Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/winter-is-here-jon-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Does anyone actually use Night Horrors NPCs as antagonists?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

liberationindustries.net/category/werewolf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Red Talons were right

You are leader of cabal of Master mages. How would you get to killing Ennoia from oWoD?

Second session of /wodg/'s Mage Chronicle.

Stuff happens, stuff is revealed, etc. r8, h8.

Seers and members of the Orders alike are vanishing as if they steped out for a moment and never returned. What could possibly be doing this? And what will the players do when it comes for them?

I gotta say, after seeing the stats for Huitzilopochtli, I'm not sure I'd be remotely equipped to take on any of the 3rd Gen, let alone the one that transcended the vampiric condition and turned into Gaia.

Are there any books for OWoD with pregenned stats for packs of woofs? I need some as antagonists and was hoping I could be lazy, but I'm not sure what books to look in, w20 wasn't exactly helpful in this regard, many of the creatures listed in it just don't have any numbers attached.

I'm not sure about packs, but all the tribebooks have a bunch of sample characters. You could throw some of those together.

You might want to play around with some of their skills and attributes though. I recall many sample characters from OWoD having bafflingly low skills in areas they were supposed to, according their fluff, excel at.

>group started a Werewolf game a few weeks ago
>GM's wife is a Werewolf
>we're all basic humans

Should i be worried?

>>GM's wife is a Werewolf
Kill her and use her skin for the Rite of Sacred Rebirth.

>Does anyone actually use Night Horrors NPCs as antagonists?

Who needs Night Horrors when you have mages?

Things that never happened.

I have but I'll usually modify some of the details so the players can't auto solve it by reading the book, just the old fashioned way of solving things, magic.

I used the Golden Quorum for the main antagonists of a Mage campaign. Good stuff.

What's your least favorite Vigil group and why?

Cheiron for being more suitable as Deviant Antagonists.
Rest are right mix of naive idealism, subtle moral greys, and in case of Ashwood Abbey absurd nihilism.

Actually I don't like any darker gray Hunter group that isn't Ashwood Abbey level stupid about it.

I’ve totally been using the Cheiron group as one of the secondary villains in my VtM game, and it actually has been working because my otherwise experienced VtM players don’t know how to hunt them down.
They keep eyeing up churches and shit because they think it’s the Society of Leopold, but no dice.

So how good/bad/cringey/memey/hilarious/retarded is the Pentex Handbook?

Its so good I'm running a Freak Legion game soon.

One pretty much just took telekinesis and some stuff to buff he telekinesis. He isn't even fully possessed and and has a vow to not live in excess. No physical mutations.
One is a giant mutated wyrm hide monster with stretchy arms that can summon tentacles and maybe take like 5 extra actions a turn 10rage). Brawl focused
One player took a bunch of strength and stamina (7 each) stuff and also looks like a hideous monster. Also has a fairly large fetish klaive sword taken from a werewolf of some fashion. Also has 5 rage and fomori celerity for extra actions. And can eat brains for xp

Jesus fuck, I'm reading the Earthbound Lores and they're insane. The 5-dot Chaos power is some ridiculous 9-dot shit. I wish there'd been more time to go further with all this and show off the higher-tier powers.

Maybe one day we'll get Demon 20th... But probably not qq

>play a game of werewolf
>only one person in the group rolls a werewolf

Does anyone have the end times book for Werewolf? i can't find it in the mega.

Friendly reminder that the Tzimisce are the best clan ever

>Tzimisce
>Not being a Tzimisce Skin Dancer abomination.
Why even get embraced if you don't perform the Rite of Sacred Rebirth first. Really not getting embraced was Sam Haight's biggest mistake.

Now that the Changeling 2e manuscript preview has been fully released, is anyone willing to share? Thanks.

I'm finally going to get in and buy a book(s) to run a WoD game with my friends and it's hard to know where to start. My friends really like role playing and being mischievous bastards more than combat, so keeping that in mind, which line makes the most sense to play. I've read that the vampire (in world and chronicles of darkness) is a pretty social game, and also a one-off comment that demon the fallen has a noir twist which to me sounds like a good time to me. I'm open to suggestions.

You have to botch a Gnosis roll or you die.

Which is why you have to do it at Gnosis 6. And probably use a few merits and flaws to make it more likely.

Just rolled a 6d10 in my test room server. If this had been a legitimate Gnosis roll the Garou would have only slowly died in agony.

Mischievous bastards are what most of the splats are, but most notably Awakening Mages or vampires. Combat is only a part of any of the games. Social stuff, investigation, and stealth all matter MORE than combat.

So would you say I should go requiem or masquerade?

Depends on your preference. Requiem has better rules, Masquerade has a lot more lore, some of it more interesting than Requiem's.

most of the lore in masquerade has to do with the clans right? Not really transferable to the new book? That sucks, but I think I'll pick requiem so as not to get everyone bogged down in just mechanics.

There's a fanmade translation guide for porting Masquerade lore and its corresponding mechanical stuff to Requiem IIRC.

