Now that the primaris are a thing, what will happen to "defective" chapters? Will the RG lose their ivory skin...

Now that the primaris are a thing, what will happen to "defective" chapters? Will the RG lose their ivory skin? Will the Carchadorons lose their black eyes?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!koolBSRb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Primaris still have all the genetic quirks of their parent chapter but it is unknown wether the flaws are also there too

The white skin of the RG is a flaw though

It's difficult to tell the difference between flaw and quirk when you're talking about primarchs because of the amount of techno-warp fuckery involved
But let's say a quirk is something that doesn't really impair their recipient, it's not like pale skin and black eyes is comparable to going furry or murdering and exaunguinating everyone around you

Wedon't know, but maybe we will later on in books and stuff where Primaris are featured more and more. The subject will definitely be discussed I think.

Previews for the BA codex says Primaris dont have The Flaw, but emphasis is placed on the fact they haven't shown signs of it 'yet'.

IIRC the paleness is derived from Corax, so doesnt register as a flaw since it is derived from their primarch. Same with Salamander being incredibly black and Space Wolves being hairy fanged guys.

I have a feeling that Primaris marines will end up having substantially worse flaws soon.

you mean the price per model?

wot?

no, as in gene flaws.

It's from their primarch, but it's also said to be a minor flaw from the melanchromic organ

it was a joke m8

hard to tell. It's that fine line between "the fuck, did this retard read the post?" and sarcasm.

No, it was very obvious

Well of course, you wrote it.

No, I'm OP

>murdering and exaunguinating everyone around you
If this is an impairment then you're not space marining right.

I found it obvious as well.
But don't feel bad, user. Many important historical figures had autism.

It seems like the Primaris lose defects *not* inherent to the geneseed. Like the Black Rage (which only showed up after Hawkboy's death, and thus isn't inherent).

They will lose the red thirst too

But I'm OP

Some user made a head canon post about BA Primaris basically just pretending to be retarded after seeing the Red Thirst in action among their brothers. I'm going with that too for the lulz.

You sure are snarky for someone who is incapable of detecting humour in context. Are you German?

Maybe

Not what I heard...

I just started getting into 40k lore. I like Gaunts Ghosts. I got Horus Rising too. Anything else I should get or should I just stick with these two series and move forward?

Since we're on the subject, existing marines can get the chad upgrade as well can't they? Otherwise I imagine that the genetic legacy of gene seed will eventually express themselves even in the Primaris. It's not like they are uncorruptable so here's to even stronger marines who go into blackrage/red thirst or, even cooler, primaris Black Dragons

Nope, they just haven't manifested it yet. The Blood Angels Legion took a long time to fully identify what was going wrong too; absent the Black Rage to trigger it early, the Thirst takes a long time or very specific circumstances to set in.

No, I'm OP

The Lamenters didn't show it till late m41

Similar situation too

Churchill and Monty to start with

It looks like the flaws are gone. BA novel confirms that during the 100 years of the Indomitus Crusade no Blood Angel Primaris fell to the Black Rage.

40k novels:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!koolBSRb

I highly recommend Deathwatch by Steve Parker and the associated short stories, Headhunted and Exhumed.

Baneblade, Shadowsword, and the 2 short stories, Stormlord and Iron Harvest (Read this one before Shadowsword, it will make the crew much more likeable, in a Brothers in Arms sort of way) by Based Guy Haley (generally speaking Haley is a good pick).

Dead Men Walking for one of the most grimdark book about 40k, featuring the KDK, by Steve Lyons. Fantastic but super depressing. The short story Down Amongst the Dead Men by the same author deals with "training" on Krieg is equally good and depressing.
15 Hours is also one of the best IG book there is around.

Red Tithe by Robbie McNiven and Eye of Medusa by David Guymer are two excellent books giving loads of background information about, respectively, the Carcharodons and the Iron Hands (I have to say, I'm a Carcharodons player but hot diddly damn Eye of Medusa was good, IH are scary and brutal as fuck in this book)

Death of Antagonis and Warden of the Blade by David Annandale are solid books as well, one fluhes out the Black Dragon nicely (very different interpretation than Kyme's savage view on them) and the 2nd is about Castellan Crowe, and a fantastic insight on the perils of the GK and the bearer of the blade of Ant'wyr in particular. Manages to make him non Mary-Sue.

