Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1917: Just Us Half-Baked Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.me/gofuckyourself
discord.gg/bfdbXax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A thought came to me just at the end of the last thread, mostly because of the final image posted.

What do you think the result of me going to 40K and sequestering all 20 Primarch babies away to raise on a far flung world?

Let's try this again. Updated Nechronica.

Change Log:
Items for bits and bobs people asked about.

A +0cp Drawback to make things magical.

Questions, Comments, Critics, and Complaints as per usual.

Kidnapping is still illegal in the grimdark future, uncle Iroh.

They're going to kill each other.

So for Companions you always get 1-4 free OCs + 2 free Imports? I never noticed the "and/or" until just now.

So can someone explain Disgeae's reincarnation system? I don't understand how they are judged.

It's not really kidnapping. More saving them from terrible childhoods and thirsting gods.

Truly? Are my parenting skills so poor?

Not if you are kidnapping them from their kidnappers. What would that be called anyway?

Pretty good.

Red, to be fair. They only despised one another do to the WILDLY different planets and cultures they were raised on.

Kidnapping. It would only be something other than kidnapping if you handed them back to Big-E. But Big-E wouldn't be the best parent anyway.

If anyone could make it work, it would be Iroh. Just know that Chaos will be utterly opposing you at every turn.

It's not that your skills are poor, it's th-

Oh. Babies.

...okay yeah just avoid the fuck out of Chaos then.

Yeah, originally it was just 1-4 OCs but I changed that like the last update or before that?

Figured I wouldn't force anyone to take companions they didn't want, gave the option to bring in companions though looking at it I should probably bump that up to 3 Imports for free.

And I could of sworn I bumped up their CP to 400. Well, fixing that now.

>just avoid the fuck out of Chaos then.

I read that wrong.

I read that SO WRONG.

Tell me more.

I find the idea that there is a chance of Big E recognizing Iroh to be fucking hilarious.

They will find little purchase on my world. I have lost one of my own already, I shan't lose another.

>Magnus stop that.
>Sanguinius it's dangerous up there.
>Alpharius? Omegon? How did you get into my warehouse?
>Why yes Fulgrim that is a lovely picture of ahsoka.
>Ruby, Vulcan and Mortarion start forging a weapon.

There's no real explaining it. It works in whatever way the plot demands. Sometimes Angels that die acting like dicks come back as Demons. Sometimes Demons that die being heroic come back as Angels. Sometimes both that act like particularly true assholes come back at Prinnys. Sometimes Humans get involved in the mix, except when they don't. Sometimes Prinnys get reborn after paying off their Asshole Debt. Sometimes they're there for nine eternities because they yelled at their kids in life.

Just don't think about Disgaea too hard and it's a lot of fun.

A bunch of demons hold a vote based on how much they like you on a completely arbitrary basis, that tends to make all the side characters prinnies and let all the main characters land on their feet regardless of actual moral standards. In-game this manifests as important NPCs not being able to transmigrate into anything while monsters/humanoids can turn into prinnies, and whatever happens they're all reset to Level 1.

It's basically like the EU.

>Fuck the chaos out of them.

Yesss. Yessss.

Wait, would Best Primarch even have his wings? Supposedly he mutated due to something on his 'homeworld'.

Kamen Rider Ryuki Builds, please!

It was the warp that gave him them. He had them when he came out of the pod.

>The young Sanguinius' life almost came to an end then and there, for the touch of Chaos had changed him. Tiny vestigial wings, like those of an angel, emerged from his back.

Do the bloodravens get wings?

Do they need to be gifted them?

JUMP 1: KAMEN RIDER RYUKI
ORIGIN: ???
DRAWBACKS:
Mirror Monsters are incredibly aggressive towards you - to the point of prioritizing you first for a meal or a fight. You will be attacked at least once a week by Mirror Monsters, sometimes in ‘packs’ of three or four.n (200)
An Apathetic World (300)
Gorou’s Curse (400)
Tatakae Wa (600)
Never End (1000)
Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall…(1300)
Alive A Life (1800)
Inept user (1900)
PERKS:
Hand to Hand Combat (1800)
Melee Training(1700)
Survive(1100)
GEAR:
COMPANION:
Shinji Kido(1100)
Miyuki Tezuka(1100)
Mirror Monster: A Dragon’s Wrath(400)+The Right Tools(100)+Another one(0)
Sword Vent (100)
Meele Vent (200)
Trick Vent(400)
Copy Vent(700)
Confine Ven (1000)
SURVIVE FORM:
Strange Vent (300)
Shoot Vent (500)

hmmm.... that sounds like it could be fun to do for the first time. i may try my hand at that, if i can think of a couple good ones.
desu, part of me want to put my own/xianxia spin on it such that you roll for the reward of the scenario, either getting something meh, or something cool but not game breaking. I guess the trick to balancing that so people don't get too angry would be to make sure the rewards aren't massive, but still cool enough to want... I do feel like that would actually suit a xianxia jump well(ish) with the whole 'lucky/unlucky encounters' thing...