Masquerade has like a billion clans, but on the other hand Requiem has Bloodlines for every clan. Masquerade also has vampire origins down pat, Requiem glosses over it.

Tip of the day: use macros!

/em rolls [[?{Number of dice}d10>8!]] successes on ?{Description} check.

^^^ Macro for a simple roll. Lets you input the number of dice and description.

/em rolls [[?{Number of dice}d10>8!>?{X-again}]] successes on ?{Description} check.

^^^ Same but allows you to designate X-again. Like 9-again, for example. Set to 11+ for no 10-again (some conditions do that).

Okay, so Superfriends doesn't work out great. What about monster high? Probably dumb, but a Dhampir, a Wolf blooded, a Fractal, and whatever else might have supernatural daddy issues dealing with life. Doesn't necessarily have to be about kids, monster high was just what I thought of after thinking of a Dhampir and a Fractal hanging out. Actually first thing was Scooby Doo's Ghoul School.

>Proximi Supremacy!

The fuck's a dhampir/fractal?

How does /CofD/wodg/ feel about Planescape?

Most of the ones included in the splatbooks like Witch Finders and Night Stalkers were really weak, usually due to being one note and focused on a single type of monster, in a setting that's a walking monster mash, especially with Hunter's "build a monster" system.

But if I had to just pick from the core book... Lucifuge, the concept of part demon monster hunters is cool, and so are their powers, but I'm not a big fan of the execution.

The fuck's a planetscape?

>playing a werewolf game
>only one person is a werewolf
what

The old D&D computer game?

I don't want to start a shitshow, but I'm wondering why, say, a Werewolf who wants to kill someone doesn't just say, dip into Shadow, go to that person's bedroom, and just wait for them to arrive, pop out of Shadow, go full-yiff on them, and then pop back into Shadow and leave. It seems like a tailor-made way to ninja-gank someone and I'm not really finding something at the moment to say, "nope, can't do that, sonny-boy, we've anticipated your entry level bullshit." But I'm sure someone must've.

The fuck's a computer?

In Masquerade a Dhampir is the child of a 14th or 15th gen vampire with a mortal. They're much weaker even than thin-blooded, more on the level of ghouls. Idk if it has a different meaning in Requiem.

Most things strong enough that a werewolf feels compelled to use a tactic like that to kill aren't going to just get rolled in their sleep like that.

You need to kill multiple werewolves for that. One isnt enough

>In Masquerade a Dhampir is the child of a 14th or 15th gen vampire with a mortal. They're much weaker even than thin-blooded, more on the level of ghouls. Idk if it has a different meaning in Requiem.
They could also get a merit that made them immune to all levels of Obfuscate.

You need to kill multiple woofs for that. One is not enough.

Can't you fail or boch roles on purpose? Or would you need to spend wp.?

Read on what it takes for a werewolf to pass to the Shadow outside of a locus.
Further, walking around in the Shadow alone can be a fool's gambit.

He would hve lost his awakened magick on that case. Or are you saying he would have been able to figure out a way to keep it?

That was from a staff and a sword that stole powers, Did he even have an avatar?

Been done.
liberationindustries.net/category/werewolf/

Okay, cool. Thanks, yo.

How does hunter the reckenin compare to dark ages inquisitor.

I it just setting changes or are the power snotably different like with dark ages mage and mtasc

Dhampir - from Half Damned, the half human child of vampire.

Fractal - the child of two Demons.

Is it possible to run a Mage game where either the Orders don't exist or are not as significant or as far reaching as an organization?

Yes, play a Nameless game, off in some middle-of-fucking-nowhere location the Orders either haven't heard of, or don't give a shit about.

Or just play 1-status members who don't give too much of a fuck about their Orders and only make the most casual, inconsistent contact.

Yes, in my games even paths do not exists. You dont need fucking second government for magical adventure.

I think Paths are harder to remove than orders

If my players come up with awakening scene that seems fit i let them pick nonstanart primary and secondary arcana. Boom. Done. Magic!

an then the inferior?

Yes, of course. Like Forces+Time and Death inferior and the guys magical trip was something about keeping stars and light lit so the darkness of space can never come.

can I make gem cuties if I am Moros?

have you used to the perfect metis in any of your games? did you change it at all? have you ever had it NOT be a garou? how did your experiences go?

May causes...anaphylaxis in the presence of canines.

Null Mysteriis, the idea of nerdy academic hunters is great but it forces you to make an ST level decision about science's efficacy in a world of monsters and magic that either makes them irrelevant or overpowered.

Might be Aegis Kai Doru because of the petty motivation

Why is why as per default, the Consilium is a dispute resolution body which operates to resolve disputes without murder or intolerable feuds.

>without murder or intolerable feuds
You can run the game without this.

... Not without making it a pretty different game.

I didnt make it different, i just drop supernatural social aspect. You have power to see things, you got a mistery\monster, you need to solve that (preferably through some actions and rituals that i planned for you i.e. not burning down the fog moster, i spend whole evening thinking about some mistical nonviolent way to remove it for you and you just burn the fucking fog. I promise it will comeback in next games!)