Watchers of the Throne by Wraight is great to learn about Terra, to know what happened there when the Great Rift opened. Along with Dark Imperium by Haley, it's the book to read to learn what's going on in 40k now.

Pdf related is also a great book, it's everything a book about an unknown chapter should be. I like to share it around since it was take from the BL site 2 weeks before release because of legal problems, so poor Kearney wrote a whole damn novel for nothing, and I suspect he is the one that put up his novel on torrents so that it's not forgotten.

>Watchers of the Throne by Wraight is great to learn about Terra, to know what happened there when the Great Rift opened. Along with Dark Imperium by Haley, it's the book to read to learn what's going on in 40k now.
Should've recommended Carrion Throne while you were at it

No damn it, they can't. It was one guy throwing it during a stream, and it has never been put into writing since then or talked about. People just spammed it until enough people believed it, just like "Cawl destroyed Cadia you guys!" when GS was going on.

But as others said, it'd be weird if GW didn't write a problem for Primaris with their original "flaws" disappearing, that would mean every chapter would be the same.

Haven't read it yet I must admit, and I was on the 2000 characters limit.

It's about regular humans isn't it? Doesn't have the appeal of Custodes x SoS, and the love story of Aleya and Valerian that goes along with it.

It's about the Inquisition operating on Terra and has shows off different kinds of Inquisitors well. Lone wolf who goes off and attacks a Mechanicus facility if he needs to, high level politically connected one, one who went around crusading with Astartes etc. You also learn what Terra is like in the 41st millenium and it builds the locations extremely well.
It also has my favorite appearance of Custodes in any 40k novel (the character also appears in Watchers of the Throne).

They still have the Red Thirst though.

>primaris marines are much stronger, faster, and hardier than normal marines
>but end up with genetic flaws 5 times a strong
>their red thirst is equivalent to the black rage
>turn their black carapace into pain gloves permanently on
>their skin hardens into jet black scales that eventually stop their movement entirely
I could fuck with this.

That sounds way too awesome for games workshop to consider at the moment.

Primaris Black Dragons would be fucking tight.

My personal head Canon is the reason BA Primaris don't have the black rage is because without drinking Sanguinius' blood that part of the geneseed wont activate.

That would be awesome, but not going to happen

The Black Rage and the Red Thirst are two very different things although they cause basically the same effect: Maximum rip and tear.

Black Rage comes from the psychic backlash from the death of Sanguinius, because the Primarch was a filthy psyker and had a very homo relation with his sons. It transcends time and space to have the afflicted believe they are Sanguinius fighting Horus, making their body on complete overdrive, rendering them mad and extremely strong at the same time. Sometimes that goes even further and even death in battle is not an option, in that case you become extremely deformed and will be jailed in the tower of Amareo, which was opened when Baal was attacked by the Nids, helping them charge one last time. First and only time it was opened. IF you fall to the Black Rage, it's over, you don't come back, unless you're Lemartesn and even then he's extremely borderline 24/7 and falls a tiny bit now and then, as shown in his novella by Annandale.

The Red Thirst is a curse by Ka'Bandha, a bloodthirster, after he got his ass handed to him by Sanguiboy during the HH, or something like that, and it makes you want to drink and draw blood. Hence the campires images etc. Some take it further than others, the Blood Drinkers or the Angels Vermillion for example, which is obviously not well viewed by the Imperium and other chapters of the Blood, ironically. But the big difference is that you CAN come back from the Thirst, it happens very often actually, when you have sated it. But you risk waking up from that hangover surrounded by a few innocents or allies corpses. Mephiston was afflicted by it and coudn't sate the Thirst for several days, trapped under the rubble, and changed as we know, becoming very different, powerful and scary, making him able to fight Doombreed/Genghis Khan 1 on 1, which isn't a small feat. Very nice other novella by Annandale.

