How do you get into traditional games if you lack social interaction...

How do you get into traditional games if you lack social interaction, live online and don't have any other hobbies or things to talk about?

How bad at social interaction are we talking?

I don't know what to talk about when I'm with my coworkers so I just nod my head and say "That's interesting, please tell me more!" instead of making conversations

Play online mahjong, poker, chess, etc.

Find a text-only game on Roll20 or something.

Invent pretend stories about games that never were, then post them on That Guy threads or generals.

Read some news?
Watch some popular shows?
If you're really pinched for time watch some popular movies?
Doesn't matter if you agree with the movies, just watch them and tell people your opinion.

Do you live in a large city? It's a lot easier to find existing game groups to join in an urban environment.

You could also look online, there are groups playing games over vassal/tabletop simulator.

>how do I get into social pursuits if I can't do social shit

The same way you run a marathon if you're a 250lbs landwhale.

I'm 5'6" 120 lbs!

but most groups seem to already have formed cliques and aren't welcoming to new players or it's a bunch of people that know each other + you (the outsider)

I do that but I don't have much opinions on things, I'm too dumb to see symbolism and hidden movies in tv shows and movies.

>I'm too dumb to see symbolism and hidden movies in tv shows and movies.
So remark on that! I sell myself as an insensitive asshole and people seem to like me still.
>5'6"
lol, nevermind, just give up manlet.

>I'm 5'6" 120 lbs!
Cute!

I've played with people more autistic than you and they weren't trying to get better or not be a nuisance. Just try your best to not be an ass, apologize when you fuck up and try to stay calm when something happens that upsets you.

What do you think about or do you literally not have a stream of consciousness?

Most irl miniatures groups I found were pretty welcoming of new members. Sure, they knew each other better but when you stick around long enough you gradually become accepted.

It's probably different with rp then with miniatures/board games.

Bad enough that you'd unironically post that OP image, I'm guessing

I don't see anything wrong with the image...

>but most groups seem to already have formed cliques and aren't welcoming to new players or it's a bunch of people that know each other + you (the outsider)

The "Pathfinder Society" and "D&D Encounters" events are based around pick-up groups formed on a weekly basis. You could also look for groups on Meetup period Com, or even jump straight into a game convention.

For general social competence, there are tons of books about how to hold your own in human interaction. If you have the means, consider professional therapy.

I've read How to Win Friends and Influence People!

Well, it doesn't seem like you'd be a problem or anything, just a bit bland, perhaps.
Not particularly a problem on that end, if you're self-aware of it, then maybe you can state that out to a new group when it comes to it.

I'd suggest trying to find a game online, whatever platform you like I gues. Roll20, RPoL, etc

Did it work?
HtWFaIP always struck me as a very crude, 1950s guide to manipulation rather than a guide to overcoming social anxiety. But, if it helps give you confidence, then whatever.

Not really, the book basically tells you to feign interest in people and give credit to them for your own ideas.

I mean, it was written as an aid for salesmen, it's not really a great handbook for actually making friends

>live online
How the fuck do you "live online"? Did you upload yourself to Dropbox?

If it makes you feel more secure, play via Roll20 or Tabletop Simulator, at least to begin with until you get the hang of interacting with people in a game. Then you can start going to your local gae store or to tabletop events.

>manlet
>.> nice bait.

>Dropbox

Normie detected. Real transhumans upload themselves to SpiderOak