% on Chinese servers