Fuck you buddy, if I want to relish in the Hubris of grand and majestic applications of my power?

That's what I'm bloody well going to do.

Well ok, we dont have to be a friends. Its a little metagaming but i like to think this way - storyteller is your exarch, demiurge, cruel reality, and players are those who deny it. A little bit of conflict fits the game.

An antagonistic relationship with your GM is never good, mate.
But you've got to let go of having just one way to deal with things.

Your players can kick down the door and blast everything with Magic.
There are consequences for that written into the system.
Let them feel it sting, at least they had the choice to make a stupid, simple decision to head-butt their problems away.

The Reckoning are objectively the worst, because they're associated with Beasts and they push the 'heroes are bad' angle.

By the way, I'm super glad the Lucifuge turned up in the playtest. Best conspiracy by far.

Pffft, it can't be that ba -

>This evocation smashes open the barrier between Creation and the chaos realms, allowing otherworldly madness and dangers to rampage into the real world. Reality cracks apart and falls into splinters over a wide area — the skies turn red, stones bleed and float through the sky, and tentacled horrors writhe beneath the skin of babies. Wounds spontaneously open on the bodies of those within the area, and almost every action has disastrous consequences. When the evocation fades and the barrier between worlds returns, reality snaps back to normal, but the changes caused by the reality breakdown remain. This can have grave consequences — such as when a floating, screaming pillar of stone suddenly plummets to the ground as gravity reasserts itself.

Okay then.

Yeah, Demon kinda lived the fuck up to 'We are the guys who made this world'. New Demon sorta leaves me cold as it's really not a good successor to demon: the fallen.

Yet one of my friend memes Demons are lesser Fae, little does she know...

Earthbound to demon as archmage to mage.

I feel you, they are not even listed in the new cWoD website.

How does Hunter the Reckoning compare to it's dark age counter part, "Dark Ages: Inquisitor"?

Is it it primarily setting changes like with dark ages vampire and vampire the masquerade

or is there notable rules changes like how pillars and foundations replaces spheres and arete in dark ages mage?

Yeah, but these are only the lower level Earthbound powers that Fallen can conceivably learn. You can have player characters with these abilities.

One of the suggestions made by the book, actually, is a former Earthbound that was cast back into the Abyss sometime in early history and has managed to return now that the walls of reality are cracking, anchoring itself within a human and getting the usual burst of empathy and humanity that results in the PCs of Fallen not being complete monsters. Or just a servant of the Earthbound who got away somehow.

Eh, not really. There isn't a healthy progression from demon to earthbound and earthbound actually LOST a lot of power (Just like they gained it). Earthbound can't use non-tormented versions of powers, so they are basically completely without fine control so they have to rely on 'Throw enough power and you'll hopefully deal with the problem'.

>when all you have is a hammer

Holy shit they actually have a power called Mind Rape. My fucking sides.

Pretty much. Normal demons (Assuming they are not too high torment) have a scalpel, a sword and a warhammer just in case. Earthbound are forever stuck with a maul.

Use your imagination and overpowered abilities.

It's completely different

Does anyone ever use signature characters or reference them in their games? If so, how do players generally respond?

The Reckoning and Null Mysteris are both bad. The former is bad because they're targeting HEROES instead, which is really stupid because the whole clusterfuck was caused by a Beast. If I was a Christian fundamentalist, and if I saw a man with a flaming spear show up to fight a monster, I wouldn't shoot at him.

I'd go down to one knee and ask him "Are you Jesus? Are you here to kill all the Mooslems?"

Null Mysteris is bad because they're objectively wrong. They're like people trying to deny gravity.

You know, I do have a question. How do the Demons in, well, Demons compare to the Demons in Vigil? The Lucifuge are descended from Demons, right? But they're not apparently the same *kind* of demons, because there's nothing about the God-Machine that has a Lucifer analogue or the 'fiery' kind of hell that we've seen.

Inferno book for Cofd/Nwod. Go for it

To expand on you have several "Demon" creatures in CofD
>DtD Demons as servants of the god-machine
>Inferno demons: classic fire and brimstone ones from different dimension
>Goetic demons from mage(need someone versed in mage to explain those)
>Strix from VtR who are also invaders from another world

Vigil was written before Demon: The Descent was made. The Demons in Vigil are from the actual Inferno, not from the God-Machine. There's a book called Inferno, which details a similar kind of demon... but to be honest, the demons of the Lucifuge's heritage are kinda vague. We don't actually know what they are, or if any of the demons we've got stats for are truly them.

The demons of Inferno may very well be just very evil and twisted spirits, rather than true elohim. They can't manifest physically so they can't have kids, which makes the Lucifuge connection tenuous.

Personally, if I ever want a Lucifuge's demonic ancestor to turn up, I translate D:tF stuff into the new system.

What's the best WtA tribe and why is it the Red Talons