There's a new fashion trend amongst nobility called "Adventurer Ware"

There's a new fashion trend amongst nobility called "Adventurer Ware".

What does it look like?

Thank you for making this thread for the sole purpose of sharing an image that makes your dick hard.

sodden, mismatched and generally unpleasant scraps

basically fantasy land's version of the pre-torn jeans that retarded people like to wear

Your welcome

Like every other fashion tend, absolutely nothing like it's actual inspiration

Something resembling a contemporary hunting costume. It got popular after young duke showed up in it at the court after the hunt.

That looks very uncomfortable for horseriding.

Remember when posters on Veeky Forums could ignore things they weren't interested in

Stupid shit that looks cool. Pretty much, cosplayers.

>Adventurer
Stop calling your players this.

Quests prove that there was never such a time.

Why should I?

that died when this-is-bait posting became the norm

people really wanted downvotes on Veeky Forums that bad, and it's one of many cancers affecting this site in recent times.

>Quests prove that there was never such a time.
Quests weren't a contentious issue on Veeky Forums until moot made the bad decision to herd all of the quests from /a/ onto this board. Notice that when people make strawman arguments against quests, it's never complaining about Crab Quest or Lego Quest, it's always Loli Harem Panty-Sniffer Quest Vol 39.

To be fair, if the nobility is currently embracing the tenants of Romanticism (which would lead to"adventurer" fashions), they're certainly not going to refer to them as mercenaries, vagrants, wastrels, drifters, and criminals. It doesn't fit their worldview

Nobles cosplaying as monster hunters? I can dig it.

I’d assume asymmetrical “armor” pieces with fancy engravings, fur trim, etc. particularly daring nobles would have aesthetic rips/ holes that flirt with impropriety. Carrying a sword would be a fashion statement, of particular importance would be the hilt ornamentation, as you aren’t expected to draw the blade at a social gathering.

But what if the adventurers already like to wear frilly dresses?

Wasn't there a more recently updated version of this history of quests? Like from 2010-2014? Would it maybe be somewhere I could find on /qst/? Or would I have to go digging through the archives?

Jeez, Rubyquest was back in 2008? I remember I could only get onto the internet with my beat-up PSP, and I'd sit there glued to my screen because it was the most interesting thing happening in my life at that particular moment.

>adventurer fashions tend towards making themselves appear as members of traditional nobility, especially as glamouring magic becomes more available to them.
>noble fashions tend towards making themselves appear as hardy, rough-and-tumble adventurers (while still maintaining a level of sophistication).
>the two separate branches of fashion end up swirling around each other, until it's impossible to tell a well-dressed noble from a well-dressed adventurer
>party's adventure is about seeking out the newest sorts of fashion, looking for inspiration from all sorts of unusual places

I guess it's sort of like the fantasy equivalent of milsim poseurs decking themselves in all that tactical crap when they play airsoft

Basically next level "realismfags" who ironically went completely unrealistic with how over the top their shit is, so princess are walking around in full plate, but it's completely rusted and covered in shit to give off that "I've been wearing this for many adventures look" while the actual adventurer in well maintained mail just looks at all these people walking around it literal shit armour in horror.

When will bunnysuits and belly dancer outfits go into fashion?

>belly dancer outfits go into fashion
Just wait a decade or two

With the recent shift back to puritanism? Gonna take a while