Fair enough.

No

Also no. They are Magnus spawn, not Sanguinius spawn.They need red skin.

Having played the first two games and the first Prinny PSP game, I guess I can try to explain it.

Basically, you've got the Human World, the Netherworld, and Celestia. The Netherworld and Celestia act as Hell and Heaven, respectively, but they're also their own realms where people are born and die as normal -- although they have much longer lifespans than humans.
Humans (and demons and angels) who die having committed sins are reincarnated as Prinnies, who are then supposed to work off their debt of sin... the hard way, by working for demons and angels. After they have earned enough money to pay off their debt of sin, they can go to a ritual called the Red Moon where their souls are released for reincarnation, where they become something new in one of the three worlds.

There's some fuckery to be had sometimes and this isn't always how it works, due to power levels or character popularity or whatever's funny and/or dramatic, but that's the basic gist of it.

Congratulations on submitting to a shitposter, Toriko.

So I wasn't the only one to notice that weirdo.

The blood ravens just need a nice nest filled with shiny things. Beside they are most definitely best chapter. I mean you have Gabriel Angelos, Martellus, Tarkus and Davian Thule just to name a few. Literally best marines.

>magnus spawn
Really? I was under the impression the primarch was unknown. Still they are the best of the bunch, doing so much with so little.

There is a reason I want a proper Dawn of War jump, with an option to be a Raven.

It has never been outright stated but it has been INSANELY heavily hinted in not just the games themselves, but also in books and such. They are loyalist Thousand Suns.

"There are too many more pressing things to talk about. Where we come from and how we're made are questions that I don't know the answers to either. I mean, where am I from? Did my parents make me? How did they make me? Did they... just kiss, and somehow I was formed?"

Personally, I think cool and interesting rewards are better then power.
Not a fan of the rolling part though.

Na it's been heavily hinted they were originally a group of thousand sons that had been far away from Prospero during the burning of Prospero. I mean the history of the chapter has so many Inquisitorial seals on it that even thinking about it will probably get you killed.

Just do it in the Adeptus Astartes jump, once we get the chapter scenario you'll get to take them all with you.

Alright looking forward to them then. Good luck with it.

>best Tiefling
Neeshka? I'm playing the game right now. Do people actually like her? Her voice is shrill, the horns are too small so they just look weird, and she's a clingy, jealous bitch without actually having a romance option. I don't get it.

Is that even finished? I don't think I've seen an update on it in ages.

It's been finished for a while. It's in the upload folder if you want it.

She was SUPPOSED to have a romance option, and she's way more likeable than really any of the other female companions, so yeah, people like her. But she admittedly got completely shafted, since her romance options were cut. You can still see some of them if you open the game up in the editor.

Fair enough.

>she's way more likeable than really any of the other female companions
Shandra isn't bad, once she stops being a bitch and just becomes snarky.

Qara and Elf are terrible though.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't remember Shandra, so I'd need you to remind me who that is. It's been maybe a decade now.

I certainly remember Qara and Elf, though, and you're not wrong.

How many souls have you stolen, bargained for, or otherwise acquired from others during your chain?

Rolled 19 (1d100)

---Jump Number: 1
---Title: Shadowrun
---Starting Location: Seattle

> Rolled 8 on a 1d8, got Free Choice, and chose Seattle

> Rolled 2 and 1 on 2d8, added 16

---Background: -100 Choice Points - Street Mage
---Drawbacks: +400 Choice Points

> +100 Choice Points - Assassins Creed
> +100 Choice Points - Gremlins
> +200 Choice Points - Astral Buglight

---Perks: 1300 Choice Points

> Free from Background - Awakened
> Discounted from Background, Requires Awakened, -150 Choice Points - Sorcery
> Discounted from Background, Requires Awakened, -150 Choice Points - Conjuring
> Discounted from Background, Requires Awakened, -300 Choice Points - Initiation
> Discounted from Background, Requires Awakened, -300 Choice Points - Spirit Totem
> -400 Choice Points - On The Edge

---Ending: Onto the next jump

>Elf
What was so bad about her? I just remember her being a generic hippie elf druid.