Carcharodon GeneSeed is more pure than RG.

If anything, the RG have more to worry about.

Technically the Carcharodons geneseed isn't exactly pure either. Having your skin go scaly after a few centuries and being prone to the Blindness, something the RG doesn't have anymore can't be ranked as being pure I'm afraid.

Ciaphas Cain

NO, I AM SPAR- I MEAN OP

I chuckled.

Addendum: It is however noted that Tyberos and by extesion the Carcharodons geneseed was very STABLE which is very different from pure, but still. Also devoid of any chaotic corruption, but really every loyalist ahs that at this point.
However if we consider the fact that the RG used to not be able to harvest progenoid glands and had to rely on reular shipment by the HL of Terra to keep creating more marines (unless it has been retconned) then yes, technically the Carcharodons geneseed is A LOT better. Only a first founding Legion could have had such favours from the HL in order to survive. Others would have died out. Meanwhile Carcharodons can harvest all right, even if their induction process can be faulty and leave past memories for example.

>implying it ain't warpfuckery.

It leaves past memories? Source?

Red Tithe protag keeps having flashbacks, but so does the NL in it

I don't consider BL canon anyway

God I hope Cawl doesn't make Primaris'd neo Primarchs next.

>Cawl ends up being the next god emperor and conquers another million planets with his sue army
>emperor gets pissed and jelly so comes back to life after being a psychic dick to Guilliman and breaks out his EVEN SUE-ER secret shit like Ultra Custodians that are 100 better than primarchs (and are clones of Him) and literally reproduce like bacteria to spawn a near infinite amount of Perpetual Emperor clones. Each of which are smart as shit too and bring back the Golden Age of Technology, with less AI rebellions this time.

>the blindness
This is an RG version of the black rage right? Since the sharks become twitchy and even more genocidal.
Also, charcharodons are one of the banished terran-born elements of the original RG(hence ''the edicts of exile''and the whole banishment thing), since their main fleet is called the nomad predation fleet, a name used by the RG during the heresy, the same happened with the ashen claws, but the sharks survived the deeps space of the halo stars while ashen claws didn't

The Lamenters will finally know what success is without constant Pyrrhic Victories tainting every battle they get into.

You /don't/ want that? Sounds 2sexy6me

No Thousand Son succumbed to the flesh change during most of the Great Crusade and we all know how that turned out

Red Tithe. One of the protagonists, not the protagonist has flashbacks of his life before induction. It's explicitly stated it's because of the scant resources of the Carcharodons that made the hypnoendoctrination a tad faulty.

Talos had vision because of his geneseed ya dingus.
Plenty of marines have visions, BA have visions aplenty, and practically every librarians has some visions at some point, being a psyker.

Having visions is not exclusive to some gene lines.

FUCKING. BORING. If I wanted Ultramarines I'd have painted them blue.

Calm down, it's almost assured there SOMETHING that will happen, GW is aware of that risk, Seth says the exact same thing in Devastation of Baal, that they're just Ultramarines painted red.

I read devastation, and to level with you, I see Seths point. I didn't like that the Primaris seemed to lack the fundamental identity of the BA. Here's hoping that they get some dope shit soon.

Good! It's intended to be a polarizing point for the Blood Angels lineage. It's important that both sides have rational arguments for their views. Seth has a very good point about importance of the Red Thirst to the culture of the Blood Angels. It absolutely shouldn't be looked at as, "He's right and you're wrong." By any side.

Based Haley coming to the rescue once again. SO glad him and Wraight will handle most of the Siege of Terra.

But are they getting the Primaris or would they remain marinelets forever because they didn't participate in the Baal's defense?

Anyone has the new BA book? Need my Primaris fix...

The Uriel Ventris vs. Honsou line is pretty good. Covers a lot of ground from Ultramar, to the fringe, to why Chaos does some of the crazy shit they do, the crushing futility or being a guardsman...