Is there chance that in jump we will be able ti buy Poison Body ? That body type that Little Fairy Doctor have. Plus maybe lesser drawbacks or possibility to negate them?

Jumps with good/cool Warehouse options or interactions? I'd prefer stuff tied to Scenarios or challenges but anything is fine.

I could swear that aside from Grandpa spirit there was another helper the MC had on his journey. Been so long since I read it though.

Has anyone actually chosen to stay in a jump or go home at the end of a jump?

Looks like I got killed and eaten by bug ghosts.

Shandra is the farm lady who's farm you, accidentally, get burned down twice before she becomes a party member.
She is, justifiably, mad about the fact you get her farm burned down twice and acts like a bitch at first, before becoming a snarky side-kick character.

She's the granddaughter of Amon Jerro and sacrifices herself so you can get to him, during the part of the story you think he's the BBEG.

She's been stalking you since you were a child, despite human being the 'canon' race, meaning she was like 100 years old when she started stalking you. She's also just kind of creepy and bitchy beyond that.

>She's been stalking you since you were a child, despite human being the 'canon' race, meaning she was like 100 years old when she started stalking you.

Don't leave me for any of the others Senpai.

yeah, I'm not sure on the rolling part either >.<
Just was spit balling ideas.
also, yeah, definitely prefer interesting rewards to straight up power.
cheers
right now I've gotten a perk called 'Special Physique' to let you have a physique such as Poison Body or the Snake Eyes etc.
There was a Dou Zun spirit he met in the Lava world that protects him for a while

She's not even cute about the stalking! And it makes no fucking sense! She's been stalking you since you were a child, and in love with you apparently, but she bitches at you about fucking everything!

Like I'd get her being like that if she was trying to 'mold' you, but there is no indication of that.

>prefer interesting rewards
The moment you said that I couldn't help but think of a scenario where we stick by the MC from the start, being his friend, mentor, and confidant. At the end of it all, when he stands above everyone else. He will ask if there is anything he can do to repay us for being with them the whole time, and we say "Come with me.".

And possibility to null the drawbacks(Death after too much poison and addiction to it) ?

yep, wouldn't be a very good perk otherwise. Will also add a drawback with the opposite effect.

Speaking as someone who has never read this series (or even heard of it till it was mentioned here), I like this idea.

See What Justice said.

Also, it's worth remembering that there's a party relationship system that's effected by dialog, and party members will pipe up periodically to give their opinions.
Again, it's been awhile, but I certainly remember Elf being particularly vocal about how she wants to do things, and being particularly difficult to please.
Neeshka and Dwarf, on the other hand, are pretty easygoing. But Elf doesn't particularly like Neeshka.
In fact, as I remember it, Elf was basically incompatible with all the other party members for the first stretch of the game. If you said anything to make the others happy, it'd piss Elf off.

There's also a point about a third of the way into the game or so where she'll dump your ass if she doesn't like you enough, and you can't get her back.
So she'll run off with your equipment, too.

And she's also basically your divine caster/healer, I think, so you'll get well acquainted with her.

>wanting to befriend a xianxia MC
Wew lad. While this one isn't as terrible as some others, it still has great tropes such as "it's not rape if it's caused by an aphrodisiac", and the harem is as boring as always.

9 user here.
Strong Soul(-200cp): Your soul is made of tougher stuff. Your soul regenerates from damage at a rate of 1/9th per day, and any effect that would completely remove or destroy your soul instead leave you incapacitated, but with a fragment of your soul that is just large enough to keep you alive.
For the purposes of this perk, your psyche/mind is considered the one and same as your soul.

Thoughts?

>Stolen
Armies from enemy nations and pantheons are my second favorite meal
>bargained for
Do companions count for this? Most of them have come to follow me in a situation where they were basically selling their souls to me

For what setting? I would leave the 1/9 part out and just say that it'll regenerate fully in a few days, or something like that.

Then its good. And bad cos now I know that I won't have enough CP.......

Speaking of Xianxia does anyone have the link for Stellar Transformations Gdoc? The one I found is in the trash of the owner currently.

Does anyone have the discord link?

>And she's also basically your divine caster/healer, I think, so you'll get well acquainted with her.
Oh that's right, no Cleric. That was stupid.

Technically, doesn't every Jumper sell their soul to the Benefactor?

There's the Githyanki cleric but she's pretty late game.

discord.me/gofuckyourself

9, the movie with the sack people.

It's for the movie, 9. Hence the 1/9th reference, I assume.

I'm not so sure about offering an absolute affect like complete soul destruction/removal resistance for 200 CP, even if it still incapacitates you. That soul regeneration is already pretty good stuff.

But it's also hard to judge a perk like that in a vacuum. It's easier when you can see all the perk lines together. Even if they're not fleshed out.

er... you may want to read to the end of the novel before you say that (I'm assuming you haven't based on that comment). I'm not sure what you want to happen will actually occur (though likely not for the reasons you are now thinking).
Tis a struggle we all face

>er... you may want to read to the end of the novel before you say that
Can you spoil it for me? I have not read it sadly, and I do not think I will pick it back up for a long while anyway.

discord.gg/bfdbXax

TATAKAE

Kamen Rider Heisei Part 2 - Ryuki

Contract: The Right Tools, An Old Friend (500cp)

Perks
Like a Hobo (100cp)
Memories of You (400cp)

Gear
Advent Deck
Contract
Advent
Final Vent
Shoot Vent
Nasty Vent
Blast Vent
Accel Vent
SURVIVE

Drawbacks
Gorou’s Curse (+100cp)
Mirror Monsters (+100cp)
Tatakae Wa (+200cp)
Mirror Mirror on the Wall (+300cp)
Never End (+300cp)

>What do you think the result of me going to 40K and sequestering all 20 Primarch babies away to raise on a far flung world?
You've got a time machine?

Wasn't she a DLC companion?

It's more like 2/3 into the game, but yeah. Though that might be artificially lengthened due to how fucking long the cops/robbers section is.

Little bit.

I honestly dislike the Elf more than I dislike the fucking Gnome.

No. Githzerai(Not Githyanki) was base game. The Expansion companions were Half-Hag, Bald Wizard, Ghost of a thousand murderers, Bear-spirit, and Half-Angel.

Mask of the Betrayer was awesome.

Less of a reference, and more extrapolated from the fact that the Scientist managed to animate 9 Stitchpunks before falling over dead.
As for the absolute effect, maybe splitting it off into a more expensive perk...and the perk I posted is intended as an uncapper for Dark Science, which will follow the rule on the line above(8 soul splits, and you will live. 9, you die.)

At the end of the novel, after the MC reaches Dou Di level, he feels notices that 'something' is coming. Turns out that at the level of Dou Di, cultivators can leave the 'small worlds' and enter the Great Thousand Worlds, each much larger in size and filled with near ageless cultivators. It also turns out that Dou Di is not the highest existance in the GTW, merely realm/level 10 of 15. He sets off into this wider universe with his family to reach ever higher.

Mask of the Betrayer was fan-fucking-tastic. I liked the base game, I love MotB. The only downside is no Neeshka.

Reminder that this canon ending was supposed to involve tearing down the Wall of the Faceless, but the devs were REEE'd at by Wizards for wanting to do that.

Why do the devs like that thing so much anyway?

Seems like I would just need to put in more work with the MC then. Other then the idea of there being worlds beyond GTW can I see the MC actually leaving with me when he enters that level.

Thanks for spoiling me. Not as bad as I thought it would be, made me think something horrible happened.

Thanks, but you can you PLEASE add in a note saying that the changes to the setting apply to the perks etc. and are retained post jump instead of being retconned away post-jump?

Since you have to have a Time Player in Sburb what class would be best to pair on so as to get the most use of powers post-jump?

Thief of Time looks good since it doesnt seem like it would cause much Paradox any others?

>This guy believes in forced reeducation if someone has an opinion he doesn't like

True, it's entirely possible that given the nature of jumps, especially in relation to 'ascending', he would be perfectly happy to leave with you.

Honestly if someone tried to push the idea of one of those +0 setting-changing drawbacks that aren't really drawbacks reverting once the jump is over or not actually changing any of the things you get from the setting onto you they're probably just being contrarian or trying to bait you for being annoying about your opinions. I don't think it's really necessary.

Explain to me why I should not destroy the Wall Of The Faceless. Let's assume I can stop/kill/convince to stay out of my way people who get in my way, so no "the gods will be pissed if you do that"

First off, because that's the wrong way.

You want the Wall of the FAITHLESS, that's two blocks down next to the Arby's.